• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
went to my first smashfest at kyle's, bunch of bull**** youtube tactics
Aw man dawg we can't be YouTube!

JGALT, let it be known that I did some JGALT-style smack-talking since you weren't here to do it yourself. Tourneyfrogs got clowned on.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
RAWR RAWR RAWR! SPAM SPAM SPAM! WORDS WORDS WORDS! ACTIVITY ACTIVITY ACTIVITY!

Japanese Smash myths busted:

Kel said:
I've asked and they don't use the ledge grabbing limit rule (from what I've seen and heard around here) that everyone's heard of coming from Japan. They ban the MK infinite cape glitch, just like us. They grab the edge and ledge camp like we do to a certain extent.
More interesting facts / talk about the Japanese smash community http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231731

... /spoof! /disappear!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
What an interesting thread, thanks for the link.

Back to work for me though!

MetalMusicMan

Its amazing how good the japanese yoshi and olimar was.

And how easily metaknight was able to beat them anyway.
I didn't see anything particularly amazing (more than good yoshi's here) about either of them, or anything overly broken or "easy" about how metaknight won.

The Yoshi player would have won if they played consistently, but they got lazy after the first stock and a half or so.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I didn't see anything particularly amazing (more than good yoshi's here) about either of them, or anything overly broken or "easy" about how metaknight won.

The Yoshi player would have won if they played consistently, but they got lazy after the first stock and a half or so.
I respectfully disagree. I know a low tier fighting an uphill battle when I see one.

I never said metaknight was broken, just that it was a gay matchup.

Legan

Smash Lord
Um...last time i checked I was me. So wtf is there to be jealous of?

On another note, I dont know if weve discussed transportation to kahoka yet so we should probably get this organized before it's too late.

MetalMusicMan

Um...last time i checked I was me. So wtf is there to be jealous of?

On another note, I dont know if weve discussed transportation to kahoka yet so we should probably get this organized before it's too late.
We can talk serious detailszosrsz at my smashfest tomorrow night, if ya'll are coming.

I don't have a GPS but I might just go out and buy one. It's going to be me, Seth, (maybe Kevin) and David, plus whoever else comes (Legan and Kyle, anyone else?). No Kolby. So 6 people unless I forgot anyone.

So I will drive if we need a second car, which it sounds like we will. I was planning on everyone being at my place by like 6 or 7pm on friday night? That way we get to Kahoka by 10 or 11pm.

I am planning on leaving Saturday night or Sunday morning depending on when the tournament finishes. Probably Sunday morning / afternoon? Not sure. TBD.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Hey team St. Louis. It's a good thing you're talking about Kahoka plans now; I have a bit of a situation I was hoping you guys could help me out with. Basically, no one else from Rolla is going so I don't have a ride to Kahoka, but I have arranged a ride with my roommate to and from St. Louis. I should be in town before your planned 6/7 pm leaving time (leaving Rolla around 2 pm leaves me there several hours early in fact), and I would be needing to go back in the early afternoon Sunday. Could I catch a ride to Kahoka with you guys? I'm almost as thin as Mr. Game & Watch so I won't take up much room, and I'll pay my share in gas of course. I could bring a set up as well probably if we have ample extra room. Any way it goes, let me know the situation (preferably ASAP). I'd definitely really like to make it to Kahoka, to say the least.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon Trainer & Captain Falcon Pokemon!

STAGE: Weegee's Mansion

Im totally spamming this everywhere because I have nothing better to do =D

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm driving a car to Kahoka.

I'll be leaving at 6:00.

As in, if you aren't at my place or on my way there at 6:00, you'll be left behind.

Ampharos, you are as free to come as any.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Legan don't you live closer to thinkaman than Metal? It sounds like you and Ampharos should ride with Thinkaman since you'll both be closer to him (If Ampharos is in STL), and that way everyone else can fit in Metal's car and I dont have to drive 45 mins. just to get a ride.

Edit: this will only work if Kevin y Seth are the only other people coming, but I thought brawleen was too?

MetalMusicMan

Legan don't you live closer to thinkaman than Metal? It sounds like you and Ampharos should ride with Thinkaman since you'll both be closer to him (If Ampharos is in STL), and that way everyone else can fit in Metal's car and I dont have to drive 45 mins. just to get a ride.

Edit: this will only work if Kevin y Seth are the only other people coming, but I thought brawleen was too?

This is probably the best plan, though it depends on everyone else's schedule and plans and whatnot. I would imagine that Ampharos would be closer to Thinkaman though, since he is actually in STL whereas I am in St. Charles.

Rauleen isn't coming :p

Radium88

Smash Lord

I'm already asking the next weekend off for various reasons and I won't ask for 2 weekends in a row. But I'll see your *** tonight. :p

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I wish my school let out in the middle of April. Didn't you get there in like December? You only have one semester or something?

Kyle do you still have Chezzle's Gamebridge? I didn't get to try it out before I left on Friday. I'd like to try using it Wednesday or Thursday (before you leave for Kahoka).

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
hahah well ya know muba might not be in aruba at all

could have been some unfortunate removal from the country business LULZ

hows that knee buddy

MuBa

Smash Lord
I wish my school let out in the middle of April. Didn't you get there in like December? You only have one semester or something?
My semester was from January-April, I'm right now on a 3 week break so I came to visit home but have to go back at May 12th.

Deku, my knee surgery happened a long time ago, around July 2007 when I was in Pakistan. But it's doing much better.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So, where do I need to be (as in an address)? My ride evidently lives in South County which, me not being from St. Louis, doesn't mean much to me but probably does to you. Hopefully getting to whatever part of St. Louis I need to be in doesn't prove too tricky...

Also, I'm probably going to be there a few hours before 6. Maybe we could play some friendlies then? I'd hate to get in town and have to wander the streets for a few hours, but sacrifices I guess...

Top Bottom