• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
If anyone can dish out some extra money to the donation for me, I will get them back. Reason being is that I will not be there for the tournament. I never meet the guy, but this is excatly what happened to a very good friend of mine that died 3 years ago, and it really ****ing sucks.
I can cover ya on that front, Adam.

The whole thing's a d*mn shame, really.
It couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Alan, you think you can make use of this song?

It was requested in the "In the memory of n00b" thread and the lyrics seem fitting.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I think that's a good song to use. Its lyrics are appropriate, and it's good combo vid music.

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
you know i've been reading all of your posts and i've been trying to come up with something to say. its weird how life is sometimes. its unpredictable. and something that we often take for granted. we are not gauranteed tomorrow. it is easy for us to get caught up in silly things like school work whatever sometimes we forget to live ya know? this is all we have. one chance to make something happen, to make a difference. it is quite evident that throughout the smash community Ryan had an impact. look at the response to his passing. He obviously meant a lot to so many people and can only make me imagine of how awesome of a person he was. A mother or any parent for that matter shouldn't have to bury their child, but i'm sure that his mother would be proud of her son. To have such an impact on so many people. I pray for Ryan's family and all of you who knew him on a more personal level than I.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
who wants to do teams with me at this shindig

Also, everyone better be at this tournament!! All you people who wanna be on the power rankings, heres your chance. Its the last SSBO of the semester and it will be nice to relax and play some smash before dead week and teh studying begins. Just bring a couple bucks to donate for Ryan and you are good to go.

also heres what we can do with the money

"I want to say how much I appreciate that Ryan had such good friends that cared about him and saw the kind, gentle, loving spirit that I saw in him.

If anyone is interested they can make a contribution to a scholarship fund in memory of Ryan Roberts to the University of Mississippi Foundation. If they send a check, they need to put "In Memory of Ryan Roberts" in the memo section of the check. (bottom left). Or if you want to give online, you can do so by logging onto the U.M. Foundation.com and click the link that says "Make a Gift" and in the comment section put "In Memory of Ryan Roberts." so it will go into his fund and not just a general fund.

Thank you very much for your willingness in holding this tournament in honor of my son and helping fund this scholarship program."

- from the memorial thread, from someone who talked to his mom

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Hey, I was thinking about coming down to Lafayette today. If anyone would like me to come, call my cell 765-409-5929. If not, I'll just stay here in Bloomington till I come next week on Tuesday.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Okay, so I am on my way to Lafayette. Me and Hippy are going to be playing smash. Give one of us a call if you're interested. Only issue that I'll state right now is that we will need a different place to play at if someone else wants to join. Till then, I will drive safely.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
I have been off the boards a couple days as I am back to my normal day to day schedule. It is really sad to hear of Ryan's death he was always so funny and nice. He will be missed. Brayn Id love to team if your still down. Maybe we can get some practice today whoop *** on draco and hippy

_kSo_

Smash Master
who wants to do teams with me at this shindig
I, too, need a counterpart in order to participate in the doubles portion of this so-called "shindig."

also heres what we can do with the money

"I want to say how much I appreciate that Ryan had such good friends that cared about him and saw the kind, gentle, loving spirit that I saw in him.

If anyone is interested they can make a contribution to a scholarship fund in memory of Ryan Roberts to the University of Mississippi Foundation. If they send a check, they need to put "In Memory of Ryan Roberts" in the memo section of the check. (bottom left). Or if you want to give online, you can do so by logging onto the U.M. Foundation.com and click the link that says "Make a Gift" and in the comment section put "In Memory of Ryan Roberts." so it will go into his fund and not just a general fund.

Thank you very much for your willingness in holding this tournament in honor of my son and helping fund this scholarship program."

- from the memorial thread, from someone who talked to his mom
I said this when I first heard about everyone being so supportive...It's very touching to see that he had such amazing friends...

XD1337

Smash Apprentice
..........................................................rip Nes Noob.........................................................

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I think Japn and Cinnamon should partner up. That team would be so baller.

Also, I kinda like the idea of all Falcons. I think it'll be a nice change from how the tournies usually end up. I just dunno about having nonstop Falcon dittos.:ohwell:

Jayford

Smash Lord
Also, I kinda like the idea of all Falcons. I think it'll be a nice change from how the tournies usually end up. I just dunno about having nonstop Falcon dittos.:ohwell:

I don't really wanna do an all Falcon tourney for the main tournament. I think we should do a side falcon only tournament. That is single elimination and starts right from brackets. That way we can finish it in like 45min :D.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I think Japn and Cinnamon should partner up. That team would be so baller.

If you would rather do our amazing Sheik dittos again, just say so.

I wouldn't mind doing an all Falcon tourney, quite honestly. This is a one-off event, so why not?

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
yeah fro and goose have to play sheik cuz their other characters cant beat the others sheik...u guys need to step it up and not go dumb sheik dittos, just man up and play your main, who cares if you lose!!

i know this doesn't follow the play 2 win philosophy, but i also think you guys would improve more if you both didn't have to resort to sheik. i think you are trading long term growth for short term(winning the tournament).

Goose was the first one to start going sheik. He was tired of the patience required in marth v samus, and just started going sheik against fro in grand finals. fro got beat alot this way, and eventually got his sheik up to the point where it can take matts sheik, and now we have all sheik grand finals.

You guys aren't doing anything wrong, I just think it would be nice to see marth/samus in GF, instead of sheik/sheik. just my 2 cents on the issue.

also it would be nice if kirkq or iggy would show up for singles and whoop our *****

also, nes noob did die because of a drunk driver

http://www.sunherald.com/278/story/1781848.html?storylink=omni_popular

Top Bottom