• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Definitely a lot of fun. Guile is not fun to play against, however. I was always under the impression that SF required more tech skill to play, but it's not so much tech skill as character knowledge.
correct. for the most part, depth in capcom fighters comes from character knowledge, understanding footsies, out-randoming your opponent, and overall just playing smart.

as for hdr, it's a good game but i know **** about it other than honda, much less blanka. once you get a knockdown try ****ing with his charge time with crossups. that's my best guess but like i said i know **** about hdr.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
a 1 frame cancel? You're canceling the normal, into the special move maaang. C.mk to fireball, fierce punch to srk, fierce punch to tornado.. they're all timed the same, and they're all cancels
I tried IMing this too you but I guess you were AFK or something. Anyway I'll repost it here.

so I can't respond to you in the thread because I'm banned again but
about Rufus cl.HP into HP Galactic Tornado
RyanMartinGates 12:31 am
Rufus' cl.HP is active for 2 frames
that means the first frame after startup is what your opponent has to be hit with and the frame after that is what you need to cancel into GT
if you don't you get the massive recover animation
RyanMartinGates 12:33 am
shoto c.MK is out for 5 frames, so it's a lot easier to special cancel from
same thing with standign fierce into DP
RyanMartinGates 12:34 am
sorry, Ryu's c.MK has 5 active frames, the rest have less, but the principle is the same
so it is a cancel but it's still one frame

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
You guys are hilarious.

That just means you can't hit confirm with cl.HP. Like you ever would in the first place.
Idk if Shotos like to hit confirm off their cr.MK (since all I ever see is cr.MK --> Hadou), but it's a big thing with Cammy, but I'm going on a tangent. My point is there are attacks that linger for the purpose of hit confiming and those that hardly linger at all and are just combo fodder.

DOESN'T MEAN IT'S HARD

Also, forgot to mention that there is such a thing as start-up on his cl.HP and there is also something called a buffering window that also happens to be gigantic.

Just to be clear, this is all commenting on the cancelling, not the linking.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yeah, I was about to ask...you can buffer cancels can't you?

LK HP is impressive though...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I guess I don't know **** about this game. cl.HP -> HP GT is hard for me though but guess it's not so for most people.

I don't hit confirm with cl.HP, but Rufus' typical punishing combo is cl.HP -> HP GT. Rufus' best hit confirm is divekick, but LK and c.LK are good too.

I think Akuma uses c.LK more than c.MK as a hit confirm, but other shotos hit confirm off c.MK for days.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
sooo Daigo got blown up by Sako.. good ****.

Seasons beatings is getting a **** load of hype, can't wait for this weekend

Minato

穏やかじゃない
sooo Daigo got blown up by Sako.. good ****.

Seasons beatings is getting a **** load of hype, can't wait for this weekend
Yeah, I saw those matches. While I like Daigo and all, I definitely wanted Sako to win way more.
Not to mention Cammy's my other main besides Ibuki.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Sakos technical abilities make him a MONSTER.

Those BB Hood comboes prolly make Cammy's comboes easymode..
Watching that guy play VS is like watching Isai play Smash 64 lulz.

EDIT : man I just saw the match between KumaOso and Gootecks on youtube.

that **** was hilarious lol

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Sako is awesome. I found a new bandwagon. To many on Daigo's Quite a few on Gamer Bee's & no one wants to be in jwongs. so ill hop aboard Sakos Band wagon lol

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Watching that guy play VS is like watching Isai play Smash 64 lulz.
Not quite because isai ***** everyone while there's a lot of people that are like sako. Chikyuu, Bow, Kaji, Ego, DD, and Kosho. Kosho's prolly just as good as sako on the real but his style of play isnt nearly as fun to watch.

Have these smileys always been here? :oneeye: :reverse: :scared: :woman: :glare: :c

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Those smileys must be new. I know they added more pokemon smilies too.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Not quite because isai ***** everyone while there's a lot of people that are like sako. Chikyuu, Bow, Kaji, Ego, DD, and Kosho. Kosho's prolly just as good as sako on the real but his style of play isnt nearly as fun to watch.
It's more the fact that they both can do combos that can be considered almost impossible to do by hand.

But of course Isai just destroys everyone.

I'm an Akuma main and I'm confused by this. Can you cancel the teleport into Demon Armageddon at any point during the teleport? I thought it was only at the very end.
Yup, that's how you combo into it too!

st.fierce xx teleport xx Ultra 2

Merkuri

Smash Lord
It's more the fact that they both can do combos that can be considered almost impossible to do by hand.

But of course Isai just destroys everyone.

Yup, that's how you combo into it too!

st.fierce xx teleport xx Ultra 2
So you're saying you cancel the teleport at anytime into Ultra 2? That's ****, I may start practicing with it.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
So you're saying you cancel the teleport at anytime into Ultra 2? That's ****, I may start practicing with it.
yeah it's cool to practice, but tbh ultra 1 is still really good man. You wanna use U2 against rufus or another akuma. The anti air properties of u1 are just so amazing, try to practice kara demons with low rh... that **** is just gdlk B)

edit: just a reminder again, seasons beating will be streamed friday-sunday. Team Spooky will be streaming it, pretty sure he'll be on ustream.

this tourney is going to be nuts, don't miss the stream :D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just played online with a friend. It was a green connection since he doesn't live TOO far away.
And now I remember why I don't like online for this game. lol

Online really messes my play style up. I need to go to tourneys when I get the chance.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Is there a new stream or something? The one that was before appears to be dead.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
^^ Yeah it works fine now.

In others news Uryo's heart just doesn't seem to be in the Gods Garden Finals, he's consistently dropping links like a mid-level U.S. Viper player. I don't really blame him though, first to 10 is more a test of endurance than it is a test of skill.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
They're switching to the Marvel Stream now. That sucks, this should have been like Apex where they had a separate stream for different games. Lame!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
They're switching to the Marvel Stream now. That sucks, this should have been like Apex where they had a separate stream for different games. Lame!
Hey, the Marvel stream was great. It had stuff like Lightning Storm DHC to HSF DHC to Blue Screen.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Marvel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SF4

Seriously. wtf

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Marvel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SF4

Seriously. wtf
Lol dumb, Marvel is **** compared to SSF4.

And now amazingly they're showing BlazeBlue over SSF4. Team Spooky is a bunch of idiots.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
You're crazy. Marvel is the only reason fgs are still relevant.

May I ask why you think this slow *** bnb spammer is better than Marvel?

edit: btw, as most of you know, i dont hate ssf4, its just that imo its one of the more boring games out of the game I play. It's at the bottom of the barrel at this point. Same with BB.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
And now amazingly they're showing BlazeBlue over SSF4. Team Spooky is a bunch of idiots.
SSFIV's going to eventually be streamed anyway, so just wait.
I think it's good that they're trying to stream as many fighters as they can.

And be grateful Team Spooky is actually streaming this.

Top Bottom