• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

voorhese

Smash Master
what tourney were u guys talking about guying to driving/ flying, also kitsune told me once than ganon/marth isnt really a good team, so me and sawyer are teaming as "kitsune said this team would'nt work", and sawyers gotten a lot better, and now he has the game and all that, i expect to see him beat me here soon

edit* also if all those people are coming, i predict our best turnout, because i have at leadt 5 people here planning on going, and we have room for 8 total =) (maybe, depends on if our friend with van drives us)

ill prolly wanna mm someone that does not think tech skill means dtilt->dsmash =)

'Fro

Smash Lord
ill prolly wanna mm someone that does not think tech skill means dtilt->dsmash =)
Huh? What? I am glad to hear you're bringing even more people, though. I'm curious to see what Sawyer's turned into. Also curious to see if you're going to take me to Mute City again.
:p

Back to the real world. I'm glad me and Craig will finally have our team debut this year. Took long enough! I'm expecting a pretty good turnout. Also expecting a recording set-up to be provided. Alan, you'd better play some singles with me, tourney or no tourney. I feel weird going from playing you almost every day during the summer to going this long without a match.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Funny thing about that is if he even teamed with Anthony, he'd still have a poor chance against us.
Dud, don't say that. That's not cool. Bunbun has actually gotten alot better recently.

Heh, unless you were thinking that Anthony would be the one bringing the team down. In that case, I'd completely concur with your statment. :p

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
and sawyers gotten a lot better, and now he has the game and all that, i expect to see him beat me here soon
Because that's saying much, LOL
So.... you want to money match everyone? O_o
I'm down!!!
Let's make a line or something; I shotty first in line ^_^
Dud, don't say that. That's not cool. Bunbun has actually gotten alot better recently.
I'm well aware, I've played him more then you have... but what about Maus?
You don't think he got alot better recently?
I just think it's hilarious how people don't realize there's a good chance that Maus > me/Kirkq now.

When I said that, I wasn't really considering how good BunBun is, rather, how amazing Maus is.

Me and Kirkq can take Ckit and Bun, so I'm pretty sure me and Maus can too, especially if Maus plays Sheik (much better character then Falco in teams).

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I'm well aware, I've played him more then you have... but what about Maus?
You don't think he got alot better recently?
I just think it's hilarious how people don't realize there's a good chance that Maus > me/Kirkq now.

When I said that, I wasn't really considering how good BunBun is, rather, how amazing Maus is.

Me and Kirkq can take Ckit and Bun, so I'm pretty sure me and Maus can too, especially if Maus plays Sheik (much better character then Falco in teams).
Look, I was just saying that it wasn't cool to say that cause it sounded pretty cruel. Whether I think you guys can beat them had nothing to do with it. In that vein, I didn't imply anything about how good Maus is or anything. Like I said before, I learned my lesson a few months back not to put my two cents in with regards to where I feel people stand in skill (and frankly, it is of little importance to me anyways). I just thought it was a rather mean thing to say especially since I know how much Andrew's been trying to improve. But maybe you were just joking? In fact, you probably were. So I guess the lesson to learn this time is to just mind my own business. :ohwell:

And yes, I am fully aware that you've played him more than I have, and that you would know better than me how much he's improved.

Lavos

Smash Journeyman

Lighten up Goose,

I doubt anyone's pride has been seriously injured on this thread and if they have, they have no reason to be. Maus has been in the freaking hyperbolic time chamber down at Georgia and we're all screwed, it's a fact. He can now command the thunder within himself! That's basically SS level 4!

Also, stop dwelling on your rankings post. Anyone who was offended has gotten over it by now.

BunBun

Smash Master
Because that's saying much, LOL

I can't gauge Maus's skill, as he is unbelievably modest about everything.

I'd suggest NOT forcing his hand. Broom hurts.
=P We need to play again at some point.

You forgot about the Kirkq + BunBun vs. Lavos + Ckit match.

(We 8 stocked them.)

True story.
Lmao, funny night.

Which reminds me, I need to get posting the new Purdue Power Rankings.
Jesus, this'll be ridiculous. I vote George to #1.

Mr H

Smash Ace
Look, I was just saying that it wasn't cool to say that cause it sounded pretty cruel. Whether I think you guys can beat them had nothing to do with it. In that vein, I didn't imply anything about how good Maus is or anything. Like I said before, I learned my lesson a few months back not to put my two cents in with regards to where I feel people stand in skill (and frankly, it is of little importance to me anyways). I just thought it was a rather mean thing to say especially since I know how much Andrew's been trying to improve. But maybe you were just joking? In fact, you probably were. So I guess the lesson to learn this time is to just mind my own business. :ohwell:

And yes, I am fully aware that you've played him more than I have, and that you would know better than me how much he's improved.
father goose always knows wats good and bad lol

name

Smash Cadet
But srsly, MM MBAC?!

We need to play soon :(, are we doing something this friday, cuz I'll definitely show up if MBAC is gonna be there

I was just hustling you two weeks ago. I'm pro at MBAC.

BunBun

Smash Master
Lol, for real? It's always with me, and I'm usually in Wiley.

Plus, you have my number, and I'm always up for some MBAC

EDIT: Yes, MM MBAC is fine with me.

name

Smash Cadet
Ah. Care to try it?

Sure. I'll use Miyako against anyone other than Nero, Warachia and V-Akiha. Those get the Nanaya.

If you force my hand, I'll pull out Kohaku =P
Where does Ciel fit in? Doesn't she count as a bull**** projectile character?!

I was gonna keep it a secret and just play you, but I can't stop playing this game. Unfortunately I love hard characters, Sion, Aoko, and V. Akiha D:

'Fro

Smash Lord
Guys, I just want some feedback on who would like to show up at my place for Smash (or anything else) Friday night. I do wanna have this as kind of a pre-game for Saturday, so everyone can let off that school-induced rust, particularly me. We could get Insomnia Cookies or something.

name

Smash Cadet
Keep it that way or you'll beat my ***. I gotta keep practicing. By the way, you should so get it for computer, net play is awesome.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Smashboards =/= AIM
lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Guys, I just want some feedback on who would like to show up at my place for Smash (or anything else) Friday night. I do wanna have this as kind of a pre-game for Saturday, so everyone can let off that school-induced rust, particularly me. We could get Insomnia Cookies or something.
I'd be down with that, Fro. I'll be getting in around 12:30ish at night. Sugar cookies FTW. Screw the double chocolate and peanut butter crap that you guys all like. :p

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
You know what's broken?

This...

2 energy cost for 30/50 damage.

A move that replaces it's high retreat cost.

The fact it's HP is so high, it's bound to have more HP remaining then it's opponent, therefore, dealing 120 damage most of the time.

This card is proof of how Nintendo doesn't know how make a card game (given the fact Wizard no longer makes cards for them).

Mr H

Smash Ace
l be in town around 9 or 10 and il be there after i get my snes from my cousin

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
You know what's broken?

This...

2 energy cost for 30/50 damage.

A move that replaces it's high retreat cost.

The fact it's HP is so high, it's bound to have more HP remaining then it's opponent, therefore, dealing 120 damage most of the time.

This card is proof of how Nintendo doesn't know how make a card game (given the fact Wizard no longer makes cards for them).
shut up *****

also team ToaStYBunZ is gonna regulate on you nancies.

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
Scheduled friendlies? I love scheduled friendlies! And if I know to show up, you know it's a big event.

Y'know, provided I don't forget or just fall asleep or something.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Anthony loves the side b to u-air to up-b pro combo with falcon <3

dud the pro combo is just fwd b to up b

if someone dud fucking fwd b to uair THEN up b that'd be like the ultra pro combo 0_o

on a side note, carl is right about maus. I haven't talked to him lately but if he's been playing XiF and co. a lot then there is a good chance that maus is like gosu now.

But let's not forget KTF MagicNs have some tricks up their sleeves

Top Bottom