• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
oh, if they DI away, never. dthrow is mostly useful for forcing people onto a platform, at which point you can often react to their tech options with rest.

if they DI on top of you...i think it works on sheik at low percent (<20% maybe?). and probably on fox and falco at mid percents...maybe falcon...dunno about anyone else.

aka.carpet003

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! I need wall of pain tips! for some reason it's really hard for me to get bairs to land c0onsecutively, maybe I'm too close to the opponent? I dunno, please help!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
hey is there any reason why I can't hit puff once and run around KJ64 forever? it takes 3 jumps for her to to reach one of the platforms at the top so when she starts jumping up she can't follow you when you jump across to the other platform. if she jumps over there everyone can fall faster than puff and beat her to the bottom and run to the other side, but if she trys to block your way from going there go jump back up.

if she's right below to dair most dairs should outrange her upair. plus if you have projectiles spam them as you go through the air to slow her down more.

I play really gay at times. but is there anything I may want to watch out for? I didn't really see any problems with it but I want to check.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yes I am but come on pichu has to get something gay i've been looking for a reatrded camping tactic as pichu and this one feels legit to me. also being chased through the center I could thunder so they flaot right into it like a tard. thunder mindgames are the meanest mindgames in all of smash cause you feel so dumb for running into it and sometimes it can set up a combo as pichu as dumbd as it sounds. thunder combos.

also if someone saw that pile of gayness they wouldn't want to ban puff and I love fighting against puffs.

Tamoo

Smash Master
hey is there any reason why I can't hit puff once and run around KJ64 forever? it takes 3 jumps for her to to reach one of the platforms at the top so when she starts jumping up she can't follow you when you jump across to the other platform. if she jumps over there everyone can fall faster than puff and beat her to the bottom and run to the other side, but if she trys to block your way from going there go jump back up.

if she's right below to dair most dairs should outrange her upair. plus if you have projectiles spam them as you go through the air to slow her down more.

I play really gay at times. but is there anything I may want to watch out for? I didn't really see any problems with it but I want to check.
This is why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZEkC7p-hVo&feature=related

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu can't be comboed like a FFer non edge gaurded and if I get rested pichu has great punishment. so when I make a mistake I will be punished less for it. plus faab made some dumb mistakes and pichu has better air and ground speed than falco and faab took a decent amount of unneeded risks mostly when he lasered when he wasn't going to hit anything and not waiting for the inv. frames to end for himself.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yes that's the answer I wanted to hear i've done a fair amount of testing also. because you see if puff bans KJ64 she can't also ban PS .

they told me I was mad for trying to out camp puff with pichu but who's mad now?

idea

Smash Master
avoid projectiles, mainly. otherwise bair and fair. and if you rest him once you win. try to duck under any grabs he might do and avoid up-b's, those are both easily punishable by rest.

link is kind of hard to edgeguard but in general try to hit him with bair or fair before he can start his up-b. and if he hookshots then i guess just jump down and hit him out of that, and hope he doesn't tech the stage =P i dunno, i don't have a good strategy for edgeguarding him. sliq once told me to grab the edge and fall off with reverse fair.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
How am I supposed to DI falcon's up air at low/mid %? Is it supposed to be down and away at low % and up and away at mid? (and can the same be said for n air?)

Also, how am I supposed to DI falco's up throw? I've just been trying to hold up and try to SDI the lasers, but my friend who plays falco says it's just better to DI behind.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Nair you can sometimes dodge the second hit by DIing up and the second foot not brushing you for some stupid reason, otherwise away

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Away DI isn't correct 100% of the time for the uber floaties.

Survival DI will get you out if they are trying to combo with SH uair at mid percents. It loses to the FJ uair -> DJ knee though.

I mean yeah, usually you want to DI down + away, but in some situations survival DI is fine/better.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
what frame did melee Jigglypuff's f-smash hit on? Actually, is there a post with all her frame data... im curious to how severe the nerfs were in the transition to brawl

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
shield lol.

be very patient, crouch if you think he's going to grab you.. and yeah, as soon he hits your shield and it's not spaced -> go, hit him!

and yeah, if f-smash is not tipper and hits your shield... be grateful and rest him.

as mango said: use your shield

my problems:

very very very campy fox, dealing with his nair, random up-airs..which actually hit >_>

spacing bairs from falco, either trading hits.. or just getting hitted... halp?

hamonyou

Smash Cadet
space your own bairs vs falco and just go down on him from above to avoid his lasers. and theres a super campy fox that i play alot and pretty much just try and dodge some lasers if you can and force him into sheild and grab and try to hit him out of his camp, and crouch cause that helps you dodge lasers

idea

Smash Master
ಠ_ಠ

he has a sword and stuff!

and, i didn't know size could go above 7.

what frame did melee Jigglypuff's f-smash hit on? Actually, is there a post with all her frame data...im curious to how severe the nerfs were in the transition to brawl
i think it comes out on 10. frame data mysteriously isn't on my computer since it was last formatted.

and get rid of that past tense, jigglypuff doesn't have any plans to stop fsmashing *****es ;)

what is easiest and safest way to approach marth? he is weird to play against.
crouch, shield, those + wavedashing. try to get underneath him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom