• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

'Fro

Smash Lord
now rugby and futbol americano those are some sports also basketball. too good soccer not too good imo good exercise but other than that pffft. it's like hockey on grass and such a sport is terrible as well.
Watch a compilation of Zinedine Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry, Cristiano Ronaldo, or all of the above, really. That'll show you the imagination and technique involved in soccer.

Basketball? Foul-every-two-seconds land? Huge point totals because of excessively awarded free throws? Yeah. I can't watch basketball unless Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and the like are playing.

NFL is fun as long as it's actually happeneing. Sitting in front of the TV for four hours knowing that over two of them is commercials and time-outs is BS.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Back to Asia.

I'll be back sometime in the future 0___o

l8zzzzz
Welcome to Asia, bro.

I am chilling in Korea, as you may know well. lol

Apparently you weren't around when I beat Kirk's Falcon in a MM with Pichu. Also 2stocked his Falco with Pichu once on Dreamland, but then he said "you didn't win that."

Also I don't think you were around when I went almost all Mewtwo in a tourney, cept Maus made me dis-main him after a series of Mewtwo vs Sheik matches...
I only mained Ness when Maus was around, then he left.

But really, I can use any character at a decent level, especially lowtiers... cept Pikachu and maybe Jigglypuff vs not Falco. Alan and Anthony have a much better Pika then me.
I would proudly say my skill in lowtiers >>> the average smasher, unless it's Brawl. Low tier characters suck in that game, they don't even move. Ever since I started smash, I've been changing mains constantly. It was only in Purdue when I decided to focus more on Fox/DK, but I still had the feel for almost anyone else, if that makes sense.

But yeah, I only use Marth now, when I'm not playing WoW.

I started playing pichu as well >_>

i was doing alright.

Since my only Top/High Tier character is sheik, i developed a lot of low tiers to fight high/top tier characters.
(I play Jiggz, but it sucks >_> )

I have beaten almost all the marth players with Link, and I am confident using him against marth. I claim this shiz.

I use Luigi for some characters that i don't think i can do well with sheik or samus.
I'd use ness in tourney, if i feel like it.

Y. Link, Pikachu, Pichu and G&W are my back up Low tiers.

I love playing as Zelda.
Even when i decide to play sheik, i'd love to play surprise-Zelda.

I beat a lot of Fox, Falco, Marth and Falcon with Zelda.
I lose a lot, too, but considering my level, i'd say i do ok.

And, Carl.. lol

your Mewtwo is good. i just found how to play gay with sheik on Mewtwo >_>
you should not let go of your Mewtwo.

I am holding on to all my characters. lol

Taj lost to some sheik player, who i cannot remember, with marth.
Then he considered for a while and picked Mewtwo and beat that guy >_>

sheik can be gay on Mewtwo, but Mewtwo can actually combo Sheik....

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think that Sheik player was Hug's cousin/bro, I think... I have bad memory.

But yeah, wierd thing about me not playing smash anymore. Before Apex, I didn't touch the game, but I was still ******.

I don't think I need to practice this game anymore (unless I intend on surpassing to a NEW LEVEL).

Also Maus, who was the one who helped you learn Zelda?... and Sheik O_o

**** I'm good <3

BunBun

Smash Master
Yeah, I think that Sheik player was Hug's cousin/bro, I think... I have bad memory.

But yeah, wierd thing about me not playing smash anymore. Before Apex, I didn't touch the game, but I was still ******.

I don't think I need to practice this game anymore (unless I intend on surpassing to a NEW LEVEL).

Also Maus, who was the one who helped you learn Zelda?... and Sheik O_o

**** I'm good <3
I will beat you in Link dittos. $5MM? Only stipulation is that it has to be at purdue

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I laft.

Back to Asia.

I'll be back sometime in the future 0___o

l8zzzzz
God **** it, Alan.

I have beaten almost all the marth players with Link, and I am confident using him against marth. I claim this shiz.
Heh, I figured as much. During the first Maus Edition when you picked Link, I had a bad feeling that you were trying to bait me to use Marth. I didn't really know why. I know now that he's kinda a counter for Marth? I just figured you had some crazy plan up your sleeve that was banking on me picking Marth. You're mean.

I'd use ness in tourney, if i feel like it.
Ness dittos! We need to do them next time.

I love playing as Zelda.
Even when i decide to play sheik, i'd love to play surprise-Zelda.
I don't remember who I told this to before, but I used to main Zelda way back before I learned about all the advanced techs. Lol, Brain got hit by my Fairs/Bairs like nobody's business.

Also I don't think you were around when I went almost all Mewtwo in a tourney, cept Maus made me dis-main him after a series of Mewtwo vs Sheik matches...
F'n Carl. Your Mewtwo beat me on Dreamland during a tourney. I remember always getting caught off guard by how little lag he has after his up-b.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I assume this lafter is due to the coincidence of FFIX' s hero being named after one of the greatest soccer legends of all time?
Lol...ya....I was gonna clue that in, but I figured that you know me well enough by now to realize why I found it funny. I know, I'm a loser.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
Basketball? Foul-every-two-seconds land?
What about soccer? Seeing a live goal is like winning the lottery -land?

But seriously, if you look at basically any sport, it's pretty easy to find something wrong with it. Unless you already have a sizable base of supporters who like the sport and stick up for it, people will find a way to shoot pretty much anything down. This effect is what I credit for soccer's intense non-popularity within the US, despite it being no less interesting to watch than certain other sports that are aired here.

IMO, America needs to be like Korea get some progaming on tv.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
If I wanted to talk ****, I would have been like, "my Pichu owns, ****ing ***** Kirkq's Falco hardcore", leaving out the parts where I only beat you once and the fact you didn't take it seriously ("you didn't win that"). It was more of a "Hah, I got one win off of Kirkq and you didn't, in your face Andrew :p" kinda of thing.

Your non-serious Falco > most of the Dew Crew if I'm not mistaken. Also, if you have to play like it's the super bowl to beat the second to worst character in the game, being used by someone worse then you, with your top tier main... then idk what to say.

Oh wait, I do!

JOONZ

'Fro

Smash Lord
Confederations Cup is over. U.S.A went into half-time with a 2-0 lead, but Brazil came back and tore them a new one to take it 3-2. Great match, and the U.S. honestly showed the potential to develop into a real force in soccer.

@Goose: Yeah, I figured as much. I just needed to be sure, because some people have put down Zidane after a certain headbutt incident in the '06 World Cup final against Italy. for any of you curious ones, just Youtube "Zidane headbutt" For some hilarious compilations of video editing on that incident.

@Kirk: I'm glad our tourney matches have become mini Super Bowls for you. That is all. (NOTE: I'm talking about your Falco. )

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
CraftyKitsune (4:14:45 PM): joonz
TheLoveBelow781 (4:14:48 PM): lol, ura joonz
TheLoveBelow781 (4:14:48 PM): did u read kirk's qq?
CraftyKitsune (4:14:48 PM): rofl
CraftyKitsune (4:14:48 PM): indeed.
TheLoveBelow781 (4:14:48 PM): lol
TheLoveBelow781 (4:14:48 PM): i just got it
TheLoveBelow781 (4:14:48 PM): kirk's qq
TheLoveBelow781 (4:14:48 PM): **** im good

sometimes... I amaze myself
F'n Carl. Your Mewtwo beat me on Dreamland during a tourney. I remember always getting caught off guard by how little lag he has after his up-b.
LOL, I was trying so hard during that match!!!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Clicked on George's sig, looked at the smym thread and a couple others in the MW forum.

After seeing a bunch of your posts, I think it's safe to say you're basically the number one fan of MW smash O_o
I've been going by KirkQQ on an IRC channel for over a year because I accidentally password locked myself out of Kirkq, so don't think you are original.
Money match posting at the same time?

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Clicked on George's sig, looked at the smym thread and a couple others in the MW forum.

After seeing a bunch of your posts, I think it's safe to say you're basically the number one fan of MW smash O_o
haha yeah i spend too much time on this website...and i <3 the community alot. thats what makes it fun and the game worth playing.

My post was first, I clearly already won.
hahahhahahahha ownd!

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Confederations Cup is over. U.S.A went into half-time with a 2-0 lead, but Brazil came back and tore them a new one to take it 3-2. Great match, and the U.S. honestly showed the potential to develop into a real force in soccer.

@Goose: Yeah, I figured as much. I just needed to be sure, because some people have put down Zidane after a certain headbutt incident in the '06 World Cup final against Italy. for any of you curious ones, just Youtube "Zidane headbutt" For some hilarious compilations of video editing on that incident.

@Kirk: I'm glad our tourney matches have become mini Super Bowls for you. That is all. (NOTE: I'm talking about your Falco. )
I can't believe Brazil came back... **** pissed me off. But yea.. pretty much any sport the US wants to get good at, it does. All it takes is the support from our rather large talent pool. Currently soccer is slowly growing in the shadows, if it was more mainstream... its pretty safe to say that the U.S. would dominate. I'd venture to say that we would dominate most of the European powerhouses if we were able to fully draw from our superior talent pool.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
^^true^^
China is starting to get good at basketball for the same reason. Moar population = moar talent, almost 100% of the time.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I can't believe Brazil came back... **** pissed me off. But yea.. pretty much any sport the US wants to get good at, it does. All it takes is the support from our rather large talent pool. Currently soccer is slowly growing in the shadows, if it was more mainstream... its pretty safe to say that the U.S. would dominate. I'd venture to say that we would dominate most of the European powerhouses if we were able to fully draw from our superior talent pool.
To be fair, Brazil took THIRTY shots at the U.S. net to score those three times. The U.S. did well to not buckle earlier than they did and to only concede three. Many teams would have conceded a lot more than that. I'd wait on dominating European powerhouses, but I see a quarter final performance being a good goal to set in the World Cup next year. That is, assuming the U.S. qualifies. They weren't doing too well in their qualifiying rounds.

EDIT: I'm seeing an Arab online dating service at the top of my browser. I laft.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
To be fair, Brazil took THIRTY shots at the U.S. net to score those three times. The U.S. did well to not buckle earlier than they did and to only concede three. Many teams would have conceded a lot more than that. I'd wait on dominating European powerhouses, but I see a quarter final performance being a good goal to set in the World Cup next year. That is, assuming the U.S. qualifies. They weren't doing too well in their qualifiying rounds.

EDIT: I'm seeing an Arab online dating service at the top of my browser. I laft.
I'm not talking about the US dominating the Euros anytime soon. I was merely speculating that the US would most likely dominate the Euros if soccer was a mainstream sport here.... which it isn't. Can you imagine harnessing the raw athletic ability of our football players for soccer... **** would be crazy.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
ok, the thing that is stupid about the confederation cup is that half the players aren't even from their respective countries. US recruited 5-7 people from English clubs to play for us and make us look good, and Brazil had 5-7 non-natives as well.

I just read this in the newspaper yesterday.

Jayford

Smash Lord
So I'm stopping in at T&T after work today to try and convince the guy that they should use MLG rules and make a thread on smash boards so this tournament isn't awful. If it ends really quick I might be able to have a "mini smash fest" at my house, but it can't go to long because I have work / school in the morning lololol. Also trail you better show up, I want to see how ICs are supposed to be played. I just icicle camp and wavedash down smash lmao.

'Fro

Smash Lord
ok, the thing that is stupid about the confederation cup is that half the players aren't even from their respective countries. US recruited 5-7 people from English clubs to play for us and make us look good, and Brazil had 5-7 non-natives as well.

I just read this in the newspaper yesterday.
L2soccer, George. The players are citizens of their respective countries, but they play in foreign leagues for better experience. Spain, England, and Italy are known to have the three best local leagues in the world. Think of Yao Ming kicking *** for the Houston Rockets, then representing China in the Olympics. Same deal.

Also, Roy, I agree.

voorhese

Smash Master
How's your grandmother doing JVOR, is she still recovering? I hope she is doing well.
still a little crazy, but shes comming home in about 1 week, a little less

Secondly, Voorheese, Limitz's''s sister is a child prodigy. Can one hardly blame me?
she doesnt really play anymore, but i bet we can get her to

Voorheese super wave dash to down smash = Death
hmmmm

shinespike = massacre

also to all who is interested, im customizing my octagonal table is use for Magic: The Gathering to look like final destination, using sand paper (painted), for the dark "gravel looking areas", and some kind of see through plastic rods for the clear part of fd, and either paint or colored electrical tape for the edges, if anyone is interested, you can mention ideas on how to do certain parts, like the transparent part, not all sure if im using rods or like chicken wire on glass idk, but it will look really cool, and my art teacher will paint the sides of fd on it

anub can i get more info on this tnt gaming thing, i havent seen trail in awhile

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Anubis/Jay, when did you spec your druid to resto?

Did you do it when you hit 70 or did you actually do some leveling as resto?

Also, what was your build like?

Jayford

Smash Lord
Anubis/Jay, when did you spec your druid to resto?

Did you do it when you hit 70 or did you actually do some leveling as resto?

Also, what was your build like?
I leveled 1-76 as feral and 76-80 as moonkin. I was speced for pvp and the talent tree changed back when I was 70 lol. I was like 10/11/40 for 3v3 and 5v5. and then I was 31/0/30 for 2v2. But a ton of stuff changed now. Here is the armory link to my druid now. I'm speced for pvp with both of my specs.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=Aurosa

Top Bottom