• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS
Lol, Golden Sun sux. ('cept the first one. ('cept for the storyline, it sucked barwlz))

kirkq

Smash Ace
Except for the ridiculously long unskippable cutscenes, I think the game was really great.

The use of psynergy to solve dungeon puzzles makes creative solutions, the djinn system gives you options to customize your characters stats and spells, the rare equipment is pretty awesome, and the secret boss was pretty hard. The storyline is great, not knowing each character's true motives until the end. The only thing the series really missed out on was sidequests.

voorhese

Smash Master
LOL you must be a natural born fox player then 0_o

watch out voorhese
hmmm..... sounds a lot like my fox did, but i learned the hard way tech skill < matchups

also money match anubis? fox dittos?

and goose when are we gonna start our ridiculous doubles matches again, our best out of 3, i mean best out of 5, 7?, 9? 11?

lol @ when i shinespiked your falcon "voorhese you better ******* not" *shine spike* " you *******."

Jayford

Smash Lord
hmmm..... sounds a lot like my fox did, but i learned the hard way tech skill < matchups

also money match anubis? fox dittos?
u *******."
Sure I'll do a $1 fox dittos mm. I am starting to learn the match ups alot better with Fox. Not as well as the Mewtwo match ups tho :p. I just need more practice with Fox >.>

EDIT: I am bored at work so I'll add my 2 cents about Golden Sun. It was a great RPG. I enjoyed the unique art style it had with the battles. I never got around to playing the 2nd one tho =/.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Rofl.. Anubis... what is this i hear of some sort of melee tourney being held at T&T gaming. You ever find out about confirmed details?
I'll try and check after work today, it just depends what time all the customers leave because I have to go to class right afterwards lol. If I can't do it today, I'll have all the details tomorrow at like 1:15. If a bunch of good people come its going to be freaking hilarious. All the local terriables are going to get rolled LOLOLOLOL.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So yea... I'm not going to be able to make that tourney jay...

Maybe this will help make up for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NojRn7rVacQ

You may have seen it already, but if not it should make you happy.

Goose, no smash today, sorry. I may have an opportunity Tues or Wed, what do you guys think? Will there be smash on either of those days?

KSO, confirmed, I am slower than I was at the last tourney, but it's no biggie.

Also... I think I'm starting to take smash less and less seriously the more I play. Not really a bad thing, I have fun either way, but I got to play with my little bro this morning and was doing some pretty goofy stuff.

_kSo_

Smash Master
So yea... I'm not going to be able to make that tourney jay...

Maybe this will help make up for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NojRn7rVacQ

You may have seen it already, but if not it should make you happy.
taj is 222good

Goose, no smash today, sorry. I may have an opportunity Tues or Wed, what do you guys think? Will there be smash on either of those days?

KSO, confirmed, I am slower than I was at the last tourney, but it's no biggie.
they are leaving on tuesday so there probably won't be smash on tuesday or wednesday at my place at all due to my 8 hour shifts on both days. If you want to play, PM me and we can set up a time when we can get together.

Also, being slower =/= getting worse. Speed just comes with just playing. If you are continuing to develop your mindgames, speed should not be an issue as long as you are still consistently playing.

BunBun

Smash Master
Money match GoldenSun 2?

My party is pretty much stacked.
Ok. I'm just going to Berg the **** out of you lol.

Also, I'd like to thank Scott for quoting my amazingly huge image. <3

And Jay, what's the date of that Tourney? It'd be awesome if it was during when I'm up there.

And I wanna play trail...

'Fro

Smash Lord
I've been playing Fox for over a year and I still can't do all that stuff :(.
Hmm...I don't know. Everytime I feel like my Samus is getting stale, I try playing other characters for a while. Most times, when I've gone back, something ended up improving with my Samus. Of course, I do hope my Marth gets good enough for me to at least not be exclusive to Samus anymore.

soap

Smash Hero
every time i had trouble with a tech, i would just sit down and do it like 50 times in a row.

then i could do it lol

practicing stuff by yourself can get stuff down quicker cuz it is more concentrated practice

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I've seen you do all of that in match against me before....

Also, I learned how to waveshine with fox today. I've been trying it for a while, and at one point I had sat down for like 1/2 an hour periods trying to do it but never got it once. Today I randomly picked fox and was playing a level 1 cpu... so I hit him off the edge so I decided to try to wave shine until he comes back, and for some reason something just "clicked" and there you go. I can't combo them though, maybe that's because I was trying against falcon and can't perfect WD. I really need to learn that. Any advice? (that'd help in many areas, waveshining, wd oos, and just general spacing...) I tried to learn to moonwalk today, I got it once, then got bored and worked on WD OOS instead... that's a lot more useful...

Anyway, let me know when the next smash fest/tourney is, I want to play.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332

Also, I learned how to waveshine with fox today. I've been trying it for a while, and at one point I had sat down for like 1/2 an hour periods trying to do it but never got it once. Today I randomly picked fox and was playing a level 1 cpu... so I hit him off the edge so I decided to try to wave shine until he comes back, and for some reason something just "clicked" and there you go. I can't combo them though, maybe that's because I was trying against falcon and can't perfect WD. I really need to learn that. Any advice? (that'd help in many areas, waveshining, wd oos, and just general spacing...) I tried to learn to moonwalk today, I got it once, then got bored and worked on WD OOS instead... that's a lot more useful...

Anyway, let me know when the next smash fest/tourney is, I want to play.
pretty much same story of mine.. lol

I COULD NOT waveshine for 2 years.. >_>

and one day, i was playing fox when i was talking on the phone at the same time.,
i pulled out 3 consequtive waveshines.

after that happened, i can do it, though i am not fluent at it.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Yea, that happens to me with like 1/2 of the stuff I learn... No real complaints though. I can combo stuff like shine>upsmash no prob, and probably shine>grab if I tried, but I can't get multiple shines in a row.... But it's good fun, and I'm pretty impressed with myself.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So I'm picking up a ton of chars and seeing who sticks around...

Fox: Loads of fun to use, I might use as a peach counter... I hate peach... And it gives me a bunch of technical stuff to practice, that's always fun. (No joke)

Falco: Been messing with him for a while, but my shine bairs are much better. If I get my pillaring a bit better he'll probably stay.

Marth: I like his speed, and his matchups, but I don't think he'll stay because I don't like his "feel" much right now...

DK: Using him more, I like his feel and edgeguarding.

Roy: I like his feel. He's not good at all, but hey, he H45 T3H PH1R3!
I hate leet...

Sheik is too boring to use unless I really need her, Falcon's staying for sure. His combos are just hard to use, so I'm still trying to get good with him...

And who knows whose next?

Any advice about any of these chars? Like really important stuff.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
In my mind, it doesn't count as being able to do a tech unless you can do it in game with 90+% consistency, which I cannot, for any of them.

I am starting to drill myself more, since I have more free time in the summer. I can see myself getting better, so that's good.

@ Faithkeeper

Character advice:

Fox: Don't bother trying to learn how to waveshine-shine. 95% of the time, you get just as much value from waveshine-grab or waveshine-usmash, so focus on that first. Fox has a decent enough matchup against peach, but it's annoying as **** to play. The only things you're allowed to do are laser camp and usmash, and if you make a minor mistake, that's usually good for 30-60 damage or a stock. Marth and Sheik make better peach counters IMO.

Marth: utilt is so bad. Never use it. It's not like its speed, priority, and hitbox are all ridiculous.

DK: DK ditto me!!!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Character advice:

Fox: Don't bother trying to learn how to waveshine-shine. 95% of the time, you get just as much value from waveshine-grab or waveshine-usmash, so focus on that first. Fox has a decent enough matchup against peach, but it's annoying as **** to play. The only things you're allowed to do are laser camp and usmash, and if you make a minor mistake, that's usually good for 30-60 damage or a stock. Marth and Sheik make better peach counters IMO.

Marth: utilt is so bad. Never use it. It's not like its speed, priority, and hitbox are all ridiculous.
Yea, I thought it sucked. Why utilt when you can just fsmash?

DK: DK ditto me!!!
Will do.

Top Bottom