• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero

Gates

Banned via Warnings
correct me if i'm wrong but I think that's based off of Mr. karate from the SNK games?

Could be either but most likely Go Hibiki imo. Both characters appearances are based off of tengu.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
are you talking about his new alt?
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/09/17_altcostume01.jpg

correct me if i'm wrong but I think that's based off of Mr. karate from the SNK games?

Well it's actually his dad, but his dad wears a Tengu mask just like Mr. Karate. Just like Dan is a parody of Ryo, Dan's dad is a parody of Ryo's dad.

edit: @ Zero, definitely from the collab<3 that **** is great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8jSbwUE_Zk

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well it's actually his dad, but his dad wears a Tengu mask just like Mr. Karate.
But isn't Dan's Dad not wearing a Tengu mask like Mr. Karate, but instead he just has a long nose?
Or maybe I'm remembering things wrong and just making stuff up...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
.... Etwist, you're so lucky I love you.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/495979

enjoy

oooh yeaah girl... gimme duhh chocolate SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONIC BOOOOOOOOOOOBS
I nearly vomited when I first saw that. Now I just laugh my *** off.

All we need now is some pee-pee.

Wait, can we give him the link to that since he's under 18?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Dan's father fought with Sagat and, iirc, they were almost even, but then Dan's father, on the brink of losing, gouged out Sagat's eye. In a burst of rage, Sagat killed him.

Honestly, what the heck? I swear, Sagat must be the only honest fighter in the world because everyone else cheats.

In SF1, Sagat beats the crap out of Ryu. At the end of the match, Sagat offers his hand to help Ryu up, but Ryu not only declines, he does a freaking uppercut and knocks Sagat out.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I don't know if it's an accident, all I know is what went down.

Capcom may have retconned that Ryu was temporarily overcome by the Dark Hadou in the Alpha games, but I know the truth. He's just a dirty cheater.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I have a habit of neutral jumping after an opponent's block string to avoid grab attempts. I didn't even notice it until someone I played online pointed it out. Now I can see myself do it every time, but I'm not sure what to do instead. Any suggestions?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Remind yourself that this isn't BlazBlue.

Also, use the throw option select.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I have a habit of neutral jumping after an opponent's block string to avoid grab attempts. I didn't even notice it until someone I played online pointed it out. Now I can see myself do it every time, but I'm not sure what to do instead. Any suggestions?
walk back, jab, back dash, option select, or use an attack that can beat grabs (like a shoryuken or something).

ThreeX

Smash Lord

Crouch tech, but don't rely on it too much. Once you start to see people trying to punish your crouch techs with frame traps, then you have to start thinking twice about it.

stranga

Smash Journeyman
back dash out of that...or just random ultra, that's always fun

btw, I made top 8 at the last utah ranbat. You'd think I won I'm so happy

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I remember you neutral jumping a lot on wake-up/block strings.
I think the best thing to do is to just block and just deal with it until the block string is over.

Like ThreeX said, crouch tech but don't rely on it. I just do it only when I can tell when the opponent might try to tick throw. But yeah, the best thing to is just to wait it out and then try to avoid getting stuck in another block string, IMO. You play Chun and Makoto so it's not like you have any great/threatening reversals.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Play Adon. Then you actually have a reason to do this.

stranga

Smash Journeyman
Also stop playing makoto, but seriously it's sometimes best to just block and wait it out then trying to always escape or counter everything

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Walking back will just get you swept.

If you're Rose or Cammy or etc. you can backdash as a very viable option.

Stop playing online (but then come back to it eventually and rage about lag then wonder why you came back... it's what I do) and try looking at times where the opponent tends to grab and react when they do.

SRK all dai. Command throw all dai. Jab all dai.

Option selecting gets ***** by blockstrings, imo, but whatevs.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Chun's best reversal IS backdash into sweep. Punishes everything that takes longer than a jab except moves that punish backdashes.

Makoto....you're screwed.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Super Street Fighter IV skips PC release thanks to piracy

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/22/super-street-fighter-iv-skips-pc-release-thanks-to-piracy/

producer Yoshinori Ono confirmed that while the PC version of Street Fighter IV was a big seller worldwide, the publisher has no plans to put the new and improved Super iteration on home computers due to the platform's high rate of piracy.

Ono added that a PC port is still possible, if Capcom can find a reasonable DRM solution for the title.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
****ing pirates messing everything up. And still most people like them more than ninjas. Unbelievable.

Top Bottom