• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
elaborate. i thought rest was the same no matter how you hit it.
ya, me too. but sometimes its just *pew* and they fly no further than a fsmash knockback. and most of the time its the real rest.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
You can SDI rests. Its pretty gay, but it works.

I only singhog against Marth to get the edge and to keep my invincibility frames. Is there any other use for this?

idea

Smash Master
i use singhog a lot to grab the edge too. seems to be the best way to get past edgeguarding with ground moves (so mostly marth's dtilt and fsmash). even on a diagonal, it grabs from far enough away that you can get back to the edge more easily a lot of the time.

and then there's that sliq edgeguard someone posted. i usually don't do that, but i edgehogged stos' link with it once =P i imagine it'd be pretty useful to be able to do that on command.

edit: i was watching king vs. azen today and noticed two interesting things he did.

1. crouched under marth's getup attack. pretty sure that was a fluke...he was pretty close to him too.

2. to edgeguard, as marth was falling down to up-b, king moved away from the edge and pounded toward it...sending azen far back enough that he couldn't recover.

the first one sounds impossible to duplicate and the second sounds very situational, since they could usually DI it. but anyway, thoughts?

idea

Smash Master
really? i was doubting its usefulness as i started typing that. good to know.

what about vs...sheik? and how good is it normally vs. marth? i know falco gets destroyed offstage by pretty much anything...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Use pound on falling people, like a bair happy Falco

idea

Smash Master
Don't use pound to approach. Use it VERY randomly, like after a tech chase.

Use aerials to approach - NEVER use pound. (at least against high teirs)
you use it too much against colbol ;)

oh yeah, no one answered me before...when marth fthrows you...does the way you should DI it change after certain %s? cause usually i DI away and down, but it seems like sometimes it would have been better to aim for the weak part of fmash.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
you use it too much against colbol ;)

oh yeah, no one answered me before...when marth fthrows you...does the way you should DI it change after certain %s? cause usually i DI away and down, but it seems like sometimes it would have been better to aim for the weak part of fmash.
Notice how i posted this AFTER tipped off 4. Learn from your mistakes, gah.

Plus, i've been playing colbol for a while now. Due to his style he becomes very open to get hit by pound. But regardless, i shouldn't have used it not nearly as much as i did.

In other news, marth is my best matchup ;D

idea

Smash Master
if you've stopped doing that then good. i guess i haven't seen those videos. :)

since it's your best matchup...what do you do when he fthrows you?

Jagg

Smash Journeyman
what about vs...sheik? and how good is it normally vs. marth? i know falco gets destroyed offstage by pretty much anything...
if you're edgeguarding sheik just ask yourself if it will keep her off the stage and let you grab the edge when you need to lolz

on marth idk there's probably gayer stuff but i don't see why it wouldn't work if they're at a percent where they can be bair comboed after and killed

hungrybox

Smash Legend
if you've stopped doing that then good. i guess i haven't seen those videos. :)

since it's your best matchup...what do you do when he fthrows you?
DI towards him usually and take the weak hit.

But in most cases he SHOULDN'T grab you because you're a good boy and you know to play with the most beautiful combo in the game -

crouch to rest.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
DI towards him usually and take the weak hit.

But in most cases he SHOULDN'T grab you because you're a good boy and you know to play with the most beautiful combo in the game -

crouch to rest.
Can't he just not JC the grab and it'll go through?

idea

Smash Master
the only one i've never had grab me while crouching is falcon. sheik and marth can both grab you if they know how...i'm not sure exactly, but i think you have to grab at a certain point of both their dash grabs. pretty sure for marth it's his dash grab, but ask someone else for sheik.

the marths i play are generally pretty knowledgeable about this game so they'll know more about what they can do to jiggs than i will X_X but i really should crouch more against people anyway. sometimes i forget it's better than my shield.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
you gotta get into their sheild, THEN crouch. It's really hard to grab jiggs from that...

but yeah, that works for most of the human characters. You can crouch marth, sheik, falcon, ganon, etc.

If you don't feel confident in resting, crouch, then grab, as in quickly release the crouch and grab before the animation for your opponent's grab is complete.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i just picked up J-puff again (and about everyone else) and do you have to L cancel anything because before i wasn't super advanced as J-puff and is there a good reason why J-puff ***** the hardest in the game other than maybe IC's grab combos?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
l-cancel everything.

use nair, bair, and fair.

get grabs, crouches, uptilts, aerials to lead into rest.

Rest whenever YOU feel comfortable doing it. If you know your method is wrong, I would reccomend doing it after crouching grabs, uthrow on spacies, uptilt on semi-floaties (peach ie), upair on fast fallers, crouching into someone's tech, and after sheilidng a close smash attack.

Approach with aerials like nair, NOT pound. Use pound to recover, or use it @ REALLY random times.

Randomly doing rollout is also good, but no more than once or twice a match.

Make yourself intimidating. Figure out how to use rest effectively, or play more conservitavely and focus on edgeguarding your opopnent with different aerial patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom