• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Maybe it's in my head, but I really starting to notice my TV's lag. This entire time, I thought it was just startup and recovery. I now wonder how many matches I would've won online if it wasn't for the built-in lag.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm thinking about getting a better tv.. cause atm i'm using this piece of **** CRT. I would really like to buy some type of HD tv, but whenever I play on a friends, the lag really bothers me ;_;

I saw on eventhubs, they were advertising the "lagless monitors" used at evo.. i'm interested in buying one, but i'm still not sure. I would LIKE an hd tv, cause I do watch some TV, but I heard that Monitors are better in terms of lag

D:<!! what to fackin do.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VH236H-I...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1288662301&sr=1-1

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thanks for putting that link up because NewEgg has the same monitor for 190. As for your situation, I would personally get an HDTV and a monitor, but the monitor first. As I mentioned in the FGD thread, monitors, despite that you can use a TV tuner to watch TV on it, may cost more if you're looking for an HDTV tuner.

There are some TVs that are near lagless, but most of these were determined from third party testings so you're not likely to see them in product descriptions. SRK has a thread about HDTVs and lag, but it hasn't been kept up well.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yeah, I love dead threads... ty though<33

Btw, a friend of mine is translating some of the arcade edition changes. He told me ken is getting a few buffs/nerfs.. but not what i wanted (COMBO INTO SWEEP CAPCOM.. A COMBO INTO A ****ING SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!) :(((

jab dp has more recov, but does 120 dmg
c.jab and target combo has better hitbox? (maybe T C is usable now :D)
c.mp has less recov, so you should beable to combo into c.mk
air ex tatsu isn't an overhead anymore

he said this week was Ken, Claw, Juri, Fei and Rufus... I wasn't really paying attention to Juri or Claw, but Rufus is getting a dmg nerf on ex messiah, and a change to u2 AA abilities. He mentioned something about it not hitting full.

I'M DROOLING MY PANTS THINKING ABOUT WHAT THEY'RE DOING TO MY LITTLE RED HAIRED BABY!!!!!

edit: next week will be... Chun, Sakura, Cody and Fuerte

err.. hopefully he missed a character, there should be 5 D:<

Gates

Banned via Warnings
RUFUS GETTING DAMAGE NERF ON EX MESSIAH!?!

**** THIS ****, I'M GOING TO PLAY DHALSIM OR SOMETHING.

But to be honest, Rufus' Ultra 2 is a lot better for fireball punishing than it is as an anti-air. The only person I've seen who does well with Ultra 2 as an anti-air is Justin Wong, and he mostly just did well because he's Justin Wong. Against extremely skilled players of characters without fireballs, the consistent damage opportunities of Ultra 1 are better than the yomi-dependent Ultra 2. Look at Norcal regionals Winners Finals vs. AndyOCR. Look at his first round at EVO vs. Gamerbee. He went Ultra 2 for both these matches against characters without fireballs and he got his face wrecked. I really am starting to like Ricky Ortiz's Rufus a lot more than Justin's.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Glad to see that Rufus nerf even though I love when they use it on wakeup and EX Guac their ***. Can't wait to see mah boi's changes next week. He got enough nerfs as it is (like he really needed any) and I hear Ultra Spark got nerfed damage wise.

It also looks like this week's characters have more buffs than nerfs. I'm now really scared of Fei-Long.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
idk, without invincibility on HK Chicken Wing projectile characters will probably go to town on Fei.

If those are the only changes to Rufus, I can live with that.

Is the whole mid-air backdash thing universal?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Part of me is kinda scared to see the changes. On the bright side, I can air grab someone if they're going to backdash. The downside is that Tortilla just got nerfed even further.

I was reading on the NeoGAF forums and apparently some characters already had that trait. They're probably going to make it a universal trait.

ThreeX

Smash Lord

soo.. can anyone make anything out of this picture? LOL

ppl in the comments are saying it's urien bc of the thong + his build.

But that arm doesn't look like that jacked mo fo =[

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Guys, I'm looking at getting better at SSF4, are there any forums that I could visit to learn sweet stuff from?

shoryuken.com

There's lots of good info out there now (along with *******s) Check out Juicebox podcasts, I suggest listening to them all.. they're really informative.

http://www.blgaming.com/ssf4 you can find the podcasts here... just search for them if you're really intested.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
wow.. i'm so stupid. After looking at that picture again, it has to be Urien. For some reason, i though that BIRD!!!!! was a hand.. (top right of the flame)

yeah, it's naked boy<333

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If it is Urien, I wonder how many characters are going to ask why he wears a man-thong.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't be surprised if I end up in another Youtube video soon.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yep. It was against his T. Hawk. I lost, but grapplers have been giving me trouble lately. Noticing that lag has really screwed me up against them.

kr3wman

Smash Master
It's never fun to play against a grappler online.

But it's always fun to play as one!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The only characters I actively want to see are Karin, Birdie, Elena and Alex. I'd be cool with Urien, Eagle, Sean, Hugo, Rolento, Q, Oro, or Damd or Lucia or another Final Fight character not yet in Street Fighter (even Poison).

Actually, pretty much the only characters I don't want to see are R. Mika, Juni/Juli or Ingrid. I'd take Mike and Joe from SF 1 before them again.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
mike and joe are basically cody and balrog tho. I wuold like to see geki and retsu if we get sf1 chars. Especially geki. Yeah, he may be a generic ninja but i wanna see what a character with an air teleport and an air fireball would be like.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I hope that the rumor isn't true and that Rolento is in the game.
If not, I'd like Ibuki to have a Rolento costume. Kinda like how she sort of had one in Pocket Fighter.

For 3rd Strike, Oro would be cool for SSFIV AE. Same goes for Urien.
From Alpha, I'd like Karin or R Mika.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
mike and joe are basically cody and balrog tho. I wuold like to see geki and retsu if we get sf1 chars. Especially geki. Yeah, he may be a generic ninja but i wanna see what a character with an air teleport and an air fireball would be like.
I know.

Both of them superior choices to R. Mika or Ingrid.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It wouldn't bother me so much if he didn't have the Chun-Li costume as DLC.

Top Bottom