• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
As it was said by porc, the statistics do not show the actual attendance of both events. Therefore, we'll stick to what we announced so far, we will only change that if we see that it is really wrong (and we can't have a relevant idea of what the attendance so early).
I don't think there's anything more to add. Just keep in mind that while we'll stress the importance of the Melee, we are clever enough to see if what we're doing is really unfair and act accordingly.

K@0S

Smash Ace
Brawl players are trying to argument with the attendance here, I couldn't LOL less!
Isn't it obvious that most people would like to attend both events when they have to pay for both whatsoever? Obviously Melee players are more open to playing both games than the opposite.
And that doesn't surprise me for one second.
Probably because Melee players have 7 years experience and that this game is a lot more technical than Brawl ?

Personally, I almost never played Melee, so I will get JV 5 stocked at every matches. I will attend for fun and will probably get destroyed in poul. After that, I'll either freeplay with noobs like me, or go play Brawl, because Melee is not the kind of game you can handle rapidly and easily; tech skills make a huge difference between bad and good players, whereas in Brawl it's not very important and being smart is almost all what you need.

If you read clearly, it says "Goal", not "Will you attend this or not". Or maybe I and some other people misunderstood what "Goal" stood for.

-- About that money > smash thing, if you prefer money, stop coming to tournaments and find a little job instead :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
can we leave these stupid arguments that have been solved already? if anyone starts pulling the trigger and feels cocky enough to complain again I might as well give infractions because ARGUMENTS never help a tournament thread, especially something that is going to be big. I don't care if you wanna push your view into this and there's freedom of speech bla bla, Porc already said his foot is down on it and he won't change his decision.. everything has been explained in that post linked earlier

Money is a part of tournaments, you have to accept you play to win something (tournaments), the main goal is winning so there's nothing wrong with going for what you put in + profit.
But if you think you're going to win that's another story, that's being bigheaded and cocky =P

This time at super lion ask me for money matches europeans!

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
For those who don't know Salepate, Porc and Slhoka, I can tell that they are 100% trustworthy, and will indeed do their best to make this tourney run as effective as possible, whether it's Brawl or Melee.
That alone is worth the entrance fee, if you ask me. But they are really doing all this **** for free. While they stress their arses off for our sake, we just relax and play smash.

Think about that when complaining. They are putting a lot of work for this event, and this is all for your sake, not their own.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
For those who don't know Salepate, Porc and Slhoka, I can tell that they are 100% trustworthy, and will indeed do their best to make this tourney run as effective as possible, whether it's Brawl or Melee.
That's a good precision. If anyone has a doubt, having Brawl as a (big) side event doesn't mean at all that we'll just throw off a random tournament for the sake of saying "We did a Brawl tournament". If we announce a Brawl tournament, we'll prepare it seriously, so you can have a good time.

K@0S

Smash Ace
Ok for 5 euros; personally I prefer when it's high because since you care about that money it simulates tourney matches better.

Oh and you can call me Kaos, the @ and 0 were for some "nick already taken" purpose (yes I could have chosen better D: )

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
why not care about the money, 5 euros is still something =P
you're playing for money after all! xD

I just feel bad losing a high stake, and im sure the other person would

this is why I'm against high stake money matches unless it's really hype

Gaki

Smash Journeyman
np Ramin, I like discussing too xD.

lol Jumpman,I know you are one of the top players in the Netherlands, but sure, let's MM it'll be fun.

Mr-R I want to play a set against you too, and if it isn't in brackets it'll be a MM xD
He is not one of the top players according to rankings, he is good but top player conciddering we dont many actual good players here hmmm i wouldnt call him top player yet.

Anyway about the melee and brawl pot i do agree with the people where they say there are more attendees for brawl as statistics show well these people are prolly melee players etc etc and.

Because brawl players hardly play melee because of the different learning curve i still dont think its fair to do 60/40 because now its looking like we are endorcing people to play something they dont like to play cause of the fact everyone pays for it if i pay for the other and dont play the other the most fair solution to me would be 50/50.
Of course the melee people play brawl but do they truly do this because they like it ? i dont think so.

Will they come far with there melee experience ? i dont think so. Vice versa ? the same goes for most brawl players they wont come far in melee as i stated above its looking like we should endorce melee if you split the pot 50 50 the pots will be the same for both events the melee players who dont like brawl and paid for it dont have to play if they want to since they have equal chance in the game they like.

Im not saying play for the money only of course but i think people would be more satisfied i the pots were divided equally imo opinion im going to achieve something but even then that money is a good motivator honestly >_>

This is not intended to cause a ever lasting flame towards the hosts rather a suggestion to think things over if you dont want to i understand perfectly this wont make me hate anyone
i am still attending but come on isnt this a tad silly?

No disrespect intended towards anyone.

I hope you will think this over.
If not thanks for taking your time to read this.

@ Fuzzyness : cocky or not im most likely to win brawl XD

Blad01

Smash Lord
By the way Gaki, could you show us the netherlands brawl rankings ? Jumpman talks about you every day on msn, so I guess you are 1st ?

cenel

Smash Apprentice
Sigh* I said inb4 melee vs brawl doesn't anyone read a thing? I think everyone forgot what I wrote and started readin the flamez. Luckily Gaki pointed out what I meant. Thanks

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
yes, people should post brawl power rankings in their region. we want a well seeded tournament and unlike melee we don't have many international tournaments.

Spain's power ranking will be ready pretty soon.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I agree with JD; smash >>> money. I don't go to tourneys to win money, as money is no motivation to me, besides; if I wanted money I'd just get a job. Winning money on tourneys is a poor way to get income. I come to tourneys to have fun, hang out with smash-friends, and play a lot of Melee. Even if I won the tourney, I wouldn't earn money on it if I compare it to what the actual trip costs me.

Smash > money, but that doesn't mean I'd give away my money if I won some, it only means that I don't have money in my mind when I'm going to tourneys, which is also why I don't really complain about the fact that I have to pay for a tourney I won't attend(Brawl).
Go on, call me ********, but from my point of view I can't really see why money should be more important than the tourney itself if you really like the game.

- Tonberry out

I never said smash > money. That's JD's conclusion.

Marc(bri) (I have no idea how to pronounce that), is five and below ok? Falco vs MK?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I never said smash > money. That's JD's conclusion.
And I said I agreed with JD, I honestly don't get what you're trying to say here. I never said that you said you thought smash > money, but how can you really say that "smash doesn't own money"? I mean, do you go to a tournament for the money's sake? Is that why you play smash? In that case I don't understand your way of thinking.

You said JD was dumb because he said he goes to tourneys to play smash, not for the sake of winning money. My post was written to say that I share the same point of view, and I don't really see the dumb thing about not being greedy, and going to tourneys for playing and having fun.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
And I said I agreed with JD, I honestly don't get what you're trying to say here. I never said that you said you thought smash > money, but how can you really say that "smash doesn't own money"? I mean, do you go to a tournament for the money's sake? Is that why you play smash? In that case I don't understand your way of thinking.
You said JD was dumb because he said he goes to tourneys to play smash, not for the sake of winning money. My post was written to say that I share the same point of view, and I don't really see the dumb thing about not being greedy, and going to tourneys for playing and having fun.
Wrong, I didn't say JD was dumb because of that. Just the structure of the post and conclusions. I don't think you understand most things I say either =/ It's quite annoying to reply to a post full of stuff I didn't say, so stop doing it.

Edit: Everything I bolded is a reaction to stuff I did not actually say. By the way, no hard feelings. You're probably a great guy in person.

EF Aqua

Smash Rookie
I'm not quite sure why people choose not to enter certain events when they're paying for them anyway, but I suppose I may be underestimating the disgust some people seem to feel toward either of the games. Nevertheless, I couldn't really care less about how the pot is split myself, as chances are if you win anything at all you probably got a good amount of money anyway. The current solution is inarguably a tad disrespectful toward Brawl players, but understandable enough what with the hosts' motives.

Anyway Kaos, if you remember we still had a MM planned. Five euros Best of Five sound okay to you? I'll take other Brawl MMs as well if people are up for it. Or how about Brawl Falcon dittos for a euro a match, anyone?

stelzig

Smash Lord
Well since yuna updated his tourney topic a little again now and says he'll get a date tommorow i likely won't attend to this now. (sorry aqua, you'll probably have to find another person to team with in doubles... Although that's probably more my loss than yours haha)
Im going to have to apoligize for jumpmans behaviour, see he really likes arguments >_>.
Anyway Jumpman ( and all the other brawlers ) its best for us to just accept whats going to happen, since we cant change it anyway, so pointing out that it isn't fair won't change anything. all we can do now is just respect the host's descision and train for some money matches ;D
I'm glad you're showing this respectful attitude right now Mr.R. I was a little worried when i read your first "owned" post... TEC attitude standards and all hehe.

Alright carry on people :)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Aqua, 1 euro MM falcon ditto xD.

ok, istudying, but I rather play it for 3/5 euros. I have many MMs right now and I want to be sure I can pay them if I lose lol. some specific character or with cp characters too?( Kaos, ours is still 10 euros xD).

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I'm not quite sure why people choose not to enter certain events when they're paying for them anyway, but I suppose I may be underestimating the disgust some people seem to feel toward either of the games.
I'm not attending Brawl because I only get annoyed from playing it. It's too slow, and I hate the buffer system. Less people will also speed up the tournament a little.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Jumpman: I probably misunderstood the meaning of the post you wrote to JD then. And when you said "I never said smash > money. That's JD's conclusion." it sounded to me that you didn't agree with that in a way :p

The first post I wrote was obviously just tell my point of view on the case about money, since they talk about smash and money all over this thread. And I mostly just focused on what JD said about loving smash more than money.

No big deal, really.

K@0S

Smash Ace
Anyway Kaos, if you remember we still had a MM planned. Five euros Best of Five sound okay to you? I'll take other Brawl MMs as well if people are up for it. Or how about Brawl Falcon dittos for a euro a match, anyone?
Fine :)

K@os MM € 10 ?
Fine :)

My mms (atm) :

thataintflaco1338 (?) - 10€
Fuzzyness - 5€
Aqua - 5€
istudying - 10€
Marcbri - 10€

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
Kaos, add me to that list :p, 5€ best of 3/5 ? And with char specific or just CPs ?
Taking other MMs aswell (brawl)

so far:
Blad
Kaos ?

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'm not attending this tournament but all I have to say is that Villefontaine is BA because it was included in the Count of Monte Cristo.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Ok, let's define the MMs rules I have.

So far, the ones I'm sure about :
  • marcbri
  • gregs (gmoney)

Rules I propose for these, tell me if you agree with them :
  • 3€
  • Falco Ditto
  • BO5
  • Neutral Stages (Final Destination, Battlefield, SmashVille)
  • Recorded :p

The other ones that need confirmation (from them :p) :
  • Jumpman
  • Willz
  • Greward

I want to MM and ITLIAN brawler too by the way ^^

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Well since yuna updated his tourney topic a little again now and says he'll get a date tommorow i likely won't attend to this now. (sorry aqua, you'll probably have to find another person to team with in doubles... Although that's probably more my loss than yours haha)
I'm glad you're showing this respectful attitude right now Mr.R. I was a little worried when i read your first "owned" post... TEC attitude standards and all hehe.

Alright carry on people :)
yeah LOL i didnt even know what the situation was about i was joking around a bit, could have sound disrespectfull, haha

Blad01

Smash Lord
and Blad, seems like our MM isn't 2€ anymore xD
Hehe well, they are Falco dittos, so they must be special :p

istudying, do you have a different ingame nickname ? I add you ;) (All my MMs are 2€, except the ones with others falco mains :p)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Now when people are bringing back the MM topic again:

I MM anyone with the following rules:
- Yoshi's Story only.
- I can only use Bowser.
- You use which character you want.
- Bet: 1-2 euros(you choose).
- I want up to 10 players on my MM list
- At least best of 5.

T3h list(5/10):
- JD (2 euros)