• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahone

Smash Champion
So when fox upthrow upairs you, when do you smashdi the way hes facing and when do you smashdi away from where he is facing. I have read kirbykaze's thing, but i feel like i see hbox and mango smashdi the same way fox is facing sometimes.

idea

Smash Master
you only SMASH di once. you di regularly one way, then smash DI the opposite way.

fox runs at you from your left. he grabs you and upthrows. you DI left and go behind him. he runs left and upairs. you smash DI right as the first hit of upair hits you.

what i'm curious about is how it works with smash DIing fox's upair UP. because that can happen, i've seen it before in a bunch of videos...and sometimes i'll get hit by upair when i think i have time to jump but actually can't, and the end result is smash DIing it upward and surviving. i've never really heard anyone discuss this, though.

Mahone

Smash Champion
you only SMASH di once. you di regularly one way, then smash DI the opposite way.

fox runs at you from your left. he grabs you and upthrows. you DI left and go behind him. he runs left and upairs. you smash DI right as the first hit of upair hits you.

what i'm curious about is how it works with smash DIing fox's upair UP. because that can happen, i've seen it before in a bunch of videos...and sometimes i'll get hit by upair when i think i have time to jump but actually can't, and the end result is smash DIing it upward and surviving. i've never really heard anyone discuss this, though.
Ya i no you only smashdi once, i was asking in what situations should you smashdi behind him and what situations should you smash di the same way, because that seems to work as well.

mers

Smash Ace
You SDI the opposite direction that you DIed because Fox is moving to catch up to your DI, so if you SDI opposite to his direction of horizontal movement its easier to escape the second hit. SDI up can work, its a good option whenever you know Fox is at the limit of his jumps to get to you.

SDI the same way could also work, but you're much more likely to move "with" Fox and so stay inside his hitbox for the second hit.

idea

Smash Master
smash DI away from the second hit of upair. only the second hit is strong, so the whole point of smash DIing anything in that scenario is to get away from that leg.

the reason the direction of your smash DI ever changes is that fox's upair is different depending on which way he's facing. if he runs at you left, the first hit comes out on his right side, and the second on his left side.

so uh...always SDI opposite the direction he was running at you.

aka.carpet003

Smash Cadet
when you have to land on the ground what attacks should you use? I know that Jigglypuff is usually in the air, but if you get forced to land and the opponent is really close to you what should you do?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I just watched p4 top 48 and holy **** darc is ****ing cute.

>_>

<_<

carry on.

aka.carpet003

Smash Cadet
does anybody know some combos I can practice? I'm trying to get used to continually being in the air, but also being able to fight on the ground when I have to!

SDC

Smash Lord
does anybody know some combos I can practice? I'm trying to get used to continually being in the air, but also being able to fight on the ground when I have to!
Best combo in the game: bair --> bair --> bair

But seriously, for me jiggz is all about feel, reaction, and creativity. Just make it up as you go along. You can try for upthrow, and if they DI it wrong, upair, uptilt, upsmash maybe, then another upair or bair, mix it up, experiment with it, figure out which moves work best at which percents. Move choice is important with jiggz, so learn which move works best for each situation and percent.

But seriouslyer, bair --> bair --> bair = raep

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Falcons have been starting to punish rest with Dair -> Dair because it does ~35% damage.
So what do you do?
Meteor Cancel -> Rest.

The most hilarious and amazing thing EVER.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
But seriously, for me jiggz is all about feel, reaction, and creativity. Just make it up as you go along. You can try for upthrow, and if they DI it wrong, upair, uptilt, upsmash maybe, then another upair or bair, mix it up, experiment with it, figure out which moves work best at which percents. Move choice is important with jiggz, so learn which move works best for each situation and percent.
what.

if you're going to upthrow anyone, you should go for either a rest, or for them to tech on a platform and rest. never upair uptilt upsmash. thats just... silly.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Well, if you think you only have the option of u-tilting, that usually leads into a rest at mid-ish percentages (depending on weight/floatiness).

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I just wanted to say that, after seeing Mango's interview from ROM (yes, kinda late, I know), I've changed my opinion of him from mad **** to mad cute. P: No homo.

SDC

Smash Lord
what.

if you're going to upthrow anyone, you should go for either a rest, or for them to tech on a platform and rest. never upair uptilt upsmash. thats just... silly.
Dude, I wasn't saying "use those moves in that order" I was saying that he should use whatever move works best in that situation, whether it be utilt, upsmash, etc.

Everyone knows that **** wouldn't chain. <_<

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Dude, I wasn't saying "use those moves in that order" I was saying that he should use whatever move works best in that situation, whether it be utilt, upsmash, etc.

Everyone knows that **** wouldn't chain. <_<
okay, good, I was worried you were stupid enough to say that.

Mahone

Smash Champion
what.

Stop trying to sound like you know **** and his post was stupid, you are just embarrassing yourself since you are wrong.

Even though there are plenty of examples of why you are wrong, i will give you a simple one....

You are down a stock and cannot rest because you are at high percent and they can come back and kill you.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
let it die, I misunderstood his post.

also, congratulations, you proved me wrong. get over it.

SDC

Smash Lord
Stop trying to sound like you know **** and his post was stupid, you are just embarrassing yourself since you are wrong.

Even though there are plenty of examples of why you are wrong, i will give you a simple one....

You are down a stock and cannot rest because you are at high percent and they can come back and kill you.
True, there are some rare situations in which you want to Upsmash/Fsmash instead of rest. At high percent and down multiple stocks is one.

I really don't care lol. Let there be peace in the jiggz community. =3

@Mahone: Your avi frightens and repulses me. Keep it. =P

Mahone

Smash Champion

Ya its fine, i only got upset because you said his post was silly and stupid, next time i suggest being informative without the attitude, and i'll try to do the same.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
u-throw > rest when viable

WoP

n-air ***** all recoveries, imo

hbox would say: b-air more.

first post mango says:
- Nair Fsmash Works Great
- Fair Spam IS great here

Just saying the basic stuff, here.

j00t

Smash Champion
Falcons have been starting to punish rest with Dair -> Dair because it does ~35% damage.
So what do you do?
Meteor Cancel -> Rest.

The most hilarious and amazing thing EVER.
Or you could just stomp -> uair -> uair

I'm here to wreak havoc among the Jiggs boards

mwahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom