• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Metal was it your D3? and how did everyone do. If i have to wait until next tuesday cause there is too much to write thats cool.
Well, lets see.
Kyle won the tourney, I didn't catch who was in finals with him, I think Chewy.
Um...Toga is amazing, all that needs to be said.
Metal is a cool guy.
There was a crew of ****ing Metaknights there.
I won like 4 money matches, I sucked in the tourney, but did pretty good in friendlies and MM's.(Amazing Ness and Falcon ditto's Kyle, and such a fun Samus ditto Metal, when I come to your next Smashfest you gotta' show me some tipsies.)
Kyle ***** at Norfair, Drill Rest FTW.
Help me out guys, if I'm missing anything.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Well, lets see.
Kyle won the tourney, I didn't catch who was in finals with him, I think Chewy.
Um...Toga is amazing, all that needs to be said.
Metal is a cool guy.
There was a crew of ****ing Metaknights there.
I won like 4 money matches, I sucked in the tourney, but did pretty good in friendlies and MM's.(Amazing Ness and Falcon ditto's Kyle, and such a fun Samus ditto Metal, when I come to your next Smashfest you gotta' show me some tipsies.)
Kyle ***** at Norfair, Drill Rest FTW.
Help me out guys, if I'm missing anything.
Gahh i wish i could have gone, **** friends and their "favors". My only solace is that i didnt give my money away just to get ***** by the guys that usually **** me for free.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Yeah it was pretty good times. A lot more skill there than I thought there would be.

It wasn't my DeDeDe it was Chewies. I still think I won the match for Kyle though.

He was losing and I was all like "HEY KYLE, JUST PRETEND YOU'RE FIGHTING MY DEDEDE, ONLY HE'S BETTER!" After that, Kyle's relentless fury of Jiggly Puff gayness was unstoppable, right up to the last stock of the last match where I again yelled out, "KYLE, DRILL-REST FINISH!" and it was so. At that exact second, Kyle obliged me by drill-resting Chewie's DeDeDe to win the tournament. "There, are you happy?" said the triumphant Kyle, as he bowed in all of his glorious grace.

Kyle you owe me your winnings again, lawl jay kay

I only got like 9th or something at the tourney though because I have ZERO experience versus Metaknight since I am the only one in ****ing STL that plays him and he's not even my main, lmfao.

I'm still pissed about that, actually. I beat Toga, then I got beat by Rob Gambino's MetaKnight, then Toga beat Rob Gambino's Metaknight. W T F!?!!? lol

Milk and his crew had some cool people-- I did some really stupid but hilarious Falco dittos that were lawlz. I definitely wanna Samus ditto Milk again, haha.

I also ***** some poor child's Pikachu and Lucario with Pokemon Trainer and I felt kind of dirty afterward.

In the end though it was good times and it just shows that Kyle's jiggs is still ******** and Toga is still the master of ****** high tiers with ganondorf and bike-killing with wario.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Yeah good chit kyle, you got beat by chewy in winners finals (I think?) and then completely out played him in grand. awesome stuff, and fun to watch.

lol at toga almost beating chewy's d3 with Gannon.

Thanks for getting the tourney together milk! the venue was pretty neat and the guy that owned (or was managing) the place was pretty kewl, next time you should convince him to do doubles as well as singles.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Yeah it was pretty good times. A lot more skill there than I thought there would be.

It wasn't my DeDeDe it was Chewies. I still think I won the match for Kyle though.

He was losing and I was all like "HEY KYLE, JUST PRETEND YOU'RE FIGHTING MY DEDEDE, ONLY HE'S BETTER!" After that, Kyle's relentless fury of Jiggly Puff gayness was unstoppable, right up to the last stock of the last match where I again yelled out, "KYLE, DRILL-REST FINISH!" and it was so. At that exact second, Kyle obliged me by drill-resting Chewie's DeDeDe to win the tournament. "There, are you happy?" said the triumphant Kyle, as he bowed in all of his glorious grace.

Kyle you owe me your winnings again, lawl jay kay

I only got like 9th or something at the tourney though because I have ZERO experience versus Metaknight since I am the only one in ****ing STL that plays him and he's not even my main, lmfao.

I'm still pissed about that, actually. I beat Toga, then I got beat by Rob Gambino's MetaKnight, then Toga beat Rob Gambino's Metaknight. W T F!?!!? lol

Milk and his crew had some cool people-- I did some really stupid but hilarious Falco dittos that were lawlz. I definitely wanna Samus ditto Milk again, haha.

I also ***** some poor child's Pikachu and Lucario with Pokemon Trainer and I felt kind of dirty afterward.

In the end though it was good times and it just shows that Kyle's jiggs is still ******** and Toga is still the master of ****** high tiers with ganondorf and bike-killing with wario.
Yeah that whole crew of Meta's was sorta' lame, I didn't get to meet the Gambino.
Yeah teach me some Samus tricks, that was super fun.

Yeah good chit kyle, you got beat by chewy in winners finals (I think?) and then completely out played him in grand. awesome stuff, and fun to watch.

lol at toga almost beating chewy's d3 with Gannon.

Thanks for getting the tourney together milk! the venue was pretty neat and the guy that owned (or was managing) the place was pretty kewl, next time you should convince him to do doubles as well as singles.
I love that venue, awesome people, food and drinks in a reasonable distance away, the manager is really cool.
The problem with doing Singles + Doubles, is that they are running on a time frame as you can see.
Next time TV's open up for free play, lets all play some teams.

Lixivium

Smash Champion

I've seen some johns in my time but this is right up there. I guess St. Louis owes you an apology for not having enough tierwh0res.

GG Kyle, even though it wasn't SMYM, sounds like it was a decent tourney.

MetalMusicMan

I've seen some johns in my time but this is right up there. I guess St. Louis owes you an apology for not having enough tierwh0res.

GG Kyle, even though it wasn't SMYM, sounds like it was a decent tourney.
I know right? If everyone in Saint Louis played Metaknight, clearly the scene would be so much better. I'm so glad that you share my perspective. LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
Kyle won the tourney with a down air to a rest on a D3!
That is all.
I remember the first time Kyle told me he mained Jiggz in melee. A naive youngster, I thought, "LAWL Jigglypuff that character is liek so bad and kiddie Kyle must not be that good."

I didn't tell him this. As we played though, he did horrible, terrible things to Dr. Mario. That night, I reflected on my own ignorance, and cried a little as I watched Crash.

Moral of the story: Jigglypuff is top unstoppable tier and needs to be banned.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I know right? If everyone in Saint Louis played Metaknight, clearly the scene would be so much better. I'm so glad that you share my perspective. LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL
No johns.

Jimmy is still improving lolll
he still doesn't do any good advanced tech stuff
but he 3 stocked jeremy at least 4 times today, and won all but 2 matches o_O?

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Come on Binyan, let me know when you guys play. How else am I going to keep up with Jimmy?

Teh Future

Smash Master
Ummm, just so you guys know, I didn't play Rob, but from what I saw of the matches it was clear metal had absolutely no idea what he was doing. imagine going to a melee tourney with no experience against sheik.

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
Hey St. Louis! It was nice seeing some of you at the Kirksville tournament; sorry I kind of died off at the end of the night. I was really wanting some friendlies with Legan, but was too tired to want to play.

Kyle, thanks for all the friendlies with Jiggs. You probably get this a lot, but you're the first great Jigglypuff I've ever played.

MetalMusicMan

I should have just ditto'd him. I probably would have been fine or at least decent. But I played DeDeDe/Falco and I have litterally never played that matchup before in my life.

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
I think my body must thrive on victories because I've fallen sick the day after my shameful 3rd place. cough cough.

I'm really impressed with everyone's level of play at the tournament, despite it being a local one.

Thinka- it goes without saying that I'm your humble servant now that you pwned my copy of SF4 (and that you dish out epic moves on command)

Metal - you ripped my ganon a new one, especially with metaknight. I would need incredible johns to justify that loss on norfair. As for the mk matchups, I don't have any experience with them really. Videos are the only training I have agains them. It's all in your head.

Milk!! - it's sad we didn't get to play each other (I think), but I heard you main ganon now and that you **** with him (at least I saw someone playing with that infamous tag of yours). It looked like you had some challenging bracket matches early on--bummer you didn't make it further.

Nyus - I still fear your luigi. I know you can give Will a good matchup too, just because he knows what's coming doesn't mean he can stop you!

Kolby - you'll be the next anther soon enough. I didn't get to see your matches but I don't doubt you impressed people with that pika.

Future - your ice climbers are super intimidating. I hate knowing that I have to mash like a madman to get out of your grabs or else I'm doomed. I am, however, ever so happy that you didn't play with Rob against me. I hate rob.

Chewy - I've placed a bounty on your head. Nice job knocking me out. I call no 'best 3 out of 5' losers finals john.

Whoever those guys were with the metaknights (Rob Gambino? and ??) - mix it up fellas! Wario is wicked, but so is variety.

I'm about to pass out, but I want to let everyone know that I was impressed with the progress I've seen from our region.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Milk!! - it's sad we didn't get to play each other (I think), but I heard you main ganon now and that you **** with him (at least I saw someone playing with that infamous tag of yours). It looked like you had some challenging bracket matches early on--bummer you didn't make it further.
Hahahahaha.
I wanted to get a friendly or two with you, but every time I was about to ask you were in the middle of another match so I decided not to intrude.
Oh of course that was me, it was pretty hot if I do say so myself. <3
I had to play one of those Metaknight Crew dudes, and I don't really have too much exp against Meta, and I didn't wanna' CP Meta against him, so yeah.
Then my second match I had to play Terrence(The Luigi you had to play against), and something about him, he usually beats me.
We MM'ed later that day and I won, so that was a good shot to the pride for me.
Maybe we'll get to play someday at someone's smashfest, Your Wario kinda' inspired me to secondary him.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Ummm, just so you guys know, I didn't play Rob, but from what I saw of the matches it was clear metal had absolutely no idea what he was doing. imagine going to a melee tourney with no experience against sheik.
No sense making analogies between melee and brawl
i have no experience against sheik. I'm the only sheik player around in all of missouri.
I do fine against them though.

No johns :p Just learn from your mistakes and improve

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
EDIT: My thousandth post! (check link)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221749

kyles got SKILLZ
NEED BLOOD
Bring it on, son!

Falcon ditto in winners finals was too good!!
It's true, no one has as much class as us. (except Toga who'd probably do a falcon ditto too)

We have got to play more. I want to play you with other characters too, even though all my other dudes are prone to grab-**** from ICs and DDD alike. Get to some of our smashfests, and tell me whenever something legit is going down in your neck of the woods. We've got cars, we'll make stuff happen. I've got a dollar to get back from lain, after all.

Kyle, thanks for all the friendlies with Jiggs. You probably get this a lot, but you're the first great Jigglypuff I've ever played.
Mr. Jangles, you are a top-notch guy. I really do love Yoshi players, I can't deny it. We need to get Mr. Gambino back where he belongs, playing Yoshi again over in Illinois.

I was gonna say some more stuff, but I suddenly found myself in an egg. Somehow I am not surprised at all by this, and fully accept it.

I should have just ditto'd him. I probably would have been fine or at least decent. But I played DeDeDe/Falco and I have litterally never played that matchup before in my life.
Falco was an okay idea, DDD not so much. You would have won the ditto.

I think my body must thrive on victories because I've fallen sick the day after my shameful 3rd place. cough cough.
I'm really impressed with everyone's level of play at the tournament, despite it being a local one.
Thinka- it goes without saying that I'm your humble servant now that you pwned my copy of SF4 (and that you dish out epic moves on command)
I'm about to pass out, but I want to let everyone know that I was impressed with the progress I've seen from our region.
We're getting better. I would not have been able to win without the massive experience I got in Kirksville the day before, no joke.

Whoever those guys were with the metaknights (Rob Gambino? and ??) - mix it up fellas! Wario is wicked, but so is variety.
Don't blame them, they just started picking up Brawl. I can't speak for Zose, but we'll have Mr. Gambino in his rightful place putting us all into eggs soon enough. He has a decent Fox too.

Until then, it's some much-needed MK practice for me! :D

I'll post a full report on both tourneys in a bit maybe.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion

Until then, it's some much-needed MK practice for me! :D

I'll post a full report on both tourneys in a bit maybe.

Once I pick my new Wii up, I need some Meta experience as well.
If you do a report of Play N Trade, be sure to mention our epic Falcon Ditto where I CrotchBoxed you're poor Falcon Chick.
I'm just really proud of myself and my crew(ish) doing pretty good in friendlies, though we all didn't do so great in the tourney, except my buddy who was using Olimar.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
If you do a report of Play N Trade, be sure to mention our epic Falcon Ditto where I CrotchBoxed you're poor Falcon Chick.
But if I do that, I'll have to tell them about how I immediately respawned and butt-boxed you back to win the match.

Edit: LEGAN YOU STILL HAVE MY AC ADAPTER AND NOW MY OTHER ONE IS IN KIRKSVILLE AND I CAN'T PLAY GAMES ARRRRRG.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
But if I do that, I'll have to tell them about how I immediately respawned and butt-boxed you back to win the match.

Edit: LEGAN YOU STILL HAVE MY AC ADAPTER AND NOW MY OTHER ONE IS IN KIRKSVILLE AND I CAN'T PLAY GAMES ARRRRRG.
You can just leave that part out...;).
LEGAN GIVE KYLE BACK HIS ADAPTER.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
There was supposed to be stuff going on last Saturday but nobody said anything when the time came.

The WashU kiddies let me down.

Geno some friends of mine (different people than last time) might go to your restaurant on Saturday night, would you be there?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Whoever is Driving for St. Louis for No Koast, please PM me with your arrangements and I will give you your directions for housing for the weekend.

MetalMusicMan

Whoever is Driving for St. Louis for No Koast, please PM me with your arrangements and I will give you your directions for housing for the weekend.
Actually we still need to work this out -- Kyle, we should take so we can get back to this man.

Also, for those of you who are coming to my place Tuesday, who haven't been here yet:

1315 South Carnegie Drive
St Peters MO 63376

636 699 2223

UnevenPavement

Smash Rookie
So I never post really, but had to mentioned how much fun Sunday was. Thanks to everyone who complimented the Pika! It was my first chance to play against people other than our local "crew" and I think he matched up pretty well for the most part.

My first match was against Chewy who was nice enough to hand me my first loss and show me that I didn't know how to play against IC. Thank you sir! Hopefully I will be a more formidable opponent when we meet again. DON'T GET GRABBED! AHHHH!!!

2nd loss came from Rob Gambino's MK. Would like a rematch here. SD'd 2nd stock of a set, otherwise it was pretty close the whole time. Pretty sure he had the best MK there.

A few wins in between the losses kept my confidence high and, overall, I can't be too ashamed of my performance. I had a blast and it was nice meeting everyone!

Anyone who can make it should come to Metal's tonight!

-Kolby

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I doubt I'll be able to make it guys. :(

Final NO KOAST roll call please!

Also, who is interested in going to FBT6:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209261

It's in Oshkosh, which is quite a haul.
FYI... I'm going by train if no one else does. If people in Chicago or Milwaukee can give rides to more than just me, someone else could go with me I guess. One-way train is $23 to Chicago, $22 more to Milwaukee.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I am nots going to no koast.

Probably not to fbt6.

probably try to make it to the next regional event after that.

Im kinda mad I didn't get to play any metaknights on sunday because of my awesome counterpick against them that no one except for william has seen.

Toga I dunno why I didn't go ROB, I was playing him really bad that day which is weird im usually a lot more consistent with him than with IC. Still its the first time I've heard someone say they would rather play an IC rather than ROB lol. As usual you are too good and you would almost probably beat my ROB on a good day. no johns for me, I lost to you/chewy and I just got outplayed.

Im gonna try to make it to Metal's tonight but I might not be able to because I backed into a tank yesterday and my car is all busted up : (

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey guys, who got 7th @ Edwardsville? FYI, the people who got 7th are the one who were eliminated by Gambino before he played Metal, and the one who were eliminated by Toga before he beat Zoze.

I'm guessing Future and... Nyus? Who did you guys get eliminated by, and who did you play as? Anyone should feel free to throw in information.

I assumed it wasn't Kolby because he got a bad bracket--I know he lost to Gambino, but how soon was that in loser's? I knocked Gambino into loser's first round, so it could have been any match.

Edit: Basic math says that since future lost winner's quarter-finals, his loss to toga in brackets was the match before toga played zoze... so he got 7th. Ice climbers only? Still unsure about Nyus's placing and character. Did he play... Luigi? Or is Nyus the Lucario/PT guy? I get everyone mixed up sometimes.

Edit 2: So Future definitely got 7th with ICs, but now I'm thinking the other 7th might have been that Diddy kid. the only thing is that I played him 3rd round in the top half of winner's, which I think should have put him in the bottom half of loser's in which case future would have beat him before playing Toga. Anyone know if future played that Diddy player, or any other information? I'm only obsessed with it now because it's like a puzzle where a single additional clue will allow us to solve it.

Teh Future

Smash Master
first round- bye

second round- random lucario guy that I beat using ROB/ice climbers

third round- lost to chewy 2-1 using ROB

losers- beat random olimar/terribadROB guy in losers using ice climbers/ROB

second round in loser's - lost to Toga 2-0 using ice climbers

Nyus lost to Metal first round, then he lost to the random olimar player that I beat in losers. He went all Mario. I don't know if he won any matches in between, probably.

I am going over to metal's tonight but I won't be able to stay very late.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I think I'm going to skip Metal's since no one else from STL central is going--also, it sounds like our Diddy guy got 7th.

Good work team.

Top Bottom