• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
so far it seems like:

dj car:
me
dj

crrrg car:
faith
corey
jay
lance
crrg

i know voorheese wants to go as well. might have to ride illegal wif da vooooooooooooooocheeeeeeeeeeese. voorheese is gonna win vgbootcamp

darkrain vs AustinRC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IToMFpCRhHY

:40 darkrain grabs fox out of his side b, downthrow, dropzone -> land on randall with edge canceled knee O_O

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Recording matches

Guys, I think we really need to start recording matches at SSBO. If you can watch recorded matches of yourself you can improve a lot. It allows you to find your bad habits, and then you can work on eliminating them.

--------------

This is my idea for recording(I think it should be singles only):

1. Always get GF for singles. These are the most important matches and should be enjoyable to watch.

2. Do a simple rotation of random bracket matches to make sure everyone in the crew gets recorded. This way everyone can improve and get some recognition.

---------------

What we need is:

1. Capture Card

I don't know how much these cost, but I would be willing to throw down some money, and I think other people would too. If you have one please let us know.

2. Windows laptop with recording software(Dazzle?). I don't know if you can record matches with a Mac.

I don't know much about Windows software because I mostly use linux. Somone should enlighten us on which is best or I can try and look up some info.

3. Person who will upload to youtube and do slight editing to videos.

This should be the person who owns the laptop. They will have to volunteer some of their time to upload to youtube.

----------------------------

Possible problems:

1. Uploader cannot live on campus

ResNet won't let us use enough bandwith to upload. People will get tickets. To fix this we could record a very small amount of matches, or have someone who lives off campus do it.

2. Uploader is lazy and never uploads.

We have had problems with this in the past *cough* dex *cough*.

---------------------

Honestly I would like to do this myself, but I don't have Windows, and its pretty much required for this task. So if anyone else has any ideas feel free to shout them out.

I think this is the best option for us to

1. improve group skill level
and
2. gain notoriety

while

1. using the least amount of resources(time and money haha)
2. learn more about this strange game called melee.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Lets make videos!

I like this idea. I've been wanting to figure out how to tape myself to watch myself play (to see bad habits and such) for a while now. I can probably chip in a bit. I personally don't have a laptop or a capture card, so I don't think I could help much there...

But we should definitely do this.

Mr H

Smash Ace
ive had a dazzle for about a year now, i havnt put it to much use
i would be willing to let someone have it temporary, if they could bring a laptop to record with it at SSBO

edit: my car is full now
that i know of its
me jay adam faith and lance

voorhese

Smash Master
Get Ulead software for windows. Everything else is **** and won't work with Dazzle DVC 100 =(
the 6$ cap card i bought comes with a ulead thing, theres like an infinite number of that auction to... ill try t get link

http://cgi.ebay.com/EASYCAP-DC60-US...raphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW?hash=item3358f578dd

uh its weird but this has the EXACT SAME DESCRIPTION/PICTURES as the one i bought, but different seller, and the pictures even have the seller i bought from's name on it lol

this ones a little more expensive, but decent cap card...ive had problems sometimes, but i think its computer

Jayford

Smash Lord
the 6$ cap card i bought comes with a ulead thing, theres like an infinite number of that auction to... ill try t get link

http://cgi.ebay.com/EASYCAP-DC60-US...raphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW?hash=item3358f578dd

uh its weird but this has the EXACT SAME DESCRIPTION/PICTURES as the one i bought, but different seller, and the pictures even have the seller i bought from's name on it lol

this ones a little more expensive, but decent cap card...ive had problems sometimes, but i think its computer
I'll buy one of those cap cards if it covers my entry fees for 1 ssbo. I'll also upload vids and what not.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
you dont even know, when jay learns how to jab reset > rest like i showed him, then imma thunders on fox, then follow up with a double shine, then hes gonna jab reset rest them....
Voorheese, I don't even know what the F you're saying.

Also, the attendance that you and the Voorheese children added up to was decent last week, but there had better be more of you guys next time! For example, only 1/2 of the acceptable amount of limitzes showed up. Don't let us down, Voorheese!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Also, the attendance that you and the Voorheese children added up to was decent last week, but there had better be more of you guys next time! For example, only 1/2 of the acceptable amount of limitzes showed up. Don't let us down, Voorheese!
On that note, I may well be able to persuade up to 4 friends to come to the next ssbo. (13th) Most are good casual players, but one beats me the majority of the time because he plays smarter than I do.

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
Idk if the spot was taken but I need a roommate I can talk with next year!!!!!

NW Cary Quad rm 105

Just don't touch my **** or play with the A/C too much. Oh! And don't snore! I know the last one seems like I'm kidding but I'm not. My last two roommates snored... a lot. Like I had to them the **** up so i can go to sleep a lot. Call or text me

BunBun

Smash Master
Voorheese, I don't even know what the F you're saying.

Pedophile

Idk if the spot was taken but I need a roommate I can talk with next year!!!!!

NW Cary Quad rm 105

Just don't touch my **** or play with the A/C too much. Oh! And don't snore! I know the last one seems like I'm kidding but I'm not. My last two roommates snored... a lot. Like I had to them the **** up so i can go to sleep a lot. Call or text me
RRRRAGE

I wanna room with Josh T-T

BunBun

Smash Master
Jay's car mindgames are top tier.

It's midnight. We're on the way to Jay's house from somewhere. The interstate is blocked from some sort of construction.

A"Let's go this way"
J"K"
A"Oh **** Jay this is Gary."
Jay proceeds to white-knuckle the wheel.
A"Dude we're two white boys in a car with gamecube controllers in Gary IN at midnight."

This was also when Jay was still night-blind -_-;

His driving is much better now that he got that fixed xD
We've had some good times, eh?

Jayford

Smash Lord
Wait Jay are we going to smashing grounds?? Its the same day as SSBO.
I just found out I have 3 exams the weekend after smashing grounds, so I might end up staying and ssboing it up. But, I'll know for sure in the next couple of days.

Also, more mind games. I've been a Kirby main for 3 years. I just never told you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icYydPEGDls

BunBun

Smash Master
Faithkeeper, MM my Kirby next time I see you =3

Also, figured out that Kirby has a moderately un-bad matchup vs Samus. It's not good, but it's not LOLSAMUSRAPEKIRBY either.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Top Bottom