• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

kr3wman

Smash Master
The current engine for SFIV probably wouldn't allow juggling like that, so I doubt it'll be there.
I want to try him out. I did use Yun a bit in 3rd Strike.
Why wouldn't it?

Just because SF4 doesn't have as much 'free juggle' flags as third strike doesn't mean you can't put it in.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Juri didn't actually get weaker, people just didn't know pinwheel was punishable.
Nooooo, this isn't true. She could EX-pinwheel to ultra in the corner, among other things.

As far as Yun goes, we'll wait and see. Genei-jin obviously won't be the same as it was in 3rd Strike, because that would be ridiculous. There still needs to be some work done on it since people are reporting some genei-jin combos that are doing about 40-50 percent. No way they'll allow that if they know about it, especially if it can be comboed into easily.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I know right? Soon you'll be able to combo off of command normals too.
relax. I'm just disappointed with the fact that the dive kick looks like its primary use is going to be towards Yuns offense pressure game instead of being a spacing/cross-up tool used in 3S.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Nooooo, this isn't true. She could EX-pinwheel to ultra in the corner, among other things.

As far as Yun goes, we'll wait and see. Genei-jin obviously won't be the same as it was in 3rd Strike, because that would be ridiculous. There still needs to be some work done on it since people are reporting some genei-jin combos that are doing about 40-50 percent. No way they'll allow that if they know about it, especially if it can be comboed into easily.
you realize most supers already do around 40% and can be comboed into easily, so Genei-jin won't be a problem as long as Yun doesn't build meter like a monster.

which he does right now.

=)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
relax. I'm just disappointed with the fact that the dive kick looks like its primary use is going to be towards Yuns offense pressure game instead of being a spacing/cross-up tool used in 3S.
Aren't crossups part of offensive pressure?

Divekicks still go at an angle depending on what button you press, so it can be used for spacing and footsies in that regard.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm just mad that they added Yun and Yang into the game instead of Sean. I can understand Yun because he was popular in 3rd strike since people are tier whores, but Yang? WTF?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Because Dan isn't enough of a joke character. There needs to be at least 3.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Why would you want Sean is the real question here.
I think it's just ******** that another shoto wasn't added in Super Street Fighter, and now their adding more characters and still not another shoto? It's stupid, shotots are the most popular characters in the series; they add over a dozen characters and still not an another shoto? It's insulting.

Because Dan isn't enough of a joke character. There needs to be at least 3.
Lol you're dumb. Sean was top tier in 2nd strike. He isn't a joke character at all.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
you realize most supers already do around 40% and can be comboed into easily, so Genei-jin won't be a problem as long as Yun doesn't build meter like a monster.

which he does right now.

=)
I disagree that most supers can be comboed into easily. Most characters have only one or two reliable setups max and your opponent should be on the lookout for them. Also if you combo into them they tend to do less than 40 percent (unless you're Akuma or Seth) but the combo will do like 33 percent so I'm pretty much just splitting hairs here.

Sean is actually kind of a popular character and is only kind of a joke character. The joke mostly comes from his story where he constantly gets beat down in his endings. He even alludes to this in one of his win quotes ("Don't call me Dan") and was very strong in the first two SF3 games.

However I strongly disagree that the game needs more shotos. Furthermore, Sean was never really strong due to new or (in my opinion) interesting mechanics but rather for his high damage output.

Maybe Sean could be a pallet-swap of Ken. I know his moves aren't quite the same (plus he'd be missing the overhead kick) but this would be good enough.

And if the rumors are true that they're going to add four more people from SF3 (two being Yun and Yang) I think that Alex, Hugo, Q would all be interesting choices (and they're popular!) while I personally would like to see Elena.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Oooh, I didn't know that there were 2 more characters who haven't been revealed yet. They should definitely be Sean and Alex.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The biggest mark against Sean is being a shoto, I agree. A more unique shoto (oxymoron, lol) but a shoto nonetheless.

Elena, Alex, or Karin are the only ones that I actively want to see (Yun was too but he's in). If Hugo, Rolento, Sean, or Q make it in that's still alright (Yang was too but he's in). R. Mika is one of the few non-SF I characters that I wouldn't mind if she never appeared in a future release again.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
LOL at the people who think sean is a joke char. Gates, you haven't played 3S, so you most definitly didn't play 2I, he was RAPPPEEEEE. Don't think of Sean as a Dan, think of him as Rachel.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Aren't crossups part of offensive pressure?

Divekicks still go at an angle depending on what button you press, so it can be used for spacing and footsies in that regard.
Exactly it can do everything instead of being relegated to only specific functions.

I miss the slam dunk srk Sean had going in 2I

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Oooh, I didn't know that there were 2 more characters who haven't been revealed yet. They should definitely be Sean and Alex.
Well it's a rumor currently. A very strong rumor, but still a rumor nonetheless. Don't read too much into it until it's official.

Also why the hell would I think Sean is like Rachel?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
They were both top tier with two other characters (Sean was with Ibuki and Akuma and Rachel was with Nu and Ara) and they got completely ***** (they both were literally ***** to the worst character in the game) in the updates while the other two top tiers got nerfed to a much lesser degree.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
if theres still 2 more characters 2b added we need more zero/alpha characters. this game will become super street fighter 4 3rd strike if we get anymore 3s characters

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
if theres still 2 more characters 2b added we need more zero/alpha characters. this game will become super street fighter 4 3rd strike if we get anymore 3s characters
WUT

THERE IS LITERALLY MORE ALPHA CHARS IN SF4 THAN THERE IS TO CHOOSE FROM ANYMORE.

There's 7 in SF4 and there's only 6 left. There's only 5 SF3 chars in SF4. This statement is stupid, no offense.

kr3wman

Smash Master
There's only 5 Alpha characters.

Adon and Gen are SF1 characters.

So technically there's as much SFA chars as SF3 ones.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
LOL at the people who think sean is a joke char. Gates, you haven't played 3S, so you most definitly didn't play 2I, he was RAPPPEEEEE. Don't think of Sean as a Dan, think of him as Rachel.
Ohh ok. Yeah I heard Sean was good in 2I but I didn't know it it was intentional.

Also why the hell would I think Sean is like Rachel?
Extremely powerful in one iteration of the game, pathetically weak in the next iteration.

There's only 5 Alpha characters.

Adon and Gen are SF1 characters.

So technically there's as much SFA chars as SF3 ones.
Cody and Guy are from Final Fight. So really there's 3 Alpha characters.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
but they been around since the first. but TBH idk who they add
(Dans father would be nice Even if he is dead)
That would be weird. lulz

I just want Urien, Sean, Hugo, Birdie, Eagle, or Geki. I want a SF1 char that hasn't been re-done in older games, and Geki's my choice for that char.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'd rather not see Sean in for a new character in SSFIV AE, but that's just my personal feeling on the matter.
He was really great in 2nd Impact, but I don't think he really brings anything new to offer than what we have. I also think there are better 3rd Strike characters to choose from.

I'm still waiting for Rolento to be announced. I don't play SSFIV much (if at all) anymore, but I'll come back to the game just for him. It's fun annoying people with his playstyle lol.

For 3rd Strike characters, I got what I wanted from regular SSFIV. And with the appearance of the twins, I'm satisfied since I pretty much used all 5 of the SFIII characters that are put into the game. If I could pick two/three more, I'd like to see Q, Alex, or even Oro. I didn't use Elena so I don't really know much about her playstyle as well as the others.

And now when I think about it, I guess Sean would be kind of interesting to see. I just don't want to see more shotos. I'd be fine with it if SSFIV didn't have dumb reversal windows and stuff.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Sean isn't considered a joke because he's bad, he's considered a joke because he's not only based off a character that's a parody but he also gets repeatedly beat down in his endings.

Thinking of him like Rachel is kind of silly, really. There are way too many examples of a top-tier character being nerfed in the next game. I'd look at Sean like any character who's character design is supposed to be silly/a joke but the character isn't supposed to suck in the actual game.

The problem I have with Sean is that he's not interesting to add to the roster. Especially since you already have Dan.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Sean isn't considered a joke because he's bad, he's considered a joke because he's not only based off a character that's a parody but he also gets repeatedly beat down in his endings.

Thinking of him like Rachel is kind of silly, really. There are way too many examples of a top-tier character being nerfed in the next game. I'd look at Sean like any character who's character design is supposed to be silly/a joke but the character isn't supposed to suck in the actual game.

The problem I have with Sean is that he's not interesting to add to the roster. Especially since you already have Dan.
Sean was not based of of Dan. There's no proof saying so. And Sean plays nothing like Dan. Koryuken isn't like Sean's DP, Dans fireball isn't a Sean tackle, Sean's tatsu destroys Dan's (well, in 2i >_>). Dan's entire move set is ment to be funny, he even has a ****ing taunt super. Does sean have anything like that? No. And there's not a lot of chars who were nerfed from top 3 to bottom 3, if there is, inform me.

I do understand why people don't want Sean. I feel the same way but Sean was my 2I main sooooooo, yeah.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Sean is based off of Dan in my opinion. No, he's not supposed to be exactly like Dan but I think they took the concept and make a character from it that's not supposed to suck as hard. I don't have any proof of this, this is just my opinion.

Here's how I think they're similar. His uppercut may not be the same as Dan's but it serves the same function. The 2nd hit fits his basketball motif. He's a shoto with no fireball (Hadou-burst doesn't count) instead of a shoto with a worthless fireball. Dan may not have Sean's tackle but having Sean say "mommy" when he whiffs it is very Dan-like.

But it's pretty clear that he's supposed to be a comical character.

And there's not a lot of chars who were nerfed from top 3 to bottom 3, if there is, inform me.
Alright, but this is just off the top of my head.

Guy from Alpha 1 to Alpha 2.

A few characters like Rose went from top-tier in A2 to not really playable in A3. I don't really know who's in the bottom tier in the game (other than, like, Birdie).

Aoi from VF4:R to VF5.

Jin from Tekken 4 to 5. But Tekken 4 shouldn't count for anything.

Talim and Raphael from SC2 to SC2 patch. Raph counts for SC3 too, I guess.

ABA from Slash to Accent Core. Though that's not quite bottom 3 to top 3. Also that's going the other direction. Anji goes the proper way, but he wasn't quite top 3 in Slash. Close though.

I'll just end there, I don't really want to think about it much more.

But anyway, this was fun yet beside the point. Rachel is a mostly original design while Sean is mostly not. That's more why I think comparing the two is silly.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
His uppercut may not be the same as Dan's but it serves the same function.
Yeah, his SRK :rolleyes:

He's a shoto with no fireball (Hadou-burst doesn't count) instead of a shoto with a worthless fireball
He is still in training, like how Sakura's Hadoken is still really small.

Dan may not have Sean's tackle but having Sean say "mommy" when he whiffs it is very Dan-like.
Isn't it "nani?"

But it's pretty clear that he's supposed to be a comical character.
I agree he is funny, but this is mostly seen in his endings.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I guess I'll have to see Paco in action when 3rd Strike online comes out.

Top Bottom