• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
seems likely. my main reason not to was money, but i have enough of that now. we should really get our plane tickets and stuff soon, though, before they go up in price.

idea

Smash Master
that's cause your opponents aren't DIing things away =D

i mean. chances are. puff can't combo much if they keep DIing away. and when she can, she probably could have rested or edgeguarded them sooner <_<

lol post videos though, it's so fun to watch.

idea

Smash Master
only if it's in an interesting way.

like jab reset rest or techchase rest. predicting their techroll and resting them out of it is the best, though.

it's a lot more rewarding to take off a fox's stock with combos =)

...but in tournament when it's all intense, yeah, i'ma keep shieldgrabbing if i see you missing l-cancels on my shield <_<

idea

Smash Master
they're bound to miss one eventually =D

and i'm jigglypuff, they're not gonna punish me too much for it unless i do it predictably. and when i'm doing it predictably i generally stop.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
that's cause your opponents aren't DIing things away =D

i mean. chances are. puff can't combo much if they keep DIing away. and when she can, she probably could have rested or edgeguarded them sooner <_<

lol post videos though, it's so fun to watch.
This is so true you really know your Puff I have a lot of respect for your opinions

i'm getting kind of tired of that move.
It's a joke get it

idea

Smash Master
LOL k. yeah, sorry, it really did.

oh, hey, that means you complimented me. thanks =)

...i was kind of looking forward to my first internet argument, though. people never really get mad at me =P

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i will destroy you jigglies and your mango god

muahaha you thought i was joking

just kidding <3

beat those spacies

but if i ever fight you

no mercy :D

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
i will destroy you jigglies and your mango god

muahaha you thought i was joking

just kidding <3

beat those spacies

but if i ever fight you

no mercy :D
FLOATIES ALL DAI<3

Speaking of Samus, who else finds it hilarious to float into her bombs and watch her fail at recovering? ^_^

PB&J

Smash Hero
mango i like the jiggs marth match up now intil i get back throw to **** so teach me the ways of the wind on that match up and i dont want anybody else replying besides mango..since this is his thread and all..i know he reads it

PB&J

Smash Hero
i disagree
there is hbox soft,darc,king is playing again..not top 5 but chexr is beast though he destoyed me at fast1 with luigi ...there are a fewother puffs out there too but i know these are def top five right now

of course mango is number 1

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i think Chexr is up there, although i admit i haven't played many other puffs as good as his. he got 2-0'd by darkrain at E52 but his CP was super close. Darkrain made a comeback on him, and chexr messed up on a lot of easy stuff. idk if he's top 5 or not, but he's **** good ;)

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Mango/King/Idea, when would you use Dair/Pound?

I know you can Dair from the edge to get onto the stage, and pound for some combos. What other applications are there?

HT F8

Hostile Takeover

I know you can Dair from the edge to get onto the stage, and pound for some combos. What other applications are there?
I'm not any of them but uh yeah...

Pound -> Rest if they DI the pound wrong

Pound is good if say you're far offstage and your opponent is closer to the stage, pound hits and sends them backwards, i.e. farther away from the stage.

I personally use Dair to get back to the stage if someone's under me, since it seems like Dair beats a lottttt of moves.

Dair -> Rest... I can't really do it but yeah... it's hard.

Please add anything I missed guys. ^^

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I'm not Mango/King/Idea/(Hbox)/(Darc)

Obviously

My advice on pound. Don't use it, until you master everything else. After talking to Mango and Hungrybox about playing in tournaments, the response I get the most often from both of them is that they lose their matches because they use pound.

Obviously pound is a great move IF IT LANDS, but until you learn how to use everything else, try not to succumb to your bad habit of using it, because that will only worsen your habit, and you WILL get punished badly for it in tournaments.

I feel bad not mentioning this, because I have heard this multiple times, but completely opposite to what I said before, Hungrybox continuously insists that pound ***** when techchasing....

idea

Smash Master

I'm not any of them but uh yeah...

Pound -> Rest if they DI the pound wrong

Pound is good if say you're far offstage and your opponent is closer to the stage, pound hits and sends them backwards, i.e. farther away from the stage.

I personally use Dair to get back to the stage if someone's under me, since it seems like Dair beats a lottttt of moves.

Dair -> Rest... I can't really do it but yeah... it's hard.

Please add anything I missed guys. ^^
I'm not Mango/King/Idea/(Hbox)/(Darc)

Obviously

My advice on pound. Don't use it, until you master everything else. After talking to Mango and Hungrybox about playing in tournaments, the response I get the most often from both of them is that they lose their matches because they use pound.

Obviously pound is a great move IF IT LANDS, but until you learn how to use everything else, try not to succumb to your bad habit of using it, because that will only worsen your habit, and you WILL get punished badly for it in tournaments.

I feel bad not mentioning this, because I have heard this multiple times, but completely opposite to what I said before, Hungrybox continuously insists that pound ***** when techchasing....
pound *****. If they are already commited to an action that u know pound will outprioritize, *pound*

so gay

=D you asked me specifically? lol, i really shouldn't be put next to those names

but anyway

always the weird moves in this thread. besides fair and bair and rest i think her other moves are matchup specific. dair i don't use much cause i can never l-cancel it properly =P but if you hit with it somewhere near the end you can grab them with it. there are videos of sliq and hbox doing that in matches. and jigglypuff grabs are generally really good.

and...definitely for the first part, try to hit with the end of her feet coming from above. just spacing there. hitting while being as far away as possible. lol, sometimes i autocancel dairs and go from there. i'm not sure if this is good or not but if it stops working i'll stop doing it <_< i usually forget to do complicated things anyway.

most often i use dair to mix up on recovery. coming from above the person will probably think they can hit you, but yeah, dair has pretty good priority. you still have to not be predictable about it, though.

oh yeah, and dair rest, but if anyone can get that reliably in tourney play they'll be the first.

pound...i agree with soap. when they've made themselves vulnerable enough that there's a reasonable chance of hitting with it. i can hit marths with pound for some reason, if they don't retreat with aerials the whole time. actually i don't play any marths who do that so maybe it would work anyway.

but yeah, like dudutsai said. pound is not that good. it's a really unreliable move. if you're playing, say, a fox, who is really afraid of getting rested or some other stupid crap, they'll be waiting for ANY opportunity to hit you. so when you pound, they'll be thinking "alright, free hit" and run under you and upsmash. (they'd run under, because if you pound straight at them they'll probably jump on top of you with aerials...so angled up is usually better, but still bad)

i guess hbox can explain why he likes it so much for techchasing. i usually fair or nair in those cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom