• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Man **** online, im at G2-E and its nothing but laggy flowchart ryus. Beating them mindlessly is not helping me at all. Infact my Balrog is learning to many bad habits now. >:F Only time I will be doing online is with friends...

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Man **** online, im at G2-E and its nothing but laggy flowchart ryus. Beating them mindlessly is not helping me at all. Infact my Balrog is learning to many bad habits now. >:F Only time I will be doing online is with friends...
dam, it took you till G2 to realize this?

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Well thats the thing, I SUCKED in G3. I was just a mediocre balrog, then I went to more tournaments got to G3B then I started winning. Now its getting boring.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I made a tier list. Tell me how bad it sucks.

Rank 1: Sagat, Ryu, Gouki, Crimson Viper, Zangief
Rank 2: M. Bison, Seth, Balrog, Rufus, Fei Long, E. Honda, Dhalsim, Cammy
Rank 3: Blanka, Chun-Li, Ken, Gen, Abel, El Fuerte, Gouken
Rank 4: Dan, Guile, Sakura, Vega, Rose

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
I made a tier list. Tell me how bad it sucks.

Rank 1: Sagat, Ryu, Gouki, Crimson Viper, Zangief
Rank 2: M. Bison, Seth, Balrog, Rufus, Fei Long, E. Honda, Dhalsim, Cammy
Rank 3: Blanka, Chun-Li, Ken, Gen, Abel, El Fuerte, Gouken
Rank 4: Dan, Guile, Sakura, Vega, Rose
God Tier: Sagat

Top Tier: Ryu,Zangief,Rufus,Balrog

High Tier: Akuma,Blanka,Chun Li,M.Bison,Seth,C.Viper,Ken

Med Tier: E.Honda,Guile,Gouken,Rose,Dhalsim,Fei Long,Abel,El Fuerte,Cammy

Low Tier: Gen,Vega,Sakura

Bottom Tier: Dan

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Dan gets no love in the SF games.

I like playing Abel and I'm more than likely gonna play some Gen because of the style he has at using him.

Wasn't there at least one SF game he was good in?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just obtained this for my PC even though I already have it for 360.
I need to get a PS2 to USB converter for my stick though : O

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
How is it wrong? He doesent really have any awful matchups, he has the best fireball. Easy combos that pull off soooo much damage. Stuns quick and has a good amount of health. Then a amazing Ultra and Super.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
How is it wrong? He doesent really have any awful matchups, he has the best fireball. Easy combos that pull off soooo much damage. Stuns quick and has a good amount of health. Then a amazing Ultra and Super.
God Tier makes him sound like he's "broken" or "unstoppable", which is the real problem, yes he has no relatively awful match up, however he's not this unstoppable beast. That's why I don't believe God Tier is the right term, in fact, that's more fitting for someone like Tekken 4 Jin, and even he had one disadvantage match up, however the options he had were so ridiculously overpowered it was visible.

To me, he's on a tier of his own, without a doubt, however God shouldn't be the term which is what I'm saying. In order for him to be at that level, he has to clearly dominate, especially at the competitive levels, however even at Evolution 2009, within the Top-8, there was zero Sagat's who placed there.

I agree though, he's on a class of his own, however I think something like S+ Tier or something sounds more favorable.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
God Tier makes him sound like he's "broken" or "unstoppable", which is the real problem, yes he has no relatively awful match up, however he's not this unstoppable beast. That's why I don't believe God Tier is the right term, in fact, that's more fitting for someone like Tekken 4 Jin, and even he had one disadvantage match up, however the options he had were so ridiculously overpowered it was visible.

To me, he's on a tier of his own, without a doubt, however God shouldn't be the term which is what I'm saying. In order for him to be at that level, he has to clearly dominate, especially at the competitive levels, however even at Evolution 2009, within the Top-8, there was zero Sagat's who placed there.

I agree though, he's on a class of his own, however I think something like S+ Tier or something sounds more favorable.
Well for me I never assumed god tier as broken tier. If a character is broken usually people put them in the broken tier. He clearly is not unstoppable and yeah no sagats in top 8 was refreshing.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Jeff Schaeffer (Greatest SFII Hyper Fighting player, only one better was obviously Tomo Ohira) recently posted an interview of himself on youtube with him talking about all of his competitive years during the Golden Era of Street Fighter II.

It is an absolute must watch, because he talks about the competitive scene, it's dominant players, and the strategical aspects of the Pre-Super Special Gauge Era, or Pre-ST Era. To me, this is one of the best interviews ever made, simply because of the wealth of knowledge that simply is forgotten by most current players today in the game of SF.

Going from Mike Watsons unbeatable CE. Bison who somehow could destroy everyone, except for the legendary Tomo Ohira's Ryu/Guile. In fact, it even makes notion of just simply how God Like Tomo was in his adaptability...I swear, nobody, and I mean, nobody in the Top SF gaming world today can adapt like this guy on the fly.

The dude was stuffing out Jeff with 1-frame inv. hurricane kicks on the fly...that's absolutely ridiculous. He talks about just how far and dominant Tomo's Ryu/Guile was, and how much of a purist he was playing those two characters.

Lmao, anyhow, here are the links to his interview...and yes, I completely 100% agree with him on his statement of saying that Hyper Fighting was the absolute best, most balanced, most strategical, and most pure Street Fighter game of all time.

Jeff Schaeffer Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3COZ1741GY&feature=related

kr3wman

Smash Master
From the pics it looks like you can choose your ultra instead of having the two at the same time, hence the big roman numeral '1' on the ultra meter.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
lol. Alot of people have said that.

If those rumors are true, Seth's not dead after SFIV (Juri is said to work for him).

Don't know how to think of that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I remember seeing a theory once that all the endings were canon. This makes sense because a number of endings (Ryu, Sakura, Dan, Blanka), (Vega, Chun-Li, Guile, Abel), (Cammy, Viper) are connected to each other. However, this means that Bison and Seth's endings are not canon. Viper also mentioned that she killed Seth #15, THE Seth, and that there were 25 other ones out there. Take what I said earlier, and you have 23 Seths killed, which leaves 4 more alive at least.

This may be the setup for Super Street Fighter IV with Juri working for possibly #21 from Seth's ending. Alternatively, Seth #15 may have had a backup of himself somewhere.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
holy jesus it coming the super street fighter 4 it going to be JACKPOT but i guess it gonna be on ps3, xbox360 but i guss it not gonna be on the wii i like the wii but i want core games and i want slim ps3
i might choose ryu as my main to play this

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Eight new characters? EIGHT!?!

Like, I'm all for new characters and all, but EIGHT!?!

So who would the other 5 be since we already have 3 confirmed? I'm guessing:

Yang (he was in Chun-Li's ending with Yun)
Yun (see Yang)
Adon (he was in Sagat's opening)
Charlie (implied to still be alive by Guile, though unlikely)

The last one could be a new character or for all we know it could be Dudley or something. It's really uncertain.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Eight new characters? EIGHT!?!

Like, I'm all for new characters and all, but EIGHT!?!

So who would the other 5 be since we already have 3 confirmed? I'm guessing:

Yang (he was in Chun-Li's ending with Yun)
Yun (see Yang)
Adon (he was in Sagat's opening)
Charlie (implied to still be alive by Guile, though unlikely)

The last one could be a new character or for all we know it could be Dudley or something. It's really uncertain.
Ono said "eight-ish," not just eight. If the rumors are true, we'll be getting:

T. Hawk
Dee-Jay recently confirmed mon
Adon
Cody
Guy
Dudley
Ibuki
Makoto
Hakan
Rita Repulsa

Anyway, be happy that we're getting that many. This isn't Smash.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Nooo!!!

I watched the video interview mostly for the gameplay behind, and they skipped T.Hawk's Ultra animation!

/sadface

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, he's sitting on, unfortunately, El Fuerte.

Speaking of which, I hope he gets either more HP or attack power and a better Quesadilla Bomb input.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Does this mean all of the Street Fighter II cast are back, so all the originals, the 4 bosses, and then new challengers?

I don't have the original SFIV, but if Cody does get in I may actually pick the new version up.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
New Super Street Fighter IV Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jyK3j0rqAk

Hype levels rising.

Does this mean all of the Street Fighter II cast are back, so all the originals, the 4 bosses, and then new challengers?
Pretty much.

Juri looks great, that ex-'wheel kicks' does real good damage.
Here's a better video of that footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JBLYxnKuvs

Holy sh*t @ T.Hawk ultra damage. :O

You can also hear his theme in the background, remixed of course.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Anyway, be happy that we're getting that many. This isn't Smash.
Yeah obviously. I'm just concerned that with 35 characters there might be more balance issues. SFIV was really well balanced aside from maybe Sagat and it seems like in most games more characters=less balance, so I hope Capcom is sure of what they're doing here.

Top Bottom