• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

voorhese

Smash Master
lol my avatar is supposed to look like an MLG thing but with a hockey mask instead of a controller

and his is "the greatful dead"'s symbol, how is this confusing?

u matt

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Oh, I remember those, Adam. I liked the shuriken shaped ones the most, lol.

Hahaha, Limecat. Yeah, George, you definitely had that one already. Hmmm, let me sit on it for a while. I'll help you decide. Selecting an avatar takes a great deal of effort.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Hey Andrew. You're an A7x Fanboy, right?
If I want to branch out from City of Evil, what other albums am I looking at?
'Cause I've decided I want to buy something random without listening to it ...
... But I'd also rather not hate it.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
New game, new pooch.
Glad you approve! =P
MvC3? sounds like I'll have to pride match you to see who has the top dog. ;) I'm actually overwhelmingly horrible at that game, but I do like that dog a lot, she looks cool. If I ever buy the game I'll see about improving.

Thanks again adam, your comments on my playing helped identify some areas for improvement I might not have been able to think of on my own.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Skylar, I know it's still early, but we needz us a battle plan for molesting all the black phantoms. I read that they are bringing back the class system, so what who should be what? I know you like to charge in and break stuff with your axes, so maybe you should be a knight or soldier or somethin'? As for me, I like to run and hide, and assist from afar. Perhaps I should be a mage or priest? And what about Corey/Lance (sadly, the three party system stills seems to be in effect)? Perhaps we'll need a thief or wanderer to chase down any of the scaredy cats that try to run away from us? OMG, I can't wait for this game!

voorhese

Smash Master
goose your in for a treat, there is gonna be another johnticello tourney sometime in the future, and limitz's sister and my sister are teaming at said tourney....and i think there will be a recording setup or 2 involved...get hyped

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Limitz's sister is gonna be there? In that case, the recording setup won't be for Melee matches, I'll tell you that much right now.

wait wut?

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Skylar, I know it's still early, but we needz us a battle plan for molesting all the black phantoms. I read that they are bringing back the class system, so what who should be what? I know you like to charge in and break stuff with your axes, so maybe you should be a knight or soldier or somethin'? As for me, I like to run and hide, and assist from afar. Perhaps I should be a mage or priest? And what about Corey/Lance (sadly, the three party system stills seems to be in effect)? Perhaps we'll need a thief or wanderer to chase down any of the scaredy cats that try to run away from us? OMG, I can't wait for this game!
Rofl ... the placeholder for the game (according to Gamestop) is like in december, Matt. XD

And anyway, I always ran a faith/battle axe build for mad health regen and heals. (and a giant mother-****in' axe!) So I'll probably start as cleric again.

Means someone should have range ... 'cause I'll probably have very poor ranged combat capability. Because ... yaknow ... the average religious zelot likes to hit people (read: monsters) with large blunt insturments. XD

MvC3? sounds like I'll have to pride match you to see who has the top dog. ;) I'm actually overwhelmingly horrible at that game, but I do like that dog a lot, she looks cool. If I ever buy the game I'll see about improving.
To be honest, I'm garbage with Ammy. I just use her assist to lock people down when I need whesker to combo something or suddenly be somewhere else, or if people are being campy little *****s with ranged attacks, because she outclasses them all. XD

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Rofl ... the placeholder for the game (according to Gamestop) is like in december, Matt. XD
I know, which makes my waiting for it that much harder!

Because ... yaknow ... the average religious zelot likes to hit people (read: monsters) with large blunt insturments. XD
Haha, yeah....

Also, I wanna dual-wield my uchigatanas again. :p It's so not practical, but it looks so cool! And I'm all about cool. :cool:

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
lol thanks for the suggestions, but i dont plan on changing my avatar. i was just humoring matt :). you guys can keep posting them cuz they are funny lolll

waynes world one is my fav so far lololol funny *** pic

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I'm hyped too, we'll figure something out for the party system. Several alts should allow for a range of party mixups.

I kind of want to make a trolling build in this one.
Means someone should have range ... 'cause I'll probably have very poor ranged combat capability. Because ... yaknow ... the average religious zelot likes to hit people (read: monsters) with large blunt insturments. XD
BBS has stupid good range for it's speed/damage. I'll use that with HSA and SC ;) Because I really need all of that. All of it. I do hope they make the best armor in the game harder to get this time around. it was sure handy, but it made the game too easy at low levels.

To be honest, I'm garbage with Ammy.
I'm worse.
I just use her assist to lock people down when I need whesker to combo something or suddenly be somewhere else, or if people are being campy little *****s with ranged attacks, because she outclasses them all. XD
whesker... I was using him too.... what's your third?

funny *** pic
Also a funny *** movie.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
whesker... I was using him too.... what's your third?
Right now, it's Hisen-Ko or whatever her name is.
I'm not all that happy with her to be honest, but I at least know how to do stuff with her.

Why couldn't they put Talbain in for more darkstalkers characters!? Augh!

So I guess officially, my team is Whesker, Ammy, and the Random One button.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Right now, it's Hisen-Ko or whatever her name is.
I'm not all that happy with her to be honest, but I at least know how to do stuff with her.

Why couldn't they put Talbain in for more darkstalkers characters!? Augh!

So I guess officially, my team is Whesker, Ammy, and the Random One button.
You already know how to armor Hsien-Ko so she can take hits for your team members, right?

Well, if you wanted to round off that kinda team, probably a character with a good get-outta-my-face assist or an OTG-capable one for combos. Either way you could look for someone who can run that level 3 X-factor fear chain and mutilate a team. Sentinel is the popular choice for this (dumb ****ing robot) but other characters that seem to anchor well are Akuma (crazy speed and Raging Demon when anchoring, as well as two good assists), Super Skrull (great combo damage off of very tight situations), and Phoenix (Dark Phoenix with lvl 3 X-factor = dead opponent). Just some suggestions.

Of course, if you want something wacky, you could run someone like Viewtiful Joe or M.O.D.O.K. or something like that.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Yeah I know how to armor Ko.
SWINGIN' A CHAIN! XD

I actually was looking at pheonix for her defensive V assist thing.
And X-32,023,323 or whatever her name is for an off-the-ground + general awesome mix-up.
I refuse to use super-skrull on the grounds that he looks ridiculous.
(not as wacky as taskmaster, but still)
And I'm holding off using Akuma ... but I'll probably wind up using him eventually anyway.

I hate MODOK with a firey passion, and therefore refuse to use him.
And I can't use viewtiful joe until I am much more awesome at this game.

EDIT: Also ... I think this is my favorite avatar ever. I'm keeping it forever and ever and ever.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Yeah I know how to armor Ko.
SWINGIN' A CHAIN! XD

I actually was looking at pheonix for her defensive V assist thing.
And X-32,023,323 or whatever her name is for an off-the-ground + general awesome mix-up.
I refuse to use super-skrull on the grounds that he looks ridiculous.
(not as wacky as taskmaster, but still)
And I'm holding off using Akuma ... but I'll probably wind up using him eventually anyway.

I hate MODOK with a firey passion, and therefore refuse to use him.
And I can't use viewtiful joe until I am much more awesome at this game.

EDIT: Also ... I think this is my favorite avatar ever. I'm keeping it forever and ever and ever.
X-23 is pretty awesome. Air combo > OTG > super is pretty awesome. She's another good X-Factor user as well.

Super Skrull is awesome, man! All the Fantastic Four's powers rolled into one character?

kirkq

Smash Ace
I'm like 80% on going to SMYM. If I go, I'll be driving. I'm playing like garbage lately, so don't expect much. I'm just going to hang out mostly. If you have anything pertinent, message me on facebook or something. I'm not gonna check here much.

Joonz.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
If anyone wants to smash today, let me know. I'll be at fro's during the early afternoon, playing sf/mvc3, but I need to leave there ~5:20 anyway, and I have to be back on campus at 6:00 anyway. And I wouldn't mind leaving there a little early, because right now I'm smash>sf>mvc. Although to be fair I've hardly played mvc. But I love me some smash.

Just text me if you think you can.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Top Bottom