• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i CANT W8!
i wanna see some dj game play. but i predict we will see that soon enough
SFIV was really well balanced aside from maybe Sagat
sagat is pretty well balanced he is just strong

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah obviously. I'm just concerned that with 35 characters there might be more balance issues. SFIV was really well balanced aside from maybe Sagat and it seems like in most games more characters=less balance, so I hope Capcom is sure of what they're doing here.
We'll have to wait and see, but I trust Capcom more so than GameArts for balancing a fighting game. All I can say is that if SSF4 is a relatively balanced game with 33-35 characters then there's no excuse for Brawl to be in its state.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
We'll have to wait and see, but I trust Capcom more so than GameArts for balancing a fighting game. All I can say is that if SSF4 is a relatively balanced game with 33-35 characters then there's no excuse for Brawl to be in its state.
here's the thing though. ssfiv is designed to be a competitive and balanced fighter. brawl, not so much (**** you sakurai!)

but dee jay in ssfiv is awesome. if the leaks are true, then ill be playing ibuki, dudley, guy, cody, and deejay along with my current gief and abel.

too many characters :crazy:

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
What's up with her eyeball....glow....cyborg hotness?

She almost seems robotic.
It's an artificial eye called the "Feng Shui Engine" which is suppose to be some sort of spirit booster, according to famitsu. I think it allows her to use that purple **** Bison be using.

Who cares? Look at that ***, those lips, and her stomach.
Maybe it's just me, but Juri does remind me of Anemone. I probably wouldn't think so if I did see your avatar, but they both have that sharp-edged attitude thing going for them.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Jolyne Kujo, that is all.
Just google imaged her. She really does look like Jolyne. Nonetheless, I'm still going to refer to Juri as Rita. I'm dying to see PC Skins of her like that.

stranga

Smash Journeyman
I'm just hoping juri doesn't become the next ken with online players but if that happens at least there would be less kens.
Anyways, deejay looks like he's going to be pretty good, can't wait to see him in the hands of a really good player

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I like em feisty :lick:
Imagine if Juri is voiced by Kari Wahlgren.

I'm just hoping juri doesn't become the next ken with online players but if that happens at least there would be less kens.
Anyways, deejay looks like he's going to be pretty good, can't wait to see him in the hands of a really good player
Here's the thing I want to know: Why are there so many Kens?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
WHY OH WHY IS EL FUERTE SO LOW?! ¡AY GUEY!:cry:
Because he's just a huge gimmick that's has multiple ways of being shut down.

He has a hard time approaching ANYBODY, run options get shut down by SRKs, EX run options get beat by most backsteps.

Fuerte just has to do TOO MUCH WORK to get anything accomplished. I mean, for christs sake, you actually have to be able to infinite to realistically hold your own, and if you cant then you have to rely on making ridiculously good reads (or your opponent patterns horribly)

I mean dont get me wrong, he's not unplayable by any stretch of the imagination, but shOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt you gotta put in overtime with fuerte.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I like how Gen is all the way at the bottom <3

Sigh. Jibbo and Yeb would beg to differ.

He's solid mid tier at least.

Blanka in top 5?

Akuma under Blanka?

Allow me to LOL profusely.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Cant wait for this. T hawk looks pretty sick. I think alex should be in this though
That is what really ticked me off with the release of SF IV Character-wise. The story was supposed to take place between SF II and SF III and we have no SF III characters in the game (save for the cameo of Yun and Yang in Chun-Li's opening in the console). I understand including all the classic II characters, but it was a pretty lame letdown not seeing the main III character or even any of the other "popular" choices. No SF III characters doesn't make me think less of the game at all, and I do understand why they weren't a priority, but still.

Hopefully Super Street Fighter IV will take care of this a bit. I heard from a friend at school that on the Japanese sites there are rumors spreading of Alex, Makoto, Ibuki, or Yun being the most mentioned names as possible SSF IV newcomers from III. I would be extremely glad to see my 3rd Strike main back in the mix. YOU CAN'T ESCAPE!!!

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
the rumor is that ibuki, dudley, makoto, cody, guy, adon, and some arabic grappler called hakan are gonna be in ssfiv.

personally, i would have replaced makoto with q and adon with r. mika, but thats just me.

and abel, quit not being good. gief, keep doing what your doing.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well that's cool that Dudley is being considered (still prefer Alex and Yun), but I would still just like Capcom to acknowledge that there are more Street Fighter games than Super Street Fighter II Turbo and Street Fighter Alpha 3.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
personally, i would have replaced makoto with q and adon with r. mika, but thats just me.

Well that's cool that Dudley is being considered (still prefer Alex and Yun), but I would still just like Capcom to acknowledge that there are more Street Fighter games than Super Street Fighter II Turbo and Street Fighter Alpha 3.
We need to see some Street Fighter EX characters, namely Pullum. Seriously, I don't get why they keep turning a blind eye to those characters, namely Pullum. =(

Pullum for SSFIV, please

kr3wman

Smash Master
Aren't EX characters owned by another company?

That's the main excuse I hear whenever someone brings them up.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yeah the EX games were made in conjunction with another company, Akira. Capcom only coproduced it. IIRC, some of the EX original characters, including Pullum, appeared in another fully-published and developed Akira game. Not sure but since Capcom really didn't have much to do with the EX games and Akira had creative control over the characters, I doubt Capcom cares that much to obtain them again.

Still, less of a hassle than getting Geno in Super Smash Bros. :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm big on T-Hawk's model.

And I'm glad Deejay is returning (Isn't he?) Just because he always made me lol.

I'd love to see Alex as well, and anybody else after that is great.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I'm big on T-Hawk's model.

And I'm glad Deejay is returning (Isn't he?) Just because he always made me lol.

I'd love to see Alex as well, and anybody else after that is great.
See Dee Jay and T. Hawk in action in the trailer. Good stuff.

I don't know if Alex is going to be in it. From what I hear definitely Dudley is returning, and then there's a little disagreement as to who the second SFIII character is. Most people say Makoto, a couple other people I hear are saying Ibuki (though that wouldn't make sense from a story line standpoint), and one or two people are saying Sean.

Alex would be tight, but I don't think he's going to be in it - he plays a lot like T. Hawk, if you think about it.

Top Bottom