• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

voorhese

Smash Master
Lolol, I was just watching some smash vids, and as soon as soon as I clicked on a brawl video my browser froze.
lol reminds me of this: i went to public library to get on the boards, and as i starting typing smashboards.com, the adresses came up and there was like 3 "super smash bros. melee cheats" pages, and i laughed and my friends like "what?" and i said there really isnt cheats like infinite lives or anything like that, that will make you better than you opponent (this was before i heard about master hand glitch, and thats a glitch not a cheat anyway), so i clicked on one, and it said mozilla firefox failed and i had to wait for like 10 mins. for firefox to work again lol

also, trying to get a ride, not absolutely sure if im going, but im trying

my friend ricky (marth/falco player) came over yesterday, and we decided to do one of those ironman things, and i said lets just do top 5 characters in an order blind to our opponent, we couldnt counterpick, just go down our list

we did, then after that he had the idea to just take the top 5 characters in order and ditto with all of them, and you get a point for every stock you have left for each character

we did:
Me: Him:
Fox: 2- 0
Marth: 2 - 0
Sheik: 3 - 0
Falco: 2 - 0
Falcon: 3- 0

12 - 0

Good idea? i told him he should call it teir battles

goosefactor

Smash Lord
It is currently 10 degrees cooler in my room than it is outside. Yes!

DJ, can I stay with you this weekend?

How I picture Fro right now.

LOLOLOL

There are a few things wrong with it though. For starters, since Fro's a total fobtown, he wouldn't have two lives in reserves--he'd be on his last. Also, he wouldn't have a star card, but rather either a crappy mushroom or stupid flower. Lastly, he'd probably only have like three or four coins opposed to the 94.

BIG C

Smash Master
I mean at least you can do something about being cold. you know blankets more clothes etc. the **** r u gonna do if ur hot? get naked? i mean it works to a degree but it creeps everyone else out so I think it's out of the question.
plus the heat can't bring such things like the above to fruition only the cold

with this reasoning cold: top tier fox, hot: bottom tier pichu

'Fro

Smash Lord
LOLOLOL

There are a few things wrong with it though. For starters, since Fro's a total fobtown, he wouldn't have two lives in reserves--he'd be on his last. Also, he wouldn't have a star card, but rather either a crappy mushroom or stupid flower. Lastly, he'd probably only have like three or four coins opposed to the 94.
You need to actually see me play something for once. My cash reserves in Symphonia should be a clue for how much I horde cash in games. Also, I usually spam 1-ups in Mario games. I used to always make sure to have an excess of 30 lives in Super Mario World, despite that not being necessary in the slightest.

Conclusion: You did it wrong. :p

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
You guys missed a couple key points. Here's the real weather tier list.

Top Tier:
Warm w/o wind, low humidity.
high tier:
Warm with wind
cool
mid tier:
warm with high humidity
hot
Low tier:
cold w/o wind
bottom tier:
hot with high humidity
Sub-bottom tier
Cold with high winds
natural disasters

kirkq

Smash Ace
All of you hobs need to subscribe to my youtube channel and check out my TASing.
http://www.youtube.com/kirkq1234

In encoding my videos I was recommend some good video software, (For people who like uploading 800 GB to youtube, cough, DEX)

http://www.bluetoaster.net/emu/enc.htm

Get and install x264 if you don't have it, get and use VirtualDub 1.7.7 to compress

File - Open Video File
Video - Full processing mode, Video - Compression - x264
Audio - Full processing mode, MPEG Layer-3
File - Save as AVI

If you just want to crop existing videos, set video and audio to "Direct Stream Copy".

BunBun

Smash Master
You need to actually see me play something for once. My cash reserves in Symphonia should be a clue for how much I horde cash in games. Also, I usually spam 1-ups in Mario games. I used to always make sure to have an excess of 30 lives in Super Mario World, despite that not being necessary in the slightest.

Conclusion: You did it wrong. :p
That game gives you an unnecessary amount of cash. There's so little you actually need to buy.

BIG C

Smash Master

Top Tier:
high tier:
Warm with wind
cool
mid tier:
warm with high humidity
hot
Low tier:
cold w/o wind
bottom tier:
hot with high humidity
Sub-bottom tier
Cold with high winds
natural disasters
see the problem we all have is we are using relative terms. obviously what's warm to you could be massively hot to me. obviously the perfect temperature is 68 degrees with somewhat of a breeze now that is top tier weather. but i am fat so i like it cooler

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332

Top Tier:
high tier:
Warm with wind
cool
mid tier:
warm with high humidity
hot
Low tier:
cold w/o wind
bottom tier:
hot with high humidity
Sub-bottom tier
Cold with high winds
natural disasters
see the problem we all have is we are using relative terms. obviously what's warm to you could be massively hot to me. obviously the perfect temperature is 68 degrees with somewhat of a breeze now that is top tier weather. but i am fat so i like it cooler
In my opinion

Top Tier Weather
- between -4 ℃ and 5℃, Humidity less than 35%, wind less than 4 mph
- around 15 ℃, humidity less than 30%, wind between 3 ~ 7 mph

High Tier Weather
- between -8℃ and 2℃, humidity less than 40%, wind less than 5 mph
- between 16℃ and 20℃, humidity less than 30%, wind between 3~7 mph

Low Tier Weather
- Temp above 25℃, humidity higher than 45%, wind less than 5 mph
- Temp below - 6 ℃, humidity higher than 50%, wind more than 10 mph

Bottom Tier wahtere
- Temp above 30℃, humidity at any rate, wind at any rate
- Temp below -20℃, humidity higher than 40%, wind at any rate

Fawking shiitty weather that i would rather die than living in this weather
- Temp above 45 ℃, humidity higher than 20%, wind at any rate

ETC.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Will there be any smashfests going on on Sunday? (the 21st) I just got back. [Of course I'd want them free of anything unacceptable for minors. If they'd have that stuff, let me know and I probably wont go .... I might not be able to go anyway... I've been going on <4 hours of sleep every night for a week.]

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Will there be any smashfests going on on Sunday? (the 21st) I just got back. [Of course I'd want them free of anything unacceptable for minors. If they'd have that stuff, let me know and I probably wont go .... I might not be able to go anyway... I've been going on <4 hours of sleep every night for a week.]
Aww, dude. Good thing you weren't here last night, then. I didn't think it was possible but we were ****in' hotboxing the entire frat! Yah, for that one night we were the frickin' weed capital of the world. (Amsterdam ain't got nuttin' on dat!) I can barely remember half of the crazy **** that went on.
So yah. Come at your own pleasure. There's plenty of fumes and vodka left to go around.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Aww, dude. Good thing you weren't here last night, then. I didn't think it was possible but we were ****in' hotboxing the entire frat! Yah, for that one night we were the frickin' weed capital of the world. (Amsterdam ain't got nuttin' on dat!) I can barely remember half of the crazy **** that went on.
So yah. Come at your own pleasure. There's plenty of fumes and vodka left to go around.
Yea, I'll pass on that.

So I got back and played mele for the 1st time in ~1 month.... All my characters are garbage. I may use this as an opportunity to pick up some new guys.

Also, I may have found the best rave music in existence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_R_FA-C4OA

On that note,
Can you buy rave/techno/hard bass/hardcore music in stores? I have trouble finding any.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Yea, I'll pass on that.

So I got back and played mele for the 1st time in ~1 month.... All my characters are garbage. I may use this as an opportunity to pick up some new guys.

Also, I may have found the best rave music in existence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_R_FA-C4OA

On that note,
Can you buy rave/techno/hard bass/hardcore music in stores? I have trouble finding any.
LOL

Nah, man, Hippy's just messing around. We will be playing like all of today, but there won't be any of that kind of stuff around.

- CKit

'Fro

Smash Lord
LOL

Nah, man, Hippy's just messing around. We will be playing like all of today, but there won't be any of that kind of stuff around.

- CKit
You coob-town Italian. Watch your game against Brazil. It starts in less than 30 minutes.

Jayford

Smash Lord
thats not what your mom told me last night
I must have gotten her confused with your mom :p.

Also, once again sorry for johning out last min. Funny story tho, two of my cousins got in a huge fight and left. Making this one of the most awkward family get togethers ever >.>

Also July 7th there is going to be a melee tournament at the LAN center in Chesterton IN. (I think its the 7th. I'll have to double check.) The name of the place is TNT Gaming. Its pretty close to all the smashers in the region. I say the dew crew rolls down and shows all the local terriables how to play melee :p.

BunBun

Smash Master
Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS Golden Sun DS

_kSo_

Smash Master
You need to actually see me play something for once. My cash reserves in Symphonia should be a clue for how much I horde cash in games.
LOL, dude, I totally horde cash in games. Heh, and in Symphonia, I think I had like over 10 mil or somethin'. Blue Sepheras FTW.

80 degrees with nice breeze is god tier.
100% agreed.
Good, good. We've broken the 80 degree barrier. This is a start.

Also July 7th there is going to be a melee tournament at the LAN center in Chesterton IN. (I think its the 7th. I'll have to double check.) The name of the place is TNT Gaming. Its pretty close to all the smashers in the region. I say the dew crew rolls down and shows all the local terriables how to play melee :p.
Chesterton? Count me in. Just keep us updated with it and all.

Faith, ya, you should get over here today. None of the said stuff will be present.

Also, Anthony has taken three dumps in a 12 hour period...I just don't get it.

-Goose

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, there's this great store at purdue called DC++. They have everything: Music, movies, tv shows, and it's all real cheap, too. It's awesome.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
scott wins...siggin that ****

faithkeeper - while i appreciate your interest in electronica, keep in mind that "hardcore" or "happy hardcore" is like barwl

heres some melee for you...
infected mushroom - cities of the future
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqc8JNzniUc

kirkq

Smash Ace
Also July 7th there is going to be a melee tournament at the LAN center in Chesterton IN. (I think its the 7th. I'll have to double check.) The name of the place is TNT Gaming.
Lolz, me and JesusOmega went there once. It's a solid place (better than the deceased Xtreme Gaming). They'll probably skim the pot though, which is lame.

Faithkeeper - Nice Techno. Check this band out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrbWFQoSSOM
Also, just look up "hardstyle" and you'll find like 1000 not quite so hardcore heavy beat songs.

Also, **** you in the ***, Bun Bun.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
ahhh xtreme gaming...i had some good times there getting lost trying to find it

Me and my friend talk to the owner on the phone while we are driving around in IN trying to find it. Of course the phone is out of batteries, so he talks to us for like 5 seconds and is like its the portage mall. So we stop at starbucks say we are looking for xtreme gaming, its in the portage mall. they are like "wtf, portage doesn't have a mall"...somehow we got there, kirkq played like it was the superbowl, and all was well. Except I accidentally took the skyway on the way home and we drove around in some ghetto *** neighborhoods trying to find out how to get home. And I told my dad I was at work(im a lifeguard) the whole tournament. All after kirkq ims and is like come to this. LOL good times.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I GOT MY U.S. VISA RENEWED! Whew....

Also, CKit, money match in taking dumps? I've been on a huge hot streak of getting rolled.

Also also, Goose, just beat Shadow Queen. Too easy with Bobbery and high FP, but what isn't?

_kSo_

Smash Master
Scott and Faith, you guys should come over today to smash it up. Give us a call.

Also, Fro, that ain't nothin'. What about the Trial?

-Goose

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
Hey, my brother's day on campus is July 2, so I may be able to come up and hang out with you guys then.

One step closer to getting our normal margins back...

Jayford

Smash Lord
So I think I'm doomed to never be good with Falco. I have been trying to learn all the ATs with him for like 5 months and I can't do it o_0. Yet, I learned how to waveshine, l-cancel, short hop, ect with Fox in like a week -_-'.

_kSo_

Smash Master
So I think I'm doomed to never be good with Falco. I have been trying to learn all the ATs with him for like 5 months and I can't do it o_0. Yet, I learned how to waveshine, l-cancel, short hop, ect with Fox in like a week -_-'.
LOL you must be a natural born fox player then 0_o

watch out voorhese

Top Bottom