• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Merkuri

Smash Lord
people at your gamer club must be pretty bad.
Well in truth there is only one person there who stood a chance at beating me, and I was just playing particularly well that night.

Why would people want to quit ranked matches? I don't get it. It's so much fun.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
GGs before Hemightbegiant! Wish we had a little less lag than we do.
Same! You're one of the exceptions I make for the "only fight with a green connection rule"

Trust me, I normally don't suck that bad :p. Except when I picked random and got Ibuki and the like I really had no idea what I was doing.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Same! You're one of the exceptions I make for the "only fight with a green connection rule"

Trust me, I normally don't suck that bad :p. Except when I picked random and got Ibuki and the like I really had no idea what I was doing.
I definitely don't think you're bad. I'm 100% sure the matches would be different if we were offline. You're a smart player, a lot like Minato. I doubt I could beat either one of you offline.

I do hope we can play again and have a magically lagless connection. Maybe if it's just the two of us, it'll be a little better.

stranga

Smash Journeyman
I still haven't been able play anyone here and I could really benefit from playing some different people
so pm me if you want to play

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I definitely don't think you're bad. I'm 100% sure the matches would be different if we were offline. You're a smart player, a lot like Minato. I doubt I could beat either one of you offline.
I used to play Abel but started Blanka near the end of last year in the arcade for Vanilla IV, he's better in there than in Super IV but he's still good, but I still have a lot to learn. I also have no clue when to do his Ultra II except for anti-air, doing the ground version just always backfires, especially on a character like Guy who can just flip > grab, EX Air Tatsumaki, etc., not to mention I just guessed wrong there anyway. Charging for Ultra's online AND with a PS3 controller is a ***** either way I usually only do an EX Ball or Hard punch, or cowardly crouch by mistake.

I picked up Dee Jay, Hakan, and Dan for the lulz, I have an alright grasp of Dee Jay I suppose but I need to stop guessing the most predictable choices (EX-Jackknife counters when you're ducking thinking you would flip > elbow again, etc.). C. Medium Punch > EX-Machine Gun is a hassle for charging online, especially trying to FADC from another move into it. Not even gonna bother trying to do stuff like sweep > Ultra II online, it's already a pain trying to land either of his online, I'm just gonna wait for a good punish. Hakan online is suicide, and Dan is just trolling, although his Dankukyaku and EX-Dankukyaku's are pretty good actually.

I would love to fight offline tho.

I do hope we can play again and have a magically lagless connection. Maybe if it's just the two of us, it'll be a little better.
Do you have a stick, btw? I can't do most Target combos or chains for crap on a PS3 pad, and Guy is prettyy input crazy too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
God, doing Ibuki's vortex is so inconsistent online. There are times where I can pull off the combo into Neckbreaker and other times where they're blocking and I'm screwed.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I used to play Abel but started Blanka near the end of last year in the arcade for Vanilla IV, he's better in there than in Super IV but he's still good, but I still have a lot to learn. I also have no clue when to do his Ultra II except for anti-air, doing the ground version just always backfires, especially on a character like Guy who can just flip > grab, EX Air Tatsumaki, etc., not to mention I just guessed wrong there anyway. Charging for Ultra's online AND with a PS3 controller is a ***** either way I usually only do an EX Ball or Hard punch, or cowardly crouch by mistake.

I picked up Dee Jay, Hakan, and Dan for the lulz, I have an alright grasp of Dee Jay I suppose but I need to stop guessing the most predictable choices (EX-Jackknife counters when you're ducking thinking you would flip > elbow again, etc.). C. Medium Punch > EX-Machine Gun is a hassle for charging online, especially trying to FADC from another move into it. Not even gonna bother trying to do stuff like sweep > Ultra II online, it's already a pain trying to land either of his online, I'm just gonna wait for a good punish. Hakan online is suicide, and Dan is just trolling, although his Dankukyaku and EX-Dankukyaku's are pretty good actually.

I would love to fight offline tho.
Yeah, I know a few of those inputs from experience are really difficult to do...Some of them that I can ACTUALLY get to work are extremely inconsistent and not even worth the risk.

Dan players beat me often because of his Dankukyaku and his other shenanigans. It happens so often the embarrassment doesn't come rushing after my defeats anymore...it's more like acceptance, lol. I think I've gotten a bit better against him now though, I'd have to fight one under good conditions to really see.

My DeeJay wants to be more like yours when he grows up. I'm waaaaay too aggro with him.

Do you have a stick, btw? I can't do most Target combos or chains for crap on a PS3 pad, and Guy is prettyy input crazy too.
Yeah, I have a stick. I play on both pretty equally though since I don't always have access to it (a friend of mine borrows it for tourneys).

Guy's target combos are actually pretty easy once you have the timing. It's one of those things that literally become effortless after awhile, especially because of how often you end up needing to use it.

I can even do the Bushin Chain on SFA3 now, and that input seems much more frame-perfect than the SSF4 version.

Lol i earned 2 dollars doing Balrogs trails i felt god like.
but then again he has some easy *** trails
Lmao yeah...Balrog Links = Easy Mode

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
g/t is KumaOso

You'll know what time it is when you fight me.

stranga

Smash Journeyman
I'll be sure to send a friend request or something to you guys so we can play. I just hope the connection will be good

or just message me
gt: SUPER SIMEON

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That reminds me. My birthday is this Saturday (20 years old *****es!) and my three month subscription is about to expire.

In other news, urge to kill lag is rising. I'm starting to wonder if the high tendacy to use certain characters is because of lag. That would explain the few Vipers, Rufus, and Fuertes (okay, maybe not that one).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
In other news, urge to kill lag is rising. I'm starting to wonder if the high tendacy to use certain characters is because of lag. That would explain the few Vipers, Rufus, and Fuertes (okay, maybe not that one).
Oh yes, in arcade and PS3 matches at the arcade I go to Rufus is one of the most used characters in both Vanilla and Super IV, but none of them play Rufus online regularly. Well, none of them play online regularly, but you get the point. C. Viper is used consistently in the arcades, but it's not as common as Rufus, and one of them I know for a fact does not play online at all.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't play Rufus, but I'm curious, does using him in lag ruin him? I know Viper is hard to use online, but I'm curious on Rufus.

And also, lag does influence who I use online. I use Ibuki only on some player matches and on green connections.
If the connection is a little iffy and I want to win, then I'll choose Ryu or Guile.

If I don't care about winning, I'll use whoever.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
YEAH!!! Thats what the **** im talkin about. Thanks mang.

Edit: dammit, didint work. Its in gif format like every other one i found for some reason. Im tryin to remember where i found my urien one i had a while back that was a jpg but i cant remeber.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
YEAH!!! Thats what the **** im talkin about. Thanks mang.

Edit: dammit, didint work. Its in gif format like every other one i found for some reason. Im tryin to remember where i found my urien one i had a while back that was a jpg but i cant remeber.
The second pic should work since it's not a gif file.
And just resave the first picture into a png file and it'll work if you really want to use that one.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
<33333

I got all my pics from fightersgeneration.com

(if you have problems going to that site using some other type of browser, use firefox)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't play Rufus, but I'm curious, does using him in lag ruin him?
His BnB has two 1-frame links.

BnB: LK, cl.HP, HP Galactic Tornado

LK HP is a 1-frame link.
cl.HP HP GT is a 1-frame link.

So yeah, doing that in lag can be extremely difficult. The rest of his combos aren't too bad though, specifically his combos into U1.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Best Dudley on smashboards

GT : TAG7191

Send me a message or something any time.

STOP JUMPING1!!
Quoted for emphasis.

Somebody play this guy and tell me how badly u got ***** :laugh:

He's 360...but if you're PS3 and can't play him, I'll gladly take you on ^_^

ThreeX

Smash Lord
His BnB has two 1-frame links.

BnB: LK, cl.HP, HP Galactic Tornado

LK HP is a 1-frame link.
cl.HP HP GT is a 1-frame link.

So yeah, doing that in lag can be extremely difficult. The rest of his combos aren't too bad though, specifically his combos into U1.

not positive, but i'm pretty sure the HP to tornado is a cancel.

and 1 framers are just a matter of practice. If you make the effort, you'll get the timing down, even with lag (well.. depending on how much lag it is I guess LOL)

Online is still trash though

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So, I just played a good four hours of SFIIHDR with a competitive player I met in the gaming club here.
I started off with no experience, getting perfected almost every match. By the end, I was taking games off him, and occasionally sets.

Definitely a lot of fun. Guile is not fun to play against, however. I was always under the impression that SF required more tech skill to play, but it's not so much tech skill as character knowledge.

I use Blanka.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
SFII is a lot less execution heavy than SFIII or SFIV. SFII has a much heavier emphasis on footsies, zoning, and mindgames than the other games in the series, due partly to the fact that the hardware it was designed for frankly wasn't capable of long or complex combos and cancels.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
You're right, it is a cancel.

Still one frame though.
a 1 frame cancel? You're canceling the normal, into the special move maaang. C.mk to fireball, fierce punch to srk, fierce punch to tornado.. they're all timed the same, and they're all cancels

Top Bottom