• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I think monthlies may turn out better than we expect, and I definately think we can try. No harm in that.
I've thought about doing monthlies before, then I always remember that I live in an apartment and that probably wouldn't be the best idea. lmfao.

So yeah, I'm down for this thing at David's, so long as Legan tries his hardest to sleep with David's mom.

TP

Smash Master
you, corey, will, rauleen, tmacc, steve, maybe jack...that's all the stl people who MIGHT be interested in this. i'm not sure about corey. if me and andrew come to every monthly (which we probably will, barring unfortunate circumstances), then that'll still be about 8 - 9 people. pretty small *** tournament.
Not only will I try my hardest to make it to every tourney, but I'll bring a couple of Wash U guys I've been teaching DI and stuff with me.

On March 27th, I have a field trip. A FIELD TRIP. FOR SCHOOL. I'M IN COLLEGE. WTF.

TP

Smash Master
No, I'm going 2 hours south of here for my geology class. Apparently there aren't good enough rocks within a 100 mile radius of STL.

I am applying for a job at the Zoo this summer though. <3 peacocks.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I LIKE WHEN THEY LET THE PEACOCKS RUN AROUND UNINHIBITED.

Srsly.
U CAN TALK TO THE PEECOCKS TOO! ITS THE COOLEZT. THEY LIFT UP THEY TAILS AND ARE LIKE 'IM THE HARDEST MOFO ALIVE' AND UR LIKE, NUH UH, AND THEN U JUST RUN AT THEM AND THEY GTFO.
p

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
No, I'm going 2 hours south of here for my geology class. Apparently there aren't good enough rocks within a 100 mile radius of STL.

I am applying for a job at the Zoo this summer though. <3 peacocks.
WTF, go to Elephant Rocks, you noob. Those are the best rocks in the whole world.

U CAN TALK TO THE PEECOCKS TOO! ITS THE COOLEZT. THEY LIFT UP THEY TAILS AND ARE LIKE 'IM THE HARDEST MOFO ALIVE' AND UR LIKE, NUH UH, AND THEN U JUST RUN AT THEM AND THEY GTFO.
p
lol, hell yeah! you're doing it right!

Piano Chat Improv: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32vpgNiAH60&feature=player_embedded

GO!

Trent

Smash Champion
WE SHOULD HAVE ZEBRA PETTING MONEY MATCHES AND A TOURNAMENT INVOLVING WHO CAN COUNT HOW MANY ANIMALZ THERE ARE!!

Srsly.

Nuris

Smash Lord
3 years ago, I bred my Garchomp with great IVs (31 in speed, 30 in Attack but with **** defenses), the "right" nature, and the egg move I wanted.

After I achieved that I quit pokemon until people brought it up on smashboards these last 2 weeks. It was that bad.

and now that I wanna play again Garchomp is Uber? FUKCK THAT!
I bred one like that, too. x/31/x/x/x/31 with Earthquake and Stone Edge. Only problem is I accidentally left it in the daycare too long and they deleted the egg moves (FUUUUUUUUU-)

It didn't take me that long, it's much worse with Pokemon like Chimchar and such where you can NEVER GET A FKCEFBGHERIH ing female/male.

I've found that checking all your randomly caught Pokemon for 31 IVs and then breeding those into the species that you want helps A LOT. Also it might be worth catching a billion dittos if you want to breed lots.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
I bred one like that, too. x/31/x/x/x/31 with Earthquake and Stone Edge. Only problem is I accidentally left it in the daycare too long and they deleted the egg moves (FUUUUUUUUU-)
is that in your pokemon Diamond that's lost lol?

Mathis

Smash Rookie
I guess I should introduce myself.

Mathis is my real (last) name, and I live in South Saint Louis near Tower Grove Park, but I'm moving closer uptown soon. Anyway, I didn't know there were so many Saint Louis smashers, and I hope we can meet up for some games someday. If someone gave me an address and time, and it's in the city or at least close by, I could probably make it. I do sleep/work crazy hours, though.

And I totally was at the zoo when they let the peacocks run around uninhibited. I went there with a classmate years ago, and he tried to poke it with the blunt side of a pen, and it pecked his hand and stole his pen. He ran away like a little *****. :laugh: Bad-arse peacocks.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Kind of late but I think we could probably get more ppl than our normal crowd. HD had a lot of locals we didn't know about and most of them are on AiB or possibly don't check Smashboards that often. It doesn't hurt to at least try it out and I can't wait to actually get it going.

Hope you guys have fun in teh KY tourney. I can't go bec I'll be in Kville.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Meh. It's cool that every set went to game 5, but neither player really impressed me (Yes, I know how good they are). Falcomist a lot of edgeguards.

Nuris

Smash Lord
is that in your pokemon Diamond that's lost lol?
yeah :(
I'm more saddened by the loss of the 100+ chimchars of which I had yet to check the IVs. They all had decent IV'd (i.e. at least one 31 in Atk/SpAtk/Speed) parents and appropriate max IV phrases. I think they were also mostly Hasty/Naive, too. OH WELL.

I also haven't really made any progress creating a new team because HG/SS are way too addictive. I love the Voltorb coin game even though it sucks and I hate it.

darkatma

Smash Hero
anyways i regret to inform you guys that I have dedicated tomorrow night to microbiology and physiological control systems study and will not be able to attend potential smashfests, even if they do come with good cooking.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
Meh. It's cool that every set went to game 5, but neither player really impressed me (Yes, I know how good they are). Falcomist a lot of edgeguards.
shiz vs SS was better imo.
for some reason, unless it's M2k I can't stand watching marth and shiek matches. Falcomist was just to formulaic and textbook. M2k can make Marth look like Captain Falcon

Mathis

Smash Rookie
Mathis: Welcome. Melee or Brawl?
Both, actually, but I haven't played Melee in almost a year (and I like that game more, ha-ha). I'd be up for some Melee matches someday if you guys wouldn't mind letting me warm up my Sheik and Link.

I can't wavedash on demand in competitive matches...yet.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Both, actually, but I haven't played Melee in almost a year (and I like that game more, ha-ha). I'd be up for some Melee matches someday if you guys wouldn't mind letting me warm up my Sheik and Link.

Mostly when I hold smash gathering.... they tend to only have Melee. I 'm not opposed to brawl however. If someone brings a setup for brawl we will definitely have it. BTW I really want to hold a big one this next Friday ( a week from today) Rauleen and Steve are required, just throwing that out there. :)

Nuris

Smash Lord
Both, actually, but I haven't played Melee in almost a year (and I like that game more, ha-ha).
haha nearly every time I hear a new member of the community say something like this they end up playing Brawl.

I support anyone playing any of the games, but I just thought it funny was how sometimes it works like that.

BTW, those games suck, play 64 or Pokémon.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Lol, are the rest of you guys keeping up with the Wichita thread?
Ugh, yes. Made me late for work....

Welcome! We do brawl smashfest weekly. Metalmusicman hosts it but it's in St. Charles.

@ Geno: If there is rockband! I don't think I work at Gamestop and I'm not going out of town until Saturday so chyeah?!

alt-F4

Smash Ace
smogon is down!!! i dont have any idea what kind of team to build with out some kind of instruction.

geno I should be good to go next friday... if there are enough set ups maybe one of you guys teach me some melee?

and rauleen when are you working at gamestop next? can you pick me up Soul silver? I was gonna ask you the other night... but it seemed like poor timing

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
nobody has really said anything about smash+ rock band today, so maybe its better if it's NOT at my house.

If you guys end up playing lemme know

Nuris

Smash Lord
really lol
it's almost as good as 64

64 has better pokemon in it though

smogon is down!!! i dont have any idea what kind of team to build with out some kind of instruction.

geno I should be good to go next friday... if there are enough set ups maybe one of you guys teach me some melee?

and rauleen when are you working at gamestop next? can you pick me up Soul silver? I was gonna ask you the other night... but it seemed like poor timing
steve steve steve i will halp you with pokemanz and melee

though im **** at both

also, smogon is good for maybe a starting point, tips, and guidelines, but try not to follow the builds to the t unless you're sure it's exactly what you want. also, serebii also provides useful info in their pokemon of the day/week articles.

nobody has really said anything about smash+ rock band today, so maybe its better if it's NOT at my house.

If you guys end up playing lemme know
i could probably make it to this tonight with a girl wherever it may be, but if there aren't going to be so many people she'll probably want to do something else.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
thanks phil i have been at serebii too, but its just easier to see a bunch of stuff at smogon and has the info laid out better for just seeing pokemon plus move sets, and then the idea behind the strat of it.

now all i have to do is get my hands on a game.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
i could probably make it to this tonight with a girl wherever it may be, but if there aren't going to be so many people she'll probably want to do something else.
haha rock band necessitates having girls over.
who else is going to sing for my Lady Gaga Track Pack? Binyan?

of course I can still host but its really up to you guys as to how big it will be

Top Bottom