• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
Obviously Ahmed's room will be converted into this weekend's party room once Maus, Matt, Bryan, Craig, etc. get into town. :p

Oh yeah, speaking of which, we all must go down to meet Maus at the Union when he gets in.

EDIT: That would be around midnight to 12:30, last time I talked to him.
12/12:30 our time or korean time?

also brawl being easier to pick up than melee...muy interesante...

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
oh and alan i know it may not be my place to say this but im going to anyways...as a TO i would think that it would be a responsibility of yours to make new people feel welcome. regardless of what you think about their comments and what not talking trash to them just doesnt make ssbo look too good at all in my opinion. whether you take my opinions seriously or not just know that what you say does reflect on the other ssbo members and TO's.

and i dont mean to just call you out cuz others have been doing the same but i feel like since you are a TO and all that you would set the example because you do have that title

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
Back to tonight. My roommate brought to my attention that he's taking the little TV with him back to Chicago today. That leaves me with only one TV in the room, so we'll need at least one more set up.
Well, I can always steal my TV back from Bun ... but it's plasma, so it would probably be better if someone else supplied the setup.

Ahahaha, I know who it is XD
Know who what is? I'm lost.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Could anybody tell me where some close by non-student parking might be, parking garage or otherwise? (preferably free, not sure if any garages charge on weekends, if they do, please specify) I was just told wiley has no parking garage.

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
Could anybody tell me where some close by non-student parking might be, parking garage or otherwise? (preferably free, not sure if any garages charge on weekends, if they do, please specify) I was just told wiley has no parking garage.
hey garages are free from friday after 5pm to monday up til 7 am. also the parking lot for the corec is free after 5 pm on friday til 7 am on monday. the corec is preferable since it is right across from wiley

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
hey garages are free from friday after 5pm to monday up til 7 am. also the parking lot for the corec is free after 5 pm on friday til 7 am on monday. the corec is preferable since it is right across from wiley
Thanks alot, that's the parking lot right next to the track (discus maybe...) facility right?

10googlemaps

'Fro

Smash Lord
Cary Quad has a parking lot that isn't monitored during the weekends. It's at the crossing of Tower Drive and Steven Beering Drive.

voorhese

Smash Master
Then get another ride.
oh yah like im trying, its 11:46, and i have like exactly 12 hours before we leave for the tourney, so i have to find a ride at midnight.......

u will make my job easier if someone drives us to some town 15 minuites away from lafayette, its starts with a 'B', anyways u think my g-ma will pick us up there, she just doesnt like driving to lafayette...

Edit: not looking good guys, i might just have to miss this one, and practice for next one... in november japn and sawyer can drive so well be good then

name

Smash Cadet
Sorry I couldn't make it last night guys. I'll probably end up showing up for the singles thing tomorrow if anyone could tell me what time that'll end up happening. See ya then!

_kSo_

Smash Master
Sorry I couldn't make it last night guys. I'll probably end up showing up for the singles thing tomorrow if anyone could tell me what time that'll end up happening. See ya then!
Doubles starts at 2, singles will probably start at 5

Dark_Flow

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it.

I look forward to destroying you all in the future.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO XX - Maus Edition Results

Doubles Final Bracket Results:
1: ***** Princesses Who Press Down B When Scared v2.008 (Maus + NJzFinest) ($54.00)
2: Soul Train (Kirkq + Lavos) ($27.00)
3: ******* in the Sky (Mr. H + 'Fro) ($9.00)

4: KTF MagicNs (kSo + Goosefactor)

Doubles Pools Results: 9 teams total
1: nigga Princesses Who Press Down B When Scared Ver. 2.008 (Maus + NJzFinest)
1: Soul Train (Kirkq + Lavos)
3: KTF MagicNs (kSo + Goosefactor)
3: ******* in the Sky (Mr. H + 'Fro)
5: Black Irish (jason_voorhese + Andre)
5: Toasty Bunz (BunBun + i am the microwave)
7: People Who Love ABBA (AC Buritto + Sir Kibble)
7: Bubblegum (Colby + Faithkeeper)
9: Gannons (Jamie + Dustin)

Singles Final Bracket Results:

1: Kirkq ($60.00)
2: 'Fro ($30.00)
3: NJzFinest ($10.00)

4: Maus
5: Goosefactor
5: DracoFox
7: Voorhese
7: i am the microwave
9: BunBun
9: Mr. H
9: HIPY
9: Lavos
13: DMON
13: AC Burrito
13: Japn
13: Sir K.

Singles Pools Results: 20 players total
1: Lavos
1: NJzFinest
1: DracoFox
1: Kirkq
5: Maus
5: HIPY
5: Voorhese
5: Goosefactor
9: BunBun
9: i am the microwave
9: Mr. H
9: 'Fro
13: DMON
13: AC Burrito
13: Sir K.
13: Japn
17: MUNIN
17: Colby Cheese
17: Name
17: Faithkeeper

I was very, very pleased with the turn-out this time around; we had our largest attendance yet of 9 teams and 20 singles players, which led us to seed into a 16-man bracket for the first time in paid-entry SSBO history. Besides the turn-out, the event itself was also an absolute blast as any spectator to such matches as DracoFox vs. Voorhese, Goosefactor vs. Maus, and Maus vs. Voorhese can tell you. With the new interest shown today, I am confident in all future turn-outs and prize pay-outs. Today, as a matter of fact, saw our highest ever doubles and singles prize pools at $90 and $100 each, respectively.

Our next prospective date for SSBO XXI is October 25, two weeks from now, as usual. Andrew will confirm this as soon as he checks on the room's availability.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Our next prospective date for SSBO XXI is October 25, two weeks from now, as usual. Andrew will confirm this as soon as he checks on the room's availability.
I can't wait. I hope the attendance keeps up, with 16 man brackets i have a chance to make it out of pools. :D

This was my first melee tourn, and i'd like to thank anyone who played me or gave me advice. I learned alot and enjoyed myself thoroughly (the reasons for my going). See you all in a couple weeks.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I wish I could have stayed for singles. It would have been so much fun...

I will definitely be available for the next one though. Looking forward to seeing this amount of people next time, if not more.

Good shit all around. Maus, we still need to play 1v1s before you leave

'Fro

Smash Lord
I'm finding it hard to correctly describe how awesome the tourney was. If I miss anyone in the following, I'm sorry...To little sleep after so much awesomeness:

Maus: I'm very glad to have finally met you in person. I am sorry for your little bit of misfortune last night. "It stops THERE? WHAT THE FAWK?!?!?!"

Draco: Amazing matches yet again! I'm honestly at a loss of words as to how to describe them right now...

NJay: .... Thanks for buying me dinner. :p
But in all seriousness, thanks for helping me put in practice last week and your compliments. It meant a lot to me coming from somebody of your level.

James Rex Zifer: You ridiculous human being. Your name is beyond the legal level of manliness. I'm kinda sad we never met in singles, though...

Bunbun: You're top tier in finding venues. This new place is too good! You've made some of the best SSBO moments possible by making this one little step!

Kirkq: So that's how you play against Samus...Interesting. I'm very glad I got to play you more than once in a tourney for the first time, and I appreciate your input on my Samus vs. Falco match-up.

Voorhese: Keep bringing people! And keep working hard, son. You're learning quite a bit! Sorry for what Maus did to you, though... Soul Train'd!

Goose: Jonas, never randomly stand in hallways when I'm asleep again. That was scary. Your gold skin tone is ridiculously bright to a sleeping person.

Craig: Partner, we're on a roll! Jiggling up there all day long, son! Let's keep at it! Not every good team needs a top tier!

George: GEORGE! ****ing make sure you have a TV before you make me trek up three floors with one!

KSO: I find your lack of presence in singles very saddening.

Hippy: Where the hell did you come from? First tourney? Unbelievable stuff! Do bring the rest of your crew here as well, man.

Cunning Kitsune: Whoever says practicing against you doesn't help needs a reality check.

And a huge thank you to the enitre crew for the amazing experience that is SSBO.

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
Maus: I'm very glad to have finally met you in person. I am sorry for your little bit of misfortune last night. "It stops THERE? WHAT THE FAWK?!?!?!"
Stuff like that always happens to Maus. If it didn't, life wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

Goose: Jonas, never randomly stand in hallways when I'm asleep again. That was scary. Your gold skin tone is ridiculously bright to a sleeping person.
WTF!? O_o

Hippy: Where the hell did you come from? First tourney? Unbelievable stuff! Do bring the rest of your crew here as well, man.
And hear hear. Good job in the tourney, and thanks fer comin' ta Bdubs with us. Bring the whole party next time!

- -- - --- - -- -

Hella fun tournament guys. I'd say I'll do better next time, but not if more random awesome people show up ... So, here's to hoping attendance is as good next time.

voorhese

Smash Master
good games everyone, especially draco, hope to play u again in the next ssbo, and that ****ing sucked getting soultrain'd 3 times in a row.... soultrain-> tech chase soultrain-> soultrain spike = best combo ever

'Fro

Smash Lord
WTF!? O_o
We spent the night at Bryan's place. Goose was randomly standing in the hallway where I could see him from the couch I slept on. I woke up when he was goosing around , and saw him standing there. It was scary.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Andrew from Carl's account (of course...):

Fro & Craig: Fun playing in teams against you guys. I learned that puff, in fact, does NOT counter Samus or Peach...
Voorhese: Counterpicking Yoshi's story against ganon was a bad idea, Eh?
Mausu: =P
Anthony: "Do you still have the pot" = win...
Sky: Lmao, brackets.
Name: 2a 2b 2c 5c j.B j.C dj.B j.C AT. =P Or, if I'm a *****, 2a 2b 2c 5c 236a EX cancel 236c. We'll play at some point, I promise.
Goose: Yaaaaaaaaay kirby and jiggs dittos!
George: <3
Jay: Close matches, dude. Next time...
Draco: Que?

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
No shoutouts cuz im lazy...but GOOD SHI T EVERYONE!!!!Awesome turnout, lets get even more for next time, and show those brawl ****ers what a real tournament(purdue-style) is...TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO COME OUT IN 2 WEEKS KIDS

ps fro always knocks me out of pools...lame..

'Fro

Smash Lord
No shoutouts cuz im lazy...but GOOD SHI T EVERYONE!!!!Awesome turnout, lets get even more for next time, and show those brawl ****ers what a real tournament(purdue-style) is...TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO COME OUT IN 2 WEEKS KIDS

ps fro always knocks me out of pools...lame..
Um...Pools? We've never been in the same pool, George. :laugh:

EDIT: Also, Sir Kibble, your bag of Sun Chips is still in my room.

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
Also, Sir Kibble, your bag of Sun Chips is still in my room.
It would have been like I'd never been there if I hadn't left some random food in your room. Go ahead and eat them (or feed them to George if you get the chance). I'm pretty sure I do that to everyone.

... Ask Anthony about Dr. Pepper some time ... or Bunbun about ... anything.

name

Smash Cadet
Name: 2a 2b 2c 5c j.B j.C dj.B j.C AT. =P Or, if I'm a *****, 2a 2b 2c 5c 236a EX cancel 236c. We'll play at some point, I promise.

Grumble Grumble.

2a2b2c3c5c jbjc djb jc airdash b db dj AT :O

I think I'm gonna wait on entering any more smash tourneys before I can actually practice this game. I'll still probably show up, but I think I'll waive donating my 5 dollars.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Andrew posting from Carl's.....:

Grumble Grumble.

2a2b2c3c5c jbjc djb jc airdash b db dj AT :O

I think I'm gonna wait on entering any more smash tourneys before I can actually practice this game. I'll still probably show up, but I think I'll waive donating my 5 dollars.
Aoko combos hurt so much.

Anyway, I think you should come practice with us on off-saturdays. That way you can enter the tourney's and beat the hell out of everyone.

EDIT: And I seriously, seriously cannot stop watching the post above me...

Top Bottom