• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Well its been a fun couple of years using Fuerte but I'm tired of using a bad character.

I for one welcome our new Yun and Yang overlords. I'll be joining them in a few hours.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
$100+

FT5 me vs. you. What's up?
I ain't challenging you for ****. I hate this stupid ****ing game and I don't play video games for money anymore.

My point was that if you haven't won money off a video game you don't deserve to talk **** about it. You talk like you've won 10 majors in this game but you never back it up, so who's to say you're not just a scrub who thinks he's good or someone who grinds through online (LOL).

So have you won money off SF or not?

Also, why can't we put mods on ignore list? There are so many mods I'd like to not see posts for anymore.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I ain't challenging you for ****. I hate this stupid ****ing game and I don't play video games for money anymore.

My point was that if you haven't won money off a video game you don't deserve to talk **** about it. You talk like you've won 10 majors in this game but you never back it up, so who's to say you're not just a scrub who thinks he's good or someone who grinds through online (LOL).

So have you won money off SF or not?

Also, why can't we put mods on ignore list? There are so many mods I'd like to not see posts for anymore.
I wasn't challenging you for money. I was saying I've won 100+ dollars.

Here's a point: Stop blurting nonsense about things you know nothing about. I talk like I'm confident that I'm the best SF4 smasher.

Stay salty. Stay free.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Okay this game is kicking my ***. lol I mean, I am new to fighters but I can't seem to do the simplest things. MvC3 is coming along easy enough. Is the timing like super specific? I can get something like 1-2 times out of every 15 tries.

Any advice besides quit sucking? lol

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That's because MvC3 has more buffer than a stream.

Seriously.

You just have to practice. If it's not linking, then you're probably not doing it quickly or precisely enough.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'm ranked in the Top 5 Akuma for the time being.

Living it up right now :awesome:

EDIT: By Top 5, I mean I'm ranked at #2, currently. Japan ain't been on yet that much.

EDIT2: GGs, Kumo, btw.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Death by snoo-snoo!
:D
D:
D:

GGs, Serin.

I'm liking Yang, and I'd much rather play him than Yun. Ironically, I want to learn Yun's fighting style in real life.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Okay this game is kicking my ***. lol I mean, I am new to fighters but I can't seem to do the simplest things. MvC3 is coming along easy enough. Is the timing like super specific? I can get something like 1-2 times out of every 15 tries.

the combo system in ssf4 are known as links, where each combo has specific timing on each attack. my advice for practicing links is baby steps. like if you are practicing yang's cr.lp > cr.lp > cr.mk xx rekkas, get the timing down for the first part then practice the cr.mk cancel into rekkas. if you can do both combos 10 times in a row each, then combine the whole thing together.

but really practice is the only way to get links down perfectly, just keep grinding in that training mode.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Some combos are tricky since they don't explain how they work, but combos have something called links and chains. Links are two moves that can combo into each other but you have to time the button press as soon as you recover from the previous move's animation (Ryu's crouching medium punch x2). Chains are like MvC3 where the moves don't have strict timing and you can mash them out like in Marvel (these will be crouching light punch x3 or whatever).

This might be confusing but, they also don't tell you is that you can't cancel chain combos into a special. You can't mash 3 crouching punches into a hadouken. To get around this, you have to link the last crouching punch instead. So you can mash out 2 crouching punches, and then link the last punch.

I'm probably just confusing you, but you should look it up so the trials make more sense.

Omni

BRoomer

Who do you use specifically? That'll help a lot.

I'm ranked in the Top 5 Akuma for the time being.

Living it up right now :awesome:

EDIT: By Top 5, I mean I'm ranked at #2, currently. Japan ain't been on yet that much.

EDIT2: GGs, Kumo, btw.
Nice! I'm like Top 20 Yun at the moment.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Last I checked I'm either 10th or 11th best Fuerte (lol).

I'm looking at other characters to learn, but the fact that combos are links makes it so much harder to change from one character to another, unlike BlazBlue.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Last I checked I'm either 10th or 11th best Fuerte (lol).

I'm looking at other characters to learn, but the fact that combos are links makes it so much harder to change from one character to another, unlike BlazBlue.
this. i'm soul searching for a new main after honda's nerfing and i can't link to save my life (that's why i played honda in the first place).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I haven't gotten AE yet. My friend should get it so I might just get it from him.
I'm looking on buying the disc version for the 360 though, so it'll be fun to play people here on XBL.

I'm pretty bad in SSF4 though. :(

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
this. i'm soul searching for a new main after honda's nerfing and i can't link to save my life (that's why i played honda in the first place).
I'm holding on to Fuerte, but I just wanna try out a new character for in the event Fuerte doesn't show up in the next SF game so I have someone to fall back to. I don't want to pigeonhole myself with SF, yet I'm wanting try out characters like Julia and Cammy in SFxTK. Having chains instead of links for the bulk of your combos is so much easier.

Maybe I'll look at Dudley. I'd look at Yun but he's herp derp in terms of damage output and safe stuff and I'd just be relying on him instead of my own intuition.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Trying to grind in this game is ****ing stupid. It's like, I can win 3 games and lose one. And that ONE game will take away all the ****ing PP that I gained.

:phone:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Man, **** that. I'm just gonna wait until *****s have reached my level of PP and BP so that I won't lose a ****load when I do lose.

Omni

BRoomer
Lol. Stop creating games. If you look at some of the highest PP guys you'll notice they come from the 2P side. That's cuz they look for games with people with a higher skill level or same skill level.

Tho sometimes it can be weird and you get paired up with someone with low PP even tho you asked for higher skill level. But the average is normally good.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I just downloaded AE... Man, I have no idea what I'm doing. I like Yang a lot, but I suck at this game. Although, it probably has a lot to do that I haven't played SF in months, so I'm just rusty as hell. If anybody wants to play add me on PSN: Niightshade-

I'll probably be on until about 1:30AM EST.

Omni

BRoomer
Lol, nah. I have like 1.2 PP and and 3K BP. Losing to like low PP players who are actually gdlk in this game. I feel your pain.

:phone:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Man, **** that. I'm just gonna wait until *****s have reached my level of PP and BP so that I won't lose a ****load when I do lose.
Honestly? No one gives a **** about that stuff but yourself, and online is not a good indication of how good of a player you actually are.

This best advice I can give you is take some time to reflect on how you played. Don't ever put yourself in the mindset of "OH I LOST BECAUSE THAT PLAYER WAS BETTER THAN ME." It's the mental equivalent of giving up. Spend time thinking about how your game needs improvement. And if you can't really figure out what you did wrong or what you can do to improve, ask people. They should know how or why they beat you, so get engaged to find out what to do. Make your game stable.

Top Bottom