• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Goose rocked my socks off. He's too gud dud.
Oh ya. >_> And this is precisely why you came back and beat me on our second, larger set.

Jay make sure the rules don't suck and make sure we aren't playing on HD TVs, and make sure they aren't skimming 80% of the pot.
Hmm, yes, this can be quite troublesome. Playing on Temple with items on a laggy TV doesn't sound too appealing.

Marth: utilt is so bad. Never use it. It's not like its speed, priority, and hitbox are all ridiculous.
Yea, I thought it sucked. Why utilt when you can just fsmash?
Nah, Corey. I believe Dex was just being sarcastic. Marth's uptilt is actually really good, and should definitely be used. It's especially effective against fastfallers, and can even kill floaty characters like Peach at reasonable percents. Heh, but then again, YOU too may have been sarcastic, but I kinda got the impression that you weren't. Now if you said upsmash....

Kirk! I just got done watching your 7th Saga TAS! LOL at having 1 HP left against Pison. Give me more footage!

'Fro

Smash Lord
*u-tilt stuff*
You Goose-town! Too true, though. It's not only a great juggle tool against fast-fallers. It also provides a nice anti-air shield against slower air approaches. It might just be my favorite attack for Marth.

kirkq

Smash Ace
Kirk! I just got done watching your 7th Saga TAS! LOL at having 1 HP left against Pison. Give me more footage!
I had more up but the audio drift just got worse as it went on. My emulator crashes if I sync sound, so I'm just going to have to record 10 minutes at a time. I killed my first S Brain out of 27 today.

The next Bomberman Hero segment should have good sound though, I just forgot to sync sound in the recording.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Nah, Corey. I believe Dex was just being sarcastic. Marth's uptilt is actually really good, and should definitely be used. It's especially effective against fastfallers, and can even kill floaty characters like Peach at reasonable percents. Heh, but then again, YOU too may have been sarcastic, but I kinda got the impression that you weren't. Now if you said upsmash....
I was hoping my fsmash comment would show my sarcasm...

Marth's not bad, he's kind of fun to use, I just wish he fell faster...

Advice for life: Never listen to this song when you've seen your girl once in the last two weeks.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Use Roy. He's practically a fastfaller. :p

You people talk way too much. I can't hope to keep track of it all ... so i'm just going to randomly reply to one post. It makes me feel better.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Use Roy. He's practically a fastfaller. :p

You people talk way too much. I can't hope to keep track of it all ... so i'm just going to randomly reply to one post. It makes me feel better.
I do, but he sucks against peach, I'm looking for a peach counter. Fox is only a peach counter if I'm really technical(which I'm not), and then fox is only a soft counter (from cunning's guide).

So using all of those random characters and learning to waveshine (which I suck at) somehow made my falcon's DD much better... I would foresee me getting a lot better soon, butI'm buying "The Conduit" today, and probably won't practice melee until I play at the next tourney, I've been waiting for a good FPS for the Wii forever.. I even bought red steel... and enjoyed it. The multiplayer shouldn't lag too much, but occasionally it does a little.

I've also got to work on some summer assignments more and get going on my online summer school. (I'd be doing more summer school but the online instructors really need to get organized or something... terrible....)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I had more up but the audio drift just got worse as it went on. My emulator crashes if I sync sound, so I'm just going to have to record 10 minutes at a time. I killed my first S Brain out of 27 today.
Ahhh, well, you've got until the end of the week to have the next clip posted. :p LOL, how I love my S. Brains.

wtf is smashboards?
Craig, get your white, high school *** down here next time. Also, sorry about the missed calls. I realized it when it was too late at night to call back.

I was hoping my fsmash comment would show my sarcasm...
You foobson, you need to work on your sarcasm skills. His fsmash is too good a move to sound sarcastic with, lol.

Ah, but if he did fall faster, then much of what he has going for him would no longer work/be as effective. Even if he didn't fall as fast as Roy, he probably would no longer be able to short hop double fair/fair-uair. Also, his recovery would be limited in terms of covering as much horizontal distance as he does and being able to stall below the edge with his forward B. Also, even though his shffl'ing may be slightly more effective with his faster falling speed, moves like his neutral air, similiar to the case with Falcon's, would, in most cases, be better if not fast-falled because of the time needed for the second, stronger hit of the move to finish. And, *gasp* dare I say that Fox may be able to get off an extra uair on him if he fell faster? Furthermore, he wouldn't be able to be nearly as creative off the ledge such as chasing spacies out with fairs. And sadly, the prestigious Ken Combo or other vertical dair kills off the ledge may not even be advisable if too far away from the ledge because the 526537654 frames of lag (rough estimation) from the dair would make Marth too far into the abyss for him to safely recover.

Granted, there would be obvious benefits to a jolt in his speed, and some hidden potential (no, Alan, not Skittle potential) that's bound to come with it, but with all that would be lost, I'm glad his falling speed is the way it is.

Heh, to be honest, I don't even know. For the most part, I'm just blowing smoke because I'm pretending to sound knowledeable about the game for once! lol

Mr H

Smash Ace
Craig, get your white, high school *** down here next time. Also, sorry about the missed calls. I realized it when it was too late at night to call back.
goose every time i call u its only a 1/10 chance u answer
fuggin choobsauce

voorhese

Smash Master
jay and faithkeeper, come down this weekend, actually everyone come down this weekend, im bored as hell right now

'Fro

Smash Lord
jay and faithkeeper, come down this weekend, actually everyone come down this weekend, im bored as hell right now
Sure! Just book me on the first submarine to Monticello. The service does go to and from Saudi Arabia, right?

And Goose, I completely agree with your analysis of Marth's falling speed. It may get him KO'd a little quicker off the top, but the pay-off otherwise is too good to ignore. He's generally pretty unique among the other top tiers, and his floatiness is part of the reason why.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
You foobson, you need to work on your sarcasm skills. His fsmash is too good a move to sound sarcastic with, lol.
QFT

And marf doesn't need to be a fastfaller, what he really needs is a good grab and an obscenely prioritastic set of aerials.

^^Sarcasm for those of you who can't figure this stuff out on their own^^

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
@ goose

I just usually like the "feel" of fast fallers better, that's all.

Also, Conduit=Some of the most fun I've had on the Wii.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
And sadly, the prestigious Ken Combo or other vertical dair kills off the ledge may not even be advisable if too far away from the ledge because the 526537654 frames of lag (rough estimation) from the dair would make Marth too far into the abyss for him to safely recover.
It's true. I can't tell you how many stocks with Roy have ended with me saying something like 'Oops ... did an air attack off the stage ...'

Though stalling with forward b is still an option because for some physics-unrelated reason you don't fall while doing it. I wish I could fly by swinging a sword ...

Jayford

Smash Lord
Ok so I got the info for TNT gaming. The tournament is on July 7th at 4:00. Its 5 stock Final Destination only with no items o_0. $10 entry fee and winner gets 60% of the pot and its played on regular TVs. It sounds kinda scrubby so I dunno lol.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I got the info for TNT gaming. The tournament is on July 7th at 4:00. Its 5 stock Final Destination only with no items o_0. $10 entry fee and winner gets 60% of the pot and its played on regular TVs. It sounds kinda scrubby so I dunno lol.
you forgot "fox only".

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I just don't know what to say... Have the coordinators ever seen any other tournament rules page?... Ever?
(sigh) W/e. I don't mind cuz now i can (theoretically) chain grab fast fallers All Day Long. Which reminds me, are counterpick stages allowed? / Have they ever heard of 'em?
Other than that, sweet. (except for the items, seriously..wut tourny doesn't have items???)

_kSo_

Smash Master
Needz moar talk about next S3BO's date.

kthx

Because I will be returning to Asia for a few weeks, the next S3BO will not be for a while. Right now, we are looking at Saturday, July 25th @ 2pm, same venue.

This is not set in stone, but it is 80% certain so far.

This is how every tournie should be. Gonna be fun rolling kids on Climber Destination.
LOL climber destination

trail is silly.

Top Bottom