• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Just watching ReveLAtions and CEO.

That thing Juicebox did after landing the ultra with Juri was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
"OmegaXVII
Smash Hero Join Date: Jul 2006
Wii #: 3451 8304 6694 6682

You should post that here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...21930&page=329

as for advice..eh try less defensive, more offensive"

DO NOT DO THIS.

You're playing Sim for a reason.

Anyways, you're pretty damn good. Learn some OS's and use you moves correctly and you're good.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I wish I wasn't at work today so I could have seen everything :/

Either way when I get back to town the first thing I'm doing is downloading AE on the PS3. Now I won't have to spend 75 cents a game AND Hakan is actually good! :D

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You should've seen Neo (not MvC2 Neo) play Juri during teams on the Revelations stream yesterday.
His Juri was pretty crazy, imo.
I played him back in April when he came down to Louisiana. Guy is freaking good, coming from a first hand experience.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yo so just got back into this game! My man Troll hawk is still pretty damn good. Just beat some 20000 point ryu today. Was pretty proud. C: Although online probably doesn't matter too much.

Any who, anyone have the new tier list? I heard T-hawk has fallen to the lowest of the low in the tiers/ Even below hakan. .___.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I beat a Balrog with 14,000 BP with my scrub-*** Ryu. It was the greatest moment of my Street Fighter career.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I need to get back to playing it tomorrow, but I was having ****ty online connections for two days so I haven't felt like it. Played a lot last night offline and learned some useful Dee Jay notes from a friend of mine. Although, it's gonna annoying to switch the HDMI from my new BluRay player to my 360 and vice versa.

And I thought I'd say this. You wanna know my number one complaint with this game is? Links. I'm fine with things like Sakura's LK Chunpukyaku > cr.HP, but I find it frustrating that I have to learn the timing for MP>MP>Chesto! for Makoto. The thing I love about BlazBlue and similar fighters is the revolver system. I have the fundamentals, but I hate having to spend extra time to get basic three hit combos when that shouldn't be necessary when all it does is give those whiners that think tech skill is that important where you have to INCREASE the barrier something to feel good about.

I'm just glad SF x Tekken is getting rid of the prominence linking has in SF4.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, pretty much every Capcom fighter requires links except for Marvel. It's just something I've gotten used to.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, pretty much every Capcom fighter requires links except for Marvel. It's just something I've gotten used to.
Doesn't Darkstalkers use chains though? Like I said, I'm fine with links as a concept, but not where I need to get the timing down for several parts of an attack.

Imagine trying to something simple like Makoto in BlazBlue's 5B>5CC>6B>5C where instead of chains, you had to link all five attacks (or four if 5CC is a target combo).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Doesn't Darkstalkers use chains though? Like I said, I'm fine with links as a concept, but not where I need to get the timing down for several parts of an attack.

Imagine trying to something simple like Makoto in BlazBlue's 5B>5CC>6B>5C where instead of chains, you had to link all five attacks (or four if 5CC is a target combo).
Yeah, Darkstalkers uses chains, but some combos (and infinites) require links. Like SF, you can't special cancel out of a chain. But I agree with you though. SF4 requires extensive knowledge of links compared to past games which could get overwhelming. This was one of the reasons I'm not good at SF4. I didn't spend enough time to get them down.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
You have to link ground to jumping moves in VS. And dash jab infinites are links (BB Hood and Bishamon only do it).

Where the **** is ThreeX? That dudes Akuma was GDLK.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Again, I'm fine with those kind of links because those make sense, and those links occur at specific points in combos, not after each attack (generally). In a real life fight, what makes more sense to you: To do an attack and then reset your stance for the next once or immediately go from one to the next in a fluid movement?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You also get extra frame advantage from chaining two LPs/LKs which lets you link into whatever as well in VS.
But yeah, I think Ono even said in an interview that he got the idea of SSF4's links from Vampire Savior.

Anyways, I still need to get AE. I don't even feel like touching Super anymore.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
And I thought I'd say this. You wanna know my number one complaint with this game is? Links. I'm fine with things like Sakura's LK Chunpukyaku > cr.HP, but I find it frustrating that I have to learn the timing for MP>MP>Chesto! for Makoto. The thing I love about BlazBlue and similar fighters is the revolver system. I have the fundamentals, but I hate having to spend extra time to get basic three hit combos when that shouldn't be necessary when all it does is give those whiners that think tech skill is that important where you have to INCREASE the barrier something to feel good about.
so your number 1 complaint is that you don't want to practice?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
In a real life fight, what makes more sense to you: To do an attack and then reset your stance for the next once or immediately go from one to the next in a fluid movement?
In a RL fight, Kuma, you might not have the luxury of "going from one to the next in a fluid movement." Especially if the person your attacking pulls a Dudley and CROSS COUNTAHS you.

XD

Seriously, though? Links? Damn. Some of them are tough (one-frame links), but as with anything else, practice makes 'em bearable.

I really wanna pick up AE now that I don't have a whiny *** roommate who grouses about SF being "slow and boring."

Smooth Criminal

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
In a real life fight, what makes more sense to you: To do an attack and then reset your stance for the next once or immediately go from one to the next in a fluid movement?
IRL combo's arn't as viable because the majority of characters have hyper armor frames on most of there attacks. :V

EDIT: Oh speaking of yun, is it worth getting the twins? Was thinking as playing as yang and pretending I have some dignity instead of using yun. Are they like pick-up-and play characters ,because I usually opt for slow grapplers. Only quick character I play is dudley and its pretty scrubby. :<

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
No, I don't hate practice. For the last time, I find the practice time required in SF4 to be more than it needs to be.
This mentality is what created MvC3. Lowering the difficulty of a game to make average players as good as top level players.

Execution is a strong point of the game. It always has been. Making it easier to high damage/stun combos IMO defeats the purpose of having those specific combos.

Viper requires ******** execution, but once you have her down her damage output is ********.

:phone:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Not to mention in every single fg ever the more execution heavy characters are more fun to play at the end of the day. Braindead, boring *** characters suck. Period. This is why I quit Smoke in MK9, they took out his ONLY execution barrier now he's just as easymode and boring as the next.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Sorry but I like to do cool things without having to practice so much that its muscle memory that its burned into my brain. this is why I play grapplers. Less combo based, more footsie and yomi based.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
And I like to watch and do things that are cool and impressive instead of something I could do in 10 mins.

edit: and Grapplers have terrible footsies, but you have to make them good at it, which is another reason I hate grapplers.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Zangiefs arn't that bad! Standing medium (ZANGIEF CHOP) is just godly! T-hawk however can't play the footsie game that well. I rely alot on doing condor dive a few times knowing they'll block and punish it, and then just do an empty jump into 360 sense there mentally trained to block my jump ins. Condor spire is also pretty damn good for closing the gap and 360 works like almost 75% of the time afterwards. His DP is also really good if you know there gonna try and jump to dodge a 360. T-hawk has options when he gets in. Its just getting in thats the hard part. .___. You gotta make your opponent afraid of your normals to grab them.

Or do what all the pros do and turtle mash 360s. :D

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Giefs's are okay. If he didn't have that MP and cr.MK it would be crap. It's still stupid. You have characters that will suck without playing footsies that has a mediocre footsie game. WTF

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I have a knack for picking characters with ******** concepts. *yoshi main*

Screw the footsie game though.
They should just give Zangief a teleport grab. :D

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This mentality is what created MvC3. Lowering the difficulty of a game to make average players as good as top level players.

Execution is a strong point of the game. It always has been. Making it easier to high damage/stun combos IMO defeats the purpose of having those specific combos.

Viper requires ******** execution, but once you have her down her damage output is ********.

:phone:
Viper may require insane execution, but she's also insane from a strategy standpoint.

How does lowering the execution barrier defeat the purpose of those combos? Their primary purpose is for punishment, not to be execution barriers. Lowering the execution barrier doesn't make a game easier overall. Taking out options makes the game easier because there's less stuff to worry about (i.e. Brawl). If eased execution does not remove the strategic options and only broadens the appeal, I fail to see the problem.

Top Bottom