• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I was afraid Justin would lose after he dropped the EX Messiah into Ultra combo. I'm glad he didn't lol.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm surprised he's playing Rufus instead of Yang (or Yun).

I guess his biggest focus for this EVO is on MvC3. It's not like the past two years where everyone's been most focused on SFIV, so he's not pressured about being "America's Only Hope" or some ****.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Tokido was clutching the **** outta everything tonight.

He also got that big strong bad long **** from Daigo too.

Sariku

Smash Master
Wow, with Evo going on, I thought this thread would have been hype. Instead, it's been dead.

Evo 2011. Great tournament, great experience.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wow, with Evo going on, I thought this thread would have been hype. Instead, it's been dead.

Evo 2011. Great tournament, great experience.
Atlus was at Evo this year along with his exclamation points. That dealt a major blow of hype to this thread.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Hoooooly **** Watching Daigo get perfected by Poongko was just damn amazing! Latif taking out Daigo was just as good! Grand Finals was a little bit of a let down, but watching Fuudo coming out of no where and taking the whole thing was unexpected! You really need to be here in person to feel the atmosphere! So many people watching, it's ridiculous! I'm currently back at the hotel, but I'll be uploading pictures and video in a couple of days!

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I don't get Latif.

Beat Daigo, then beat Poongko. Lose to Fuudo?

Wtf, he already took care of all the hard ****... :glare:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I've been considering renting this game

Would it be worth it to? And how hard is it to learn this game?
It's easy to get into and pick up. It's only hard once you start facing really good people that really know the game though.
do you guys have any advice for a new player?
Don't randomly jump when you shouldn't. Quick Rise when you can after a techable knockdown by pressing all three punches/down after being knocked down (certain moves won't let you do that though). Learn how to space and punish certain moves. And read up on a ton of stuff I guess or ask about specific things here.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
I don't get Latif.

Beat Daigo, then beat Poongko. Lose to Fuudo?

Wtf, he already took care of all the hard ****... :glare:
Problem is, mentally he looked drained from defeating Tokido, Daigo and Poongko all in a row. It seemed like he spent the last of his strength just to defeat Poongko. That's not to make an excuse to him losing to Fuudo which I'll speak of later though. However when you've played at that level, simply beating an established player is mentally draining, however defeating 3 established players would put any normal person on the verge of suicide.

Fuudo played different from the rest of the other players who lost to Latif. First off, Fuudo was much more methodical. He played very OG SF2 style like in that he simply didn't try to rush all over Latifs Viper. He had excellent footsies, zoning and positioning.

Each time Latif did wake up Seismo, he get bit for it, then Fuudo would bait wake-up thunder knuckle. Punishing Latif for over 25%+ life each time. Fuudo played patient and with excellent positioning was able to diminish Vipers high aggressive, high-mixup game.

Tokido, Daigo, and Poongko did not play with the same method, but were more aggressive. Latif simply outplayed them on that game, and more importantly, although this is never admitted, but I will say this is 100% true all the time.

Fuudo although beating Latif (barely in the semis might I add) in the Semi-Finals, and then defeating Poongko to go to the Grand Finals. He had the luxury to watch more of the other players game play and their tendencies. I mean, he got to watch 3 straight match ups of Latif going against Tokido, Daigo and Poongko.

He found the weaknesses of Latif's gameplay from that and utilized, in which he did so in the Grand Finals. As Seth said, "too many wake up seismo's" which Latif got baited numerous times for doing so against Fuudo. While the other three who lost to him prior too got hit by it, Fuudo on the other hand rarely did. Those simple aspects truly change the course of the game.

I'm just happy for Latif, he really represented the USA well. I put in even more respect when you consider the fact that US players only had two months to play this game, where as Japan had 8 months, which is a 6 month gap differential of days to play, learn and to get ahead.

Plus, I hope this shuts up a little bit of the Anti-American bs that I've had to deal with, along with so many others that showed up at Srk.com as well. All the "USA will be Free against Japan in AE" or the "USA no longer owns MvC3, because the Japanese finally care about Marvel" nonsense.

Happy with the Evolution 2011 Results. The only thing that bites is that it will be another full year before Evolution 2012, stay hype folks.

Pi

Smash Hero
hey my buddy & legit ssbm player from the DR is looking to play some SF4 players on the PSN
if you could post your tags he'd like to play yall
his tag is LuiMan20

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the welcome backs, I appreciate it. However I'm just simply busy, and so I'm never or have not been on forever. Even at srk.com I've posted about 10 times for this entire year thus far.

Also, yeah, I sound like an old dog who's stubborn and always complaining, but I'm not an entire true fan of SSFIV:AE (SSFIV>>>>AE by 100 miles), and gosh forbid, everything that I feared of MvC3 practically came true, but in many cases...were worst then what I had previously though. Not a fan of that game from a mechanic, depth value, but I respect guys like Viscant and especially Justin (since the guy doesn't roll Phoenix) etc who do play it, and I enjoy their high level game plan.

Honestly though, Evolution has a way to pushing old grumps like me out of our whole to look at the community once more. Also, did I hear correctly, was there really over 100 pools for AE? If that's the case, then it seems like each year Evolution indeed is getting bigger and bigger since SF:IV started a new era per say.

With fighting games the way they are now, I'm really in the belief that this is the 2nd Big Era of for Fighting Games. It obviously doesn't have the same impact terms as it did back in 1991. However, it has one distinct advantage that the Golden Era didn't have, and that's the advancement of the internet, actual media coverage, videos and all, which has helped greatly in its exposure.

So for me personally, I'm really happy for the FG community. I'm hoping that the new generation steps up to the plate, because guys like Justin Wong can only play for so long.

On another note, Alex Valle vs Daigo Umehara was a Great Match Up. I'm not going to lie, I believe that if Valle actually had time to play AE, that he would've beaten Daigo here and sent him to Losers.

Valle today just simply isn't the same player anymore. He has family, work, and so many other things to meander around that getting to play AE is just so difficult for him. So I find it amazing for him to show up at Evo2k11, with less practice then the majority of the well established players and especially Daigo, while almost nearly taking him to school, that's just unbelievable.

If it was like 1996 Valle, I honestly believe Valle would've taken Daigo 2-0.

Atlus8

Smash Master
On another note, Alex Valle vs Daigo Umehara was a Great Match Up. I'm not going to lie, I believe that if Valle actually had time to play AE, that he would've beaten Daigo here and sent him to Losers.
Oh my god, I had to miss out on Valle vs Daigo since my camera was almost dead and I had to go out and get the charger! And yes, video games these days are getting crazy amount of exposure with livestreams and video hosting these days! Also, I think the number of entrants for SF were slightly lower this year to last year, but I think the reason for that was because some might have dropped it for MvC3! I think SF had over 1400+ and MvC3 had 1200+! I think the number of overall for all games did exceed last years!

With that said, here's my vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d49YSU08G7s

Gates

Banned via Warnings
OWS, your commentary is very insightful, comprehensive, and appreciated. Please please please keep posting.

voorhese

Smash Master
yo i am picking up another character (seth) i usually play dhalsim, and i have no idea how to go on offense, im scared to approach unless they wiff something. any advice?

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
OWS, your commentary is very insightful, comprehensive, and appreciated. Please please please keep posting.
Thanks again. As always, I'm not an elite super top player even back when I was playing super heavily. Locally I wasn't bad back in my "prime", but we all know how that translates to absolute sh*t when you go up against the best.

Be prepared, long post...

I could write an article on why I don't really like AE in contrast to SSFIV and especially Vanilla SF4. However, I'll just keep it short and simple...AE has less emphasis on character archetypes and puts too much on rushdown which devalues character diversity with their strengths. The other one being unnecessary and stupid nerfs to characters, like Guile going from crap in Vanilla to great in SSF4 to I'm basically bad again in AE. Ryu's active frames on c.mk being toned down? Wow, that must've been absolutely ground breaking.

There's more but I'm just trying to be super general.

Currently now, its dealing with all of the Daigo Nut huggers that's become the most annoying. I sometimes hang out with a group of my friends who as well used to play SF, with some of them still dabbling into it now. However they also have friends who play fighting games as well.

Sadly, many of them are Daigo worshipers, and don't get me wrong. I don't mind you rooting for your favorite player or even speaking greatly about their gameplay etc, etc. However when I start hearing lame excuses as to why The Beast lost, I can't help but wonder if you are even logical enough to be spoken to anymore.

Here are some of the statements I heard (some of them directly, and others not) and my answers.

Statement: "Daigo has no experience fighting Seth, while Poongko had lots of experience fighting Yun, thats why Daigo lost"

My Answer: Daigo is leagues beyond Poongko in terms of experience with Street Fighter IV. Daigo has arguably played the most out of anyone in the game of AE, just look at his BP earned. Look at what he's been doing with Yun. Nobody even comes close. The idea that Daigo didn't get experience against Seth is even more outrageous when you take into account Seth has been in SFIV since 2009.

While Yun has only been around for 8 months. Remember again, if I have my memory served right, Japan had this game 8 months ago, while the rest of the world got it only 2 months ago. So Poongko's experience with Yun would've been small and between, while Daigo's experience with Seth would've started from 2009 onward already.

Yes, their was not a lot of great named Seth players out their, but their were some around. I can't remember the ones here in the US, but they did in fact play against Daigo before, and also didn't Sabin play Seth as well. Yeah, he's no Poongko, but this is experience that Daigo would've had prior to Evo2k11.

So 2 months experience of Poongko vs Yun or 3+ years of many chances, opportunities in which Daigo would've played against Seth. You compare the two and see which one makes more proper sense.

Statement: "Daigo wasn't playing like himself. He kept doing so many wake up DP kicks, and he was getting punished a lot. He wasn't mentally in the game"

My Answer: One of the worst excuses ever here. The answer is vividly written all over the gameplay of their match up. Daigo was simply outplayed period, hence why he made so many mistakes.

Poongko seemingly knew everything Daigo was going to do before Daigo even did it. Things like early jump end, bait to attack, backdash backwards. Then Daigo expects an attack and does Wake Up Kicks to counter, only to whiff completely and eat Smell my Feet Tactics. Or move, throw out early whiff attack, bait up kicks while blocking in anticipation then pawn.

Once he got Daigo out of sync, Daigo then started to question what to do on wake up, which then resulted in him basically doing nothing. This gave Poongko to then simply land Ex-SPD's on Daigo for free. Even the jump back with Seth, then at that second, Daigo dashes in thinking he's got the initiative only to have Poongko throw a SB at his face to knock him back down to reset the positioning game again.

This was pure genius play by Poongko's part which completely threw Daigo out of his gameplay. Remember here folks. Poongko plays like how many Korean Players do in fighting games. Back in my past, I've played against some great Korean Tekken players. Like MDJ, Leedy etc, etc. Yes, they are Tekken players, however look to their gameplay and compare it to Poongko's. You'll see their is almost no difference in their mentality.

They are super aggressive, and the last one being that they love to be flashy. Seth is a character that fits all of those aspects in which Poongko plays too.

Mentally up to that point, nobody would've been more prepared than Daigo, since he's had arguably again, the most play time, the most exp, and the most dominant player in AE up until Evo2k11 in his match up against Poongko.

The last time I've seen Daigo get perfected and spanked this badly was back in 2004 that I've mentioned before. When Kuni brought in Daigo to take on 10 year retired Jeff in SF2:AE. Jeff picks Guile a character he never even mained back in his prime years, and stomped perfect rounds out of Daigo's best characters of Ryu and Balrog.

No excuses.

Statement: "Seth has been one of the best characters in SF4, he's just underestimated, he was OP in Vanilla, Super and now in AE. After seeing Evo2k11, Seth is a better character then even Yun is in AE."

My Answer: Probably the worst excuse I've heard in the Daigo vs Poongko debate. Now, I know that some or should I say, a lot of enthusiast who are Pro-Daigo are trying to make valid reasons to The Beast losing. However this is the lowest of the lows now.

Seth was OP in SSF4 and Vanilla? Lol. In SSF4, no way is Seth better then the noted characters in their like Guile, Cammy, Chun, Honda etc, etc. Without a doubt in Vanilla does he even breath on the likes of Sagat and Ryu.

Yun in AE has great options, and most importantly he takes less risk, but has great rewards for his options. Dive Kick gives him cross up shenanigans, bait tactics, low hits, you name it, DK is great in AE. Ex-Shoulder, one of the best Ex-Moves in the entire AE game.

Genei-Jin super is hands down, the most powerful Super to show up within the SFIV series (btw, CC's such as this needs to be removed from future SF games. Because they have never been balanced, every one of them has always been broken, and it makes the game trashy as hell). It gives Yun normal cancelables, special canceables, frame advantages, frame priority, etc, etc. His mixups become even more deadly, he can drain basically half your life, is capable and usually puts you into a corner so the Yun player has the advantage afterwards and can even be canceled into Ultra for wtf factors.

His Ultra again is one of the best in the game, and I'm only listing a few parts of Yun's game, not all of it. I'm sure most of us already know what Yun can do. However in contrast to Seth, who has the worst lifebar in the game, so if he's hit five times, he's basically dead. He does not have the luxury of all of those frame advantages, crazy canceables. None of his Ultra's or even supers are remotely close to as powerful as Yun's.

Their is no reason to continue because its glaringly obvious that Yun is the better overall character, and by a good margin within AE. Is Yun the "best" character in the game? That can be debated, since for me personally, I believe Yang is the best character in AE, but he just doesn't get the same love as his brother counterpart he only takes an IQ of 7 to play effectively. At this point however, their is no false on my part when I say that Yun is within the Top-3 best characters in AE, again with many stating him #1, which is not wtf with his dominance since AE's arrival. However Seth>>>Yun? That would literally make Seth, Top-3.

Does anyone here even believe Seth's top-3? Lol? Better then Fei-Long, Yang? :rolleyes: I'm sure we can all agree, this is a last ditch attempt.

My conclusion: This isn't a ploy to hate on Daigo Umehara. I <3 the guys skills, I <3 the fact this guy will to tries everyday be one of the best SF players of the modern day era. I like it that he helps to promote the SF games by going from country to country to play in tournaments. If you've ever met him in real life, the dude is super nice and has a great personality.

My only gripe are those whom are blinded from his wins, and his Evo 2-time champion wins, blinded from the first time they really got into fighting games and it was because they saw that Evolution 2004 video of Daigo. However, At Evolution 2011, Poongko was the better player, and completely outplayed him. To seal the fate even more, Latif then plays Daigo and beats him as well, with an almost perfect win during the last round as well.

Evolution 2011 doesn't have the random factor like SBO to where a single set dictates the entire factor. It's double elimination, so the results are more truthful, and not to mention, the japanese players have even noted very clearly that they like Evo's double elimination more so then their own SBO single elimination because it removes the results of the random knock out that can happen.

Take it for what you want to think, but at Evo2k11, against Poongko, Daigo was straight up, out played, out gunned, and lost convincingly. You don't randomly perfect The Beast by getting lucky.

On a last note...

Don't all of you find it so hypocritical, and absurd that, when Poongko throws his jacket off, throws change onto the floor, whips his Evo pass to the ground, then slams his Redbull or w/e before getting into the fight with Daigo. You see absolutely no ridicule, no "Korean's have no respect" or nationalist remarks towards the Koreans period.

However, here we are, when Justin imitates Rufus Ultra by lifting his hands up you get all those losers who don't say anything to Poongko to come out and go "All americans have no respect" "Look at that American trash" etc, comments.

Again, I find that odd and hypocritical to say the least.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
hi um yeah i have AE on PC (yeah >.>) im not that good but i *think* i want to play it more often, its hard to find people online who are cool because like well i keep getting taunted by guiles and kens and yeah . . . uh lame. . .anyway

!If anyone has AE on PC and wants to play PM me, thanks id like to find people to play!

ps. excuse me if this is the wrong place to post this, i dont use any boards except melee tournament boards

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Don't all of you find it so hypocritical, and absurd that, when Poongko throws his jacket off, throws change onto the floor, whips his Evo pass to the ground, then slams his Redbull or w/e before getting into the fight with Daigo. You see absolutely no ridicule, no "Korean's have no respect" or nationalist remarks towards the Koreans period.

However, here we are, when Justin imitates Rufus Ultra by lifting his hands up you get all those losers who don't say anything to Poongko to come out and go "All americans have no respect" "Look at that American trash" etc, comments.

Because hating America is apparently cool and loving the glorious foreigners who do no wrong is whats in.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I pretty much agree, OWS. I think Daigo's a great player and all, but he got ouplayed that day. Surprising that people are making excuses for him. Poongko did a great job on anticipating Daigo's wakeup/options each time (as he does whenever he gets a knockdown on any player) to the point where Daigo was at a complete loss on what to do.
The last time I've seen Daigo get perfected and spanked this badly was back in 2004 that I've mentioned before. When Kuni brought in Daigo to take on 10 year retired Jeff in SF2:AE. Jeff picks Guile a character he never even mained back in his prime years, and stomped perfect rounds out of Daigo's best characters of Ryu and Balrog.
I actually do remember watching clips of that before. For someone that says that his reactions aren't as good as they used to be, it's awesome considering how well he still played.
hi um yeah i have AE on PC (yeah >.>) im not that good but i *think* i want to play it more often, its hard to find people online who are cool because like well i keep getting taunted by guiles and kens and yeah . . . uh lame. . .anyway

!If anyone has AE on PC and wants to play PM me, thanks id like to find people to play!

ps. excuse me if this is the wrong place to post this, i dont use any boards except melee tournament boards
You're at the right place. I don't think anyone here actually has AE on the PC that posts here a lot though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
OWS, I agree with pretty much everything you said but I'm going to go through and comment on some stuff anyway.

I could write an article on why I don't really like AE in contrast to SSFIV and especially Vanilla SF4. However, I'll just keep it short and simple...AE has less emphasis on character archetypes and puts too much on rushdown which devalues character diversity with their strengths. The other one being unnecessary and stupid nerfs to characters, like Guile going from crap in Vanilla to great in SSF4 to I'm basically bad again in AE. Ryu's active frames on c.mk being toned down? Wow, that must've been absolutely ground breaking.

There's more but I'm just trying to be super general.
I feel the same way and I think this is present in most modern Capcom games. I think at this point Capcom is more interested in making their games look cool than making them balanced, which is why they have stuff like Ultras that have cinematic animations, team air combos, super safe moves, X-Factor to extend combos, the new 4-player shenanigans in SFxT, and just generally placing more emphasis on aggresive characters than zoning characters. Sometimes I think Capcom cares less about balanced tournament results and more about cool combo videos.

It could also be overcompensation for vanilla SFIV which was more zoning intensive than the other games in the SFIV series. I think that SSFIV had the best balance between the basic archetypes of zoning/rushdown/grappler of any of the other games in the series. Admittedly, there were a lot of grappler characters who were really weak (Hakan and T. Hawk were both pretty bad), but no characters were totally unplayable at a high level, and that's all you can really ask for in a fighting game.

Currently now, its dealing with all of the Daigo Nut huggers that's become the most annoying. I sometimes hang out with a group of my friends who as well used to play SF, with some of them still dabbling into it now. However they also have friends who play fighting games as well.

Sadly, many of them are Daigo worshipers, and don't get me wrong. I don't mind you rooting for your favorite player or even speaking greatly about their gameplay etc, etc. However when I start hearing lame excuses as to why The Beast lost, I can't help but wonder if you are even logical enough to be spoken to anymore.

Here are some of the statements I heard (some of them directly, and others not) and my answers.

Statement: "Daigo has no experience fighting Seth, while Poongko had lots of experience fighting Yun, thats why Daigo lost"

My Answer: Daigo is leagues beyond Poongko in terms of experience with Street Fighter IV. Daigo has arguably played the most out of anyone in the game of AE, just look at his BP earned. Look at what he's been doing with Yun. Nobody even comes close. The idea that Daigo didn't get experience against Seth is even more outrageous when you take into account Seth has been in SFIV since 2009.

The problem with the statement that I underlined is that it can be countered by the whole "Japanese players don't play on console" excuse. Of course, that excuse is bull**** too.

While Yun has only been around for 8 months. Remember again, if I have my memory served right, Japan had this game 8 months ago, while the rest of the world got it only 2 months ago. So Poongko's experience with Yun would've been small and between, while Daigo's experience with Seth would've started from 2009 onward already.

Yes, their was not a lot of great named Seth players out their, but their were some around. I can't remember the ones here in the US, but they did in fact play against Daigo before, and also didn't Sabin play Seth as well. Yeah, he's no Poongko, but this is experience that Daigo would've had prior to Evo2k11.

So 2 months experience of Poongko vs Yun or 3+ years of many chances, opportunities in which Daigo would've played against Seth. You compare the two and see which one makes more proper sense.

Statement: "Daigo wasn't playing like himself. He kept doing so many wake up DP kicks, and he was getting punished a lot. He wasn't mentally in the game"

My Answer: One of the worst excuses ever here. The answer is vividly written all over the gameplay of their match up. Daigo was simply outplayed period, hence why he made so many mistakes.

Poongko seemingly knew everything Daigo was going to do before Daigo even did it. Things like early jump end, bait to attack, backdash backwards. Then Daigo expects an attack and does Wake Up Kicks to counter, only to whiff completely and eat Smell my Feet Tactics. Or move, throw out early whiff attack, bait up kicks while blocking in anticipation then pawn.

One of the things in this match that I think kind of exposed Daigo was the fact that the "Ume-Shoryu" didn't work for him and even worked against him when he did it. I think Daigo kind of relies too much on his so-called "psychic" DPs to get him out of bad situations or situations where he has to guess what to do. Sirlin commented on the "Ume-Shoryu" in this video at about 3 minutes in and told a story about how he and S-kill counted how many times Daigo DP'd with Sol in a GG match. Their final total was something like 9. That just goes to show how much he relies on DPs as an instant out in those situations. Poongko was able to figure out Daigo's guessing game and take advantage of it and it paid off big time.

Once he got Daigo out of sync, Daigo then started to question what to do on wake up, which then resulted in him basically doing nothing. This gave Poongko to then simply land Ex-SPD's on Daigo for free. Even the jump back with Seth, then at that second, Daigo dashes in thinking he's got the initiative only to have Poongko throw a SB at his face to knock him back down to reset the positioning game again.

This was pure genius play by Poongko's part which completely threw Daigo out of his gameplay. Remember here folks. Poongko plays like how many Korean Players do in fighting games. Back in my past, I've played against some great Korean Tekken players. Like MDJ, Leedy etc, etc. Yes, they are Tekken players, however look to their gameplay and compare it to Poongko's. You'll see their is almost no difference in their mentality.

They are super aggressive, and the last one being that they love to be flashy. Seth is a character that fits all of those aspects in which Poongko plays too.

Mentally up to that point, nobody would've been more prepared than Daigo, since he's had arguably again, the most play time, the most exp, and the most dominant player in AE up until Evo2k11 in his match up against Poongko.

No excuses.

Statement: "Seth has been one of the best characters in SF4, he's just underestimated, he was OP in Vanilla, Super and now in AE. After seeing Evo2k11, Seth is a better character then even Yun is in AE."

My Answer: Probably the worst excuse I've heard in the Daigo vs Poongko debate. Now, I know that some or should I say, a lot of enthusiast who are Pro-Daigo are trying to make valid reasons to The Beast losing. However this is the lowest of the lows now.

Seth was OP in SSF4 and Vanilla? Lol. In SSF4, no way is Seth better then the noted characters in their like Guile, Cammy, Chun, Honda etc, etc. Without a doubt in Vanilla does he even breath on the likes of Sagat and Ryu.

Yun in AE has great options, and most importantly he takes less risk, but has great rewards for his options. Dive Kick gives him cross up shenanigans, bait tactics, low hits, you name it, DK is great in AE. Ex-Shoulder, one of the best Ex-Moves in the entire AE game.

Genei-Jin super is hands down, the most powerful Super to show up within the SFIV series (btw, CC's such as this needs to be removed from future SF games. Because they have never been balanced, every one of them has always been broken, and it makes the game trashy as hell). It gives Yun normal cancelables, special canceables, frame advantages, frame priority, etc, etc. His mixups become even more deadly, he can drain basically half your life, is capable and usually puts you into a corner so the Yun player has the advantage afterwards and can even be canceled into Ultra for wtf factors.

His Ultra again is one of the best in the game, and I'm only listing a few parts of Yun's game, not all of it. I'm sure most of us already know what Yun can do. However in contrast to Seth, who has the worst lifebar in the game, so if he's hit five times, he's basically dead. He does not have the luxury of all of those frame advantages, crazy canceables. None of his Ultra's or even supers are remotely close to as powerful as Yun's.

Their is no reason to continue because its glaringly obvious that Yun is the better overall character, and by a good margin within AE. Is Yun the "best" character in the game? That can be debated, since for me personally, I believe Yang is the best character in AE, but he just doesn't get the same love as his brother counterpart he only takes an IQ of 7 to play effectively. At this point however, their is no false on my part when I say that Yun is within the Top-3 best characters in AE, again with many stating him #1, which is not wtf with his dominance since AE's arrival. However Seth>>>Yun? That would literally make Seth, Top-3.

Does anyone here even believe Seth's top-3? Lol? Better then Fei-Long, Yang? :rolleyes: I'm sure we can all agree, this is a last ditch attempt.

I always think it's hilarious when people say that Seth needs to be nerfed when he ALREADY had a big nerf in AE. Remember his jump back fierce from the first two games? Gone. People were concerned about it being removed too and that Seth would be a worse character because of it. I guess it didn't change that much after all.

My conclusion: This isn't a ploy to hate on Daigo Umehara. I <3 the guys skills, I <3 the fact this guy will to tries everyday be one of the best SF players of the modern day era. I like it that he helps to promote the SF games by going from country to country to play in tournaments. If you've ever met him in real life, the dude is super nice and has a great personality.

My only gripe are those whom are blinded from his wins, and his Evo 2-time champion wins, blinded from the first time they really got into fighting games and it was because they saw that Evolution 2004 video of Daigo. However, At Evolution 2011, Poongko was the better player, and completely outplayed him. To seal the fate even more, Latif then plays Daigo and beats him as well, with an almost perfect win during the last round as well.

Evolution 2011 doesn't have the random factor like SBO to where a single set dictates the entire factor. It's double elimination, so the results are more truthful, and not to mention, the japanese players have even noted very clearly that they like Evo's double elimination more so then their own SBO single elimination because it removes the results of the random knock out that can happen.

Take it for what you want to think, but at Evo2k11, against Poongko, Daigo was straight up, out played, out gunned, and lost convincingly. You don't randomly perfect The Beast by getting lucky.

On a last note...

I'd chalk it up to either trolling or stupidity. Youtube commenters are not exactly the pinnacle of human intellect and I doubt they expect anyone to take their comments seriously since most people do not take the opinions of 4th graders seriously. Generally though, you just have to learn to ignore it. Ume-****riders are just an incredibly vocal and obnoxious fanbase and it's extremely unlikely that they'll ever not be that way.

Not that I know what it's like to be part of an obnoxious fanbase or anything.

But who knows, maybe the opposite is true and in Japan there are people on Nico Nico Douga who are *******s to Daigo and totally ****ride Justin Wong.
In general though, I agree with what you said. Poongko beat Daigo. Period. There's nothing more that needs to be said than that.

Top Bottom