• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master

Because I will be returning to Asia for a few weeks, the next S3BO will not be for a while. Right now, we are looking at Saturday, July 25th @ 2pm, same venue.

This is not set in stone, but it is 80% certain so far.

LOL climber destination

trail is silly.
o johns, why cant we have an s3bo without you. im coming down july 8th son. we are doing one that weekend, the 11th.

_kSo_

Smash Master
o johns, why cant we have an s3bo without you. im coming down july 8th son. we are doing one that weekend, the 11th.

no johns george I'm a TO for this shiznat. god you are full of johns.

but if you want to host one, you can. i'm not stopping you. I'm just scheduling the next official one for the 25th.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
congrats east coast taking top 3. unfortunately bombsoldier was plagued by several thousand bees while he was playing drephen and forward since he had honey on his shirt so he ended up 17th. the japanese are still way better than americans.

for people complaining about the venue suck it up. look at bombsoldier and disc they probably play with gamecubes plugged into trees in japan. no ammonia johns who knows what chemicals japanese players have to deal with.

also i have decided to alter the way the tournament pays out slightly. it will now pay out like this:

1st : 5%
2nd: 3%
3rd: 2%
4th: 95%
i think this is the fairest for everyone.

in other news everyone who attended now owes me $500, which will be charged automatically to your credit cards. also if you want me to put a match that has you in it on the DVD, that's $50 per match ($75 if it was best of 5). the DVD will be released in a month for $50, but you might not get it. if you want to guarantee getting a DVD it will be $100. pretty fair prices imo.

i hope everyone had fun this tournament. i know i did because i made a ton of money.

hmm well there is a logical explanation for all of this, its ur fault really. ok here goes. people say 280 players times 75 dollars is 21 thousand dollars. this is obviously wrong. it seems pretty clear to me that it only adds up to only 10 thousand dollars. if u have any questions ur stupid. ok so on to the next thing.

people say the prizes went like this: Singles
First place: Pc Chris: $1200
Second place: M2K: $600
Third place:Chu: $300

well this is obviously false as well. we can ask pc, he obtained 2000 dollars, but 800 of that went into his hospital bills (as a will explain later). also ken won most of the prie money even though he was in 4th. i think this is best for eVeryone including ken. remember ken had to pay bombsoldier's bills with his credit card. he is in debt now.

now they say the pound 2 venue was 900 dollars a day. the obviously didnt see the bill. it was actually over 9000 dollars a day. this is a blatant lie. also, we had to repair the damage the bees did. (which will be explain later).

our food was the best food around. the pizza was enclosed in dominos pizza boxes, but it was actually rare zimbabwean pizza. it is illegal in the us so we had to smuggle it in. so food cost at least 5000 dollars. if u donated maybe mana could have brought food from his farm. have i mentioned he lives on a farm. although with the bees eating his farm now he will be poorer, so we will need donations. also, dvd prices will be raised to 500 dollars to compensate for the bee damage. (more about that later).

bombsoldier's plane tickets were expensive. at least 6000 dollars. because he hired body guards for him and a private jet. so it was more expensive. also, we had to pay more money for bee damage. (more on that later).

unfortunately bombsoldier was plagued by several thousand bees while he was playing drephen and forward since he had honey on his shirt so he ended up 17th. no ammonia johns who knows what chemicals japanese players have to deal with. so we had to pay at least 5000 for hospital bills.

after adding all this up you'll see why this is fair to everyone. we made 10000 dollars off of enterance fees. minus 3000 for prize money, minus 9000 for benue, minus 5000 for pizza, minus 6000 dollars for plane tickets, minus 5000 for hospital bills so you see ken actually lost18 thousand dollars running oc3. he is now living on bombsoldiers farm. have i mentioned bombsoldier is poor. we are looking for donations for ken and mana now. any amount would be nice.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Ok so I got the info for TNT gaming. The tournament is on July 7th at 4:00. Its 5 stock Final Destination only with no items o_0. $10 entry fee and winner gets 60% of the pot and its played on regular TVs. It sounds kinda scrubby so I dunno lol.
Dude, print up a copy of the MLG rules page for this guy and either slam it on his desk or slap him in the face with it. Tell him that we appreciate his feeble attempts at creating an awesome tourney, but that it would be best for him to leave it to us big boys to see it through. We at least need the other neutrals, teamzies and, well, I guess I can live with the whole 5 stock thing. Let him know that he'd ultimately make more money seeing as how it would bring more of us to it.

Alan, July 18th wouldn't be good? You won't be back by then? This totally sucks. Stupid high school starts like three weeks after the 25th....

BunBun

Smash Master
That would get you an *** whoopin round these parts.
No for real. I LOVED MJ. He's one of my favorite artists of all time, but the point where he more or less stopped singing and started being all creepy creepy, I considered that to be the death of the great artist Michael Jackson.

That sentence is grammar fail, but I am too tired to reword it.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
so whats going on with the ft wayne tourney? its the weekend after I move down there, but I have no car. So i don't think we can go, as much as I want to...:(:( No one at Purdue has a car.

Jay what are your plans for SMYM(Aug 1)?? Can you drive us there? Purdue is 1.5 hours away from U of I. If not, I can get a ride from this guy in PEEF's crew, reneblade. I'd like to make plans early if possible. Also we have no housing at U of I. I saw we just show up and find somewhere to crash, lolol. They can't refuse us.

Mr H

Smash Ace

Because I will be returning to Asia for a few weeks, the next S3BO will not be for a while. Right now, we are looking at Saturday, July 25th @ 2pm, same venue.

This is not set in stone, but it is 80% certain so far.
[[/COLOR]
have fun in ur natural habitat alan

goosefactor

Smash Lord
no, i have all breakfast/lunch shifts the weekend of the 18th.
Oh, coonz. Wasn't this more or less what happened last weekend? We still worked it out. It's still better than not having one at all. But hey, it's your call.

Also, Craig, color fail.

Jayford

Smash Lord
so whats going on with the ft wayne tourney? its the weekend after I move down there, but I have no car. So i don't think we can go, as much as I want to...:(:( No one at Purdue has a car.

Jay what are your plans for SMYM(Aug 1)?? Can you drive us there? Purdue is 1.5 hours away from U of I. If not, I can get a ride from this guy in PEEF's crew, reneblade. I'd like to make plans early if possible. Also we have no housing at U of I. I saw we just show up and find somewhere to crash, lolol. They can't refuse us.
I dunno about Ft. Wayne, its more then likely I won't go tho, because driving to school owns all my money because of Gas lol. I'll let you know when I figure it out tho.

As for SMYM, I should be able to go down to Purdue and drive you guys there.

voorhese

Smash Master
I dunno about Ft. Wayne, its more then likely I won't go tho, because driving to school owns all my money because of Gas lol. I'll let you know when I figure it out tho.

As for SMYM, I should be able to go down to Purdue and drive you guys there.
i want to go to SMYM and TNT tourney? falco sounds broken on in an all fd tourney

come to Monticello this weekend, im so bored and want to smash, besides we have a money match to take care of

Great Cats of Indiana will hold a tourney maybe, and you can come see the animals and stuff there http://www.greatcatsofindiana.org/

i talked to the owner, thats where limitz lives, so goose can meet his sister like hes been dying to

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
I lol'd hard at Great Cats of Indiana. The randomness simply overwhelmed me. LOL

Also, u matt

Also, personal goal achieved.

Note to self: taking off one's shoes gives one like +50 APM.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I lol'd hard at Great Cats of Indiana. The randomness simply overwhelmed me. LOL

Also, u matt

Also, personal goal achieved.

Note to self: taking off one's shoes gives one like +50 APM.
Quoted in memory of our discussion about this!

Also, all you patriotic types better done the stars and stripes this Sunday! (for the clueless, the U.S.A somehow made it to the FIFA Confederations Cup final and will face Brazil)

_kSo_

Smash Master
Yeah, that tournament was chock full of utter randomness and nonsense. LOL
chock full is my new favorite phrase

also mattson, we wouldn't be able to continue our 2 week rotation at that time anyway because of SMYM on August 1st. This way we can have one the week before and then one the week after SMYM

goosefactor

Smash Lord
First off, Brain, quote fail.

Secondly, Voorheese, Limitz's''s sister is a child prodigy. Can one hardly blame me?

Thirdly, LOL @ Anthony for posting it like he said he would. Thanks for filling me in with the whole "taking one's shoes off" tidbit. That juicy piece of info is just what I needed to bump me past the 520 APM barrier.

Lastly, AZZ, we can have one on the 18th, then double up with the 25, and then you guys can do that whole SMYM thing.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
It is like a week late but i thought I would bring up a few *** whoopins I had to give out at the last s3bo

Voorheese super wave dash to down smash = death

goose down throw to down b with yoshi = death

goose getting punked out by my **** talking = him being my person that would submit to my will or *****

everyone who didn't show up for father's day johns = snausage eaters

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Depending on the matchup, falco wants various stages. I would be more specific, but it would be ******** to tell people how to counter me effectively.
hahahhahahhahahahahhaha u fro...get ***** son, we can beat you anyway

also DJ we are gonna do some serious training once im down there, considering alan will be in asia-land...practice your tech skill son. learn sheik, marth, falco, fox, or falcon. you have to pick one of those, especially as a samus player, for when people take you to gay stages like cruise or floats.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Depending on the matchup, falco wants various stages. I would be more specific, but it would be ******** to tell people how to counter me effectively.
Fighting you on Dreamland with my Marth sucks ***.

goose down throw to down b with yoshi = death
I hate you.
It's too good, yo.

goose getting punked out by my **** talking = him being my person that would submit to my will or *****
Everything after the "=" confuses me. Oh well, I'll just chalk it up to yet another one of your pitiful attempts at trying to one up me in a verbal bout (seriously, why do you even try? It's quite sad, really :ohwell:).

I <3 you DJ.

[...] practice your tech skill son. learn sheik, [...]
I laft.

BIG C

Smash Master
now rugby and futbol americano those are some sports also basketball. too good soccer not too good imo good exercise but other than that pffft. it's like hockey on grass and such a sport is terrible as well.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Carl's characters
Fox/Falco => DK => Yoshi

Who's next? Pichu?
Apparently you weren't around when I beat Kirk's Falcon in a MM with Pichu. Also 2stocked his Falco with Pichu once on Dreamland, but then he said "you didn't win that."

Also I don't think you were around when I went almost all Mewtwo in a tourney, cept Maus made me dis-main him after a series of Mewtwo vs Sheik matches...
I only mained Ness when Maus was around, then he left.

But really, I can use any character at a decent level, especially lowtiers... cept Pikachu and maybe Jigglypuff vs not Falco. Alan and Anthony have a much better Pika then me.
I would proudly say my skill in lowtiers >>> the average smasher, unless it's Brawl. Low tier characters suck in that game, they don't even move. Ever since I started smash, I've been changing mains constantly. It was only in Purdue when I decided to focus more on Fox/DK, but I still had the feel for almost anyone else, if that makes sense.

But yeah, I only use Marth now, when I'm not playing WoW.

Top Bottom