• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Kirk was represented by a level 9 computer on both teams, and then Lance and I just duked it out.
I would like to say for the record that Lance's Kirk-bot was much better than mine. =P

Anyway, sorry I johned out on the tournament and everything, but I was not in a good way yesterday.
Had to stop the car once on the way home 'cause I got motion sick from driving.
Wasn't any better later ... but I can stand to look at bright lights now that I've slept for a day.

I'm going to use this opportunity to claim that I would have kicked all yer ***** if I hadn't gotten sick.
It's not true, but I dare ya to prove it!

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
good tourny evryone
lance we had a really close challenge match I am impressed with how much better you
george glad your back
adam sorry about your job and that we didnt play yesterday
thanks for the smashfest your place anthony
we only played a little fro your sheik is getting better seems like you could practice sweet spotting a little more with your up b
Matt your a silly guy and you beat my ness :( luigi represented though

XD1337

Smash Apprentice
Sounded like a great tourney guys, wish I could have been there. I should be able to come.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Sounded like a great tourney guys, wish I could have been there. I should be able to come.
andre - i heard you are getting maaad technical glad to hear it.

DJ - i know you are improving all the time man, keep it up. watched some of ur vids, too. just relax when you are playing! i know you choked in a lot of your edgeguard situations :-P

carl - learn fox, falco is too gay 0_O

cnn - nice fox, glad you are learning new characters. Ur peach has improved as well, but still needs work though, you still have a lot of CNN moments :-D

anthony - you suck, always have. :-) <3

goose - you suck, im gonna 4 stock you next time we play :p

'fro - sorry to hear about your various medical conditions. hope all is well, and I wish you the best. don't keep that from letting you enjoy your smash! :laugh: as well as fonzing the loonzcrafter :p

draco - good **** beating goose. rep those low tiers! (even tho they are hella annoying 0_O)

crrrrrrg - crrrrrrrg...yo graduate from preschool already...when is ur graduation? should i bring cupcakes?

george - you are a george

voorhese - you are a ****in' voorhese

faithkeeper - hope u r still reppin' dat falcon 0_O and with yoshi just knee to knee to knee him :)

iggy - I haven't played HoN yet, but if LoL is the brawl of DOTA, then Im gonna stick with it kuz I already play melee, which is the melee of smash, and that's enough for me 0_O ROFL (sounded like a voorhese post)

kirkq - jooo000ooo00oo0000nz?

mausuuuu - azn pride sonnn :) asians are too cool for purdue :p jk jk, that would be odd considering like half the students there are asian :-D

yea just doin random shoutouts kuz i miss you guys...i got to hang out and smash for a bit with C-N-NNNNNNNNNNNN and cral pinrad. they told me stories about stuff which is why I wanted to post up. if i didn't give you a personal shoutout, it's nothing personal...i still miss you :p

miss u dew crew
midwest @ <3

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord

faithkeeper - hope u r still reppin' dat falcon 0_O and with yoshi just knee to knee to knee him :)

Still using falcon, yes. Among various other chars if I feel the urge. Skylar just outsmarted me, which isn't hard because I play stupid, but no credit away from him, he was using yoshi, mad props. spotdodge>dsmash shouldn't have been working like it was though. :D Be we move on, I look forward to the next S3BO, I played melee today with my brother and it was much fun.

Anybody know any place on campus that is hiring? I've got an interview with pappy's, but if that doesn't work out I need a back up plan. Thank you.

Just discovered this player, I like his use of tech skill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3CJdm5pVc8 And if you watch some of his other vids, his accent is awesome.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol, Falco is really gay. So much fun to play as, not fun at all to fight against.

Playing your CFalcon with Sheik, I noticed what Scar meant when he described the matchup. Sheik really can't approach at all. If I SH aerial, you can just run in and aerial me before mine even starts. No wonder why M2K plays so freaking gay lol.

I'm officially replacing my use of Fox for DK. DK is the only fun character in this game for both sides. He's fun to play as cause he's a low tier that can actually combo ****. AND, he's fun for the opponent cause he's a combo bag with no shield.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Anybody know any place on campus that is hiring? I've got an interview with pappy's, but if that doesn't work out I need a back up plan. Thank you.
Take the following advice at ur own risk, but I assure you that you don't need to find anyplace else. The fact that they called you in for an interview is like a 99.9% chance of being hired. They're basically just making sure that you exist and that you're able to work for them. (fyi: I used to work there)

Also, Carl, what's the default title for having 7865 posts? It better be something awesome like Apprentice Supreme Master Smash Guru of the World. I need at least one good reason to keep posting on these boards.

Mr H

Smash Ace
Yeah, It's a party in the USA -Miley Cyrus

crrrrrrg - crrrrrrrg...yo graduate from preschool already...when is ur graduation? should i bring cupcakes?
yo i dont want any cupcakes unless they are hand delivered
which also reminds me if anyone wants to know the secret location and time of my graduation party get at me on aim. i know Matt and Anthony are probably coming. i would appreciate it if some of you guys could come since its going to be in Lafayette. also Alan if ur not there im going to be disappointed
but for real you got to visit some time

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
with falcon vs yoshi just stomp him and don't chase him when he rolls. yoshi will cc most other aerials, so just stomp until they're high enough to get kneed. stomp to stomp, run away, stomp to stomp, etc. ez pz

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
I have returned (titling your posts with starcraft quotes is still cool right?)

For those of you who were wondering where I was the last few months and missed my earlier posts on the subject, I was studying abroad in China, and China has a rather uncool stance on whether you're allowed to view certain websites, apparently including Smashboards.

But that doesn't matter now. I'm back in the states, and am fervently trying to undo the damage that five months of no practice has done to my already sub-mediocre game.

So yeah, Boiler Up everyone, it's great to be back.

PS: Alan, you forgot to mention DK's incredibly broken game plan vs Falco's lasers, Sheik's needles, and Marth's that are smart enough to not let you get close to them.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
DK can grab Marth out of his aerials and Sheik's Bair... that's the key thing you're missing Alan.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Well, it's been a while since I've said anything on here! Tourney was a HUGE refresher for a man with a new lease on life! Heart disease, I claim you as a victim!

Well, time for shoutouts:

Goose: Classic long islands to fuel a classic night..... What more can I say? :D

CKit: Thanks for letting me "figure it out" as you put it. At least I might actually do something about it next time...... I hope.

Brayn: Good **** in teams! Also, you have my laundry bag in your car.

Deez NUTZ! : Alan already highlighted what I think is the main problem with your game, but that takes nothing away from the leaps you've made.

Lance: Speaking of leaps, your game has shown a LOT of progress! Keep at it!

Draco: Glad to play the spam vs. spam match-up with you again! Man, why does it always boil down to the stupidly close with us?

Josh: " Hey Josh, how did you figure that puzzle out?" " Oh, I mashed buttons and mashed the wrong thing." 'Nuff said.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Well, it's been a while since I've said anything on here! Tourney was a HUGE refresher for a man with a new lease on life! Heart disease, I claim you as a victim!

So you beat it? I'd be super pumped for you if you did. It sounds like you are making improvement at the very least, that's great!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Does geting hit (while in shield) affect the timing for fox's shine oos? I've only done it once (practicing tech with a cpu there) and it was when the cpu hit my shield when I was trying to do it. On the topic of fox, anybody have advice for getting used to his movement?

voorhese

Smash Master
Does geting hit (while in shield) affect the timing for fox's shine oos? I've only done it once (practicing tech with a cpu there) and it was when the cpu hit my shield when I was trying to do it. On the topic of fox, anybody have advice for getting used to his movement?
yes it does, and set up a technical rotation to practice motions for a little bit, then play a lvl 1 computer for awhile

Top Bottom