• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
fudge that sphere grid nonsense. i dun even remember such things i just remember bahamut looked sooo cool that it didn't matter what happened he would be used.
that...and ultima/flare/holy were the coolest looking spells. with 1 mp cost the game gets really easy...lol

also yojimbo was more badass than bahamut, if you could only capture that dragon/zombie dragon you had to fight on the airship, and wrangle it and give you its powers.

japn is gonna 4 stock everyone at the next tourney...I hope I get to play the exalted one.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
with 1 mp cost the game gets really easy...lol
Heh, magic too becomes obsolete through heavy use of the sphere grid.

Also, I was up until 6 this morning playing that game! Why I am up now, I don't know. I figured I'd only get a sigil or two and call it a night, but I got hooked, lol. Plus, I lost a blitzball tourney to the stupid Al Bhed Psyches (trying to get my Jupiter sigil, yo), and was determined to beat them before I quit. But what sucks is that I realized that unlike the US release, the International version won't keep track of consecutive lightning dodges if you save and reset. That's how I got Lulu's sigil the last time I played, but when I restarted my game after messing up, the counter had started back to zero (ya, ya, I know, this is where you guys say "owned," "joonz," or whatever >_>). I'm just bummed because I dunno if I can dodge 200 of them w/o messin' up.:urg:

if you could only capture that dragon/zombie dragon you had to fight on the airship, and wrangle it and give you its powers.
I love you, George.

Jayford

Smash Lord
I can't believe you guys still play smash.

Play WoW with me.
WoW got bad after season 2 and season 3 =/. I was toooo good at that game lol. 2.1k 3v3 in season 2 with a holy pally when they where bad. 2k 3v3 with an under geared 35/5/21 priest in 3v3 in season 3. Then I got 2k with a resto druid with like 900 healing and 200 resil in season 4. Then I quit during season 5. Tried again in s6 and was like this is dumb, everything dies to quick. Then I quit.

Also I might come to this. No promises tho >.>.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
2k ratings don't make you "tooooooo good" just good. But you are right, even MLG didn't use S4 items cause they were stupidly amazing. But now they made it even easier to get rating, so there's a bunch of 2.5k teams running around.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Maybe too good was a but much :p lol. But for what I was playing with it was pretty good. Holy pallys in S2 were pretty weak. It was before the holy shock buff 0_0. My druid tho was in greens and blues and like 2 pvp epics and my partner and I where beating Brutal Glad Priest / Mutilate Rogue which is a huge counter for druid / warlock.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
I was practicing my tech stuff vs a non-moving Marth, and one of my waveshines sent him off the stage, but he grabbed the edge. So I Fox illusioned at him to get him back on the stage. Except that I got a phantom hit and fell to my death.

I got edgehogged by no one. I am so bad at this game. :-(

_kSo_

Smash Master
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

that story was a high tier story. lol

Alan, do you remember one night, we were just playing marth ditto for some reason,

we started to spam UpB, just because marth shouts 'HAH!'
YES i totally remember that LOL it was hilaaaaaarious. I laft so much :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jayford

Smash Lord
I'm bored. They didn't give me much work to do today and I got like all of the stuff done they gave me in like 20min >.>. So I am sitting here bored =/. Someone entertain me :D.

EDIT: So I am 99% sure I am comming to this. But for Saturday only.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I'm bored. They didn't give me much work to do today and I got like all of the stuff done they gave me in like 20min >.>. So I am sitting here bored =/. Someone entertain me :D.

EDIT: So I am 99% sure I am comming to this. But for Saturday only.
good, then maybe you can get your dirty DS out of my room :p

goosefactor

Smash Lord
good, then maybe you can get your dirty DS out of my room :p
LOLOLOLOL

Also, Alan, we did it wrong the other week. We used a flashlight. This time the light from our cellphones will have to suffice. And of course, we'll have to find another movie to prime us up.

Remind me to bring my charger since mine is most certainly dead by now, lol.

Jay, if you change your mind about staying longer, let me know and you can meet at my place again.

voorhese

Smash Master
To be fair, your username is spelled wrong
we have been over this, i changed the spelling to look liek it, because jason_voorhees was already taken when i was making my e-mail address, i didnt accidentally spell it wrong at all i purposely spelled it like that.

japn said he doesnt know if he is going, but if he does go he will "take it easy" on you guys so you dont feel like your life has been wasted

edit: does anyone here play gears of war (not 2), if so tell me, so we can play together, and i can no scope your face off

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
chicken

I can't believe you guys still play smash.

Play WoW with me.
wow is not a game. a game is an activity people partake in with pre-defined objectives, and the game is over(someone wins) when the objectives are completed. WoW cannot be won. Its a virtual lifestyle where you pay 15$ a month to a huge company to live vicariously through your screen.

first brawl, now wow? carl, stop losing all those brain cells man. switch to crack or something

voorhese

Smash Master
wow is not a game. a game is an activity people partake in with pre-defined objectives, and the game is over(someone wins) when the objectives are completed. WoW cannot be won. Its a virtual lifestyle where you pay 15$ a month to a huge company to live vicariously through your screen.

first brawl, now wow? carl, stop losing all those brain cells man. switch to crack or something
lol WoW kills a lot of good players (for most games)

'Fro

Smash Lord
WoW can be won if you do arena. There are rankings and you can try to play and get first.
Self-made objectives don't count as beating the game. Try again.

Also, I will second George on WoW. From the first time I saw someone take eons to travel from one spot to the other, I hated it.

I'm also baking in the heat over here. It was over 30 degrees C when I got in past midnight, and it's been consistently over 40 for a while. (For you fahrenheit users, that translates to around 90 and around 110, respectively):mad:

EDIT: CKit, Egypt play Italy today. My people (well, my ma's) vs. your people. Also, Italy are in the same group as your other people, the U.S.A.whom they promptly destroyed 3-1.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I'm also baking in the heat over here. It was over 30 degrees C when I got in past midnight, and it's been consistently over 40 for a while. (For you fahrenheit users, that translates to around 90 and around 110, respectively):mad:
Ohhh, I'm so jealous. I want over there right NOW. We've been having to deal with this crappy mid-70's BS for the past few weeks. Hmmm, 90-110...that's still kinda in-betweener weather for bringing a hoody. I guess I'd bring it just in case.;)

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
OOOOOOOOOOOOO hiii there. I haven't been on in a bit so Im not going to read 30 pages of spam but you snausages better be at zeta psi this sat. or ill say mean tings about behind your back and maybe to your face.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Ohhh, I'm so jealous. I want over there right NOW. We've been having to deal with this crappy mid-70's BS for the past few weeks. Hmmm, 90-110...that's still kinda in-betweener weather for bringing a hoody. I guess I'd bring it just in case.;)
I'm going to have them turn on the AC when you're down here and set it down to like -60 in my room just for you. I'll also hide all my blankets and then just wear my winter coat around the house. That's how much I hate the fact that you enjoy the heat so much. :mad:

goosefactor

Smash Lord
OOOOOOOOOOOOO hiii there. I haven't been on in a bit so Im not going to read 30 pages of spam but you snausages better be at zeta psi this sat. or ill say mean tings about behind your back and maybe to your face.
Well, I was planning on coming, but now that I know you're gonna be there, I think I might reconsider. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but having to deal with little b*****s all weekend long kinda wears on ya. :p

Heh, snausages. I don't know why that word sounds so funny to me.

I'm going to have them turn on the AC when you're down here and set it down to like -60 in my room just for you. I'll also hide all my blankets and then just wear my winter coat around the house. That's how much I hate the fact that you enjoy the heat so much. :mad:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

LMFAO, I laft so hard when I read this.

Dude, you can't do that to me. That's like cruel and unusual punishment. Hmmm, but then again, I may put up with it just to make fun of you for wearing that huge, winter ****** jacket all day around the frat during the middle of the Summer (ya, ya, I know, it's not June 21st yet.).

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Meh, I don't really care one way or another. If you guys do it, fine. If not, that's fine also. I can go either way.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
Well, I was planning on coming, but now that I know you're gonna be there, I think I might reconsider. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but having to deal with little b*****s all weekend long kinda wears on ya. :p
Goose 2 things

1. I never said I would be there.
2. Next time you have a comment directed at me, try ****ing off before you post it. K thanks bye.

Love you goose

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Is anyone driving down just for the day? Drop me an AIM.
I think Jay was. You're coming, and we're playing Settlers.

2. Next time you have a comment directed at me, try ****ing off before you post it. K thanks bye.
Duly noted.

DJ, how about the next time we watch a scary movie, you abstain from scampering outta the room like a little chicken **** because you're scared, hmm? :p

Love you goose
I know. That's why I consider myself so lucky.

Lolol, I was just watching some smash vids, and as soon as soon as I clicked on a brawl video my browser froze.
Scott, I hope you've been brushing up on your Chinese Hearts and Euchre skills during the off week. We can't let those scrubs beat us again.

Top Bottom