• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Gates

Banned via Warnings
>_>

I can be your FG bro!

Naw, who am I kidding. Aside from you and Lythium, Gates was one of the most knowledgeable people when it came to fighting games. Despite what he says to the contrary, (some of) his posts were actually very insightful.

Ah, well.

Smooth Criminal
>implying i'm knowledgeable about fighting games

Aw... I'll miss you Gates (again)
omg Minato likes me, my life is complete.

Fixed.

10Fluttershys

It took me too long to find that image, I think I might need to start pruning my Pony folder.

a lot more characters feel like that they can rush down sim easier now that AE is out.
Some of them can, but for the most part the Sim matchup is the same as ever. I think more people are discarding Sim because he's pretty free against Yang and Yun (and most dive kick characters really).

Training music? :bee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oDTNEEu3Rw

I have this now. E.Ryu is pointless. New Ken is fun. Yun and Yang feel slower than they did in 3S, and Oni is GDLK.
The whole game is slower than 3S.

I dont think gates is coming back this time. Makes me sad since he's my fg bro.
Likewise, I'm gonna miss Gates. Blunt and funny.
Dammit Gates why you have to get banned? See ya Gates.
Aww, you guys are a bunch of gaywads sweet. :)

So since you guys all enjoy reading my posts so much but I feel I've kind of grown out of SWF, let me ask you this: If I started a gaming blog, would anyone be interested in reading it? It would be a general gaming blog since fighting games take up only a small part of my interests these days, but it would update weekly or semi-weekly. It would have my usual style of humor of ripping off Yahtzee, The Nostalgia Critic, and Red Letter Media being completely and totally original and I'd be posting stuff like game reviews, major fighting game event commentary, and thoughts on the gaming medium and topics within it (games as an art, problems with gaming community conventions, etc.). So what do you think? Would anyone be interested or should I not waste my time?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's a new record. I haven't played SF4 in five days.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone know the top 8 results for South Florida Showdown II? I can't find the results anywhere online.

ks0ccergk

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm practically brand new to street fighter (I played a little of 3rd strike and SFII Turbo when I was a kid). I want to get good on a competitive level, and have been browsing a ton of SRK.com and watching videos, but I'm missing a practice partner. I have it for the Playstation 3, and basically I want to ask if there is anyone who would like to pummel me into the ground repeatedly, while giving constructive help. My PSN is C0brah__ (zero and two _), please add me if you wouldn't mind helping!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wish I could help, but I'm on XBL and I can't get on there until college starts.

Otherwise, I could pummel you into the bedrock and teach you how to read and appear random.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Alright decided to get a stick so I can start learning it. Don't have the 150 for the best ones but
I still want to get one to start on. Any recommendations on okayish ones?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I like when Poongko is ****** someone and people are like "nerf Seth" and I'm just like really? The only successful player that isn't playing the twins and you want to nerf his character? Whaaaaaaa?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Hey guys, I'm practically brand new to street fighter (I played a little of 3rd strike and SFII Turbo when I was a kid). I want to get good on a competitive level, and have been browsing a ton of SRK.com and watching videos, but I'm missing a practice partner. I have it for the Playstation 3, and basically I want to ask if there is anyone who would like to pummel me into the ground repeatedly, while giving constructive help. My PSN is C0brah__ (zero and two _), please add me if you wouldn't mind helping!
Hey man, I'll add you. Or you can add me first, JamStunna. I play Chun, Mak, Juri and (a really bad) Cammy.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Akuma and Sim play really good against sagat in every game. Akuma played too well against him in vanilla... remember s.rh loop?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I despise Rog. I can't decide which is more boring, Derprog or Yawn.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can't stand him, and it's not like, say, fighting Fuerte who is just as annoying as the player. It's more of the fact that the matches are so bland after you do the matchup so many times.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Sagat had bad mus? I don't remember which ones they were.

:phone:
He has even matchups with Ryu, Dhalsim, and maybe Akuma, but I don't think Sagat was really at a disadvantage in any of those.

Of course, by vanilla Sagat standards, an even matchup is a bad matchup I suppose.

remember s.rh loop?
Wasn't that loop on the whole cast though?

ThreeX

Smash Lord
He has even matchups with Ryu, Dhalsim, and maybe Akuma, but I don't think Sagat was really at a disadvantage in any of those.

Of course, by vanilla Sagat standards, an even matchup is a bad matchup I suppose.

Wasn't that loop on the whole cast though?
Akuma vs sagat is 6-4 in every game, and no it was character specific...

it worked very well on sagat and abel, also worked on guile, and possibly rog? I forget ;_;

Top Bottom