• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

voorhese

Smash Master
so who all is going with you now dj? because if george isnt all ready going, and wants the extra seat i will give it to him, other than that i want to go to this

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
voorheese i am going, did you even read DJs post? wow ur such a noob learn 2 read. dj said its me, him, shotty, and 2 spaces if other ppl wanna go. im pretty sure you do this on purpose.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
u can have the last spot voorhese but as the post said I will be doing illicit substances with out regard to who is in my car. KSO GEORGE and that one kid nuonn are all down. do you still want the spot? I agree with george I think you do it on purpose, especially since you asked here instead of pm ing me fortunatly for you I havent done anything for two days so I have been on the boards

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
I am looking forward to see you guys in GA in March 5~7.
March 7th is my 21st. =)

i will hate you all till i die if you guys don't show up.
Maus I met u like less than once when you came down for than JAB ( you 4 stocked me :( ) Ill come ha

voorhese

Smash Master
u can have the last spot voorhese but as the post said I will be doing illicit substances with out regard to who is in my car. KSO GEORGE and that one kid nuonn are all down. do you still want the spot? I agree with george I think you do it on purpose, especially since you asked here instead of pm ing me fortunatly for you I havent done anything for two days so I have been on the boards
well i went to SMYM10 with basicly the same crew and i didnt mind your uh yah, i juts did not join in

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
well i went to SMYM10 with basicly the same crew and i didnt mind your uh yah, i juts did not join in
Aye but we also didnt smoke in the car it may be unavoidable this time, do u have a way down here/ can u stay after the tourny. We may be going to the after party at BigC's

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Maus I met u like less than once when you came down for than JAB ( you 4 stocked me :( ) Ill come ha
oh, did I ??
i don't remember .. >_>

i am really bad at smash bros now, so.. don't worry about getting 4 stocked. haha
i heard you improved a lot.

maybe i will have to practice up for your coming. haha

Blowing smoke in people's faces is the best way to tell them you're tough.
If my friends didn't stop me, I would have punched a guy, who did that to me, in his mouth.

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Note: I just saw that Maus has the article on the end of his message after typing this up, but I'm posting anyway.

Hey guys,

A few days ago, nes n00b was involved in a car accident. Tragically, he was struck on the highway by a pickup driving north in the southbound lane. He's no longer with us.

Here's the story: http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=11571890

I only tangentially knew him, but I thought some of you guys may have been friends. It really gets to me that I saw him a few weeks ago at JAB, and now he's gone. Life's fragile. His dad died last year, so I can't imagine what his mom must be going through right now. Please send condolences if you can.

Rest in peace.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Note: I just saw that Maus has the article on the end of his message after typing this up, but I'm posting anyway.

Hey guys,

A few days ago, nes n00b was involved in a car accident. Tragically, he was struck on the highway by a pickup driving north in the southbound lane. He's no longer with us.

Here's the story: http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=11571890

I only tangentially knew him, but I thought some of you guys may have been friends. It really gets to me that I saw him a few weeks ago at JAB, and now he's gone. Life's fragile. His dad died last year, so I can't imagine what his mom must be going through right now. Please send condolences if you can.

Rest in peace.

This is horrible. I hung out with him at pretty much every tourney he went too. RIP Ryan =/

I propose that we make the next SSBO a charity one in memory of Ryan and that we donate all of the money to his mom to help pay for funeral costs.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Life should not be taken for granted and we must enjoy every day of it.

We will have a moment of silence for Ryan Roberts, nes n00b, at this weekend's SSBO.

R.I.P. Ryan. You were the nicest person and one of the best smash players I'd ever met. I will always remember you.

'Fro

Smash Lord
The respect being paid to Ryan's life is a testament to the kind of person he was. I support Jayford's idea of a charity tournament. It's a true shame that this happened as he was finding his peak in Melee. I still can't find the right words to describe how this hit me. RIP Ryan.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO XXXVI: NES n00b Memorial Edition

The last SSBO of the semester will be dedicated to the memory of Ryan. I know that most of the crew have at least met with or interacted with him to at least some degree, myself included; as such, this will be a particularly meaningful event for us. Before beginning SSBO XXXVI: NES n00b Edition, we will hold a moment of silence in Ryan's memory.

As well, we will most certainly make this event a charity donation to Ryan's mother. Participants are encouraged to give as much as is feasible for them, and I too will donate my share.

Note as well that we will be beginning at noon, as per the majority of posters' requests.

Jayford

Smash Lord
The last SSBO of the semester will be dedicated to the memory of Ryan. I know that most of the crew have at least met with or interacted with him to at least some degree, myself included; as such, this will be a particularly meaningful event for us. Before beginning SSBO XXXVI: NES n00b Edition, we will hold a moment of silence in Ryan's memory.

As well, we will most certainly make this event a charity donation to Ryan's mother. Participants are encouraged to give as much as is feasible for them, and I too will donate my share.

Note as well that we will be beginning at noon, as per the majority of posters' requests.

This sounds really good. I know I will donate some extra money to the cause.

Also, does anyone want to play some smash tonight? My morning class got canceled and I could go for some smash.

soap

Smash Hero

Oh my god.

i saw a rip nes noob avatar and thought there was some kind of joke.

what happened, may I ask?

only met him once at smym, and we stayed up all night playing the night before at TJ's. he was a great kid, great attitude towards the game, and really nice guy.

wtf. I've never had a friend or an aquaintance my age die. this is admittedly weird.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Oh my god.

i saw a rip nes noob avatar and thought there was some kind of joke.

what happened, may I ask?

only met him once at smym, and we stayed up all night playing the night before at TJ's. he was a great kid, great attitude towards the game, and really nice guy.

wtf. I've never had a friend or an aquaintance my age die. this is admittedly weird.

Car accident =/

Here is a link to the story http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=11571890

Mr H

Smash Ace
he was a great person, when i met him at smym he was incredibly nice and one of the friendliest persons ive met while playing smash. my heart goes out to his family and his close friends

i havnt played smash in awhile but i plan on being there this friday
anyone want to team?

soap

Smash Hero
i will certainly be more attentive on the road ( not that ryan wasn't)

what happened to ryan scares the **** outta me actually. Im sure he was just driving normally too.

I have alot of bad driving habits that i will correct immediately. (texting, ipod, food, driving with knees)

i'll try to come out this weekend. im hella rusty, but i feel like seeing some familiar faces and playing

DracoFox

Smash Ace
If anyone can dish out some extra money to the donation for me, I will get them back. Reason being is that I will not be there for the tournament. I never meet the guy, but this is excatly what happened to a very good friend of mine that died 3 years ago, and it really ****ing sucks.

So, for whomever can dish out $10 for my donation, that would be nice. I will be in town next week for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I only met Ryan once, but he was very nice and very positive about everything. He will be missed. The fact that life can be taken away that fast, is very frightening and definitely gives me a different perspective about how to live.

Ill be there saturday and i was wondering if anyone wanted to team?

_kSo_

Smash Master
I am putting together an Nes n00b combo video in his honor. If anybody who watches smash videos in his/her spare time would like to help out, please send me youtube links and times for some of his greatest moments. I want this video to really show how great of a smasher he was.

Thanks to all.

Ryan, I can't tell you how much you will be missed...

Jayford

Smash Lord
Maybe we could get one of the activity rooms this weekend. Sense it would be a charity event we wouldn't have to deal with the whole pay money to enter thing. And maybe this would get more people to stop by and more donations.

Mr H

Smash Ace
maybe We Could Get One Of The Activity Rooms This Weekend. Sense It Would Be A Charity Event We Wouldn't Have To Deal With The Whole Pay Money To Enter Thing. And Maybe This Would Get More People To Stop By And More Donations.
. ^

_kSo_

Smash Master
Maybe we could get one of the activity rooms this weekend. Sense it would be a charity event we wouldn't have to deal with the whole pay money to enter thing. And maybe this would get more people to stop by and more donations.
Agreed. Anthony, would you be able to get in touch with Kevin to see if he could assist us with this matter?

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom