• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I got my SE fight stick a few days ago and its cool but its pretty hard adjusting since i got pretty good with the xbox360 controller.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol. Third Strike.

Rofl..Let's be real.

3s isn't SF at all.

SFIV IS SF.

3s is a completely different beast.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I did the same! Couple months ago...oddly enough one of my motivations was that SF4 wouldn't be on the Wii. :laugh: Perhaps I just can't be satisfied? No, I still play Melee. I still play Third Strike. idk what it is about SF4 but I just can't stand it. Doesn't really feel like SF to me. I'm gonna pick up some other current-gen fighter though.

theres always hd remix :rolleyes:
mvc2, blaz blue, kof 12, tekken 6
you actually have a whole bunch of games to choose from this year. yay 2009 =]

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol HDR...

I have a hard copy of MvC2 already ;D I guess I'll just be playing CoD4 until one of those games comes out.

I tried a little 'project' to possibly have some fun in SF4. I made a PSN called "KenRyuSagatScrub"...and I basically play like a scrub using j.HK to sweep "combos", jumping around randomly and spamming fierce dragon punches. And of couse only choose Ken, Ryu, or Sagat. I've got about 2500 BP doing so but I'm gonna move over to Championship XD

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol, don't remember...it's from a youtube video about how some guys stole stuff from that chick's house, and they were interviewing her. Someone made a gif and I saved it >_>

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5A9FvRXso

Everyone should watch this, Justin Wong at E3 challenges 300 opponents and destroys each and everysingle one of them to go 300-0. Not only does he mop the floor with every opponent there but also winning 300 he gives canned foods to charity, what a guy.

Sorry, I just got back from Tokyo, Japan like 4 days ago, so I haven't been posting at all, however I'll reply later when I'm not busy and tired. Yes, I'll comment on why Gief is not "easy-mode" and all, and the whole bit later, however SF:IV in Japan has been totally revamped from when I was there last year during mid-fall. There's not 10 million Zangief players anymore, I can tell you that.

Anyhow, enjoy the vid, hope you all have fun with it peace!

BentoBox

Smash Master
The two opponents displayed in that vid were terrible. Wong's Balrog is beastly though <3

I request pictures from your trip Seph!

Oh, and have you met skisonic while you were there? He apparently won the latest nationals with Fuerte~

Mith_

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px5a9fvrxso

Everyone Should Watch This, Justin Wong At E3 Challenges 300 Opponents And Destroys Each And Everysingle One Of Them To Go 300-0. Not Only Does He Mop The Floor With Every Opponent There But Also Winning 300 He Gives Canned Foods To Charity, What A Guy.

Sorry, I Just Got Back From Tokyo, Japan Like 4 Days Ago, So I Haven't Been Posting At All, However I'll Reply Later When I'm Not Busy And Tired. Yes, I'll Comment On Why Gief Is Not "easy-mode" And All, And The Whole Bit Later, However Sf:iv In Japan Has Been Totally Revamped From When I Was There Last Year During Mid-fall. There's Not 10 Million Zangief Players Anymore, I Can Tell You That.

Anyhow, Enjoy The Vid, Hope You All Have Fun With It Peace!
Sparta!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
PAD FO LIFE!!!

lol.
pad is making my viper a scrub viper. my sticks arent working correctly for whatever reason, so im stuck using pad....we still need to play, im off thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday. so lets make something happen son.....

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Oh, and have you met skisonic while you were there? He apparently won the latest nationals with Fuerte~
WHAT?! El Fuerte won a national tournament? More of a reason to keep playing this guy.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I bought a 360 just to play Street fighter 4. After a week I sold the 360 and street fighter on craigslist. It just felt a coin battle on bridge of eldin with dodging disabled. I never regretted selling that game.
Tell me what you guys think of this. He's a Barlw player.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
He has no concept of high low mix-up and therefore his opinion is invalid.

ShoryuSwordsman

Smash Cadet
*is back from ****** anyone and everyone in guilty gear ac, sf4 and melee at teh anime convention* shouts to dark cloud n his friend. two of the very few decent melee players we saw there

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
It took me a while to regret selling the game so I'm going to end up buying it again this week just so I have something to mess around in until Marvel2 is released!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hey, I finally got XBOX Live and I'm ready to play against anyone here.

My gamer tag is KumaOso. In case I suck, it's because I'm used to computers.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Well you always need to be on top. With Fuerte you should never stop even for a second. You need to know what you are going to do and just pressure pressure pressure causing oppenents no room to breath.

I have never played Fuerte but I have been to tournys and all the fuerte players follow this.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Long post, since it's been over a month since my last post, however, we'll see when I'll post pics of my trip from Japan (not as big of a fan posting up real pics of myself on the net, more over I haven't even transferred my pics online yet from my digi-cam :laugh: ).

Anyhow, from when I was in Japan, which was like last month, there was less Gief-nut hugging from when I was there last year in like mid-late fall of 2008. So the differences were huge, in fact, I saw more character variety being played now. Obviously since the game has been broken down more, I noticed more Gouki players, Viper players, even Honda players etc, etc. Most of the players there that I've encountered has some knowledge of the game, and more then half are solid, meaning they know what to do and if you don't play well, you'll get stomped, while there are others whom are really good, and really know their ****, so if you don't bring your A-Game, you'll be bounced like a random scrub.

To comment many, many pages back on someone who implied that Gief is just easy to use because you can mash SPD out of nowhere I think is pushing this envelope way too far. SF:IV Gief can achieve victory quite effectively at lower to even moderate lvl of play, if your Gief is at least decent. However it's a whole different ball game in contrast to playing against solid to really good players.

Getting in with Gief is tough, even with all of his Lariat shenanegans, and the range of his SPD which comes out of nowhere, however as bad as the SPD range is in SF:IV it still pales to the range of what it was in early SFII, not to mention the options he had out of it....like c.mk on block into SPD, and this baby landed even when you just nicked with the c.mk on block. I've played Gief around, only because I want to know his options so that when I would encounter Gief that I wouldn't just fall over and die. Yes, being a Ryu player helps, because if you keep Gief outside of his best options (Hadouken's <---when used correctly, Ex-Hadou's, S.fk, Fadc Ultra etc, etc), he has trouble.

Even hear UltraDavid's comments, and testimony about Gief, considering he's one of USA's finest Zangief players. Gief is good, but has alot of problems when you start playing against good players who know the match up, not to mention within the best characters, Gief actually has difficulty against many of them.

I also want to say this...remember all those months ago when I said to watch out for Gouki, usually it's 50/50, either I'm down right wrong, or just right. This time, it's on the right side...he's a freaking wrecking machine, the straight up zoning options he has is annoying as hell at times to deal with, and playing another character who relies heavily upon zoning, it's tough when Gouki is a better zoner then Ryu.

You simply can't try to keep on zoning and expect to win in this case. Sooner or later, you'll have to get in, however it's not as bad as I'm making it out to be mind you. Because if Ryu can even touch him, the match up can swing indefinitely into his favor, and having a super accessible Ultra doesn't hurt either. Another thing that I didn't do which was bone dead stupid on my part, was that, whenever a Gouki player jumps straight into the air and does the air fireball to contend against your Hadouken, at the right times, you can come in and sweep Gouki when he's landing.

However, some of the Gouki's I faced in Japan...my goodness, they were ON with their Shungokusatsu. There were times when I just simply did not expect to see it...and bam...I just ate an Ultra, lost a large majority of my life. The more I see Gouki in play, the more I feel that he's not just Top-5, but in my opinion, he's just only under Ryu in capabilities at this point.

Anyhow, this thread should be changed from Street Fighter IV to Street Fighter IV and all Related Street Fighter games...that way we don't have to have 2039842390 threads. Lastly, although I know it hasn't happened here, however I was debating with some other douche from another forum, but if I ever hear anyone say that Non-Genei-Jin Yun is better then Yang in 3S is in serious need of getting their nuts kicked.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
OH MY FATHER TIME!!!!!! DID YOU GUYS SEE EVO

I've never experenced anything like that game related in my life. (and it was on a live stream)
im thinking about entering evo next year!!!! it was just that good!!!

i wish i can rewind time to Friday and do it all over.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Yang is beast. Apparently there has been a huge increase in Yang players from Japan. Not sure if it started last year or I just wasn't paying enough attention or what. Good stuff though.

EVO was superb this year...

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
I think more then 1000 easy.

1. Daigo Umehara (Ryu)
2. Justin Wong (Rufus, Boxer, Abel)
3. Ed Ma (Akuma)
4. Sanford "Santhrax" Kelly (Akuma, Cammy)
5. Long "ShadyK" Tran (Akuma)
5. Eduardo "Vvv scrub" Perez-frangie (Boxer, E. Honda)
7. Takashi "Dan from Japan" Hukushi (Ryu)
7. Ricky Ortiz (Rufus)

Top 8.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Wong should've went Apollo Creed the entire time, imo, that would have given him the overall win, considering his Abel got blown out...literally. However, his Rog against Daigo's Ryu, it was actually 5-4 with more into Wong's wins, however DE tournaments don't work in that way, so therefore, Wong lost out to Daigo.

It goes to show just how close this Finals match up between these two beast were, and more importantly, it really showed me a few things...

Daigo seemed to struggle alot against Rog in here, and another note as well is that Wong was a far better footsie player in the Finals then Daigo. This was visibly apparent in how Wong was outpoking, punishing everything Daigo was doing with great spacing. However, Daigo landed very well placed pokes and Ex's when it mattered that eventually gave him the nod.

This showcases what I have been preaching about the game of Street Fighter, you can do poorly on a few things, however if your footsie game is top notch, it can take you a long ways. However, watching the entire Evo's matches, and not to "bash" any of these players either and their gameplay. However, I saw lacking footsie fundamentals in alot of the players here, even someone as great as Daigo, his footsie was less then sub par in contrast to Wong who was nearly almost spot on.

It's giving an indication that this seems to be a fading notion, because it's just so tough and difficult to master. However the pay off is huge in here, and that's why in a way, I'm disappointed in that it isn't applied more then it is currently. Because it's like I said, if you know when to punish whiffs better with your own pokes, and know how to buffer more precisely, that can flat out change match ups.

It's like Jeff once said about SFII when watching prime Tomo and Watson in the Finals. It wasn't even "about" looking for that big combo finish, or inv. hurricane kick start ups with their Ryu vs Ryu match up. It came down to "Who had the more dominant footsie game" because it came down to simply fundamentals. Any whiffed poked meant you got swept, you'd had better have your buffers up.

Again, I'm not bashing any player who was competing, because they were all incredible in their own right, however, I'm hoping that more people will start to really focus on these fundamentals and truly improving your game, then to just look as the surface of the "FadcXXUltra" mentalities.

Anyhow, Evolution 2009 was incredible! Justin Wong vs Daigo Umehara for the SF:IV Crown at Evo was nothing short but beautiful. That match up came down to the final round, and it was something to behold. All I can say is, I was hyped, and it was unbelievable, and although the US couldn't get the crown for SF:IV at Evo, it showed me that someone like Wong can truly hang with one of Japan's best.

I'm really looking forward to SBO, when our USA boys go over there to play against them, and to be truthful, I believe we are going to do quite well, considering this isn't like 3rd Strike, where we started to play competitively after the Japanese players have been doing so for years already, giving them light years of strategical and polished gameplay advantages over us, while we had to play catch up.

I'm looking to see some strong contention from the US players, so here's to SBO and SF:IV, btw, you all should heard it, over 1000 entries for Street Fighter IV for Evolution...that's absolutely ridiculous.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
DAIIIIIIIIIIIIIGO! Yeah evo was pretty ballin.

I only got to watch sunday, though.

Saw everything cept MvC2. Heard sanford put in some real work vs jwong. Glockin him down.

SF4 was ballin though. Super ballin. I actually wanted to see Jwong pull out Sagat. I havent seen it since he was down here for IC3.

Regardless, sf4 grands was some of the best play of any game for a loooooooong time.

Top Bottom