• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

BunBun

Smash Master
Must.
Fight.
Urge.

To argue with Carl.

On the internet.

DK is no more low tier than Yoshi. Fact.
Haha, DK I understand, but why Yoshi?

Does geting hit (while in shield) affect the timing for fox's shine oos? I've only done it once (practicing tech with a cpu there) and it was when the cpu hit my shield when I was trying to do it. On the topic of fox, anybody have advice for getting used to his movement?
Shieldstun.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Does geting hit (while in shield) affect the timing for fox's shine oos? I've only done it once (practicing tech with a cpu there) and it was when the cpu hit my shield when I was trying to do it. On the topic of fox, anybody have advice for getting used to his movement?
It does indeed affect the timing not only for shining out-of-shield but also involving anything dealing with escaping shields, such as wavedashing and jumping out. As for your second inquiry, acclimating oneself to Fox's movement simply requires more play time with him; no other character adequately matches his combination of falling speed, move speed, overall speed, and "jerkiness," so to speak. However, I would suggest practicing on Stadium while trying to hone your movement with him in order to obtain experience in a wide variety of environments.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
If the advice is coming from anthony the answer is always infinite time... even in the bedroom.
lol u lance

But yeah, level 1 CPU on infinite time of the character of your choice (preferably one of those used most frequently in tournaments, obviously). I tend to warm up on a space animal and progress to Falcon followed by Marth to practice extended waveshines and more demanding drill-shine follow-ups.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Kirk, are you fired yet?

Good times this weekend you guys. Lance, it was good of you to drive up for the weekend. And Josh, it was pretty baller that you were able to chill with us too. And bring your crew up here to hang with us for the weekend sometime!

The tentative plan is for us to show up on the first weekend of June (prolly that Friday during the day). This will avoid our being there during George and DJ's (at least I thought you were going, DJ) trip out of town next weekend. Also, it will allow us to attend Craigy's little party. On that note, Craig, I'm expecting nothing less than for there to be little party hats and blowers at this thing. And ohhh man, I'm sooo gonna pig out too cuz I'm fat.

And well, I GUESS we can plan to have another S3BO that weekend too. >__>

Also, BOTH the Zelda games are going down next time I'm down there. Just sayin'.

Goose: Classic long islands to fuel a classic night.....
I don't know what you're talking about.

Matt your a silly guy and you beat my ness :( luigi represented though
Rofl. Ya, it looks like my Ness is gonna have to practice up on that Luigi matchup (at least, that's who I thought I used against your Luigi....I do remember that it was on Battlefield though!).

And Alan, come back to Puuurrrrrdddduuuueeee. :(

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Semester before spring 2010 was A/Bs and one C. And the one before that was all A/Bs in joke classes.
Believe it or not, but it's been awhile since I got a D, KirkQ. I'm not even on Probation atm. I wish I could come back to Indiana just to tell you to go **** yourself, but I think I've wasted enough of my parents money :(

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Those people have far too much free time and/or engineering ability to be wasting it on that.
Unless of course, there's a market for silly costumes that turn into vehicles ...
In that case they're entrepreneurial geniuses.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Btw, NOT returning to Purdue. Parents weren't too excited to hear that I have to retake half the classes I took last semester.
:( cral pinrad, this is sad news :(

but, you should totally apply to NJIT, they are cheap, fairly close by, and you can go to school with me! :laugh: they are also not a bad school, either...Also, apply as a transfer student from Purdue and they will be more likely to accept you :)

c'mon carl! let's start a crew here!

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
NJIT is stealing all our talent!

Ckit and kirk come over, then craig has to cause all the cool kids are doing it.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
POE3 is on my STAR day. :/

If you guys can make it happen, I vote the 31st for a S3BO because it's my best chance of making it to a sat tourney this month. Although I wouldn't be opposed to having them on weekdays in june/july, I might be able to make those depending on my work schedule. Or just playing, I'd actually prefer that, don't have to shell out money to play the game. Yeah, maybe when I get off work sometime, I think I'll be working at pappy's (The interview went well, she just has to check my references, make sure she can give me enough hours to justify hiring me, and make sure she can hire me if I'm accepted but not yet enrolled.) Who all is going to be around this summer?

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Darn it Carl.... =(

:( cral pinrad, this is sad news :(

but, you should totally apply to NJIT, they are cheap, fairly close by, and you can go to school with me! :laugh: they are also not a bad school, either...Also, apply as a transfer student from Purdue and they will be more likely to accept you :)

c'mon carl! let's start a crew here!
Should I transfer too? lol

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I've been playing so much magic too, and my chameleon colossus with immaculate magistrate are unstoppable.

Mr H

Smash Ace
ive been playing alot of magic also, yesterday i yag locked some noob who got there 7 colored fish trap holed >_>

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Goddamnit magic people.
I used to play the game ...
And I still only understood about every other word of what you were saying.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
Vengevine can't be good. He only costs $30. Try Jace.

Also, I bet fn craig is really looking forward to the day when he's old enough to play mtg instead of yugioh.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Vengevine can't be good. He only costs $30. Try Jace.

Also, I bet fn craig is really looking forward to the day when he's old enough to play mtg instead of yugioh.
rofl i play both, they are both fun

and goose was referring to the one time he used my elf overrun deck rofl

and jay, saku isn't chainable so it isn't as reliable if people are popping ur back row before they attack

Top Bottom