• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salepate

Smash Cadet
During the tourney we'll probably have some backstage rooms since one of the venu is a theater. We'll be able to drop out any luggage here and keep it safe. besides we'll have a discussion soon with Slhoka & porc to decide stuff like safety, housing, etc...

Smasher89

Smash Lord
IC´s chaingrabs adds for versitality in top placing characters, limiting them in one way won´t stop other grabtricks, the only good solution to ban their grabs is to ban the whole character which I find stupid since this is the game which is defined and ruled by Metaknight.

istudying

Smash Lord
IC´s chaingrabs adds for versitality in top placing characters, limiting them in one way won´t stop other grabtricks, the only good solution to ban their grabs is to ban the whole character which I find stupid since this is the game which is defined and ruled by Metaknight.
Indeed . . . .

cenel

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to bring this back up , but some1 mentioned that there would be more melee players here than brawl players and that was the reason why the pot would be 60-40 (melee-brawl). Atm this is false lol. So this seems really unfair to me. My question to the TO is: If the amount of brawl players is higher than the amount of melee players eventually, will you consider changing it to 50-50 or even 40-60?

The proof:
http://ti.bug.free.fr/ssbm/tsl4/index.php?page=list
# Melee entrants: 95
# Brawl entrants: 105

inb4 brawl flame and brawl vs melee discussionz

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Sorry to bring this back up , but some1 mentioned that there would be more melee players here than brawl players and that was the reason why the pot would be 60-40 (melee-brawl). Atm this is false lol. So this seems really unfair to me. My question to the TO is: If the amount of brawl players is higher than the amount of melee players eventually will you consider changing it to 50-50 or even 40-60?

The proof:
http://ti.bug.free.fr/ssbm/tsl4/index.php?page=list
# Melee entrants: 95
# Brawl entrants: 104

inb4 brawl flame and brawl vs melee discussionz
owned.....

Tamoo

Smash Master
It could just be a case of all the melee players are willing to play brawl as a side, but brawl players cant be arsed to play melee on the side

dont read too much into statistics

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
the stats are biased, nearly most of the people travelling are going for melee specifically so dont base it just on france. Some people are just entering brawl for the hell of it because they have to pay towards the pot

before you start saying things are true based on a site statistics think about the real side

also confirmed people are important

istudying

Smash Lord
It could just be a case of all the melee players are willing to play brawl as a side, but brawl players cant be arsed to play melee on the side

Your's sayings aren't completely true.
Even if all Brawl players remove Melee and Melee players did the same. Brawl would still gain more people and Melee even less.
So makeing the pot 50/50 would be fair to do.

Mr-R

Smash Champion

wtf is this suppose to mean, u cant use this as an argument cause MOST of the brawl players have also entered melee on the side, judging how both sides have the same problem, the best thing to do is to look at the numbers and right now BRAWL is winning so yeah i dont mind if it gets 50/50 but having melee get more money than brawl WHILE there are less players just doesnt make sense and is completely unfair towards the brawl players

Luma

Smash Lord
just shut up about the pot or the hosts may even completly erase brawl of the event, how would that make you feel?

plus what you are saying makes no sense at all

Tero.

Smash Champion
Just accept their decision or don't attend the tournament.
It's that easy.

porc

Smash Journeyman
1) Nearly every Melee players put that they would play both games (for instance, you can't call Baxon, Poilon, Joanna Dark, Salepate, Me etc. etc. etc. Brawl players, but we still put both games). Whereas a lot of Brawl players only want to participate to the Brawl event.

2) A lot of Melee players are used to how a tournament works, and are not in a rush to register. They know they'll be able to come anyway and sometime don't bother about registering on a little website (even though we would appriciate if they did). I know a lot of french Melee (only) players who are not registered right now but will come.

3) Brawl players seem very aware of everythings going on very rapidly. Give the old Melee players that work or are busy the time to register...

All of this make the statistics look like there is more Brawl players coming. But for now all I can say is : Wait until all Melee players register, and then consider if Brawl attendance is mostly made by open minded Melee players or pure Brawl players.

And Mr-R, know that your arrogance does NOT serve your cause at all.

EDIT :

Oh and,
4) I think a lot of young "brawl only registered people that we've never heard of", will not show up. Wait until confirmations.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Brawl players are trying to argument with the attendance here, I couldn't LOL less!
Isn't it obvious that most people would like to attend both events when they have to pay for both whatsoever? Obviously Melee players are more open to playing both games than the opposite.
And that doesn't surprise me for one second.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
1) Nearly every Melee players put that they would play both games (for instance, you can't call Baxon, Poilon, Joanna Dark, Salepate, Me etc. etc. etc. Brawl players, but we still put both games). Whereas a lot of Brawl players only want to participate to the Brawl event.

2) A lot of Melee players are used to how a tournament works, and are not in a rush to register. They know they'll be able to come anyway and sometime don't bother about registering on a little website (even though we would appriciate if they did). I know a lot of french Melee (only) players who are not registered right now but will come.

3) Brawl players seem very aware of everythings going on very rapidly. Give the old Melee players that work or are busy the time to register...

All of this make the statistics look like there is more Brawl players coming. But for now all I can say is : Wait until all Melee players register, and then consider if Brawl attendance is mostly made by open minded Melee players or pure Brawl players.

And Mr-R, know that your arrogance does NOT serve your cause at all.

I wasn't trying to sound arrogant nor what I trying to be disrespectfull, i was just simply pointing out the facts, i dont know if this has been up for discussion before and if it was then I apoligize, we'll just simply wait to where this goes then.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Mr-R ^^^^^^^^^^^

What porc said, you must look at the whole community and not try push your opinion until you are 100% correct, otherwise you're making an idiot of yourself

Mr-R

Smash Champion
It's been discussed indeed, I suggest you take a look at that post, which conclued the discussion :
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7433056&postcount=447

Apology accepted, we're cool, dude.
Took me some time but I've read the whole thing, money is the last thing im worrying about ( traveling funds ), im just coming to meet the europe brawl scene and have some fun, so i don't really care that much, seeing how this was originally planned to be a melee tourney I guess I ( or anyone else besides the hosts ) dont have the right to change the pots, im just going to have to make up my loss ( traveling funds ) with some money matches ;D

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I think the problem is that Brawl players pay for Melee even though they're not attending the event. I will enter both events for sure, but certain Brawl players won't. I wouldn't mind paying for Melee personally if I could win the same as the Melee players. But paying more for the Melee event if you're not attending it is outrageous to be honest. Personally I don't care about the prices etc., but it seems quite unfair. The Melee prices would have been way lower if the Brawl players wouldn't be attending =/

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
shut up already with this bullcrap about cash prize, all of you...
First, as some said, the stats don't offert much concrete stuff. But the way I see it, more people want to play melee AND brawl, when less brawl players don't want to play melee. melee players then look more open minded. I think it's just stupid to not attend a tournament that you pay for anyway... And I think the cash prize is irrelevant for 98% of the people attending. It's been explained already. It's the hosts' choice, in order to make melee more important. This tournament without melee couldn't happen, as the hosts are melee players only. Just shut up and be thankful.

porc

Smash Journeyman
The Melee prices would have been way lower if the Brawl players wouldn't be attending =/
Yeah but it's the same way around...

The thing is, making different entry fees according to what you're gonna participate is just too much to handle (and that's something we thaught of doing !).

How would you do it ? As I see it there's only a few options :

• 2 "cash registers" : one for Melee and one for Brawl. OK but when someone wants to enter both, where does he put the money for the venue ? He'll have to bring change and it's not really managable for 200 people. Also, if we want to keep the 60/40 policy, entrance prices will be too weird.
  • 3 "cash registers" : one for Melee, one for Brawl and one for the venue. That means that if you want to enter everything you'll have to bring 30€ splitted in 10, 12 and 8€. How inconvinient. And this has nothing to do with the 60/40 thing, cause even if you have to pay 10+10+10€ it's a giant pain.

We thought about this, and we didn't find any simple way to deal with it. Sorry but a single entrance fee is the simplest solution for now. Unless you have some idea...

Also think that if we do seperate entry fees, both cash prizes will be lower. Well it's no big deal, but still !

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
shut up already with this bullcrap about cash prize, all of you...
First, as some said, the stats don't offert much concrete stuff. But the way I see it, more people want to play melee AND brawl, when less brawl players don't want to play melee. melee players then look more open minded. I think it's just stupid to not attend a tournament that you pay for anyway... And I think the cash prize is irrelevant for 98% of the people attending. It's been explained already. It's the hosts' choice, in order to make melee more important. This tournament without melee couldn't happen, as the hosts are melee players only. Just shut up and be thankful.
Shut up, you're not the host. :) By the way, Brawl isn't as complicated (yet!) as Melee, it's quite logical more Brawl people play Brawl instead of two events. ****, two posts. Sorry, can't delete em.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
I'm not the host but I know what I'm talking about. It's stupid to complain about not enough cash prize, because first, it makes you look money thirsty and secondly, you probably have no chance at winning it. And even so, whenever I won some cash prize, I was simply happy to win cash.
do you love money more than smash? I don't think so.

Tamoo

Smash Master
At the end of the day jumpman, the hosts have clearly stated that its waaay too complicated to do any system other than that they have already planned

its best to just drop it, brawl is the side event at this, hence the lower pot
at the end of the day, organisers decision is final, its a lot of work and we have to appreciate all the hard work they put into this, and respect their decisions

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
At the end of the day jumpman, the hosts have clearly stated that its waaay too complicated to do any system other than that they have already planned

its best to just drop it, brawl is the side event at this, hence the lower pot
at the end of the day, organisers decision is final, its a lot of work and we have to appreciate all the hard work they put into this, and respect their decisions
I just wanted to make clear they know what they're doing. But yes, they are the ones that decide what's going to happen.

I'm not the host but I know what I'm talking about. It's stupid to complain about not enough cash prize, because first, it makes you look money thirsty and secondly, you probably have no chance at winning it. And even so, whenever I won some cash prize, I was simply happy to win cash.
do you love money more than smash? I don't think so.
Which is exactly why I think you're dumb. :) If you think Smash > Money, just give it to the ones who do care about the money? You obviously don't know what you're talking about, let's keep it that way.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I don't know why people are discussing this again,I though it was clear -.-

the current system is fine, if everyone payed only the even they wanted to play not as many people would play the other game and the cash prize would be lower ( for both games). And even if I didn't agree, it's stupid to complain, the hosts are the ones who decide and the attendants have to respect it.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
You've said exactly the same a couple of pages ago. Don't you think I would have come to that conclusion? I think Porc did a fantastic job. It's just the prices I dislike. Like I said, not because I won't be profiting, it's because it's unfair for the Brawl only players. By the way, I can quote your message if you'd like me to :)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
lol, as I've said it's a summary of what I said last time this came out ( a week ago), but I hadn't said anything today xD.

anyway, let's forget about this.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Yes, I was talking about the week ago. And alright, wanna MM at TSL? I'm a MK main, don't be scared. I suck.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
When did I repeat myself? I just summed up what I said last time this discussion happened.

Wathever.
Im going to have to apoligize for jumpmans behaviour, see he really likes arguments >_>.
Anyway Jumpman ( and all the other brawlers ) its best for us to just accept whats going to happen, since we cant change it anyway, so pointing out that it isn't fair won't change anything. all we can do now is just respect the host's descision and train for some money matches ;D

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Which is exactly why I think you're dumb. :) If you think Smash > Money, just give it to the ones who do care about the money? You obviously don't know what you're talking about, let's keep it that way.
I agree with JD; smash >>> money. I don't go to tourneys to win money, as money is no motivation to me, besides; if I wanted money I'd just get a job. Winning money on tourneys is a poor way to get income. I come to tourneys to have fun, hang out with smash-friends, and play a lot of Melee. Even if I won the tourney, I wouldn't earn money on it if I compare it to what the actual trip costs me.

Smash > money, but that doesn't mean I'd give away my money if I won some, it only means that I don't have money in my mind when I'm going to tourneys, which is also why I don't really complain about the fact that I have to pay for a tourney I won't attend(Brawl).
Go on, call me ********, but from my point of view I can't really see why money should be more important than the tourney itself if you really like the game.

- Tonberry out

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
np Ramin, I like discussing too xD.

lol Jumpman,I know you are one of the top players in the Netherlands, but sure, let's MM it'll be fun.

Mr-R I want to play a set against you too, and if it isn't in brackets it'll be a MM xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom