• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
I would assume to give them less time to react and DI properly, since they both know puff so well, theyre gonna know which throw is best to use and how to DI it to escape the extra 12 damage they would receive from an aerial.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
B-throw in Puff ditto near the edge and then grab the edge immediately with WD FF if they DI away and then just do invincible aerials on them to rack damage.

If they DI in, put up shield and if they Pound then do something OoS to punish and otherwise grab the edge with WD FF and then do invincible aerials, or just Bair OoS somewhere if they float with Fair or something else that's completely stupid.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
B-throw in Puff ditto near the edge and then grab the edge immediately with WD FF if they DI away and then just do invincible aerials on them to rack damage.

If they DI in, put up shield and if they Pound then do something OoS to punish and otherwise grab the edge with WD FF and then do invincible aerials, or just Bair OoS somewhere if they float with Fair or something else that's completely stupid.
Couldn't you just jump over 'em?

Mahone

Smash Champion
Is this true? I would guess there's not a huge strategic advantage in puff dittos. I figured up and forward throw were used for the higher damage. Btw, about hbox vs. mango, why didn't either one do hits after grabbing and before throwing? I'm going based on memory here but I don't ever recall it being used.

edit:

Is this a joke? :p
no its not true that guy is just trolling.

I dont think there is really a reason for not jabbing, they probably didnt want to even have to think about when the other player could mash out cuz it would of only been another couple percent in a puff ditto, so they just wanted to make sure they got the throw out.

I dont think he thinks its a joke, but ya it is a joke.

Probably because it's the only throw which establishes a positional advantage.
Which throw are u talking about? i mean none of them give enuff of a advantage to be relevant.

I really dont think this is true, they can just jump back once and be out of range of everything, i think if you are at the edge you should bthrow because its better than the other throws, but its not as good as ur making it sound.

Couldn't you just jump over 'em?
Yes, i mean i havent tested it but i have played alot of puff dittos cuz people get mad a tournies and puff ditto me and then i three stock them like mango lol. (Hungrybox, you stole my five dollars i didnt forget our best of 5 puff dittos that i have been training for)

I personally downthrow cuz all the other throws send them too far and make the game take longer since no real advantage is made and also dthrow cuz it looks like ur ****** them so its a psychological edge.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Puff's uthrow does the most damage, doesn't it? Anyway, in Puff dittos, Mango tends to uthrow, while Hbox seems to favor bthrow. I guess it depends on what you're trying to accomplish, though.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i was just playing soft's puff..his puff is getting so good..him vs my fox go dead even and i must say..like i always said since the very beginning ..i love fighting against jiggs ..i love playing jiggs(even though i suk with her) i have respect for u puff mains..i just watched like all of king's combo vids..why dont people combo like him any more...at least in friendlies that is..we all know people just want to rest in tourny these days..

hbox's puff has some good pivot grab mind games

mango -play more puff..i like watching it

darc-come to the south and tram with me..yup yup

and more ****

idea

Smash Master
yay, i have some good videos up for once =D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10500873#post10500873

feel free to critique. mainly i'm just glad i have some good matches out there, lol.

(most of the tourney was recorded regularly, but the last part wasn't by accident, so all the interesting matches are from justin.tv. fortunately the quality is really good.)

oh, and watch all the other mathces too. there were a lot of great sets at this tourney.

Mahone

Smash Champion
i was just playing soft's puff..his puff is getting so good..him vs my fox go dead even and i must say..like i always said since the very beginning ..i love fighting against jiggs ..i love playing jiggs(even though i suk with her) i have respect for u puff mains..i just watched like all of king's combo vids..why dont people combo like him any more...at least in friendlies that is..we all know people just want to rest in tourny these days..

hbox's puff has some good pivot grab mind games

mango -play more puff..i like watching it

darc-come to the south and tram with me..yup yup

and more ****

Thank you for not hating puff and claiming she is broken, I appreciate it.

PB&J

Smash Hero
there are alot of characters in this game that are broken but they all have a weakness or more than one..so many styles against her people thinking running away is the safest way but i think jiggs is the one thats has to retreat alot but ..yeah..i like puff...shes cool

Mahone

Smash Champion
hey guys, i was wondering who u think is a good secondary for my jiggs. Before you make your decision, i dont have problems with fox, i think my worst matchups are marth, sheik (i no, im a scrub), and falcon (again i no im suppose to win)

Thanks in advance

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
hey guys, i was wondering who u think is a good secondary for my jiggs. Before you make your decision, i dont have problems with fox, i think my worst matchups are marth, sheik (i no, im a scrub), and falcon (again i no im suppose to win)

Thanks in advance
sheik gives you a big advantage over falcon, a simple game against marth although I think the advantage is overstated, and when you stop being a scrub you wont need a secondary for sheik.

also then i get sheik practice next year :laugh:

anyway on to the topic you silly puffs will find more interesting: basically, magus established in another thread a while ago that DIing down doesn't actually work. marth can fthrow -> pivot fsmash you up to about 80% and fthrow -> wd fsmash you after that.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10481590&postcount=5899 and then because magus is amazing
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10484407&postcount=5905

so basically you can get out of marth throw -> smash with down DI until they start learning to pivot.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
phantom hit rest. phantom hit = when you're one pixel off from hitting the move. it has no knockback but does half of its usual % damage, for some reason.
I guessed that, but that orange splash threw me off so I was liek wut

mers

Smash Ace
do jab rests work on everyone at anytime?
and i mean going from a jab directly into a rest
No, they work at low percents only. At medium percents, the jab still allows them to roll or getup attack.

Plus, most people Smash DI the jab now so they pop up off the ground. Its fairly easy.

But, if you get them to stand, or possibly predict their roll behind you, you can rest.

Mahone

Smash Champion
do jab rests work on everyone at anytime?
and i mean going from a jab directly into a rest
No, that doesn't ever work, thats just something hbox does to
show people how much better he is than them, basically you are
just jabbing them and then hoping they don't react in time, since
they are so confused from the jab.

mers

Smash Ace
Oops I read "jab reset" my bad.

I'm a dummy.

But the reason jab rest works is that many players reflexively roll/spotdodge/jump away after the jab as soon as they can escape. The rest hits out of the vulnerable startup frames or the beginning of the jump, making your opponent look dumb.

mers

Smash Ace
I was confused because you said it can combo into rest.

That's interesting though, it doesn't require puff to move after the jab. As long as the player doesn't shield, it seems like you could rest them.

Setting up a pivot jab against an unshielding opponent doesn't seem very easy though.

Mahone

Smash Champion

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
so uh do the puff boards ever talk about anything besides whether or not jab -> rest is a combo? cause everyone else knows it's not....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom