• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You're crazy. Marvel is the only reason fgs are still relevant.

May I ask why you think this slow *** bnb spammer is better than Marvel?

edit: btw, as most of you know, i dont hate ssf4, its just that imo its one of the more boring games out of the game I play. It's at the bottom of the barrel at this point. Same with BB.
Please tell me you don't play Brawl competitively cuz if you do then you can't trash SSF4

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Oh ok. I was about to say...seriously? But yeah if you don't play Brawl then yeah that's fine that you think that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd edit that post, ETWIST, if I were you. The mods don't like censor bypassing.

It's a good thing I tuned into the stream earlier when I did. Good to know that Viper can HJC into her Ultra 1.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
EL has posted in this thread since Vanilla. So him posting again isn't really that much of a surprise. lol

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
My friend won a Local tourney with Dan.
It was pretty amazing.
The people weren't amazing, but they weren't scrubs either.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I knew Justin could beat GamerBee. He just had to pick a terrible character to do it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was looking into trying Makoto out. Then I read about all her kara-cancels. I think most of these of characters are too technical for me to catch up and still main Fuerte. Maybe it's not a bad thing I don't have a secondary.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Season's Beatings stream was great. I was thinking Momochi would win, but Gamerbee took first.
Seeing Justin using Makoto for all those matches was pretty awesome.

And most importantly, I'm glad the stream didn't cut out during finals.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
lol, I'm glad I was proven wrong on how bad Makoto is, given by how she's getting such positive rep from a lot of players.

She's still bad though.

Also, I thought Evo stream was better, but these commentators knew what they were talking about for every game this time around. I raged nonstop at how ignorant people were about Blazblue and TvC.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Yeah this tournament was sick, stream was great, and every match was just amazing. It was too hype when Momochi went akuma... but then he got **** on.

Btw, did anyone notice that the akuma player Spriggan went up a little too many times? He played pr rog in winners, and knocked pr into losers. Then played him again in losers bracket (which should mean that spriggan also got sent into losers from someone else) and lost to pr rog. Then today he played against wong and KDZ, wtf?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
You're crazy. Marvel is the only reason fgs are still relevant.

May I ask why you think this slow *** bnb spammer is better than Marvel?

edit: btw, as most of you know, i dont hate ssf4, its just that imo its one of the more boring games out of the game I play. It's at the bottom of the barrel at this point. Same with BB.
Lol ********, it's only been a year and Street Fighter 4 has contributed more to the fighting game community has, dude SF4 andSSF4 and single handedly responsible for revitalizing the fighting community, a large reason why MVC3 is even being created is due to the overwhelming success of SF4, god you're an idiot fan boy.

Also SSF4 is a lot better than Marvel because it's not broken. It's not just one hit and you die and 9/10 of the characters are useless. MVC3 is a dumb game.

SSFIV's going to eventually be streamed anyway, so just wait.
I think it's good that they're trying to stream as many fighters as they can.

And be grateful Team Spooky is actually streaming this.

OMG STFU. Why should I be grateful? Of course they are streaming it, they are doing to make more money. They get money for all the hits they get over the stream not to mention how much they shamelessly have advertised their own merchandise. Dude stfu about us being grateful when they did for themselves and not us, I don't think it's too much to ask that we get a good stream. Then again I think they did end up showing all of the relevant SSF4 matches so maybe I'm not giving them enough credit.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
OMG STFU. Why should I be grateful? Of course they are streaming it, they are doing to make more money. They get money for all the hits they get over the stream not to mention how much they shamelessly have advertised their own merchandise. Dude stfu about us being grateful when they did for themselves and not us, I don't think it's too much to ask that we get a good stream. Then again I think they did end up showing all of the relevant SSF4 matches so maybe I'm not giving them enough credit.
Wow, no need to get defensive. All I meant was that we shouldn't be taking streams for granted; considering in the past, we didn't have the luxury of watching tourneys through streams. I am sad that some stuff like 3rd Strike and Super Turbo didn't get streamed, but that's just how it is. Luckily we don't have to pay to view streams like for Tougeki. And I wasn't (and still not) attacking you in any way.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Marvel isn't broken.

ST was streamed (only GFs tho)

Daigo rapin ST with one eye closed and a hand behind his back.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

& this is what happens when a spoiled brat enters the equation. Lets go back to the time were you had to watch Evo on DVDs. or maybe cellphone quality videos. or better yet No videos @ all & we could just read the tournament results on SRK. that sounds much better.

YOU should be very much so grateful.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Lol ********, it's only been a year and Street Fighter 4 has contributed more to the fighting game community has, dude SF4 andSSF4 and single handedly responsible for revitalizing the fighting community, a large reason why MVC3 is even being created is due to the overwhelming success of SF4,
And what kept the FG community ALIVE for a DECADE??? It surely wasnt 3S. It didn't need to be revitalized if it never died.

god you're an idiot fan boy.
The pot calling the kettle black situation going on here.

Also SSF4 is a lot better than Marvel because it's not broken. It's not just one hit and you die and 9/10 of the characters are useless. MVC3 is a dumb game.
....wow...

im pretty sure you just ruined yourself in terms of fg knowledge to everyone in this thread. You sound like a straight up scrub. no bull****. you didnt even give me good reasons.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
In the arcade today I played Blanka. Start of match: Slide, hop to other side, slide, hop to other side, slide, hop back, he shoryukens, j.hk > c.lk > Vertical ball for stun, taunt, throw.

He got pissed

And what kept the FG community ALIVE for a DECADE??? It surely wasnt 3S. It didn't need to be revitalized if it never died.
GG, MvC 2, Super II Turbo, Alpha 3, 3rd Strike, Tekken 4/5/DR/6/BR, CvS 2, KoF 2002, Virtua Fighter 4/EVO, Soul Calibur II/III even to a lesser extent Smash just to scratch the surface in the US only....

A combination effort, ffs.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Xbox 360 Hori Fight Stick $30

Get or don't get??
Soz, want to get into street fighter, but I cannot play it with a **** 360 control @___@ . Was hoping for at least a decent fightstick so hoping this one might be worth it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's a good beginner stick, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Cheap Hori sticks like that are a ***** to mod, and aren't made of especially good parts. It will break within a year of regular use. If you want a cheapish stick to try, get a Mad Catz SE. You can always mod it later with better parts, if you want to continue using it.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Lol dude it was dead. Those silly Marvel tournament couldn't even break 300 attendants, it was compared to Street Fighter tournaments. Despite your witty remarks which aren't an actual argument, I'm still convinced you are an idiot. When a community is dead it means that people are playing a blind eye to it and the community is just growing, the Marvel community has been stagnant forever, the same people playing now are the same people who were playing 6 years ago. U dumb(I can't emphasis that enough)

And btw 3S has contributed just as much as Marvel has to the fighting community, unlike Marvel it actually prompted international players to compete.

....wow...

im pretty sure you just ruined yourself in terms of fg knowledge to everyone in this thread. You sound like a straight up scrub. no bull****. you didnt even give me good reasons.
instead of saying my fails why don't you actually make a counter argument as to why it fails. Again, u dumb.

Top Bottom