• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
what about using pound to get back to the stage from the ledge?
If you use it more than once it will be read by a good player, and you will be punished accordingly

If Marth he grabs you, he can choose to fthrow or dthrow, both of which he can tipper into depending on which way you DI and if he wavedashes. Once you get grabbed just choose one way to DI and hope it works. Try not to get grabbed

If you're playing a Marth who likes spacing fairs (most good Marths do this vs puff) then do the Mango strategy, which owns the crap out of those Marths

How to space:
If he in range to hit you, get out
If he delays himself with a move/wavedash/anything hit him and back out
If you can sneak in an attack then do so and get out

soap

Smash Hero
Hey all puffs I love the community here, you guys have given me inspiration to keep playing Jiggs even though my friends laugh at me :)

Jiggs forever!!
looooool

i wouln't laugh at u. But its funny that people do, and that u draw motivation from this thread which was abandoned by the OP

idea

Smash Master
i seem to be having the most trouble against marth/sheik

could you expand on those 2 matchups
(i have read the first page) but is there anything else? ^_^

also against sheik, if they decide to go onett on you, what are the chances of winning --
should i just use a different character if i know they are going to counterpick that?
anything on the course that a puff could take advantage of?
it seems like puff gets @#$%@ on onett, HARD
though maybe its just me. xD"
onett? who plays on onett <_< don't worry about that one, it's been banned in...every tournament after like 2006 =P i don't see why it would be so terrible for jiggs, anyway. try to stay in the middle, where their roll options are limited, and rest them out of it =D that's what i'd do. not that it would ever come up.

marth and sheik are basically both going to try to outspace you. so you have to be really careful about how you try to hit them. you can edgeguard both pretty well too. if either up-b's on stage (because you grabbed the edge on them), rest or bair.

what about using pound to get back to the stage from the ledge?
If you use it more than once it will be read by a good player, and you will be punished accordingly
pretty much =P try singhog, that seems to work pretty well if you sweetspot the edge with it.

that's how pound works in general. it's too slow, and only good for surprising people.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
looooool

i wouln't laugh at u. But its funny that people do, and that u draw motivation from this thread which was abandoned by the OP
Mango posted 1 page back with help... I wouldn't exactly call it 'abandoned'. ^_^

-

And yeah, QFT for what everyone said about Pound. I've gotten DD -> Usmashed many times by Fox for this mistake. But do try it out once in a while, considering it will knock them behind you, offstage, and set up for a nice edgeguard/WOP.

idea

Smash Master
you really have to mix it up with pound. it's too easy to punish if you miss.

for some reason, it seems to work well on marth. i really don't know why. and you have to be on top of them with it, not hoping they run into the extended hitbox like you would normally use pound. works less well if they're not approaching you =P

but mostly...use other moves.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Ive always found pound to be useful on characters with lower traction, like luigi and marth

i think it may be cos of the fact that theyre either hit by it, or they shield it and get pushed away, so its harder for them to punish

but still, kinda situational as a move

dudutsai

Smash Lord
If you can land it, pound is **** vs anyone

So I've been playing a lot of Marths, and I realized you have to change your style depending on what kind of Marth you're playing.... discuss

Tero.

Smash Champion
If you can land it, pound is **** vs anyone

So I've been playing a lot of Marths, and I realized you have to change your style depending on what kind of Marth you're playing.... discuss

This applies on ANY character in this game, not only Marth.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
- edgeguarding: grab edge, sheik up-b's on to the stage, you rest her in the lag. if you're not confident about hitting that (it is kind of weird) then bair.
Can't you just ledge hop -> Sing -> Rest? It sounds like it would work, and is safe.

Chasing people with Pound during combos is good. It comes out fast, and hits them (normally) behind you, leaving them (in most cases) DIing opposite to the direction they were hit, leading to longer combos.

I don't know if that works just against bad players, but it certainly works with me.

idea

Smash Master
- you probably could ledgehop sing to rest, if they're close enough. i'll have to try that...but i expect either they'll be too far and the sing will miss half the time, or they will be able to get up too quickly.

i forgot to mention, you could also get up and backthrow her. that's probably better than bair most of the time.

- yeah, most people don't DI pound that way =P most good players rarely get hit by it in the first place, and when they do they DI correctly or tech away and you can't chase them fast enough. pound is only good for combos and such if you hit them with the end of it. otherwise you'll still be in the lag from your own move while they're getting away.

also, overall, incorporating pound into your style too much will make puff slower. and she doesn't need to be any slower.

doomfact0r

Smash Rookie
Thanks guys, I gotta work on some of that stuff. Never really done much with nair outta shield o_O
And I'm finally getting the hang of uptilt -> rest, the uptilt can be hard to land but at low percentages it works pretty well on sheik at least :) I don't seem to have as much luck with uthrow on spacies.

As for samus, does her running attack/smashes really not give too much knockback when in shield to jump out and rest? I have to look into it, I haven't seen a shielded running attack -> jump rest in a video yet, but it sounds pretty good.

idea

Smash Master
samus' moves are just kind of slow and laggy overall. the thing on her dash attack works, i've done it myself and so have many others. it works exactly the same way on peach's dash attack. it took me a little to get the timing down but once you get it once it's hard to forget.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Mang0, I'm thinking about picking up either Falco or Jigglypuff. I currently main Marth and use Falcon for fun, but he's the closest thing I have to a secondary right now. I'm trying to replace him with someone that's actually going to help out. Which would you recommend? And if I were to pick up Puff, where do you think I should start?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Dear Mango,

Can you tell Norcal the secret to beating you? I promise we won't tell EC...is it double shots? energy drinks? I've tried all that already...T_T
the secret is that mango is 10 years old so if you put him near metal gear solid or its ilk, he'll instantly lose any interest in the smash tournament (unless ****-talk was involved) and want to play that more than smash and be completely content to throw winners and grand finals to whoever so long as he can blow peoples' heads up.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Dear people, just wait till Genesis, and Armada will show u guys how to beat Mang0.

See ya, have fun!

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Dear people, just wait till Genesis, and Armada will show u guys how to beat Mang0.

See ya, have fun!
Stop this Armada discussion and let's just see what happens.
Really. All this speculation is stupid. It's just going to cause more Europe vs US highschool drama and Mango's gonna get banned again. >_>

hey if hes not alive he cant make it 2 a tournament. huuuuh that givesd any1 an idea?
O_O Well that's rather... threatening. XD

the secret is that mango is 10 years old so if you put him near metal gear solid or its ilk, he'll instantly lose any interest in the smash tournament (unless ****-talk was involved) and want to play that more than smash and be completely content to throw winners and grand finals to whoever so long as he can blow peoples' heads up.
I lol'd.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Metal Slug you mean right??? **** I can't believe I didn't play that game.

idea

Smash Master
supposedly very good peach player from europe (france, more specifically? not sure). i can tell he's good, but i don't think he's US good.

however, accurate judgments cannot be made from videos alone, so we just have to wait and see.

Tero.

Smash Champion
supposedly very good peach player from europe (france, more specifically? not sure). i can tell he's good, but i don't think he's US good.

however, accurate judgments cannot be made from videos alone, so we just have to wait and see.

He's from Sweden and I'm quite sure he is US good.
I don't mean to say he'll place top, but he definitly can compete with any american player.

PB&J

Smash Hero
mango..i know u live mad far from the venue..i was going to come to cali early and just chill but forget it..ill just go the day before or something..oh and my puff is getting better..doesnt really rest..plays more like king combos.. i love puff combos..so fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom