• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starfurry 3 - Results are up!

Sanu

Smash Champion
^ At least that's what you tell yourself when you're stoned XD

P.s, your avatar is cute in a ******** way :3

unknown522

Some guy
seeing as I have some free time on the comp right now, shoutouts:

Before I start, I have to ask, WHERE WERE THE CREW BATTLES QUEBEC and NY?

1: Vwins - Good **** winning the tournament. It's always fun hanging out, and playing matches with you. I hope to see you at alucard's. Good **** ****** teams.

2: Bam - Good job winning as well, and beating me in brackets. I don't think we played 1v1 after. Oh well, next time. Also, in Montreal, we'll hit up some clubs. Good **** ****** teams.

3: Kirbykaze - Good job placing 3rd, beating bernard, and almost beating bam. You had it, but oh well. You stepped it up, and held your ground. What more is there to say?....t'ill next time.

4: RaynEX - Good job beating me. I know you didn't try very hard game 3, but oh weill, a choke is a choke, and we play all the time anyways. They just like our ordinary matches. Great teaming, we'll get some more practice in, and **** it wherever we go. Also, A&W was too good, and double sheik.

5: Chester - Wow, I didn't even know we tied at this thing. Once again we didn't play. Next time for sure. It's always a pleasure hanging out with you. It's so jokes.

7: I.B - GGs in brackets. I'm doomed to play you in every tournament. You did really well in the beginning, that's where your potential is. You gotta keep that consistent. I also heard about your match with chester. We'll practice more, and for alucard's.

7: Kage - Lol, good friendlies. I'll play you with fox next time, or in brackets, or something. I had a lot of fun hanging out with you, and talking about random stuff, and past memories. We'll see you soon.

9: Sanuzi - There's so much to say. First off, thank you for housing, and driving everyone. Most of this would have been a lot harder if it wasn't for you. Also, GGs in brackets. I know you were determined to win, but sorry. I had a good time, talking and playing. It made me feel really comfortable. You also weren't annoying me whenever you were talking. I don't get annoyed by stuff like that. You don't need to ask, lol. We also had some fun friendly matches as well, afterwards, and teams. I also remember you asking me if you could come over. Yeah, for sure. Just call, or message me.

9: Grmo - Good **** hosting the tournament. I hope the practice at my house helped you. I don't think I played you the whole day, but I watched a few matches. You improving pretty quickly, that's good. Keep it up.

9: Afro Chris - AFro, you've shown me your potential. You've improved a lot. I will play more games with you next time. You also need you license, so you can use your whip.

9: Europhoria - You did really well in your matches, and held your own in teams. You did really well vs kage, and bam. You can take them next time. We'll just keep practicing. Fun time at A&W. It was so jokes, the ride home.

13: TheManaLord - Nice to meet you. Glad you could make it down. $2 for pichu ditto, lol Too good. Fun pool matches. Lol at rainbow cruise. That stage is so gay. T'ill next time. We'll come down to Rochester

13: Jagg - Lol, you were high or asleep pretty much the whole weekend. I heard you screaming randomly, in the back of the room. Bracket match I assume? Anyways, t'ill next time.

13: Idea - Again we didn't play. Maybe I should take initiative to ask?.....But yeah, I had to play teams winners' finals when you asked me. But yeah, next time we'll play some.

13: Summonedfist - Glad you could make it. GGs in brackets. I see your playstyle changed since I last saw you. Welcome to the dark side, MWAHAHAAHAHAHA! Anyways, I'll play you again the next time I see you.

17: Lanowen - Great to see you again. Did you like our double sheik in teams? Just kidding. We didn't play singles at all. Next time man.

17: moozles - Good to see that you could make it. We didn't play at all. You have improved though. Good work.

17: Sylar - Peter Dwyer. Too good. The ride home was fun. But **** that parking ticket. The fire hydrant was covered by a **** snow bank. That was so gay. Anyways, it's always great to see you come down and play/practice.

17: Worldjem7 - Lol Eric. Get those vids up soon. GGs in brackets. First round again, that sucks man. Do better in you pool, so that you don't get me first round.

17: TheKneeofJustice - Haven't seen you in about a year. I have a lot to say......4 lines is a lot to me. First off, we didn't play 1v1 at all, but the 2v1s vs you and afro were lol, there were some sex combos, but I still managed to take 4 - 5 stocks per game. Roll spam ftw. Also, this cinnamon bagels were so sex. Can we please get some next time I see you? Third, lol at 2-4-1 pizza, good food, but American food is still better. Good job on almost beating bernard as well. And I will see you next time.

17: Jeffman - Great to see you again. It's been ages. You've improved some more, that is impressive. Just work on your combo game, and you'll be fine. Also, GGs in pools. You got 3rd seed, impressive.

25: Andrew - Asian death twin, It's been a while. You and you brother should practice teams with us some time.

25: Desh - Lol desh. I don't have much to say, except YOU MADE IT OUT OF POOLS, wow. Good work. Keep improving.....****.

25: Nightmare - Lol teams, on rainbow cruise. The platform killed you after rest. We didn't play 1v1, but that's ok.

25: hubble - is you name brock? I forgot your name, sorry. We also didn't play at all, but it was good talking to you though. I will see you when I see you.

25: Alan - Asian death twin #2. You and your brother must get good at teams, so we can practice.

25: Omniscius - is this andrew? Not sure, but if it is, then GGs in pools. We'll train you up next time I see you.

matt: MMBN5 next time for sure man.

wiji - Lol at getting up tilted by kage's ganon. and then misfiring off the side after respawn. We'll play next time.

rob - Nice to meet you. GGs in pools. No backthrow -> shine for you. Lol at rainbow cruise as well. All the new york players seem to pick it.

Kevin - Nice to meet you. GGs in pools. You must practice. Make moozles go to your house.

just a frog - Nice to meet you. Falco advice: use more lasers, and work on your combo game. Lol at pichu. I hope to see you soon.

If I missed someone, my bad. tell me (if you care). anyways, this is unknown saying: Great turnout, GGs. Really fun tournament. I really enjoyed myself at this. T'ill next time.

unknown522

Some guy
double post:

Soap, being high affects some players. I have a recorded match beating Imadh's fox with pichu. Most people walk into moves when they're high.

not for everyone though

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
Roar mega ultra video post

some videos that were taken at the tourny XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUzm4qOylio (i dunno wtf happened to 60mins....i only have like 20mins of footage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX5VPVJZTDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba-aALl0IWw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG7tO0n8cq8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blu6FLS5uP8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KP-u3_dosg (best part of the footage right here XDXD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F25Gx8n1F0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cje4DU7PgHs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Pi5ezqHK4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GyDlNzYuO0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM_h4maqBac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkuLi3QCgNg

ROAR theres 1 more uploading but youtube is being a b****, anyways if anyone has any footage plz post on youtube i used some ones camera in the morring to record sleeping smashers can who ever u r plz post it!!!! :D

Edit: lol funny u should mention that ryan XD

WIGI

Smash Champion
lmao yeah i rmemebr that. i shoudl have waiited and sweetspot the ledge. as for the missifre death from the middle of FOD. that was ment to be a down B. xD

kage is to good

Sanu

Smash Champion
The mario video made me feel so dirty Chris... we need a louder system in my car for next time LOL.

I'm taking donations now... <_< *whistles*

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
lol I'm sorry If I completly ignored you in the video I guess I was too much concentrate on my match. I feel bad haha
lol its cool

roar last video is up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KP-u3_dosg

montage coming soon

yo grmo u wana like post all the vids that ppl post about the tourny in the first post or somthing it would be a great help for me :D and others wanting to c wat happened :D

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
I recorded a bunch of friendlies but like half of them are me vs. Lanowen. I'll be uploading them throughout the week. Some of them might have been tournament matches too.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I know I had tournament matches v lanowen if it was that one side tv with the lappy hooked up they may have been recorded i was falcon who ***** lanowens ****!

moozles

Smash Cadet
I saw worldjem record some with the camera. I remember it was dbl grand finals and some other bracket matches

idea

Smash Master
note to self: get **** recorded.

i had a few pools and brackets matches that would have worked well in the teen titans combo vid trailer. =(

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Some not half-***** shoutouts now that I'm less sick

Note that tio is being a ****er and I can't post the brackets because it won't let me take a picture of them.

1: Vwins: I'm amazed that you basically won the tournament using Peach, considering all the *****y characters you had to fight. All I can say is...good stuff. It was fun to watch. Hopefully some time we can actually get some matches played that aren't with the worst characters in the game.

2: Bam: Watching your Fox is really cool. Also I was able to steal some tricks XD. Anyway, we've only played like one match in the history of ever, so we'll have to play more some time. I'll get better and maybe I can give you a good match :). to both of you: Congrats on winning the tournament. Sorry for the pot size; I'll have to charge more for entry next time.

3: Kirbykaze: What kind of crack were you on? Holy hags. I've never seen Sheik played like that...it was too good. I'm glad to hear that I was able to help you get there somehow :chuckle:. Seriously, good job. If you can keep on that track, you'll be raising some eyebrows soon enough.

4: RaynEX: You got comboed by Corneria. That **** was so intense, it was like RaynEX playing guitar. Honestly I don't think we played a single match, but I'm gonna be saying that to most people so blah. lol Bernard DI. Fortunately you don't do too much of that anymore. Anyway yeah, your Fox is scary. If I ever met up with it in real life, I would probably pretend to be you, pick up a guitar and start playing, so that it's head explodes. It's probably the only way to defeat it.

5: Unknown522: Those days at your house were really helpful. I'm gonna have to play with you a bit more though. I barely saw you at the tournament, but hags. lots of hags. We'll have to do that again some time. also rofl, that super-cheap chinese crap near your house is too good.

5: Chester: That set was pretty fun. I'm really glad you were able to come to this, and that you enjoyed yourself there. I'm almost definitely coming to FFYF, so we can play more there.

7: I.B: rofl that's the first time I've taken a game from you in a tournament set. Sick johns are valid this time though, and despite that you were still able to pick it up and play at your best on Pokemon Stadium. Good stuff.

7: Kage: I also suggest that warrior song + combo video (or something). Your Ganon is too good. It's such a breath of fresh air watching Marths get completely owned like that. You've got this awesome way of making people jump in to fairs and stuff. I don't know how you do it, but it's amazing. Warrior spirit ftw?

9: Sanuzi: HOUSING! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. That was so helpful. Unless I'm forgetting, we didn't play at all, but we're pretty much dead even as far as our other matches go. Thanks so much again; your help made the tournament possible.

9: Afro Chris: Thanks for recording all those clips. It's awesome seeing all those things again; it really helps us to remember it well. Good job placing top 10; we'll have to play some more epic sets next tournament or whatever.

9: Europhoria: Nice hair lol. Your Fox is really, really evil. I thought mine was evil, but you make mine look like any number of things from McKids. Don't worry about your placing; there were a lot of really good people this time around. Also thanks for turning me onto Jewstar.

13: TheManaLord: rofl yeah, I don't know how that happened. You knocked me into losers bracket and I still beat you somehow XD. You were seriously the only person to beat me on Floats that entire day. And that includes like, I.B, Chester, Jagg, Sylar, so good stuff. We'll have more sets at FFYF if you're coming and any other big American tournaments that I can make it to. Thanks a lot for coming.

13: Jagg: That set was lots of fun. It was really nice to see you enjoying the game. I feel like you got hagged hardcore, since I only beat you because you were G&W. Oh well. Thanks for trying to win against me, and good luck on Touhou.

13: Idea: lol I hear you super-***** Jeff with rest. Good job rofl. Anyway, we'll play later hopefully; I think I've only ever played you once. Thanks for coming out to this and representing Jiggs.

13: Summonedfist: Honestly I don't remember why we didn't end up playing. Or did we? My memory is completely shot from being sick, so liek...sorry if I've forgotten. Anyway, thanks for coming out; it's good to see people from Guelph.

17: Lanowen: Figures we didn't get to play either. I'm glad to see you're still playing Samus. Keep it up. Also, thanks a lot for helping out after the tournament.

17: Sylar: lol dude, you were one of the funniest people there. It helped the atmosphere a lot. Our sets were all over the ****ing place rofl. I guess you kinda got screwed over in brackets, because imo you should have placed higher than me. Anyway, keep up the good work; it's really showing.

17: Worldjem7: Your Sheik is really, really gay.

17: Gar: lol dude wtf is with your name. Adnanface, Terroristwolf, nvm. Thanks for all the help. You almost always end up taking over running the tournament for me, and it makes things a lot easier having a better TO helping out. Anyway, thanks for coming out to this. I hope you can find some time to keep playing this game.

17: TheKneeofJustice: Those teams matches were pretty fun. Again, thanks for coming up here to play with us; it was nice having you guys here. Also thanks for the name :chuckle:

17: Jeffman: **** you and your evil DK! Why does your DK do better vs my Fox than your Falco? or any of your other characters for that matter. It makes no sense. That Sudden Death from stock on Jungle Japes was too good. Also, epic mindgames ensued. Good matches, and keep playing with people over there. I think you can be pretty good if you keep up that style.

25: Desh: That one match we had was really weird. Anyway, we'll play some more. I'm glad you did well against me, and that those days of you missing every tech and me ****** you with down air are gone. Keep up the good work.

25: Nightmare: You play well, but your style is outdated. Try to get together with people more often and watch videos and stuff.

25: SD: First tournament, and you made it out of pools. Seriously, good job. You deserve a medal for that. You're gonna be good.

25: Omniscius: Nice to see another Samus around. You stock tank so well in 2v2. It's too bad we were asleep for those matches we had. Some time we'll have to play seriously. Thanks for coming out to this.

To everyone else: Thanks for coming. You guys made this a fun tournament, and don't be discouraged if you didn't make it out of pools! You'll get better with time, just keep coming to these things. :chuckle:

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Alright, so I have bad news. All the footage I took with that camera is garbage.

Everything recorded ended up with some weird grey bars across it making it nearly unwatchable.

I'll post a sample soon to show you what I'm talking about.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
17: TheKneeofJustice - Haven't seen you in about a year. I have a lot to say......4 lines is a lot to me. First off, we didn't play 1v1 at all, but the 2v1s vs you and afro were lol, there were some sex combos, but I still managed to take 4 - 5 stocks per game. Roll spam ftw. Also, this cinnamon bagels were so sex. Can we please get some next time I see you? Third, lol at 2-4-1 pizza, good food, but American food is still better. Good job on almost beating bernard as well. And I will see you next time.
First off, it was really good to see you, and finally remember that I met you before. We will definitely play more friendlies, but 2 v 1 combo practice on you was so much fun that it was hard to stop. When you guys get to Rochester, we can go to Brueger's Bagels and get a dozen of them if you really want. I agree, wait until you have had pizza from NYC. You may not want Canadian Pizza again. I will beat Bernard next time :). Also, there will be a higher number next to my name next time I visit the North Coast.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
WTF why... I remember watching the recording on your cam and it looked really good and I was like "can't wait for these to get up..."

did it error when processing from your cam to pc? do they play good on the cam?

just try to get them off goodly =(

worldjem7

Smash Ace
When I played it back while it was still in the camera it was exactly like that.

The sound is TOTALLY shot and unusable.

The camcorder itself did this to the tapes. I know this because I hardly ever use the second tape so there's no way it's because of wear and tear on the tapes themselves. It has to be the actual camcorder when it records. It's just too worn out to record properly anymore.

I only have one camcorder that records off tapes. I COULD try and lend the tapes to someone with a working DV camcorder to see if the tapes themselves are still fine but, I doubt it since you can't really change what was recorded on the tape and it was recorded using my crappy camcorder.

Because of all this: I have bought a new camcorder this afternoon. It works off a hard drive instead of tapes. It still has really good quality but, now I won't have to change tapes or worry about corruption like what just happened because it's more digital than mechanical.

idea

Smash Master
^ cool. i wonder, since it's digital, if there's some way for you to record to it directly the way we do with laptops? some kind of connector cable?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
It's really simple actually.

Every time I start and stop recording that creates a single file.
So, if I were to record one match from start to finish and stop it when it's done I could just plug in the USB connector (that came with it) and view the video straight from the camera.

I can even move it and copy it and do anything I want to it.

The only problem is that it saves files as .MOD, which I don't think youtube allows. So, in order to upload to YouTube, I'd have to convert it, which doesn't takes MUCH less time than having to wait X amount of hours to transfer the tape footage onto the computer and then re-render it 50 times just to make the file size smaller.

All I have to do is choose a quality (4 to choose) and then convert and upload.

So if I was at a tournament and I finished recording something, all I'd need is an internet connection and it could be on youtube the same day the event happens.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
Alright, so I have bad news. All the footage I took with that camera is garbage.

Everything recorded ended up with some weird grey bars across it making it nearly unwatchable.

eric u noob......

ok next big smash fest can we plz have a **** load of recordings plus my parents r like gimping me and making me stay home sunday's to study, which will turn into me making the dam trailer so plz ppl i need ur clips i'm gona make a thread for it or maybe just post in the TT thread which ever it is i need your clips

Vwins

Smash Ace

So, Can you fix this? or we will never see those crazy videos we were all waiting for?

idea

Smash Master
look at it X_X there's no way to fix that, probably about 50% of the screen is gray bars. seems this tourney is kind of a flop in terms of recorded stuff, which is unfortunate cause of how great the last few sets were.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
First off, it was really good to see you, and finally remember that I met you before. We will definitely play more friendlies, but 2 v 1 combo practice on you was so much fun that it was hard to stop. When you guys get to Rochester, we can go to Brueger's Bagels and get a dozen of them if you really want. I agree, wait until you have had pizza from NYC. You may not want Canadian Pizza again. I will beat Bernard next time :). Also, there will be a higher number next to my name next time I visit the North Coast.
I like that last line. It's manly warrior spirit.
Here's a sample of what it looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAJNIHNfD3Q

The sound was just really loud static that would happen randomly. It was really annoying so I just cut it out.
LOL IS THAT MY MARTH? I THINK IT IS

LOLLLLLLL IT'S SO BAD

AND MIKE GETTING MATT TO PLAY SHEIK ROFL
When I played it back while it was still in the camera it was exactly like that.

The sound is TOTALLY shot and unusable.

The camcorder itself did this to the tapes. I know this because I hardly ever use the second tape so there's no way it's because of wear and tear on the tapes themselves. It has to be the actual camcorder when it records. It's just too worn out to record properly anymore.

I only have one camcorder that records off tapes. I COULD try and lend the tapes to someone with a working DV camcorder to see if the tapes themselves are still fine but, I doubt it since you can't really change what was recorded on the tape and it was recorded using my crappy camcorder.

Because of all this: I have bought a new camcorder this afternoon. It works off a hard drive instead of tapes. It still has really good quality but, now I won't have to change tapes or worry about corruption like what just happened because it's more digital than mechanical.
heg hag. It's possible that the tape itself was corrupted from the start, but tapes are obsolete so it was probably a good idea to get a new camcorder anyway. thanks for the effort; it was nice knowing that those matches were recorded at the time; I think it helped the moment.
ok next big smash fest can we plz have a **** load of recordings plus my parents r like gimping me and making me stay home sunday's to study, which will turn into me making the dam trailer so plz ppl i need ur clips i'm gona make a thread for it or maybe just post in the TT thread which ever it is i need your clips
uhhh, I'll try to record stuff at my biweeklies. Don't count on me getting a lot of combos; I'm basically like Cactuar but not good.
So, Can you fix this? or we will never see those crazy videos we were all waiting for?
dude, don't make him feel bad like that. it's totally not fair. he already said he couldn't fix it.
look at it X_X there's no way to fix that, probably about 50% of the screen is gray bars. seems this tourney is kind of a flop in terms of recorded stuff, which is unfortunate cause of how great the last few sets were.
It's true, but there's nothing we can do about it now so we may as well forget about it. At least we were all there to watch them :bee:

EDIT: rofl watch this match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzuqO4wkc1Y&feature=channel_page

the ending is amazing. epic mindgames ensue. there's also a really cool combo on the second stock (1:07-1:21). TBH it's a pretty terrible match, but it picks up in the last 90 seconds or so.

Vwins

Smash Ace
Worldjem I would still like to see some of my videos even if the quality is bad so if you could upload my set against bam and raynex and send them to me it would be really appreciated. And if you have extra time I would also be interested to see my teams matches against raynex and ryan. thx

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yeah, just upload the videos anyways Eric. You can make out most of it.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Alright. I'll upload the vids I have.

I don't know who's playing or what round in brackets it is in every single match, though, so you'll have to help me out with those once they're uploaded.

They'll all be posted in chronological order as well.

Top Bottom