• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mass Bros. 2: Now With Wicked Hot CoHost - March 7th - Greenfield, Ma -SSBB/M

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I'll be bringing at least 3 other people from here, and we'll try to get a setup, though our only tv is like 37" so its a bit difficult to move. We can definitely bring a wii though

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
This just in. Due to the fact that this is a school, nd it's a no smoking campus. We are not allowed to smoke on the property. Most of you guys, don't smoke but for anyone that does, when you go for a smoke tell me or whoever is running brackets and just take a walk up the road. I'm sorry for the inconvience, but it's how it has to be.

And trust me, I understand. I smoke heavier than all of you. :'(
I see people smoking on campus all the time lol.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
so brawl singles is the last event? what time would we be expected to have to leave the school (use an answer if brawl singles were to end at 9)? 10 o clock?

im trying to think of the best time for my ride to come...

Etherlight

Smash Apprentice
kid. I'm always brawling with some friends at the MFA(musame of fine arts) green line stop. you should deffintily brawl with us sometime soon. Maybe this Friday for some practice for this

Though, what time? If it's after school (I get out at 2pm pretty much) then I'll definitely be able to get there and at a reasonable time as well. Number pl0x.

Oh and, Draft Crews sounds great as well. We should definitely try that over normal crews. We can even get the whole thing recorded or something.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Fatal, we must friendly at SMB, the slu.t needs snake practice :O

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Dustin and I are currently discussing taking a bus to South Station. Is there anyone would would pick us up either there or in one of the many spots along the T or whatever you crazy Massjerks call it?

OOOO DID I JUST CALL YOU GUYS MASSJERKS GET AT ME REAL TALK

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
how many people are expected to be at this?
Last one had 45 Entrants for Brawl Singles, and a few people that didn't show. I'm hoping for more, since I guess Maine is trying to make it. But with Alukard's big Melee tourney the same weekend it's iffy.

so brawl singles is the last event? what time would we be expected to have to leave the school (use an answer if brawl singles were to end at 9)? 10 o clock?

im trying to think of the best time for my ride to come...
Ten, assuming everything is done, I believe is when we're closing the doors, cleaning up and leaving. Spife can give a more definate answer if he ventures in here, and stuff.

So Fatal

Smash Master

Though, what time? If it's after school (I get out at 2pm pretty much) then I'll definitely be able to get there and at a reasonable time as well. Number pl0x.

Oh and, Draft Crews sounds great as well. We should definitely try that over normal crews. We can even get the whole thing recorded or something.
we usually play at 3 or 4. well be playing this friday for sure. I'll send ya a pm

Fatal, we must friendly at SMB, the slu.t needs snake practice :O

Of course!

MMS anyone?

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
lol have fun etherlight at fatals,

Dammit i wish i had good players near by that i could play a good amount XD oh well...

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
lol, its only Wednesday, im sure fatal will get to u soon ether ^_^ unless he said he would pm u today... then....maybe i should search my peach see if she ate the message >_______>

Etherlight

Smash Apprentice
He hasn't really stated when he'd PM me. lulz.

I need a teams partner. Mike isn't going and apparently, tons of people my friend mentioned are constantly coming in and out that I'm not even sure if I'm going to get a team partner. So yeah, anyone want to team with me? I play Peach only though. D:

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
WHAT?!

WHAT?!?!?!!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME!@!!!U$%@_!Y{%RN:DGN

I NEED TO SEE THAT MOVIE!!!!!

****it... I coulda brought Musey and we coulda practiced and AH:KHIGA{)U(V &_WQVGT^G!@REHU:Q@#RGH(

I have so freakin' many questions to ask you.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
start shooting.

But you couldn't have gone so dont feel bad. They only allow so many peopl and we were def full.

IT just happend tonight too. they got the shipment with the movie at like 6 and announced it to play at 8

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I could have somehow managed to make it there and with a hottie and A:KG:LAKSF_P)ASF&{@J

You're into film on a making them level right? And did you ever read the Graphic Novel(this is one of the few comics that is a graphic novel to me)? And now questions blacked out for spoilers...

So I know there isn't a giant squid, cause it woulda been "stupid" to general audiences. But does the ending work and feel right?

What happens to Rorschach in the movie version?

Is the villian played up as a bad guy or is he conflicited and you almost think what he's doing is right?

Is the action played up alot?

Is Rorschach the coolest character EVER?!

How do they play the Mars stuff? Is it sorta confusing or do they kinda ignore Dr. M's thoughts on everything?

And that's just for starters.

EDIT: Musey is the hottie helping me run this tourney saturday. She's my best friend, and the biggest Alan Moore fan I know(= to me)

Oh and Fatal, this is up on AiB which'll help I guess... whatever... WATCHMEN!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I could have somehow managed to make it there and with a hottie and A:KG:LAKSF_P)ASF&{@J

You're into film on a making them level right? And did you ever read the Graphic Novel(this is one of the few comics that is a graphic novel to me)? And now questions blacked out for spoilers...

So I know there isn't a giant squid, cause it woulda been "stupid" to general audiences. But does the ending work and feel right?

What happens to Rorschach in the movie version?

Is the villian played up as a bad guy or is he conflicited and you almost think what he's doing is right?

Is the action played up alot?

Is Rorschach the coolest character EVER?!

How do they play the Mars stuff? Is it sorta confusing or do they kinda ignore Dr. M's thoughts on everything?[/COLOR]

And that's just for starters.

EDIT: Musey is the hottie helping me run this tourney saturday. She's my best friend, and the biggest Alan Moore fan I know(= to me)

Oh and Fatal, this is up on AiB which'll help I guess... whatever... WATCHMEN!

Grey for spoilers? and answers?
Pre info: I never "read" the graphic novel, but I skimmed through it on several occassions

There is not comic book in the movie. So they also removed the squid. But nothing seemed out of place. The ending was satisfying.

The "badguy" is something the movie almost does not have. I personally disliked a lot of characters more than the "badguy" so that might be the answer.

Rorshach dies. Dr.Manhatten blows him up in the last 10 minutes.

He was pretty badass, but without the mask his face aggravated me. ginger looking...

The action was awesome! But there was little tension in between. Its kinda like seeing the highlights of a smash video, like you watch the combo and its cool... but it should have been even cooler because it was the last match of the set and its down to the last stalk... thats the best way to describe it. Kickass though.

Dr.M gets to tell his lifes story. He has thoughts on stuff but he doesn't care to elaborate too much. Made sense, but I think we were supposed to feel bad for him, which I did not.

ooops, I hope no one wanted to keep these things a secret.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
It's black for spoiler's actually

And apparrantly quoting ruins the effect entirely.

MORE QUESTIONS

Dr. M's stuff doesn't do the annoying time jumps and him counting things down in seconds?

The bad guy being ambigous is good. At least but the action comment has me worried, if only because there's almost no action in the book. It's just thick with story. Does Nite Owl's story convey how he really misses being in the suit and doing his thing?

Does the comedian still shoot a preggo chick?

Does the chick playing Silk Spectre II/Sally Juspzyck manage to make the character compelling or does she fall flat?

Did the movie make you wanna read the book at all?

In the prison break, does Rorschach stop to "go to the bathroom"?

Is the stuff with Rorschach's psychologist still in it?

Does the carnage in new york work or does it feel oddly sterile and clean?

EDIT: And yes, oops is apprioprate. Heh. I'm over it, whatever. Just remove the "quote" afterward and it should be all good I suppose.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
It's black for spoiler's actually

And apparrantly quoting ruins the effect entirely.

MORE QUESTIONS

Dr. M's stuff doesn't do the annoying time jumps and him counting things down in seconds?

The bad guy being ambigous is good. At least but the action comment has me worried, if only because there's almost no action in the book. It's just thick with story. Does Nite Owl's story convey how he really misses being in the suit and doing his thing?

Does the comedian still shoot a preggo chick?

Does the chick playing Silk Spectre II/Sally Juspzyck manage to make the character compelling or does she fall flat?

Did the movie make you wanna read the book at all?

In the prison break, does Rorschach stop to "go to the bathroom"?

Is the stuff with Rorschach's psychologist still in it?

Does the carnage in new york work or does it feel oddly sterile and clean?
No time jumps but he does mention a couple times that time is non-existent as humans see it and that he wishes we could realize time like he does.

Action is few and far between, but is excellent when it shows up.

Night Owl was easily one of my favorite characters. He is this nerdy dude who definitely misses being a super hero. You can tell that Night Owl is just about his favorite part of himself.

The comedian shoots a pregnant Vietnamese girl.

Silk Specter was my second favorite character. I felt for her... but she also got naked... so... I might be biased. But I understood her character better than most others.

The movie made me want to read the book a little bit. I hate reading, so the fact that reading the book would cost me money makes me not want to. IF the book was free I would gladly read it.

Yes he goes to the bathroom. (what he does there is unknown...well kinda)

Psychologist is there.

New York looks pretty screwed up throughout most of the movie. Graffiti everywhere lots of fires. kinda grunged up... that might be new york naturally but I never been there so I don't know if it looks any worse than it already does...

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
No time jumps but he does mention a couple times that time is non-existent as humans see it and that he wishes we could realize time like he does.

Action is few and far between, but is excellent when it shows up.

Night Owl was easily one of my favorite characters. He is this nerdy dude who definitely misses being a super hero. You can tell that Night Owl is just about his favorite part of himself.

The comedian shoots a pregnant Vietnamese girl.

Silk Specter was my second favorite character. I felt for her... but she also got naked... so... I might be biased. But I understood her character better than most others.

The movie made me want to read the book a little bit. I hate reading, so the fact that reading the book would cost me money makes me not want to. IF the book was free I would gladly read it.

Yes he goes to the bathroom. (what he does there is unknown...well kinda)

Psychologist is there.

New York looks pretty screwed up throughout most of the movie. Graffiti everywhere lots of fires. kinda grunged up... that might be new york naturally but I never been there so I don't know if it looks any worse than it already does...
I meant after the attacks that the bad guy cooks up. Are they not just on New York. Is it not just New York or changed more than I thought?

I know I'm ruining parts of this movie, but I could probably loan you the book if you wanted. So it wouldn't cost you. Just because I think EVERYONE should see it.

I'm assuming Colleen and Eric saw it. What'd they think?

And really? Silk Spectre was your second fav character? I never cared that much for her, but I've always been about the bad *** more than anything else I guess.

QUESTIONS! Obviously what is the bad guys end plan that he does? Since it's so changed it seems.

Is Dr. M actually fully nude alot of the film? Just so I know how authentic they were.

That costume for Silk Spectre, that thing is ludicrously hot. That's not even remotely a question but whatever.

How long does the flick end up being? 2.5 hours?

I think I actually ran out of questions... I so excited to be talking about this movie I can't think. What cartoon theme should we go with this weekend? Scooby Doo? Watchmen are kinda cartoon hero's

OH! Is the group actually called the Watchmen in the movie? Did they once team under that name?

And spoil the VERY VERY END for me. What's the last thing that happens in the flick?

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I had one of the most important questions in this group... at the very end of it... **** YOU RIOT!!! I THOUGHT YOU CARED ABOUT ME!!!

Tell Colleen and Eric I expect them to kick *** and talk about the movie with me Saturday. If I wasn't seeing the movie Friday I'd suggest we get together and play... but you're so far away from me...

Spife

Smash Master
Ace, my bad >_>
we'll do it today, around the same time is good I THINK. I got class and stuff so I'll be up.
My b

So Fatal

Smash Master
more tourney talk. less movie talk

yo ace use the message all thing from the last mass bros and let eveyrone know about the new one. i want this **** to beat smb1

Top Bottom