• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You should probably focus on your footsie game first.

Smooth Criminal
AKA, all you need with Viper are more mix-up burn kicks and seismos. :laugh:

I'd give advice if I could, but tbh, I'm pretty bad at SSF4. All I can say is, try to learn a simple character on the side. Diving into the game with Viper can be difficult. Especially if you aren't grasping proper spacing. It's difficult since lower level players will be sacrificing a lot of their time worrying about execution during a match and lose sight on what the opponent is doing.

Edit: And ouch on those responses to Serris lol.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
AKA, all you need with Viper are more mix-up burn kicks and seismos. :laugh:

I'd give advice if I could, but tbh, I'm pretty bad at SSF4. All I can say is, try to learn a simple character on the side. Diving into the game with Viper can be difficult. Especially if you aren't grasping proper spacing. It's difficult since lower level players will be sacrificing a lot of their time worrying about execution during a match and lose sight on what the opponent is doing.
Oh, I've switched over to Cody and have been doing much better. I'm still training Viper as a secondary character.

Edit: And ouch on those responses to Serris lol.
I was expecting it.

Atlus8

Smash Master
There was some really great stuff yesterday! JozHear from Canada really gave it to Europe's 1 team! Wish Xian went Yun for this instead of Gen! I'm not expecting him to do much at this!

Turazrok

Smash Master
Why is viper so ridiculous lol.. although same could be said for any top tier.

voorhese

Smash Master
1st SSFIV tourney is this wednesday. I am going to be playing dhalsim. There are gonna be a lot of bad matchups for me there, any advice? I have the basics of sim down, and some solid decision making i think. I think for the most part it will just be a learning experience.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
For those that missed it, I'll try to get the 5v5 Teams stuff from Canada Cup up when I can.
I've heard that Canadacup gaming intends on selling all the matches recorded and won't be uploading them to any public(youtube) website. If that's the case then really hope people were ripping the stream because we may have lost a lot of the amazing matches.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I have 2.45 gigs of Canada Cup matches including the entirety of the 5v5 Teams Tournament that I'm going to be slowly uploading. Does that count?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Fuerte just isn't cutting it for some of my matchups. I get slaughtered by Bison, Honda, and Blanka if they all wait patiently. I'm thinking of trying out Juri as a secondary since she has zoning options and WAY better footsies.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Sorry to hear that!

Also, I have been playing nothing but 3SO lately so decided to play some AE and the game feels so limited to me without the parry and high jump! Really had a hard time getting back into it!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sorry to hear that!

Also, I have been playing nothing but 3SO lately so decided to play some AE and the game feels so limited to me without the parry and high jump! Really had a hard time getting back into it!
After a few matches on solid connections, it definitely all came back to me. It did feel weird approaching since I do main Ibuki in both.

And I finished watching "I Got Next". It was pretty entertaining, I liked it.
It was a nice review on what happened during Vanilla days.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's just so hard to play characters that need to hit confirm on 3SO because of the lag.
It's probably one of the reasons I only use shotos on matches that don't lag so badly.

SolarChimecho

Smash Apprentice
Final AE 2012 blog changes will be posted tonight.
3 days until AE 2012 hits Japan arcades.
14 days until AE 2012 DLC.

If Cody gets another shopping list of buffs, i'll eat my hat.

Edit: Actually the changes are coming sooner than i thought.

"SSFIV AE 2012 change log for all characters goes live tonight at 5pm PST, in English, Span, Ital, Fr, and Ger. Check@Capcom_Unity" - From Seth Killian twitter.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
There are a lot of unlisted changes scattered across the roster. I'm going to have to see if they did anything to Viper.

Oh, and I swapped mains over to Chun-Li, now that I actually know what I'm doing.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
To be perfectly honest, as I've attested earlier, even with those nerfs to Yun, I don't see how he's going to fall that greatly from the list. The #1 reason is that Genei-Jin is still going to be super strong, even though it now has a 1 second removal.

That simply isn't enough, because the other factors that Yun gains while GJ is active are pretty much all still there. Frame Advantages, priority, damage output etc, etc. I don't see how any of the nerfs will stop it from being the best super within the game, again.

The simple fact that it is a Custom Combo like Super which simply puts it over the edge in contrast to all other supers, and the option of it being activated while in a combo string will still give it tremendous potency.

I've always said that Yun needs to have this super removed for something else as its advantages overclass all other SF characters by too large of a margin due to what it does. When has any modified CC been balanced in a SF game? Never. Case and point.

Overall 2012 looks to be better, with Genei-Jin being my only real beef with the game.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
IDK dude.. CCs have been broken since day one in SF. I think only Juris has been balanced (but it's not like the other systems aka Genei-Jin, V-ism, and A-groove).

Do I think it needs to be removed? Hell no. That's like taking Aegis from Urien. You just can't have the character without that. Hopefully Yun will be good, not dominant.

Japan thought Yang was better anyways. *shrugs*

Top Bottom