• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I like how it became -my- ninja TV setup ... all because I was too lazy to take it out of mah car.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Brayian's whole coffee thing.
LOLOL

I think Bryaian needs a drink.

We can always kickback and have a few Long Islands. :p

anyone got any good GCN games?? me and bill just beat re4 and we're looking for something else. i do have wind waker but last time i played that game i didnt like it, which is weird cuz i love zelda games. too much sailing?

but yeah let me borrow your games. plz no boring old rpgs. if aint FFX or Kingdom Hearts it sucks!!!
I've got Paper Mario and Tales of Symphonia which are legit. They are both RPG's (it's me, so of course), but they aren't "boring old rpgs" IMO.

and im not gonna make a sandwich while im playing a game! thats just plain silly.
ROFL, a while back Braiayan and I were fighting Emerald Weapon in Final Fantasy 7, and with our strategy of using W-Summon in conjunction with Knights of the Round and then having the other characters using Mime, the game ended up with literally like a 13 minute "cutscene", so we ended up going downstairs to make breakfast while it was happening. Anyway, if anyone even followed what I was saying, then good for you.

wtf? a poem? what type of torture is this?!
I <3 Josh

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
anyone got any good GCN games?? me and bill just beat re4 and we're looking for something else. i do have wind waker but last time i played that game i didnt like it, which is weird cuz i love zelda games. too much sailing?

but yeah let me borrow your games. plz no boring old rpgs. if aint FFX or Kingdom Hearts it sucks!!!
I have Geist and Paper Mario that you can borrow sometime.
Both are passable, I suppose. Geist was kind of weird though ...

-_-

Replying to posts in chronological order is for squares.

Also. Now that I remember I have Paper Mario, I might as well go finish it sometime.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
GC games I don't think were mentioned:

Mario Kart: Double Dash.

(if you like Zelda) Twilight Princess

I also enjoyed the lego star wars games because they are so easy to be goofy with. I'd guess they are best played with a friend though, that's how I did it.

Baulder's Gate is a good, albeit short (6 hours ish) dungeon-raiding rpg. real time. I liked it, but you don't seem too into those.

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
=O you have TP for the gcn and not the wii?! for shame mr faithkeeper for... SHAME! *shakes head in disapproval* That game is super fun on the wii but the cave of ordeals tires your arms out o.o

'Fro

Smash Lord
As an early heads-up, I will not be able to fully attend SSBO on Feb. 13th. Our club is organizing a potluck on that day to celebrate the Chinese New Year/Valentine's Day.

Crrg, in response to your teams request, I'll do it, but if teams runs overtime, then I might have to jet. I might need to be at the potluck venue as early as 4:30.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman

No RPG's, eh? I recommend Spyro, Ikaruga, Viewtiful Joe, Custom Robo, Mario Party 5, or Metroid Prime.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
lol custom robo is sitting on my floor, my friend brought it over. spyro is legit, me and my sister played all those games for ps1/2 back in the day.

tp is awesome because its a really long game, i dont like calling it easy because really all games made now and for the last 15-20 years are easy

exception: hardcore nerd games like ikaruga

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
twilight princess; way 2 easy.

still fun though xD
Truth.

Beat that game.

That was an...odd game.
Custom robo was only fun with a bunch of friends and everything already unlocked.
The single-player was kind of like robo-pokemon with a realtime battle system.
Except, there's only one pokemon and he can only really know two moves at a time.

Also, -BRETT- WTF ... avatar ...

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
yeah, that's not what you said.
Actually ... it is ... You even left the context in there, and you're misquoting it.
He's saying that excluding someone is gay. Not the illicit substances themselves.

And I tend to agree with the point. For all the fact that I'll be mellow about everything else.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Actually ... it is ... You even left the context in there, and you're misquoting it.
He's saying that excluding someone is gay. Not the illicit substances themselves.

And I tend to agree with the point. For all the fact that I'll be mellow about everything else.
you're right. My mistake. However, his point could have been stated more elegantly.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
ok wow im not excluding anyone. Corey is excluding himself, and thats fine. It is his choice.

Furthermore, the whole argument is stupid. If the illegal substances are in the apartment, it doesn't matter if they are being used or not. So asking me to not indulge so Corey can come over makes no sense; hes still in the presence of something he doesn't wanna be around.

Even more so, its dumb because this activity was occurring at the frat during last SSBO, but Corey was there anyways. So he's already been around it.

I am just stating my opinion publicly so everyone can know and there is no confusion. If you want to continue this discussion please PM me and/or each other. Not here please.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
F ya it's linear!, and they also 86'ed the subpar "active dimension battle" that was used in 12, and many of today's modern westernized RPG's. They are taking a decent step back and going partly back to their roots, son!

Any other approaches at unintentionally raising hype for this game? cuz you're doing a darn good job of it. :p

BunBun

Smash Master
F ya it's linear!, and they also 86'ed the subpar "active dimension battle" that was used in 12, and many of today's modern westernized RPG's. They are taking a decent step back and going partly back to their roots, son!

Any other approaches at unintentionally raising hype for this game? cuz you're doing a darn good job of it. :p
I don't mean linear like "There is only one way to play through the game", I mean linear like "Lol we're on a set track, there is no deviation at all, there is no exploring at all, you fight when I tell you to fight, there are 8 usable items, there is no 'go do a sidequest', there is nothing but Fight a battle with little to no customization, watch a cutscene, immediately fight another battle, watch another cutscene." Your health gets replenished after each fight so you can go into the next fight immediately and fresh.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
When did the world suddenly decide that if something was linear it wasn't any fun ...?
Seriously ... half the reviews I see today are people b*tch*ng a game's not a sandbox.

Kinda makes me happy to see a major developer take a thoroughly plotted route.

At the same time ... there has to actually be a decent story, or that route is just ... lazy.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to john out of vgbootcamp. :/ I can't put out $40+ I know I won't get back with my current financial situation. I blame the goofy $20 venue fee. If it were just 40, and the smashers were getting more of it, I might go for it, but not with the company just making money hand over fist like that.... Sorry. I guess one man's loss is another's gain, voorhese can have my spot in the car. Sorry to john out like this, SMYM 11 is a lot more reasonable, especially if I can bring a TV. I'd like to go if we send a crew up there. until then, I'll just have to stick with ssbos. Thanks for understanding.

have a good weekend, practice your kirby matchup.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I don't mean linear like "There is only one way to play through the game", I mean linear like "Lol we're on a set track, there is no deviation at all, there is no exploring at all, you fight when I tell you to fight, there are 8 usable items, there is no 'go do a sidequest', there is nothing but Fight a battle with little to no customization, watch a cutscene, immediately fight another battle, watch another cutscene." Your health gets replenished after each fight so you can go into the next fight immediately and fresh.
Everything you said (except for the "there is no 'go do a sidequest'" [fortunately for me, you are wrong about that since there are indeed sidequests/optional missions]) are prereqs for having an epic RPG in my opinion.

You need to be like a spokesperson for SquareEnix or something cuz I am even MORE pumped now for this game! HHHYYYPPPEEE!!!

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
I like movies and if ffvii ever comes out on vc i'll buy it to see what all the hype is about. oh and skylar my floor (cary NW1) is having a call of duty modern warfare shindig i believe so you might want to check it out.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Sorry, If I wanted to watch a movie, I'd watch a movie. I want games to give me some sort of control over what goes on.
you act like combining the two wouldn't make for even more epicness. If a game like resident evil had more movies, I'd be relieved not to have to be scared for the duration of the cinematic scene LOL

on a different note, I finally got some more stuffs recorded =) check it out if you want to

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9494017#post9494017

Mr H

Smash Ace
im sorry,
all im hearing is i like games that lack quality and i prefer games where the main character is pink and cute like kirby

BunBun

Smash Master
im sorry,
all im hearing is i like games that lack quality and i prefer games where the main character is pink and cute like kirby
There's no doubt that I enjoy Kirby games.

I just don't see how people are calling FFXIII a game. It's more like an interactive movie. That's fine, but don't advertise it as a game. If, at 70% of the way through the game, everyone has virtually the exact same party setup, the exact same items, and do the battles in the exact same way, then there is either one extremely broken strategy or the game gives you absolutely no options to change anything.

Whatever. If not wanting to play through a game with no gameplay makes me like games that lack quality, Craig Logic™ is too unusual for me to follow along. I enjoy the hell out of VN's, but they're not games either. They're interactive novels. Same idea, but they don't try to sell themselves as 'games'.

@Alan: RE4 was tight. Games can be combined with movies for great epicness, as long as they still have the features of both a game and a movie.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Sorry, If I wanted to watch a movie, I'd watch a movie. I want games to give me some sort of control over what goes on.
Ahhh, the classic "if I wanna watch a movie, I'd watch a movie" approach that so many people who don't really have a sound argument use. I love it. :p

If a game like resident evil had more movies, I'd be relieved not to have to be scared for the duration of the cinematic scene LOL
RRROOOFFFLLL, so true.

Top Bottom