• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I will be attending this tournament. It will be my first tournament, but I think I am more than competent enough to place well.
Great. We'll be looking forward to playin' ya.

-----------------------------------------

You guys, I have some very disturbing news. The Spadish is gone. I guess my parents traded it in today for something else. :(

'Fro

Smash Lord
Great. We'll be looking forward to playin' ya.

-----------------------------------------

You guys, I have some very disturbing news. The Spadish is gone. I guess my parents traded it in today for something else. :(
Dammit, Jonas! WTF? The Spadish was top tier! ....How are you getting here, then?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Dammit, Jonas! WTF? The Spadish was top tier! ....How are you getting here, then?
I'll just use the truck (I hate driving that stupid thing) or the new one. But I know, the Spadish was so top tier. I'm not gonna feel like a huge bully on the roads now. I'm gonna be the little new kid on the block....

BunBun

Smash Master
No ******* the new guy, idiots. Wait til he shows up to do that.

<3 you all.

EDIT: lol, **** isn't censored, and jap is....
Double edit: XD, wtf?

'Fro

Smash Lord
No ******* the new guy, idiots. Wait til he shows up to do that.

<3 you all.

EDIT: lol, **** isn't censored, and jap is....
Double edit: XD, wtf?
Smashboards censorship -1
Bunbun- 0

Agreed on the new guy. Though Alan's excused, because he has (and he'll admit to this) stated that he will beat the **** out of Dixie Kong in Guitar Hero. Yes, the Dixie Kong from DKC 2 & 3.

name

Smash Cadet
Bunbun, we'll have to see about that MM, I recently got my FS3 workin on my computer and it's like starting learning over again.

Also, Ahmed, Friday, we still doin this? What time should we show up?

'Fro

Smash Lord
Bunbun, we'll have to see about that MM, I recently got my FS3 workin on my computer and it's like starting learning over again.

Also, Ahmed, Friday, we still doin this? What time should we show up?
Good question.

I'll go ahead and say 9:30-10:00 is when I'm gauranteed to have everything set up. I'm going to be running a club meeting/dinner before that. Our president is off to Texas for something important, so I'm in charge as VP. I'm hoping dinner doesn't take longer than expected. I'll be getting in touch with everyone via cell phones if anything changes, but if you're planning on showing up then that's when for now.

EDIT: For set ups, I have two TVs in the room, which is as much as possible without squishing anybody. Three set ups can be done, but it'll be cramped for sure that way.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Obviously Ahmed's room will be converted into this weekend's party room once Maus, Matt, Bryan, Craig, etc. get into town. :p

Oh yeah, speaking of which, we all must go down to meet Maus at the Union when he gets in.

EDIT: That would be around midnight to 12:30, last time I talked to him.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Obviously Ahmed's room will be converted into this weekend's party room once Maus, Matt, Bryan, Craig, etc. get into town. :p

Oh yeah, speaking of which, we all must go down to meet Maus at the Union when he gets in.
And what time would that be? I'm hoping I can make it.

Dark_Flow

Smash Rookie
I accept all challenges.

I prefer to play Brawl, but Melee is an easier game to pick up anyway.

I think I can at least place well enough to win money in this tournament.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I accept all challenges.

I'll admit you've gotten me curious now....How about showing up tomorrow at my place and playing some friendlies with us? You seem...Pretty confident in yourself.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I accept all challenges.
Sounds good. Best of 5, SSBO rules?

You don't know what you're talking about. Do some fucking research and learn how to play for real.

I think I can at least win money from this tournament on a bet that you won't place well at all.

BunBun

Smash Master
lawl, agreed.

Bunbun, Friday, before Ahmed's since he's doin all that **** until late, wanna get some MBAC in?!
Yeah, my place, PS2. You've got my number.

Also, calm down Alan. You don't have to be so aggressive.

EDIT: DarkFlow, you accept all challenges?
Sibirskiy Viun match? We can go weapons hot or open hand, your choice.

name

Smash Cadet
Yeah, my place, PS2. You've got my number.

Also, calm down Alan. You don't have to be so aggressive.

Sounds good. Also, what the hell is that?!

'Fro

Smash Lord
LOL at the ridiculous amount of responses from Dark Flow's last post. Let's at least wait for him to show up, and see what that's all about.

Dark Flow, do you realize that these tournaments gather Purdue's best? Many of us have travelled to tournaments in other cities and some of our players have years of experience behind them in competetive Melee. I'm trying to give you a clear picture of what to expect when you show up here.

As for your Melee vs. Brawl opinion, I won't get into that. That's entirely up to you. However, it's entirely up to our T.O.s to decide what we're playing, and Melee happens to be what they've picked. (Which makes me very happy indeed). Just show up and have a good time, like we all intend to do. If you want challenges, though, I'm game. I might have to get in line the way things are looking, though!

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
wtf alan dont be so mean to the new guy...

Dark Flow AND ALL NEW PEOPLE: we are glad you're coming to the tourney and we are a nice welcoming group, the more people the better!!!

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Haha why do you always posts on Anthonys...are you just like at his place and"**** I NEED TO GO ON SMASHBOARDS RIGHT NOW WITH ANTHONYS ACCOUNT"

edit: i wanna go on anthonys so i can go in the BR LOL

goosefactor

Smash Lord
wtf alan dont be so mean to the new guy...

Dark Flow AND ALL NEW PEOPLE: we are glad you're coming to the tourney and we are a nice welcoming group, the more people the better!!!
Hear, hear. My thoughts exactly.

Andrew on Anthony's acct:

Yaaaaaaay George! Being Father Goose for us...
Heh, I had already decided how I was going to respond to George's post before I scrolled down to read this. You guys seem to know me all too well. lol

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
Andrew on Anthony's acct:

Yaaaaaaay George! Being Father Goose for us...
Is it just me, or does Andrew post on Anthony's account more often than Anthony does?

Bunbun, Friday, before Ahmed's since he's doin all that **** until late, wanna get some MBAC in?!
Hey! I want to play ... I'll just randomly show up anyway. I need somethin' to do from 6:30 onward.

Dark_Flow

Smash Rookie
Is this game as easy to pick up as melee?

SSBO XIX Results 9-27-08
Singles Bracket Results
1: Goosefactor - $42.00
2: 'Fro - $21.00
3: i am the microwave - $7.00

4: jason_voorheese
5: DracoFox
5: Ac-Burito
7: BunBun
7: KSO

I think I can at least win money from this tournament on a bet that you won't place well at all.
Likewise...

'Fro

Smash Lord
Is this game as easy to pick up as melee?

Likewise...
*whistles uncomfortably*

At this point, considering I've invited you to tonight's Smash fest twice and you haven't responded, and you're making posts like these, I don't know if you're for real or you're just trolling our thread. In any case, do wait until you play us before you assess yourself.

Back to tonight. My roommate brought to my attention that he's taking the little TV with him back to Chicago today. That leaves me with only one TV in the room, so we'll need at least one more set up.

Top Bottom