• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
They're switching to the Marvel Stream now. That sucks, this should have been like Apex where they had a separate stream for different games. Lame!
Marvel is just as credible as SF4. It has been popular and the community has stayed large for 10+ years

Marvel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SF4

Seriously. wtf
I understand you want to contradict him, but expressing your opinion as a fact won't help. Why not list why he is wrong in saying that with facts?
Lol dumb, Marvel is **** compared to SSF4.
Ill just suggest you read what I said to twist
And now amazingly they're showing BlazeBlue over SSF4. Team Spooky is a bunch of idiots.
Team spooky is a dedicated fighting team who don't prefer fighters. The fact that they broadcasted TOURNAMENT MATCHES instead of the sf friendlies is not wrong. The fact that they like games equally shouldn't make them subject to such ebrasive criticisms.
You're crazy. Marvel is the only reason fgs are still relevant.
Lots of fighting games add to the community. cmon man.
May I ask why you think this slow *** bnb spammer is better than Marvel?
You're contradicting yourself. You complain about his superimposition of street fighter over marvel and then you do the same with marvel and blazblue. you're just as bad.
edit: btw, as most of you know, i dont hate ssf4, its just that imo its one of the more boring games out of the game I play. It's at the bottom of the barrel at this point. Same with BB.
Lol ********, it's only been a year and Street Fighter 4 has contributed more to the fighting game community has, dude SF4 andSSF4 and single handedly responsible for revitalizing the fighting community, a large reason why MVC3 is even being created is due to the overwhelming success of SF4, god you're an idiot fan boy.
Uh, no. When popular fighting games are released, they always make an impact. ssf4 isn't special. The fighting game community was fine before. Marvel is up there with one of the most popular fighting games of all time. With its lasting community (one of the longest. Only Sf2t gets more playage, IIRC). Marvel was being conceived before SF4 came out, and street fighter would've been successful no matter what.
Also SSF4 is a lot better than Marvel because it's not broken. It's not just one hit and you die and 9/10 of the characters are useless. MVC3 is a dumb game.
If you're saying infinites... then yeah, they are overwhelming ON A TOP LEVEL. With what you have given me, you're at that level where running three cables works. or three black hearts...
hez kewl he haz darknessesz
The fact that the game is dominated by characters with infinites doesn't mean that your game is limited.

OMG STFU. Why should I be grateful? Of course they are streaming it, they are doing to make more money. They get money for all the hits they get over the stream not to mention how much they shamelessly have advertised their own merchandise. Dude stfu about us being grateful when they did for themselves and not us, I don't think it's too much to ask that we get a good stream. Then again I think they did end up showing all of the relevant SSF4 matches so maybe I'm not giving them enough credit.
No, they have to pay to run tournaments and set stuff up. The money goes right back into streaming. Its not like they just have money that they can pull out and say HERE IS TEH ULTIMATES STREAM FOR YOU.
You can't call them stupid for streaming some games you like and some games you don't. They could just not stream SSF4
Guys, can't we all get along with each other? :)
No, because Merkuri is ignorant. He insults anybody who likes anything but Street fighter four. He has no facts to back up any of his claims, and his misplaced knowledge of fighting games in general makes him unsuited to post here or in the FG game thread.
Twist, you need to step your game up too. you don't have to stoop to his level.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
No, because Merkuri is ignorant. He insults anybody who likes anything but Street fighter four. He has no facts to back up any of his claims, and his misplaced knowledge of fighting games in general makes him unsuited to post here or in the FG game thread.
Twist, you need to step your game up too. you don't have to stoop to his level.
What is this? I'm not ignorant and I don't insult anyone unless I feel insulted. Granted perhaps I've been too sensitive lately, and that last post I made probably over did it. However I still feel as if Twist has no idea what he's talking about and I don't think there anything that implies otherwise.

If you disagree with what I say, or believe I'm misinformed then tell me why. I've said a lot to back up my claims, you're the one who hasn't done anything.

Edit: Ah you edited the quotes. I'll respond to you later.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If anyone on PSN wants to throw down my PSN is EmblemLord and I play Sagat.

Carry on.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Subscribes to thread.

Acquires popcorn.

On-topic: so, I started playing this game. Viper, to be specific. And while I was lurking on SRK, I noticed that Viper has a high jump, but it doesn't give the notation. Basically, what I'm wondering is if it's similar to other high jumps in fighting games, as in 27, 28, or 29 notation?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
On-topic: so, I started playing this game. Viper, to be specific. And while I was lurking on SRK, I noticed that Viper has a high jump, but it doesn't give the notation. Basically, what I'm wondering is if it's similar to other high jumps in fighting games, as in 27, 28, or 29 notation?
Tap down then up, just like an MvC game, I'm pretty sure it's listed on her movelist as well in game. Viper is a pretty hard character to get into at first, good luck man.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
uuuugh Sakura why are you so fun and taking all my time ;_;

c. lk > c. lp > c. mk > L Hurricane kick > you know the rest

Also if they keep blocking c.mk or something FADC out of it to a throw really keeps catching people off guard for me at least

U I >>>>>>> UII

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

Carry on.
Yo I'll hit you up on PSN next time im on. I play Fuerte and Bison my PSN is Brightside6382.

Also MvC2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SF4.

I know someone said it already but it must be stated again for emphasis.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

Carry on.
Yo I'll hit you up on PSN next time im on. I play Fuerte and Bison my PSN is Brightside6382.

Also MvC2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SF4.

I know someone said it already but it must be stated again for emphasis.
I'd definitely hop in but my PS3 I've been lagging a bit lately, even when wired...

Add me anyway though.

PSN: Kmatador77

I main Guy and second Bison/Akuma/Fei.

Edit: Speaking of which, my apologies @ JamStunna and Minato for the lag last time we played. Hopefully you guys were able to still have a decent session.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'd definitely hop in but my PS3 I've been lagging a bit lately, even when wired...

Add me anyway though.

PSN: Kmatador77

I main Guy and second Bison/Akuma/Fei.

Edit: Speaking of which, my apologies @ JamStunna and Minato for the lag last time we played. Hopefully you guys were able to still have a decent session.
No problem. It wasn't just you though. I've been getting weird lag lately too with people in the same state.
I think I've been getting better in SSFIV lately. I still have some matchups that I need to read up on.

Also, playing online has been changing my style (in a bad way). I don't go for as many links.

Anyway, I have an Akuma question. How does his demon flip/kick/punch thing work?
Does it hit overhead? And how do you avoid getting hit by some of them? Does the flip only grab standing players and is only the punch the overhead?

I can't use my PS3 at the moment, and I was just curious.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
What is this? I'm not ignorant and I don't insult anyone unless I feel insulted. Granted perhaps I've been too sensitive lately, and that last post I made probably over did it. However I still feel as if Twist has no idea what he's talking about and I don't think there anything that implies otherwise.

If you disagree with what I say, or believe I'm misinformed then tell me why. I've said a lot to back up my claims, you're the one who hasn't done anything.

Edit: Ah you edited the quotes. I'll respond to you later.

K then. You want me to argue then i will soon as I get my computer fixed. Believe me though, i've been in this arguement plenty of times and it always ends in "its subjective, people like different things" or w/e.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Palm hits overhead
demon flip dive kick can be blocked low
demon flip throw can't throw crouching characters
obviously can't block the sweep high
normal divekick is an overhead

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
It's easy to see the dive kick coming though since it must be used at the apex (demon flip or otherwise) and you'd want to block it high so that it hits earlier and, thus, less frame advantage.

What I really hate are the mix ups after the Demon Flip.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Alright, thanks guys. Good to know. I don't play SSFIV much anymore so I don't know how certain moves work.
Akuma matches will be easier to deal with after knowing how that works.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks guys. Good to know. I don't play SSFIV much anymore so I don't know how certain moves work.
Akuma matches will be easier to deal with after knowing how that works.

Demon flip grab DOES catch crouchers guys. Also look out for empty palms into low short. If the akuma goes for random cross up tatsus, i'm pretty sure you can crouch those with any character, or if you play a shoto you can low forward under them and grab their landing.. i think anyways.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Yeah it does. Sorry.

If you crouch on wakeup and akuma is jumping at you you're just asking to get comboed for 300dmg

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yooo it's all good bby grl<3 Who are you playing as now anyways?

so after running games with my buddy smooth cat.. i've come to the conclusion that my footsies are *** ;( I really need to learn my spacing against certain characters. (chun li HEE HEE HEE HEE HE EHE)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Demon flip grab DOES catch crouchers guys. Also look out for empty palms into low short. If the akuma goes for random cross up tatsus, i'm pretty sure you can crouch those with any character, or if you play a shoto you can low forward under them and grab their landing.. i think anyways.
I see. Thanks. Also, doesn't Akuma have an Option Select during this to catch backdashers?
Guess I'll just have to learn how to deal with Akuma if I'm ever stuck in his Vortex.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
yooo it's all good bby grl<3 Who are you playing as now anyways?

so after running games with my buddy smooth cat.. i've come to the conclusion that my footsies are *** ;( I really need to learn my spacing against certain characters. (chun li HEE HEE HEE HEE HE EHE)
Now, Squirrrrrrel, don't be talkin' down on yo'self. Gotta be strong, like my Cammy, Seth, and Abel (The Rushdown Trinity).

I see. Thanks. Also, doesn't Akuma have an Option Select during this to catch backdashers?
Guess I'll just have to learn how to deal with Akuma if I'm ever stuck in his Vortex.

I thought that was the Palm whiff and then sweep or something.

ThreeX

Smash Lord

he can do like.. safe jump then OS sweep. He can also safe jump with palm and do the OS. It's really good against rog, gouken, fuerte, and uhhh.. i know there's one more D:< but yeah.. just beats all their options pretty much. Certain characters can OS sweep to punish backdashes though, it's not just akuma

Minato, who do you play as?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
he can do like.. safe jump then OS sweep. He can also safe jump with palm and do the OS. It's really good against rog, gouken, fuerte, and uhhh.. i know there's one more D:< but yeah.. just beats all their options pretty much. Certain characters can OS sweep to punish backdashes though, it's not just akuma

Minato, who do you play as?
My top 3 are Ibuki, Ken, and Cammy.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
My top 3 are Ibuki, Ken, and Cammy.
Yeah, all 3 of those characters are a little rough for akuma. Maybe not so much for ken. Akuma can't tatsu->sweep ibuki or ken. Not sure if you knew that.. but there ya go! B)

I'm pretty sure akuma can't zone as much as he would like against ibuki, since her ex neckbreak is gdlk, and it might also punish his teleport? Idk, mess around with OS, maybe there is one to punish his lame teleport. I'm not familiar with ibuki at all, so i'm not sure how good her normals are.

I'm not a cammy pro but a friend of mine plays her. Pretty sure akumas normals are better then her's, but once she gets in, it can be a pain. The fear of her damage off of frame traps definitely keeps me on my toes for c.teching and **** :\ Not to mention i feel like i'm always getting kicked in my balls everytime i try to run a mix up off KD.. I guess i just have to bait out DPs more, but I have more trouble with her DP then i do with ryus D:< fack! Idk if that's good to know, or if i'm just *** at aiming my demon kicks.

No really good knowledge there, sorry B(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Thanks anyway. I don't have any real problems with Akuma as of yet since my character matchups with him aren't bad whenever I play smart. I was just trying to figure out how that dive command worked. I remember having a similar problem against El Fuerte since I didn't know how his moves work. Now he isn't so bad at all.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Ryu's DP sucks. It gets stuffed by everything meaty and even a lot of jump-ins. Sagat's DP sucks too.

Cammy's DP is one of the good ones. You can't OS sweep her btw. And Cammy's normals are much better than Akuma's. Doesn't help that she can easily counter air fireballs/ground fireballs/teleports with Spiral Arrow or Ultra. It's definitely in Cammy's favor, but still roughly even.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Really? XD I'm good at Pokemon but mind goes to mush at theory =[.

Anyways, just wondering (as I'm getting this game soon), is it true Claw/Vega/Whatever sucks? He looked low on a tier list ._.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Anyways, just wondering (as I'm getting this game soon), is it true Claw/Vega/Whatever sucks? He looked low on a tier list ._.
he was *** in vanilla sf4 but he got way better in super. he does pretty good damage and can be annoying to fight against plus his new ultra is really good. he doesn't have any wakeup options though plus he has quite a bit of bad matches (honda and abel say hi) but he can win.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've been having issues with my community that's becoming immature real fast. How are you guys with hate in your community?

All I can do to try and fix mine is to just do what I do and let haters hate.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
What do you mean "immature" and "hate?"

Like a guy who is good loses to someone who isn't as good from a bad read/decision and then everyone calls him a scrub now? People who don't understand that practice goes into everything and learn from your defeats?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, it's from a match I was in a while back. I was relatively a nobody in the area and I beat one of the more active players in the area. I posted a link to it months ago. Apparently, I'm a scrub if I can't RSF and all I do is "play random". Let's just say there is some ill will towards me, but it's hard to tell how strong it is since this all being expressed online.

Top Bottom