• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Mr H

Smash Ace
I don't really wanna do an all Falcon tourney for the main tournament. I think we should do a side falcon only tournament. That is single elimination and starts right from brackets. That way we can finish it in like 45min :D.
ya it will be fun it wouldn't take long if it was single elimination

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
Falcon can lick deeznutz

George and voorhese on the hammond tourny I am not planning on going down the night before fabians band is opening for orchard lounge at the muse its going to be sick nasty. On that note We will need to leave some what early saturday, voorhese are you coming down from johnacello

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Also, it seems this was your 1000th post.
Heh, those were my intentions. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to post for a while, but the more I thought about it, an "f'n Voorheese" moment is so frequent anymore these days, lol.

yeah fro and goose have to play sheik cuz their other characters cant beat the others sheik...u guys need to step it up and not go dumb sheik dittos, just man up and play your main, who cares if you lose!!

i know this doesn't follow the play 2 win philosophy, but i also think you guys would improve more if you both didn't have to resort to sheik. i think you are trading long term growth for short term(winning the tournament).

Goose was the first one to start going sheik. He was tired of the patience required in marth v samus, and just started going sheik against fro in grand finals. fro got beat alot this way, and eventually got his sheik up to the point where it can take matts sheik, and now we have all sheik grand finals.

You guys aren't doing anything wrong, I just think it would be nice to see marth/samus in GF, instead of sheik/sheik. just my 2 cents on the issue.
I could comment on this...but I'm not going to.

Reading this totally pissed the **** out of me. If ANY of you drive drunk and I find out about it, I will personally kick your ***. No joke.

voorhese

Smash Master
Falcon can lick deeznutz

George and voorhese on the hammond tourny I am not planning on going down the night before fabians band is opening for orchard lounge at the muse its going to be sick nasty. On that note We will need to leave some what early saturday, voorhese are you coming down from johnacello
most likely ( i will come ), i will have to get a ride for that one, but im sure i can get a ride to this one giving the circumstances

edit: i agree w/ goose all day falcon dittos is kinda boring, so maybe falcon pools?

edit: on a related note, i just found out if you tech chase with falcon (nair where only first or only 2nd hit hits) its like a tech chase jab reset

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
1. I could comment on this...but I'm not going to.

2. Reading this totally pissed the **** out of me. If ANY of you drive drunk and I find out about it, I will personally kick your ***. No joke.
1. Yeah. We know our own story. For the record, Goose CAN take my Samus with his Marth. He's proven it before. I've only ever won a single set in that match-up, and Goose didn't play his best that day. As for Sheik, Goose is picking the right strategy: Picking the match-up with the best odds of him winning, as well as the match-up his opponent is actively trying to avoid.

2. Seconded.

-'Fro from Frosune's computer

goosefactor

Smash Lord
matt send me a pm, im interested :D
Oh poonz?

1. Yeah. We know our own story. For the record, Goose CAN take my Samus with his Marth. He's proven it before. I've only ever won a single set in that match-up, and Goose didn't play his best that day. As for Sheik, Goose is picking the right strategy: Picking the match-up with the best odds of him winning, as well as the match-up his opponent is actively trying to avoid.

2. Seconded.

Heh, I was constantly scrolling down as I was reading this and I thought it was Anthony, and I was like "wait wut? I can take out your WHO now with my Marth!?"

Also, I was randomly watching some Smash 64 vids for some odd raisin only to realize that Isai is like really good at that game. 0_o

Also, I was looking through a literature book at school today, and there was a chapter in a story titled "Maus". I wanted to take a pic with my phone, but it was in the middle of class.:ohwell:

Also, I need a partner for this.

Also, who can/will take this kind little bird in for the weekend?

voorhese

Smash Master
Oh poonz?

Heh, I was constantly scrolling down as I was reading this and I thought it was Anthony, and I was like "wait wut? I can take out your WHO now with my Marth!?"

Also, I was randomly watching some Smash 64 vids for some odd raisin only to realize that Isai is like really good at that game. 0_o

Also, I was looking through a literature book at school today, and there was a chapter in a story titled "Maus". I wanted to take a pic with my phone, but it was in the middle of class.:ohwell:

team w/ me goose

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Heh, dude, I just told Anthony how I should've been in bed like 4 hours ago, but I only have two days left, so I can give a rat's *** what time it is.

Also, Voorheese, I just read your post. Sorry, I have a tendency to just bypass many of yours. :p Um, well, I guess we can. It's just that we did not too long ago. I'd like to team with someone that I never have *cough* Jayford and Zifer *cough* or at least someone that I haven't in a long time.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
I could comment on this...but I'm not going to.

Reading this totally pissed the **** out of me. If ANY of you drive drunk and I find out about it, I will personally kick your ***. No joke.
1. I know what you got. ;_;
I couldn't beat you at all.

2. I will drive drunk in korea, and see if you will come to korea to kick my *** or not.

2. Seconded.

until I read the very last sentence, i thought
'since when did anthony play samus? I do not recall'

mindgames.

Oh poonz?

You should have taken picture no matter what the situation was.
Freaking Noobsauce grilled chiptune choobster.

and...
4 Alsos.
you need to vary your words.
Also, Moreover, Furthermore, And, etc.
I thought you were a teacher, and speaks English WAY better than I do.

Also, If you can pick me up, i will team with you.

XD1337

Smash Apprentice
I have a six page paper due tommorow that I havent started as well as a test. :'( cries

goosefactor

Smash Lord
LOL @ Maus' post.

Fro, would you stop being such a nub, and get 1K posts already? Seriously now.

voorhese

Smash Master

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
how big is this turnout looking?

me and tomacawk are probably coming

_kSo_

Smash Master
kool, ill prolly have u come on a day where a lot of my friends could to, so we could have a smashfest

edit: if anyone is into neuroscience you need to see this http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...4YS970LpOorQLxvaHcBQ&q=robot+with+biological+brain&view=3#
Am I the only one who noticed this and laft hysterically??

how big is this turnout looking?

me and tomacawk are probably coming
There are usually 6-8 teams for doubles and usually around 15 for singles (20 on a good day). We think more people are going to try to make this to give condolences to NES n00b. We have decided that all entry fee for the tournament is being donated to Ryan's mother to help her with this terrible time.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
tomacawk texted me that him and ripple are coming for sure, hype!!

ripple we gotta MM, i was impressed after you whooped lukes *** so hard at springfield.

Everyone better come to this, last SSBO of the semester and its for Ryan's memory. I hope we get a kirkq appearance, iggy and carl would be nice as well XD.

HOLY **** LOOK AT THIS VIDEO I FOUND OF VOORHESE!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMdWqaN_Tms

HOLY **** THIS ONE TOO!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEtP9zQAOI4&feature=related

i just died of laughing

edit: wait i think its a girl in those videos

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Lol, George, that girl (?) in the vid kinda looked like Voorheese when he had long hair. :p

Soap, are you still planning on coming to this?

Also, I still need a place to stay, you cobs.

*EDIT*

Oh wow, I just saw that George already commented the shemale Voorheese. My bad.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
george what the ****
I don't think that looks like vorheese at all, that looks like a ******** little girl who will never be able to live down that video from her classmates
also yeah I'm coming to this, me and ripple are winning teams
people I want to play a lot:
alan
george
goose (rematches son and no sandbaggin' this time let's use our mains)
voorheese (I'll give you tips while we play this time since that's what you want)
fro (I have to prove I can beat you I'm still salty about not getting out of that pool of death at jab2)
jayford
ckit(i didn't get to play you at jab2 so I'm playing you now no matter what, don't let the locals hog all the seriouslies)
iggy smalls
does purdue have a recording set up? I want recorded matches with my burnmates and maybe super technical fox dittos with voorheese
people I'm beating with ness:
alan
george

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
2. I will drive drunk in korea, and see if you will come to korea to kick my *** or not.
I will be in China next semester, and that's close enough to Korea that I will come and kick your *** on fro and goose's behalf.

Jayford

Smash Lord
george what the ****
I don't think that looks like vorheese at all, that looks like a ******** little girl who will never be able to live down that video from her classmates
also yeah I'm coming to this, me and ripple are winning teams
people I want to play a lot:
alan
george
voorheese (I'll give you tips while we play this time since that's what you want)
fro (I have to prove I can beat you I'm still salty about not getting out of that pool of death at jab2)
jayford
ckit(i didn't get to play you at jab2 so I'm playing you now no matter what, don't let the locals hog all the seriouslies)
iggy smalls
does purdue have a recording set up? I want recorded matches with my burnmates and maybe super technical fox dittos with voorheese
people I'm beating with ness:
alan
george
Lmao are pool was so bad. Its like lets put 3 people with pretty even skill and make them fight for the bottom spot

Also, group projects are awful. I am the only one in my group that knows SQL lololololololol.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Heh, sounds good. I look forward to it.

oh yah, just to let you guys know, im bringing the ganon back and hes does some pretty sick stuff now
Ohh man! Truth be told, Voorheese, I feared your Ganon more than your Fox. Just don't like hit me with fairs and/or dairs during teamzies cause those can hurt.

I will be in China next semester, and that's close enough to Korea that I will come and kick your *** on fro and goose's behalf.
First off, wtf are you going to be doing over there? Secondly, give Maus an extra kick or two on my behalf.

0:09 reminded me of DJ.

voorhese

Smash Master
Heh, sounds good. I look forward to it.

Ohh man! Truth be told, Voorheese, I feared your Ganon more than your Fox. Just don't like hit me with fairs and/or dairs during teamzies cause those can hurt.

First off, wtf are you going to be doing over there? Secondly, give Maus an extra kick or two on my behalf.

0:09 reminded me of DJ.
i play puff/ peach/ sheik in teams more than fox/ganon anyway

Top Bottom