• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahone

Smash Champion
so uh do the puff boards ever talk about anything besides whether or not jab -> rest is a combo? cause everyone else knows it's not....
Ya dude, we get to the real issues like Geraldo, such as WHAT THROW TO USE IN A GOD**** PUFF DITTO!!!

So a good question i guess, which secondary do you guys think is the best for jiggs, assuming i have don't have any special matchup needs (i.e. I'm bad against sheik). I'm getting tired of playing around with a bunch of characters as my secondary, i wanna get good with one.

SDC

Smash Lord
I'd say marth. He's another character that, like puff, relies heavily on spacing ariels. You have the same gimping power, you have fsmash, counter, combos, a reasonably strong recovery, and instead of broken-*** bair you have broken-*** fair.

EDIT: Is Mango going to APEX?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
So i did Jab Rest to IHaveSpaceBalls in tourney, get at me =), I barely lost the set though
I think i know how it works too. I believe its by listening to or watching SpaceBalls mashing a ton of buttons right when you jab then rest. >_>

GGs to IHSB if he name searches.

BunBun

Smash Master
lol I heard about that. I asked IHSB if it combo'd and he goes "It does on me" xD

Annnn Daaaaaa Leeeeeeeh, let's actually play outside of teams next tournament.

SDC

Smash Lord
I think jab --> rest is more of a mindgame combo, and not really an actual combo. Still looks mad **** though..

And Hbox, don't worry man, we'll see how APEX's grand finals puff dittos goes. Might swing the other way this time.
Speaking of GF puff dittos, I can't wait till that **** happens. Two major tourneys with puff dittos GF?? The MBR would literally **** themselves to death. xD

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
is ther a way to get out of being perpetually put to sleep by a ledge stalling jiglypuff?
no

don't get caught in the first place

otherwise u lose

doesn't matter how fast you struggle at 0; there are wake up frames it's not like just getting out of a shield break or anything you are guaranteed to be stunned for quite a while while put to sleep

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
marth is a bad choice for a secondary for jiggs. marth is a fundamentally flawed character because he relies on his opponents making mistakes and then punishing those mistakes. jiggs is a fundamentally solid character who can use her excellent mobility and moveset to prey on opponents' weaknesses, create spacial advantages, etc. switching from a sound character to an unsound one would just be frustrating i would think. as a fox/falco player i find playing marth very frustrating.

also infinite sleep is lame anyway. just sleep them a few times to make sure they realize what they got themselves into and then rest.

boss8

Smash Hero
marth is a bad choice for a secondary for jiggs. marth is a fundamentally flawed character because he relies on his opponents making mistakes and then punishing those mistakes. jiggs is a fundamentally solid character who can use her excellent mobility and moveset to prey on opponents' weaknesses, create spacial advantages, etc. switching from a sound character to an unsound one would just be frustrating i would think. as a fox/falco player i find playing marth very frustrating.

also infinite sleep is lame anyway. just sleep them a few times to make sure they realize what they got themselves into and then rest.
stop trolling lolololol

-Mahone

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
jiggs is a fundamentally solid character who can use her excellent mobility and moveset to prey on opponents' weaknesses, create spacial advantages, etc.
10/10 would be trolled again.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
1) however you want. personally, I use the c-stick, but hbox uses Z.
2) around her eyes I think?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I use A usually, tbo, its all personal preference, do w/e feels good

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
I use c-stick because I like it like that, but A is a very logical approach, imo, if you're WoP'ing; you're going in the direction of the enemy so pressing that direction + A will give you a good aerial to WoP him. But I changed this for whatever reason whenever I use Jiggs P:

aka.carpet003

Smash Cadet
suckish rookie alert: don't flame me please!

when do i rest?! I have such a hard time trying to land a hit! also: how fast/effective is Jigglypuff's fsmash?

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Rest when you know you can. Don't go for a rest unless you think you're going to get it or if, by whiffing, you can't be punished too hard. And Jigg's f-smash is maybe your best straight-up kill move besides the rest; most of Jigg's attacks lack the power to knock enemies off-stage. The b-air is great and all, but it doesn't have as much KB as the f-smash. But you have to f-smash well considering there's a good amount of start-up and ending lag.

idea

Smash Master
suckish rookie alert: don't flame me please!

when do i rest?! I have such a hard time trying to land a hit! also: how fast/effective is Jigglypuff's fsmash?
- after upair or uptilt on heavy characters, upthrow on fox or falco, after crouching under something (especially grab) on certain specific characters (e.g. sheik), when samus or peach dash attack your shield, and in general when you are on top of them and want them to die

- pretty good. it's probably stronger than most fsmashes and iirc is one of the fastest fsmashes in the game. it's good to use for edgeguarding sometimes, after crouch canceling a weak move, for techchasing sometimes, and...i dunno, that's all that comes to mind right now.

anyway, most of that was too specific...rest after hitting heavy people upwards, and yes fsmash is good.

SDC

Smash Lord
Speaking of where and how to rest, how would you perform guranteed rests on Marth and sheik? I've noticed that these two, outside of fox, are jiggz' two most frequently chosen counterpicks. What ways do you set up a guaranteed rest on Marth and Sheik?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
sheik: uptilt to rest or uair to rest, crouching under grab to rest is **** too.
marth: uh, the two above if you're lucky to get them, but the only real times you should get rests in this matchup is resting after forcing onstage recovery or crouching under grab to rest.

boss8

Smash Hero
sheik is easy, uptilt, upair, pound, if the misspace an aerial on your sheild, edgehog and then punish landing lag, if you crouch you can rest her jab, grab, ftilt, uptilt(i think), dash attack poorly spaced, dash attack oos if poorly spaced, i have heard u can rest a misspaced dwnsmash but i dunno about that one, probably crouch canceled fsmash, if she transforms into zelda....

marth is hard, uptilt and upair are weird, im not really sure exactly when it will work, i have just gotten a feel for it, i think it has to do with him not having a jump and stuff, fallin upair is alot better, edgehog to rest the lag, poorly spaced fsmash oos, poorly spaced dsmash oos, if you crouch, if he grabs or uptilts you rest

Also there are the general ones that work on everyone, dwntrhow can lead to platform techchase rests on both, nair rest and dair rest work on both, but i really like it against sheik because she cant punish well if you miss and if you mess up u still might get the rest if you hold down (you didnt combo the nair to the rest, but you autocanceled the nair and are crouching and then she will usually do something on the list above)

This is not a complete list, i just gave mostly the ones i thought were useful (i mean technically you can rest both of their taunts....)

-Mahone

idea

Smash Master
lol, jiggs beats marth and sheik :bee: that's not much of a counter.

marth...you can crouch under, afaik, all his grabs except his dashing one. and even assuming the marth knows this, it seems hard to space it correctly, so eventually, they are going to grab, and you can crouch and rest them off it. falling upair also works on marth, and uptilt in general, but both not as easily as on sheik.

so sheik. crouch almost anything she does and you can rest <_< it's really stupid, actually. but most of them are situational or require somewhat poor spacing on her part...umm...i find myself crouch-resting her grab more than other things, but it works pretty well on dash attack, ftilt, and if they accidentally fsmash. or...accidentally choose to dair. but also like, fair, jab. lol

and upair/uptilt work really well on her. they're not easy to hit, but once you do she's just in stun for longer than you'd expect. oh, and then there's the best one, grab edge and rest her when she up-b's onstage. which also works on marth.

^and yeah, platform techchases. i love those. and dthrow so often puts marth and sheik on a platform when they DI away. in at least sheik's case, even when she DIs in you can rest her off dthrow.

this isn't even counting rest out of shield :laugh:

oh, so uh, TL:DR; crouch a lot and force them to recover onstage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom