• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faab

Smash Ace
There are 2 possible airports to go to.

Lyon, Lyon Part Dieu Railway StTGV (XYD) - France
Lyon, Lyon Saint Exupéry (LYS) - France

porc

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly.

If you choose "Lyon Part Dieu Railway StTGV", I guess you'll simply arrive at "Lyon Saint Exupéry" and go to Part Dieu Railway by bus or train.

Part Dieu Railway is the main train station, in the center of the city. Saint Exupéry is the airport.

Salepate

Smash Cadet
PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN : http://ti.bug.free.fr/ssbm/
Note that for now, this is only for pre-registration. Confirmation will be later. Everything you put in now will be editable soon, but once you'll confirm your venue, it won't be anymore (which is NOT now). There will also be a housing section, where you'll be able to say if you need some, for how long, why, etc.

Lionman

Smash Champion
PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN : http://ti.bug.free.fr/ssbm/
Note that for now, this is only for pre-registration. Confirmation will be later. Everything you put in now will be editable soon, but once you'll confirm your venue, it won't be anymore (which is NOT now). There will also be a housing section, where you'll be able to say if you need some, for how long, why, etc.
I registered but there is a bug, because i mark Spain and that thing says that im from the UK

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Found round-trip flight tickets for 40€ to/from Marseille. The downside is the 35-hour wait in Glasgow, and it's the only "affordable" way home...
Since I still can't find those 11€ tickets from Grenoble... how much do you get from Marseille?

porc

Smash Journeyman
Since I still can't find those 11€ tickets from Grenoble... how much do you get from Marseille?
Sorry I forgot to tell you that the nearest train station from the venue is not in Lyon but in La Verpilliere. I guess that's why your tickets were a little more expensive.

I found a website in english : go to http://www.tgv-europe.com/.
Select Sweden.
Leaving from "GRENOBLE", going to "LA VERPILLIERE"
SEARCH.

And don't forget to put 12-25 years.

If it still doesn't work, feel free to contact me in private ;)

I edited the first post, and added informations on how to get to the venue.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
OK so train from Marseille is 25€ plus 3€ for the bus. Looks like I'll have to hope the Stockholm-London-Grenoble route gets cheaper. Much cheaper...

porc

Smash Journeyman
The statistics are a bit off though :p
Thanks, fixed !

Things you wrote in the "notes" section are lost though. If they were important (like "the tv I bring doesn't support 60hz" etc.) just put it here and we'll add it manually.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Just a quick question b4 i register

clicking that you will enter the brawl tournament doesnt have any bearing on how much you pay for the tournament right? ie. it wont cost me more to play melee and brawl than to just to play melee

just thought id make sure

edit: sorry, i just read that loong post a page or two back, i know the answer now :)

porc

Smash Journeyman
AvengerAngel : You can use the website even if you're not 100% sure to come. For now it's only Pre-registration. But, well... you know, pre-registering is a bit stronger than being interested. I guess that's up to you to decide whether you should pre-register or not.

Kira : You'll be able to edit details very soon.

thataintflaco1338

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I should be coming now I think, except I'll have a smaller amount of money now and I'll be staying for a shorter time. Amsah, wanna house me? :D

edit: wtf, why isn't russia on here? Blasphemy.

gheb, we down to **** in brawl?

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
according to the tsl4 website, brawl players are more reluctant to play melee than the other way around :D how lame lol. You should make it clear that you can attend every tournament when you pay for the tournament.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
according to the tsl4 website, brawl players are more reluctant to play melee than the other way around :D how lame lol. You should make it clear that you can attend every tournament when you pay for the tournament.
yep, maybe some don't know that you have to pay everything xD.

auroreon

Smash Ace
or maybe some of the brawlers would just really prefer to play brawl friendlies than play melee,
who knows eh?
I think your right. I know that I'm paying for both games but I just don't play Melee.

I have a NTSC copy of Brawl, would that be allowed or is it PAL copies only? NTSC and PAL are the same gameplay unlike Melee so would it be ok? Also, would we be allowed to use codes that don't effect gameplay at all, just stuff like infinite replays and tags in replays so I can save replays to upload later, nothing that changes the game in any way.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
My travel route:
Stockholm -> Düsseldorf (sleep at airport) -> London -> Grenoble
Grenoble -> London (sleep) -> Milan or Hamburg -> Stockholm
Total 35€ for 6 flights, I love Ryanair =)
There's another way home for 5€ less but 2 days later.

Hope I can trick someone into making this trip with me, not doing it alone.

I might also bring a Wii + Melee + Brawl, if I have time to build it inside my computer (very busy summer).

Any chance on getting someone to drive us from Grenoble on Aug 5th? Maybe even to the airport on the 10th? Can't be more expensive than the train... =)
We will also need housing from the 5th.

porc

Smash Journeyman

I have a NTSC copy of Brawl, would that be allowed or is it PAL copies only? NTSC and PAL are the same gameplay unlike Melee so would it be ok? Also, would we be allowed to use codes that don't effect gameplay at all, just stuff like infinite replays and tags in replays so I can save replays to upload later, nothing that changes the game in any way.

NTSC brawl is OK if you bring a wii that reads it.

You can use codes that don't change the gameplay. BUT, before each matches, both players will have to check if there isn't any weird codes. If such codes were discovered after a match, it would be too late.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
mm, I can bring my wii but it's broken and doesn't read dvds so I can only play with USB loader, is that fine?
( and I have to get melee in the USB yet :/ ).

plz everyone brining their wiis, homebrew channel and replay codes ! D:

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I'm using Flatmii on my Wii... don't know how the USB loader works, but if you need Melee on a USB memory, you can get it from me.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I have still to see if GC games work in the USB loader, well, I'll ask the one who installed it in my wii xD.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Not sure if its braking any rules talking about this... but I think GC backups work if you have installed a modified MIOS. Oh and Marcbri, I recently fixed my Wii that had the same problem (not reading discs), so if you want I can have a look at yours and see if I can find the fault, if your lucky then the laser just needs a clean which can be done very easily but otherwise it could be that you need to replace the laser (like mine) or it can be other more simple things... but opening it will void warranty if u still have warranty. I'll happily take a look if you want.

NTSC brawl is OK if you bring a wii that reads it.

You can use codes that don't change the gameplay. BUT, before each matches, both players will have to check if there isn't any weird codes. If such codes were discovered after a match, it would be too late.
Thats great thanks. I'll only be using codes like the extended replay ones. Maybe I'll show off some texture hacks.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
or maybe some of the brawlers would just really prefer to play brawl friendlies than play melee,
who knows eh?
As you wish, but I must say that in order to run the tournament as fast as we can, we'll probably use every TV. It would mean you wouldn't be able to play Brawl during the time needed for the Melee tournament (at least the pools). Same goes the other round, of course.

AJP : Great ! I'll see with the players of Grenoble if they come by car. I'm pretty sure they won't be arriving on the 5th, tough, but it could work for the 10th.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Not sure if its braking any rules talking about this... but I think GC backups work if you have installed a modified MIOS. Oh and Marcbri, I recently fixed my Wii that had the same problem (not reading discs), so if you want I can have a look at yours and see if I can find the fault, if your lucky then the laser just needs a clean which can be done very easily but otherwise it could be that you need to replace the laser (like mine) or it can be other more simple things... but opening it will void warranty if u still have warranty. I'll happily take a look if you want.

ah, don't need to, I'm fine with USB loader xD

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Not sure if its braking any rules talking about this...
If you're trying to get an illegal copy of a game then yeah...it can get you banned in no time. Especially if you do not own a legal copy of the game.

So if any of you guys where thinking about that, don't do it. Because I would have to ban you for a week. :( But I'm not an expert on the matter, so feel free to inform me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom