• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

ThreeX

Smash Lord
lmao, I'll always hate him. I was talking to a few of the 3s vets around here, and they all hate him as well, said he was even more random in that game.

So my super disk has a pretty freshhhhh crack in it. Everything is breaking around me. My xbox just **** the bed 2 days ago, my mic, and now super? It truly is the end of the world.

twiiiist, is your xbox still ****ed up?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
They both have their high points. I like PS3 pad, the store, the free online, and the straight foward felling of the system but I hate the way the online handles friends and messages. I almost never know when someone messages me. I REALLY hate that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just came back from a weekly tournament. I got second, losing to a Yun (no surprise there) making this the second time I've gotten second at these tournaments.

My Fuerte brings all the boys to the yard hyped up.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know what it is, but since around March or April, I've been getting a lot better in the mental aspect of the game. I keep my composure in check, I'm more unpredictable, and my style has started to become more and more distinct.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I probably would've not made it as far if these two other players were there, but making it that far out of 20-ish feels like a nice accomplishment for me.

That being said, I owe making it that far to a friend of mine who plays a mean Dee Jay. He was telling me to stay on top of the opponent when I backed off due to risk and then move all over the place, but we both agree that I should be no further than mid-range from my opponent.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can get 2 consistently, but it's tough sometimes afterwards, especially on the shotos and the twins since their hitboxes act weird.

Toneh

Smash Lord
Learning AE, I'll jump back in here when I have the combo's down :cool: (360 version)
the combo system in ssf4 are known as links, where each combo has specific timing on each attack. my advice for practicing links is baby steps. like if you are practicing yang's cr.lp > cr.lp > cr.mk xx rekkas, get the timing down for the first part then practice the cr.mk cancel into rekkas. if you can do both combos 10 times in a row each, then combine the whole thing together.

but really practice is the only way to get links down perfectly, just keep grinding in that training mode.
Some combos are tricky since they don't explain how they work, but combos have something called links and chains. Links are two moves that can combo into each other but you have to time the button press as soon as you recover from the previous move's animation (Ryu's crouching medium punch x2). Chains are like MvC3 where the moves don't have strict timing and you can mash them out like in Marvel (these will be crouching light punch x3 or whatever).

This might be confusing but, they also don't tell you is that you can't cancel chain combos into a special. You can't mash 3 crouching punches into a hadouken. To get around this, you have to link the last crouching punch instead. So you can mash out 2 crouching punches, and then link the last punch.

I'm probably just confusing you, but you should look it up so the trials make more sense.
That helped a bit thanks, used to marvel where you hardly have to time them. Its good reading in this thread too, from a smashers POV

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I can get 2 consistently, but it's tough sometimes afterwards, especially on the shotos and the twins since their hitboxes act weird.
Really? Since AE was released my RSF's come out like butter. I can land 4 fierce into knockdown pretty easily a large majority of the time. (offline atleast)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, it got easier after AE, but there are some problems I have when I try to learn it.

1. In an actual match, the chance for me to pull it out is less often than you think.
  2. I don't have it in me some times to pull it off. This is really just a confidence thing that I need to shake.
  3. My execution may just crap out on me randomly.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I may retire my Akuma from ranked matches if I fall below 4000 BP.

Or until everybody is a B rank so I can finally profit from wins.

Til then, I'll just Endless and practice different characters.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As much as I want to play online matches, lag has been getting real bad for some reason. I go to my settings and see I got 3 bars as normal. I wonder why that is.

I think I'll be playing Fuerte solely. I'll save the character experimenting for SF x Tekken.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Dude, that's like implying that I have a regular type of peen.

It's like forty dollars in Canada to purchase a physical copy, so I imagine it's cheaper if you a) buy it in the US, and b) buy it online through the console's store. But I could be wrong.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Dude, that's like implying that I have a regular type of peen.

It's like forty dollars in Canada to purchase a physical copy, so I imagine it's cheaper if you a) buy it in the US, and b) buy it online through the console's store. But I could be wrong.
>_____> FUTANARI! AHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY DID I ****ING IMPLY IT?!

*bleaches his brain.*

Hrm, okay. I'll double-check PSN in a minute and see what the dealio is.

Smooth Criminal

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Actually, it got easier after AE, but there are some problems I have when I try to learn it.

1. In an actual match, the chance for me to pull it out is less often than you think.
  2. I don't have it in me some times to pull it off. This is really just a confidence thing that I need to shake.
  3. My execution may just crap out on me randomly.
If you play online a lot just force yourself to do it every chance you get. You'll lose more often in the beginning but it will become second nature. That's how I learned how to perform it consistently at least.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sorry Jam about yesterday. My PS3 was acting up and it got stuck at the loading screen.
I should probably start saving up for a new one. At least I still have my 360.

Anyways, it's weird using Yun in this game. I'm too used to 3S Yun's timing and GJ combos.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Ok I hate Cody so much. His wakeup game, or lack thereof is making my sodium levels rise to unreasonable amounts. Losing entire games because of one knockdown... **** Cody, I'm learning Yun.

Top Bottom