• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
OMG brawlpro!!!?!? where have you been?
ehhh, i've been playing in the stl tekken community, y'know, doing everything i did with u guys but except with tekken. but now im feeling this unexplainable guilt because of this vacation from smash and i need to come back. Im gonna be ****ty though, i haven't played in over 7 months x_X

Lixivium

Smash Champion
ehhh, i've been playing in the stl tekken community, y'know, doing everything i did with u guys but except with tekken. but now im feeling this unexplainable guilt because of this vacation from smash and i need to come back. Im gonna be ****ty though, i haven't played in over 7 months x_X
Yeah right, we all know next time Brawlpro shows up at Geno's he's going to play like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w6uV1241wo&feature=related

Cook

Smash Master
smogon is down!!! i dont have any idea what kind of team to build with out some kind of instruction.
THIS IS NICOLE NOT ANDREW!

IMO...

You'll probably want a water type. Suicune, Starmie, Gyarados, or Swampert. It depends what you want your water type to do (starmie and gyarados are good at attacking, swampert and suicune are better at tanking). Water types are one of the better types thanks to only three types resisting it and water pokemons' ability to learn an ice move (an ice move is INCREDIBLY NECESSARY FOR EVERY TEAM, make sure you have one!) Almost every team has a water type.

You already said you wanted Tyranitar, he's good, so I wont say anything about him.

You want at least one special sweeper and one physical sweeper. Sweepers are both fast and strong, but cannot live long and shouldn't be expected to. You might consider a mixed sweeper also, but I don't really care for those. Gengar is an excellent special sweeper - you want to get something to sweep for you with a similar spread of stats. Tyranitar is a physical sweeper already. Infernape or Lucario are both excellent mixed sweepers, if you want one of those.

You need a special wall and a physical wall, and possibly a staller as well. A special wall is something like blissey, with ******** sp. defense and ******** hp, but not much else. A physical wall would be something like Forretress, with multiple resistances and high pysical defense. A staller is something like Dusknoir or Bronzong - these pokemon can support the rest of your team by setting things up (stealth rock, for example, hurts every pokemon the opponent brings in once it's set up, and can only be removed by a move called rapid spin, which only a few pokemon learn) and are very annoying to kill (though they are usually very weak attackers). Some pokemon, such as Ninjask, can learn baton pass, which passes stat boosts to another pokemon. This means if you use moves that boost your speed stat and then pass that on, you can use a slow, stroing pokemon to sweep when you otherwise couldn't.

The two teams I've made thus far, to give you some ideas:

Gengar (sp. sweep), Bronzong (stall), Weezing (p. wall), Gyarados (p. sweep), Marowak (p. sweep), Snorlax (sp. wall). [don't use marowak]

Infernape (mix sweep), Blissey (sp. wall), Skarmory (p. wall), Weavile (p. sweep), Alakazam (sp. sweep), Dusknoir (stall).

Try not to have more than one of the same type. Try also to have types that can cover each others' weaknesses and ineffectiveness. Try also to have sweepers that can either learn a wide variety of moves or a couple moves that nothing can resist (the combination of electric + ice is not resistable by any pokemon...if you have a pokemon with an electric move and an ice move, it will always do at least neutral damage to your opponent). The pokemon all get STAB. I'll use fire types as an example, though it applys to all types. A fire pokemon using a fire move will hit with 1.5x more power than normal. Keep this in mind when choosing moves and your pokemon, and what moves to teach them.

Items you give your pokemon are super important as well. You want one of your sweepers to have a life orb for sure - this will make their moves 30% stronger while taking away a bit of health each time they use an attack. Considering that sweepers aren't supposed to get hit, like, ever, because they'll usually die in one or two hits, it's ok that they lose some health. I can't really tell you anything else specific about items, because they're VERY specific to each pokemon and what you're using that pokemon for. You'd have to post what pokemon you were wanting to use.

Sorry for this long post, I hope you didn't know most of that stuff already!

OK IM ANDREW AGAIN.

Radium88

Smash Lord
haha rock band necessitates having girls over.
who else is going to sing for my Lady Gaga Track Pack? Binyan?

of course I can still host but its really up to you guys as to how big it will be
Zomg, I would. Especially if you have Speechless. I am not even kidding. If you guys do have something tonight that could include RB, txt me?? But really only with RB, love you melee peeps but I'm no melee player and I'm not forcing y'all to play Brawl. 314 616 6162 in case I haven't strewn my number all over this forum.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
Zomg, I would. Especially if you have Speechless. I am not even kidding. If you guys do have something tonight that could include RB, txt me?? But really only with RB, love you melee peeps but I'm no melee player and I'm not forcing y'all to play Brawl. 314 616 6162 in case I haven't strewn my number all over this forum.
I have
-Just Dance
-Poker Face
-Bad Romance
-Eric Cartman's Poker Face
-Monster

thats all that was released in the lady gaga Track pack but i do have about $100 worth of other DLC

can't send/receive txts

EDIT:

not happening today I have Relay tomorrow, so I guess I'll see yall next Friday at Geno's!

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Lol, Nicole said it all. NICOLE, WE BETTER PLAY TEH POGEYMONS SOON. That goes for you all.

On a side note...YOU HAVE GAGA ON ROCK BAND? Frickin' epic win. :D

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'll have you know that Pokemon are responsible for every single one of the one hundred wasted weekends of my time in middle school.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
oddly enough nicole through some youtube watching and diligent research i have figured out a lot of those things... but thanks for taking the time to type that all out... some of the specific pokemon i didnt know, but i have picked up on the walls/sweepers and how ****ing leet SR is

Cook

Smash Master
oddly enough nicole through some youtube watching and diligent research i have figured out a lot of those things... but thanks for taking the time to type that all out... some of the specific pokemon i didnt know, but i have picked up on the walls/sweepers and how ****ing leet SR is
WTF is SR?

alt-F4

Smash Ace
phil has already made clear to me that me works in speed not volume... and he is incredibly good.

we still need to redo some kind of challenge phil, preferably without toga making us laugh.

although toga WHERE IS MY COAT!?!?!?!!?

WTF is SR?
jeez andrew its been 4 days, i dont have the game, and i am still better than you already

Nuris

Smash Lord
phil has already made clear to me that me works in speed not volume... and he is incredibly good.
Speed is my specialty, but I could whoop that noob in a speed/quantity/stamina contest any day.

As for you, name the food, time, and place. Preferably something deliciously unhealthy, like fast food burgers or pizza.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
IF, I end up doing this smash/pokemon/rockband....thing... is everyone going to be there? I want to make sure enough people can come before I officially do it. It will be Friday, and yes I have all the lady gaga songs on my rockband too so Binyan warm up your singing voice before you come.

Teh Future

Smash Master
geno ill come after work next friday.

i basically cut off the tip of my finger at work today, hopefully I can use my thumb by tomorrow

Nuris

Smash Lord
IF, I end up doing this smash/pokemon/rockband....thing... is everyone going to be there? I want to make sure enough people can come before I officially do it. It will be Friday, and yes I have all the lady gaga songs on my rockband too so Binyan warm up your singing voice before you come.
I will be there to make my glorious return ferrying the Wash U babies in my Candy Van.

Things to do at Genos:
1. Beat everyone at Pokemon
2. Play 10 Mewtwo dittos with Geno
3. Eat 2 Pizzas in 10 minutes
4. Beat Super Mario World, 98 clear

Radium88

Smash Lord
I'll be there Geno! And maybe ppl can trade with me. I have not team of 1337 pokemon yet....but the pokewalker is effing awesome. That is all.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I'll be there Geno! And maybe ppl can trade with me. I have not team of 1337 pokemon yet....but the pokewalker is effing awesome. That is all.
you will have all the starters though... I dont have my game yet lemme know who wants all the starters i will give them to rauleen and start my game over a bunch so lemme know here how many of each i should be getting... but hurry I wanna get my real game started so try to leave a message by monday afternoon.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I have so far won every game on shoddy with the team i put together after a few days of researching things...

so get at me guys... lol yeah right i probably played the newbest guys in there

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
I have so far won every game on shoddy with the team i put together after a few days of researching things...

so get at me guys... lol yeah right i probably played the newbest guys in there
is a week enough time to breed 5 garchomp-lings with my perfect garchomp?

I want to try making a garchomp only team.

-standard yache chomp
-brightpowder chomp
-chain chomp
-random moveset w/ stealth rock chomp (aerial ace and surf lol?)
-scarf chomp
-Choice band chomp

Daniel_the_Seraph

Smash Ace
I guess. But it relies mostly on SD EQ.

I was thinking something crazy like a choice specs chomp

But you do know he's banned now, don't you?

EDIT: I should make a team of 6 Lucarios.

Subsalac
Choice Specs
Focus Sash (I used to love spamming focus sash)
Choice Scarf
Choice Band
Something else.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
ok so im gonna say that no one wants any pokemanz from me... starting the game you kids have fun couldnt last any longer. rauleen got it for me, now i need to play

Top Bottom