• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
You use Modok and Hsien-ko? You're such a noob.
Rofl not as much as me. My team so far is Whesker, Amaterasu, Hisen-Ko.
(I don't really like Ko that much ... but I don't know what to fill the gap with.)
And since I don't have anyone decent to play against around here, I'm stickin' with it.

voorhese

Smash Master
speaking of which, monday my mom has to go set something up in lafayette at like 7:45: am and then comes back at like 2-3

would anyone be able to babysit me during that time period, so i can play some smash/mvc3/and ssfIV?

'Fro

Smash Lord
i played MvC3 with bleck last night, and its really fun
my team is not ironed out as of just yet but for M.O.D.O.K is on all of my team combinations

my best 2 so far seem to be M.O.D.O.K , anamasteru(idk how to spell it), and hsien-ko
and modok, skrull, hsien-ko

r these kinda legit?
I don't think there's a truly "bad" team in Marvel. People thought Ryu and Wolverine would be terrible, and they've both proven to have some really good tools.

Hsien-ko's armored assists seem to be a good way to absorb crap and let your other characters have some room to work. I honestly really like what Skrull can do right now. His combos are crazy good. Amaterasu is good on point, and she also has that Cold Star assist which is almost free lockdown.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Rofl not as much as me. My team so far is Whesker, Amaterasu, Hisen-Ko.
(I don't really like Ko that much ... but I don't know what to fill the gap with.)
And since I don't have anyone decent to play against around here, I'm stickin' with it.
Wesker is such a beast. His mobility and tricks are so handy, and Amaterasu assist is really helpful for that.

I've been running Spider-Man/Ryu/Hulk. I honestly think lvl 3 X-Factor Hulk is ridiculous. I won a match where my Hulk was at about 30% life, and my opponent's lower life bar was his first character with about 75%. Three combos later, I won the match. ****ing Hulk.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Tournament was fun. Playing with your match on a projector with people watching and commentators talking about it is crazy. Epically for your first real 2D fighting game tourney >.<. I think I am finally getting my nerves under control after that. It's tough tho because I can't use music because you need audio ques in mvc3 >.<

voorhese

Smash Master
I would be up for this. I have ssf4 and mvc3 for ps3, but no smash disc or a second working controller.
sounds good, i dont really HAVE to play smash, but if you want to i have a cube/xtra controller

other than that, it sounds good to me. ill be coming down today for the fafsa thing, i MIGHT be able to stay the night somewhere nwo that i think about it, because mom is coming back tomorrow, so idk why i didnt think of that b4...

'Fro

Smash Lord
For anybody interested/ free, I have a couple free hours from 3:00 to 5:00 for MvC 3 / SSF IV. Corey is already showing up as it is, so anyone else feel free to show up.

Jayford

Smash Lord
For anybody interested/ free, I have a couple free hours from 3:00 to 5:00 for MvC 3 / SSF IV. Corey is already showing up as it is, so anyone else feel free to show up.
Hmmmmm I might stop by. I can teach you kids how to play MvC 3 :p. I use a team that isn't awful to play against now lol. Felicia / Sentinel / Phoenix. Felicia's normals are so broken lmao. All you have to do is dash in and out and hit confirm with jab. And if they push block you then you get a free 50/50 with delta kick lmao.

Also, I found like a 75% Storm combo. All you do is crouching a and if it hits you call Sentinel drones in between hits (it still combos lol) and then do her launcher and then S into the Sentinel drones. They bounce off of them and then you can lightning super. It's so good.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Hmmmmm I might stop by. I can teach you kids how to play MvC 3 :p. I use a team that isn't awful to play against now lol. Felicia / Sentinel / Phoenix. Felicia's normals are so broken lmao. All you have to do is dash in and out and hit confirm with jab. And if they push block you then you get a free 50/50 with delta kick lmao.

Also, I found like a 75% Storm combo. All you do is crouching a and if it hits you call Sentinel drones in between hits (it still combos lol) and then do her launcher and then S into the Sentinel drones. They bounce off of them and then you can lightning super. It's so good.
Felicia's normals are pretty good, I gotta say. She's a lot better than people give her credit for, but then again, that's a lot of other characters in the game. Too bad everyone is too busy johning about Sentinel to ever think about anything else in the game. Everyone except Justin Wong, that is.

EDIT: I watched a couple of your matches from Naptown. Tough luck on that match with Munin.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Felicia's normals are pretty good, I gotta say. She's a lot better than people give her credit for, but then again, that's a lot of other characters in the game. Too bad everyone is too busy johning about Sentinel to ever think about anything else in the game. Everyone except Justin Wong, that is.

EDIT: I watched a couple of your matches from Naptown. Tough luck on that match with Munin.
Yeah, I should have one that one =/. That was the one that was on the big screen and stuff. My nerves got to me big time that match. When I start spamming supers with Haggar that is basically when I caved under the pressure lol. Also I dropped so many combos that match. It's all good tho because now I know what to do when my nerves get to me. I'm fairly happy with how I did tho for my first big 2d fighting game tournament experience. I'm planning on trying to go to Final Round lol.

I'm johning out. I have way more hw then I thought >.<

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
they shut it down on set 2 game 4 last stock. had to be on purpose. thats what you get for not going to the tournament and being a stream camping noob(obv i include myself here) or leaving the tournament early like a LANCE

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
That stream was super intense though.

EDIT: this kid is looking for some smash tomorrow, after 2:30. until anytime around 6ish. anyone down? I can probably host, but I live in lafayette.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hahaha, Lance, Alan, your posts made me laf.

Also, Jason, we are getting drunk when I come down. No if and/or buts about it. The way I see it, you might as well learn from the best.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Hahaha, Lance, Alan, your posts made me laf.

Also, Jason, we are getting drunk when I come down. No if and/or buts about it. The way I see it, you might as well learn from the best.
Oh, man..... Jason, At the very least one drink on me for your birthday, son. This occasion shall be epic. Come to think of it, it's been a while since the last 21st celebrated within the crew. I remember Alanson and I downing shots at the bowling alley...... Good times!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
George, you have to change your avatar. It looks too similar to The Voorheese's, and it's confusing me.

Top Bottom